AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 15:07   Link #921
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I think I prefer Medusa the way she is. There was something... overripe about Arachne. Medusa's just right. Scarier and sexier.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 22:20   Link #922
animekritik

I prefer Medusa too.

BTW, I just posted on chapter 60 in my blog. Take a look if you like!!
Old 2009-04-13, 01:46   Link #923
Alchemist007
*Author

Chrona is HOT! She should be nude more often
Or at least get different clothes.
Old 2009-04-13, 12:39   Link #924
SEChronaFan

My Chrona-Medusa Theory:

I have a feeling this is just a tease created by the creator. I would not be surprised to get a tease favoring the male-side of the argument soon. I think it will be revealed that Medusa manipulated Chrona's birth so that he/she would be entirely genderless. Without a gender, Chrona would be less susceptible to have an attachment to any others, basically making Chrona a genderless, emotionless, human-killing kishin machine. Obviously that backfired a bit when Maka got through to Chrona. Now Medusa is forcing Chrona back onto the path of the kishin and I think Chrona will be the one who killed BJ, explaining Ragnarok's extra arm and extra creepiness.

Plausible?
SEChronaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:47   Link #925
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Not sure the extra arm has anything to do with it, but I concur otherwise. Leaving Chrona an intact individual who would experience mood swings and other such things that happen to teenagers wouldn't do any good when trying to create a Kishin. Ohkubo probably just wanted to make a big impact with Chrona's return and so gave us a nice, sexy, creepy page of Chrona. I wonder what that string is though. Is Chrona using a curtain as a bed sheet?
Hisago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 17:05   Link #926
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEChronaFan View Post
My Chrona-Medusa Theory:

I have a feeling this is just a tease created by the creator. I would not be surprised to get a tease favoring the male-side of the argument soon. I think it will be revealed that Medusa manipulated Chrona's birth so that he/she would be entirely genderless. Without a gender, Chrona would be less susceptible to have an attachment to any others, basically making Chrona a genderless, emotionless, human-killing kishin machine. Obviously that backfired a bit when Maka got through to Chrona. Now Medusa is forcing Chrona back onto the path of the kishin and I think Chrona will be the one who killed BJ, explaining Ragnarok's extra arm and extra creepiness.

Plausible?
How exactly would a male-hinting tease work out, exactly? Secondary sexual characteristics-wise, Crona is female, with a hint of possibly being a trap, but the hint that really suggests 'female' in that picture is the censorship of her breasts. No matter what, I think the only tease which could contradict that would be actually showing Crona topless, which would either blatantly out Crona as male or bring the manga to a level of ecchi beyond what it's shown so far. Personally, I think that this is the be all end all tease.

As far as Crona actually being genderless as a result of Medusa's meddling, I suppose that might be plausible. It seems like Medusa's drive to make Crona an 'emotionless killing machine' though is a pretty recent thing, as before Crona's (attempted?) rebellion Medusa basically treated her as an 'experiment', and Crona was generally obedient anyways. So to summarize, I'm sceptical that Medusa would've modified Crona's gender in an attempt to isolate her to ensure her obedience because that wasn't an issue until fairly recently anyways.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 17:16   Link #927
Hisago

What breasts? Ohkubo could easily pull some Anime Anatomy on us and draw Chrona topless but lacking any nipples. And even if he didn't, I doubt there would be much of a difference. Chrona's pretty underdeveloped...

And since the chest stays covered, we still can't made any decisions.
Old 2009-04-13, 21:42   Link #928
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
What breasts? Ohkubo could easily pull some Anime Anatomy on us and draw Chrona topless but lacking any nipples. And even if he didn't, I doubt there would be much of a difference. Chrona's pretty underdeveloped...

And since the chest stays covered, we still can't made any decisions.
yea we can't make any real decisions atm but doesn't mean we can't make one for our own entertainment

and with that pic, I'm kinda sold on Chrona being a lovely wee lass

well fact is to throw a image like that at use then to later say "Psyche! its a boy!" I think I would somewhat die inside

it would be a bad joke indeed -__-
Old 2009-04-13, 22:44   Link #929
ellifeedn
Thinker

Perhaps Crona can change gender depending on how Crona feels at the moment.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 23:20   Link #930
Alchemist007
*Author

Eh, I don't think the author would go for the gender identity button. I'm concluded that Chrona is female.
Old 2009-04-15, 14:11   Link #931
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

^^' it would be really funny that in the end he is a boy and everyone thought Chrona is a girl, everyone would be speachless and probably wont see Chrona the same way, I know I wont
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 02:42   Link #932
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways I wonder how this mission will be viewed overall? I mean you could call it a success since Arachne was defeated and her plot stopped. Yet Medusa got a new body (which is somewhat a plus since they recovered the hostage) and they lost Kid. Of course there was growth for Maka and Mifune was defeated by Black Star. It seems to be a pretty mixed bag, but overall a positive since they did stop the immediate threat.

Definitely plenty of aftermath to deal with right now. Be it dealing with Angela who is now alone or patching up the injured. Definitely looking forward to the chapter next month.
Old 2009-04-20, 06:44   Link #933
lmd_84

I reckon that after dealing with the aftermath as you say, the next item on the agenda is Noah and Kid. Namely, Noah is a whole new element to deal with (neither witch nor kishin, and having his own plans), and Kid just got that bit more unusual what with the Sanzu Lines reminding us that he's a shinigami, and not just a strong human as with Black Star. I like that the arc ended so very mixed, especially with Black Star and Mifune. That was just very well done. Come to think of it, almost every good thing to come out of this arc has had a nasty downside.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 14:29   Link #934
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder if there is some force in their world that's more powerful than the Kishin.
Old 2009-04-20, 15:04   Link #935
Hisago

Shinigami-sama's pretty darn powerful, and it's likely something will have to defeat the Kishin eventually...
Old 2009-04-20, 15:44   Link #936
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder if there is some force in their world that's more powerful than the Kishin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
Shinigami-sama's pretty darn powerful, and it's likely something will have to defeat the Kishin eventually...
Well, real Kishin are extreme, physical examples of chaos and madness. Alongside chaos, there is order, currently represented by Shinigami. In a world where chaos and order seem to be the factors underlying everything, I'm not sure what could count as more powerful.

I think Kishin Asura and Death are it when it comes to power and influence. Everything else, Noah, Medusa, even the Shibusen people, are just the smaller parts of a bigger picture. The other question yet to be addressed is the Witches Assembly, which could itself be yet another player in this game...type thing.

Which brings to mind that this whole fiasco is just a personal feud between a reckless, fearful man and the god who doesn't like people disagreeing with him. Or killing his allies, which is fair enough.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 19:05   Link #937
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Well, fate is always a powerful force that can't normally be beaten.

To add to what I said earlier, I was wondering if the Kishin would be the final Big Bad in this series or if something more sinister will come out.
Old 2009-04-20, 19:55   Link #938
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
stuffstuffstuff and they lost Kid
slkgldfh when people say that i want to cry ;__;

My prediction is that for the next several chapters, things are gonna be focused on Medusa/Chrona and the whole Noah situation for a good portion of time, plus im sure Stein and Marie's murder investigation will come into play, and once they're all resolved (assuming they will be anyway) i have a feeling that once Shibusen returns to its somewhat regular days of happy go lucky soul collecting, Asura will come from out of nowhere and permenantly kill off one of the main characters, thus a final climactic battle will ensue.

As for specific events, its hard to say given how much Ohkubo's writing has been especially considering with how everything has been as of late, cause i don't think anyone could've predicted beforehand (not saying no one has, im just pointing out how unpredictable the story has become thus far)
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 15:27   Link #939
R-Otaku
Who needs a picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ Well, fate is always a powerful force that can't normally be beaten.

To add to what I said earlier, I was wondering if the Kishin would be the final Big Bad in this series or if something more sinister will come out.
Well there is that third Gorgon sister still floating about in the ether..
R-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 17:54   Link #940
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Otaku View Post
Well there is that third Gorgon sister still floating about in the ether..
Has it ever been confirmed that their is a third sister or are people just basing this off of the Greek myths? I agree with the idea of a third sister, but will doubt her existence unless it is proven.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen