AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 13 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 61 83.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 6.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 4.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-30, 01:07   Link #41
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

kimi-mito-asama concert o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz View Post
Musashi sure levels up from multi-ship drifting to doing Immelman turns
Spoiler for img:

they ended it with (literally) blast everywhere

damn, I'm gonna miss this show so much

especially if there won't be any announcement for S3 T__T
Old 2012-09-30, 01:37   Link #42
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The problem is that even though they made money, it is a LOT of work.

At some point it might be decided that it is just too stressful to maintain the quality.
I agree they put a lot of work into Horizon, and they might even want a break from it for a bit before leaping into it again. But I don't see them ignoring a 20k lock for too long

Horizon - 21,554
Horizon 2 - 17,825 (and will climb)
Mai-Hime - 9,994
Accel World - 9,951 (might drop below Otome)
Mai-Otome - 8,952
Sora o Kakeru Shoujo - 3,535
Xenoglossia - 2,288

They clearly love the property and it's easily the best selling TV series Studio 8 have done, have confidence in a sequel eventually.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:11   Link #43
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I agree they put a lot of work into Horizon, and they might even want a break from it for a bit before leaping into it again. But I don't see them ignoring a 20k lock for too long

Horizon - 21,554
Horizon 2 - 17,825 (and will climb)
Mai-Hime - 9,994
Accel World - 9,951 (might drop below Otome)
Mai-Otome - 8,952
Sora o Kakeru Shoujo - 3,535
Xenoglossia - 2,288

They clearly love the property and it's easily the best selling TV series Studio 8 have done, have confidence in a sequel eventually.
The difference here, is that Horizon is an adaptation, so they had to share the profits with the rights holders. I would not be surprised if they end up only with normal profits. This is why Sunrise do so many Original shows.

With Original shows the profit is higher but with great risks if it bombed. With adaptations you will get paid even if it bombed, but if it sells well you can only get a share of the profits.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:49   Link #44
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've thought of it before, but after watching this episode... The whole thing really does feel like an epic One-Piece story arc huh

(Minus 20 episodes give or take)

In terms of overall experience, I really have to go with Horizon as my favorite for Summer 2012- there isn't a single episode I would change or not watch over and over again. Plus it's one of the few shows that really has a bit of everything into it, but it's also one of the most polarizing series ever The only people left watching it are truly the ones that love it through and through
Old 2012-09-30, 03:27   Link #45
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I swear...Horizon tech and setting is very fitting for electronic music.

There better be a release for Kimi's song there....
Old 2012-09-30, 03:52   Link #46
ChronoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
There better be a release for Kimi's song there....
It has already been released. It was apparently a bonus Cd which came with the first blu-ray of the first season. Song title is "星祭り".
Old 2012-09-30, 05:06   Link #47
venshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
kimi-mito-asama concert o.o

Spoiler for img:

they ended it with (literally) blast everywhere

damn, I'm gonna miss this show so much

especially if there won't be any announcement for S3 T__T

well that was one of the epic scenes of the last episode
Old 2012-09-30, 06:54   Link #48
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
In terms of overall experience, I really have to go with Horizon as my favorite for Summer 2012- there isn't a single episode I would change or not watch over and over again. Plus it's one of the few shows that really has a bit of everything into it, but it's also one of the most polarizing series ever The only people left watching it are truly the ones that love it through and through
Well for all the awesomeness it had. Its hard to follow through with a single time watching. You need to watched it again or ask for answers to understand what you can't understand. You need a lot of understanding to fully enjoy the show. You don't watched this for pure entertainment of fanservice shit or just to waste time or guilty pleasure. If your planning to do that then drop it (in my opinion). Thus the only people who are left are probably already baptized by season 1.

This story is trully superb and magnificent but its not the type that everyone will love and enjoy but its a masterpiece that I will surely remember.

This is indeed the best for this season if you ask me.
Old 2012-09-30, 08:18   Link #49
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Extremely impressed with the last episode. Best anime this summer no doubt. Really hope there will be a season 3. Too lazy to read the LN XD.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:40   Link #50
Kunagisa

Yes!!!!!! After pausing so many times I finally know what you look like!!!! This is Olimpia Maidalchini. The only thing that was bugging me the entire season because I thought they axed her out even though Dousetsu was still here.

Truly, truly no regret now.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:43   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like Olimpia is an angel.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:18   Link #52
Raviel

Nate's mom sure looks.........toned down in the anime.

I mean when you consider that she's probably larger than Tomo.....
Old 2012-09-30, 10:23   Link #53
Dynellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Nate's mom sure looks.........toned down in the anime.

I mean when you consider that she's probably larger than Tomo.....
We need other people around her to really see the difference, she's quite the amazon so you don't really see how big she really is till you have someone to compare her to.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:27   Link #54
SQA

With how well Horizon is selling, even as an adaptation, I think it's safe to assume we'll get at least a S3.

However, Spring 2014 is probably the earliest it would happen. Though probably 2015 is more likely. What, as an audience, tend to forget that production timelines are quite long. Especially since they'll need a new financial approval to run another series. This is why 2-3 years between seasons isn't really uncommon or unexpected. You get shorter time frames when things are pre-approved and in the pipe line without anyone knowing.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:50   Link #55
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post

Yes!!!!!! After pausing so many times I finally know what you look like!!!! This is Olimpia Maidalchini. The only thing that was bugging me the entire season because I thought they axed her out even though Dousetsu was still here.

Truly, truly no regret now.
So...unlike her brother
Old 2012-09-30, 18:07   Link #56
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So... All the pairings of this season got together in the end... Except for Shakespeare and Neshinbara ?
Old 2012-10-01, 05:33   Link #57
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
With how well Horizon is selling, even as an adaptation, I think it's safe to assume we'll get at least a S3.

However, Spring 2014 is probably the earliest it would happen. Though probably 2015 is more likely. What, as an audience, tend to forget that production timelines are quite long. Especially since they'll need a new financial approval to run another series. This is why 2-3 years between seasons isn't really uncommon or unexpected. You get shorter time frames when things are pre-approved and in the pipe line without anyone knowing.
Well I said it on /a/ on Saturday but you're right if we're lucky we'll have an announcement for it happening sometime during Spring / Summer seasons next year and then it airing sometime in 2014.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-01, 05:40   Link #58
venshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
So...unlike her brother

from what specific time is this?? I kept pausing the episode but I can't see it
Old 2012-10-01, 06:31   Link #59
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Can someone explain, why after defeat, Gin stay in Musashi? If not Muneshige running with her, she will be alone.
Old 2012-10-01, 10:34   Link #60
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Can someone explain, why after defeat, Gin stay in Musashi? If not Muneshige running with her, she will be alone.
she will be alone anyway if she come back to Henares since his husband will soon be replaced

so why bother