AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2018-09-24, 03:39   Link #201
WingedAccelerator

Durarara!! got an 36 episodes second season to close things off, because for some reason, they were sitting on it for years, even though it was really successful. Index should have gotten the same treatment, and nobody would have complained, unless of course, it will turn out that there is a 10 episodes split cour after the initial 26 episodes.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 09:12   Link #202
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

TBH I'm just happy for getting this in the first place. As long as the action scenes are awesome I don't care if everything else is a trainwreck. I'm watching this to see those scenes adapted. I can read the LN for the story.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 14:22   Link #203
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
TBH I'm just happy for getting this in the first place. As long as the action scenes are awesome I don't care if everything else is a trainwreck. I'm watching this to see those scenes adapted. I can read the LN for the story.
Finally. It's getting headache-inducing to see so many people complain that this won't be the perfect adaptation to a not-perfect story (something that scarcely even exists in the first place), after complaining for seven years about the lack of a season 3...

People, complaining is only cute when you do it occasionally, not when everything doesn't fit the ideal you have of a season. Let it come out before judging it, yeah?
Old 2018-09-27, 07:27   Link #204
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The second character PV for Toaru Majutsu no Index III: Misaka Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsurin View Post
<snip>
Alright, fine. Let's change tracks then.

I wonder why there hasn't been any announcement about Index III English streams by Crunchyroll or Simul-dubs by Funimation yet. I have at least heard rumors that there will be a simul-dub but no formal announcement.

Also, on many polls for the upcoming season, Index III is consistently ranking in the top 3 along with SAO: Alicization and JJBA: Golden Wind.
Old 2018-09-27, 09:09   Link #205
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The second character PV for Toaru Majutsu no Index III: Misaka Mikoto

Alright, fine. Let's change tracks then.

I wonder why there hasn't been any announcement about Index III English streams by Crunchyroll or Simul-dubs by Funimation yet. I have at least heard rumors that there will be a simul-dub but no formal announcement.

Also, on many polls for the upcoming season, Index III is consistently ranking in the top 3 along with SAO: Alicization and JJBA: Golden Wind.
A trailer solely dedicated to Mikoto? I've been reading OT, she is almost a non presence except in 16. This has gone beyond the original point and straight into false advertisement.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 11:13   Link #206
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I find it hilarious IMO .
Old 2018-09-27, 16:15   Link #207
SMT
*Artist

So I liked Railgun and only some parts of Index. (in all honesty only the sister arc and the invasion arc...)
Is this worthwhile for me, does it become better here?

I heard from some blog it's gonna be a lot better from here.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 16:30   Link #208
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
So I liked Railgun and only some parts of Index. (in all honesty only the sister arc and the invasion arc...)

Well there are lots of arcs rivalling the Sister's and Invasion arcs from here on. However, I doubt you'll appreciate it as much if you liked the filler ridden railgun anime. Too different in atmosphere
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.

Last edited by BladeMancer; 2018-09-27 at 16:42.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 21:34   Link #209
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:

I think it'll be way better than the first two seasons if they keep any of the story in the adaptation. It's truly MUCH better. Should be fairly better than the first half of Railgun S.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 05:14   Link #210
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Newest CM with new brief shots from Episode 1 and finally some voice acting:

https://twitter.com/toaru_project/st...77844316270592

Atsushi Abe as Kamijou is sounding as badass as ever.

Quote:

I'll just copy what I've posted on another forum:

"Prepare to be surprised, I guess. The series towards the end of Season 2 (Invasion Arc) goes through what can only be described as a paradigm shift away from stock harem antics as the scale of the plot begins to take over. Almost 15 years into the series, while the ecchi component never quite reaches zero, it is inaccurate to refer to Index as a romantic comedy/harem series. This must sound flabbergasting based on the first two seasons but that's just how much the series has changed."

So it definitely gets better.

EDIT:

Also some interest news: Alice and Index Join Forces for SAO, A Certain Magical Index Campaign

Also stunning promo image:

Lastly, the ending theme by Yuka Iguchi is titled, Eve of a Revolution (革命前夜 Kakumei Zenya)

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-09-28 at 06:13. Reason: Extra Details
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 18:59   Link #211
SMT
*Artist

That's great to know, thanks. The harem stuff really annoys me.
And quite frankly I wasn't too keen on the slice of life filler stuff in Railgun either. I prefer the really dark vibes that the sisters and invasion arc gave. That was really cool. Imo that's where the city as setting really shines.

Seems like it'll be a treat for me then.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 19:28   Link #212
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
That's great to know, thanks. The harem stuff really annoys me.
And quite frankly I wasn't too keen on the slice of life filler stuff in Railgun either. I prefer the really dark vibes that the sisters and invasion arc gave. That was really cool. Imo that's where the city as setting really shines.

Seems like it'll be a treat for me then.
If it is the darker stuff you want to see more of, then Index III won't disappoint. Season 3 will continue the escalation of the conflict between Academy City and the Church, along with taking a deeper look at the dark side of Academy City.

It is hard to believe we are only as week away from the first episode.
Old 2018-09-30, 02:53   Link #213
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Just posting this here ahead of the Index movie airing in Japan. Its a private video on the official channel that will be probably air during the movie's airing.

Movie will air at 7pm JST which is just over 2 hours from now.

I'm guessing its just the commercial that I linked to in my previous post but just in case...
Old 2018-09-30, 03:32   Link #214
RDNexus

Video not available...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 04:39   Link #215
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
The movie hasn't aired yet; the video is currently private and can't be seen until its made public.

EDIT: Just consolidating posts.

They are slowly revealing VAs for the new season during the commercials for the Index Movie. All now listed on the Index website.
  • Kakine Teitoku played by Masaya Matsukaze
  • Princess Rimea played by Hino Mari
  • Princess Carissa played by Shindou Kei
  • Princess Villian played by Harada Sayaka
  • Knight Leader played by Koyasu Takehito
  • Queen Elizard played by Soumi Youko
  • Fiamma of the Right played by Morikawa Toshiyuki
  • Oyafune Suama played by Hara Yumi
  • Oyafune Monaka played by Doi Mika

Also the video posted previously turned out to be the CM as I predicted; so no surprises there.

But there was a New Testament LN ad with Atsushi Abe voicing lines from NT9-10. No video for that yet.

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-09-30 at 07:21. Reason: Consolidation of posts
Old 2018-09-30, 06:16   Link #216
Inept Forum User

Only a matter of time, I suppose.
Old 2018-09-30, 07:34   Link #217
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

They are updating the website with character designs now:
Spoilers
Spoiler for Queen Elizard
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoilers
Spoiler for Oyafune Suama
Spoilers
Spoiler for Oyafune Monaka

Last edited by OH&S; 2018-09-30 at 07:37. Reason: Added the Oyafunes
Old 2018-09-30, 08:41   Link #218
ruklove

New Cast

https://moca-news.net/article/201809...93021000a_/01/

Teitoku Kakine: Masaya Matsukaze
Elizard: Yoko Soumi
Rimea: Mari Hino
Carissa: Kei Shindou
Villian: Sayaka Harada
Knight Leader: Takehito Koyasu
Uho no Fiamma: Toshiyuki Morikawa
Suama Oyafune: Yumi Hara
Monaka Oyafune: Mika Doi

So at least it will around Vol.18 .

*did not see edit post above T^T
ruklove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 12:54   Link #219
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Fiamma of the Right just wants a quiet life and Princess Carissa wants Nebby to get back in the bag. I love the casting jokes I can make.
Old 2018-09-30, 20:45   Link #220
Ernietheracefan

At least Uiharu didn't get drilled..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote