Old 2007-03-23, 11:22   Link #321
ashlay
the red string of fate

^the best stuff is the heaviest. >:3
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:30   Link #322
Juvyniled

"She's so damn impulsive, I hate her."

This was a common sentiment just an episode ago. And yet now, it seems people pity Euphemia given the situation she's fallen into. Certainly she didn't call such an extreme consequence on herself, but she put herself on the chopping block. Even the innocent, timid, meek, childish, etc. people like her should be possible victims of calamity. Even if there is a subtle way to remove Euphemia from the scene, her orders won't disappear until there is nothing left and even if it isn't active, she'll be forced to kill Elevens on sight. It'd be more cruel to lock her away at this point than to release her from her torment.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:34   Link #323
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Just watched this ep again with Chn sub. The scene with Euphe resisting the kill order was just painful to watch, almost bought me to tears. Goro (the show director) is evil - may be he was laughing like the Emperor when he wrote this part.

There are lots of people to blame for this incident. Let's start with Lelouch: he didn't intentionally give this order, but it was one of the options he seriously considered. Diethard expected this possible result, even though he don't know how Zero did it. The Emperor seem to know a lot about Zero's geass power - he was going "LOL he really did it!".

And C.C. - she is keeping too much secret from Lelouch. Could her brain-talk buddy choose that moment to boost up Lelouch's geass power, because when he give up his fight and shake hand with Euphe was interpreted as breaking the contract?

So what will happen next...

EUU and Chinese Federation may go all out war together against Britannia. Seeing what happens in Japan on life TV, their populations and leaders may see this as the best option for survival.

Can the Black Knight survive the fight? They sure got full support from the population and most likely Kyoto. Britannia's chain of command is in a state of confussion. Cornelia will have a hard time getting things back in order, but she got some new elite units to take on the Black Knights.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:42   Link #324
Seska

Spoiler:
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:42   Link #325
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He says, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! He's (She's) done it now!"
He doesn't say who he's addressing to, the subject is left out.
So it's not clear if he means he (Lelouch) or she (Euphemia). Although from the context, it's most likely referring to Lulu.
Which brings up the question... is Emperor aware of everything? The ultimate mastermind behind it all afterall?

It's most likely about Lulu, but either way, I think we can safely assume he's one evil sonovagun.

Man, I'm glad I don't have him as my dad.
The first thing that came to my mind was that he might refer to C.C. Since she was originally in the "possession" of the British Empire, he might know about her and her ability to grant the Geass to someone. So it might be "MUHAHAHAHA, C.C. you've really done it this time. Look how your 'gift' turned out this time around! MUHAHAHAHAHA!"
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:43   Link #326
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Juvyniled
I know you're not refering to anyone in particular, but for the record - I don't hate/ strongly dislike Euphemia, anytime during the course of this series. Even in the last episode I could understand where she's coming from.

As for this episode, what she's forced to do is worse then being killed herself. All the years of goodwill would be forgotten, her reptuation would be ruin and her name would be cursed for generations...

I'm not blaming Lelouch either, it wasn't his intention, nor could he forsee that the Geass would screw him right there and then...

It is ... A very unfortunate mistake.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 11:46   Link #327
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
There are lots of people to blame for this incident. Let's start with Lelouch: he didn't intentionally give this order, but it was one of the options he seriously considered. Diethard expected this possible result, even though he don't know how Zero did it. The Emperor seem to know a lot about Zero's geass power - he was going "LOL he really did it!".
I highly doubt he was going to consider using such an order on Euphemia. Look how conflicted he is even with what he has to do to free her. Despite the fact that Euphemia did put a spike in Lelouch's plans, he wasn't out to kill her or force her into such a compromising position. He might've possibly used her, but he had no control over Geass at that point. I suppose sticking in the little caption with the Emperor laughing about it... is supposed to be significant.

Quote:
And C.C. - she is keeping too much secret from Lelouch. Could her brain-talk buddy choose that moment to boost up Lelouch's geass power, because when he give up his fight and shake hand with Euphe was interpreted as breaking the contract?
An interesting but highly controversial theory. It would seem then that Lelouch is a pawn in this game that the Geass people are playing.
Old 2007-03-23, 12:03   Link #328
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
About episode 22:

OH.MY.GOD.

All right, I gotta give it to Sunrise. I wasn't 100% convinced they could pull some things that happened in the episode off, and looking at the number of replies, it doesn't seem like I'm the only one shocked out of my pants.

Spoiler:

It's hard to see Euphie getting out of this one easily. After all, the Special Region would almost seem like a trap for the Elevens and while it deals in favour of Zero and the OoBK, it certainly is another step to isolating him from other people. It will probably be a miracle if Lelouch isn't driven insane at the end of season 2 at the rate he's going.

I'm really extremely sympathetic with Lelouch now. So many times foiled, and none of them with controllable factors. Because of him, he has to order the death of another loved one.

That being said, I wonder how the royals are going to act in regards to this incident. Obviously if Suzaku finds Euphie and hears her out, Zero's identity might come one dangerous step closer to being unveiled. I can't even imagine how Cornelia would react. Certainly she would have lost little sleep over the slaughtering of Elevens, but those were innocents, and it WAS her sister who 'ordered' the killing.

As for Schneizel...Apparently he doesn't seem so bad, after seeing that expression on his face when he heard the news. The Emperor, however, makes me think that the son of a bitch is actually happy about this, as though it was something he expected to happen. It appears he might actually be the one with the real mind-reading GEASS on the chessboard between him and Lelouch-That is, already knowing what's going to happen.

Want to blame someone? Turn your rotten tomatoes to the bastard sitting pretty on the golden seat of Brittania.
I remember making an observation last episode about the danger of Euphemia the kind face being used to kill the 11's will to fight and then leading them into a secret trap forever securing real power for Britannia. I don't think this is a secret anymore though, so I was only about a quarter right about the trap thing, because it will only cause people to revolt now. Just an aside, these are the mosto overwhelmingly postive 10/10 reviews I think I've ever seen on the boards, could the episode really have been that good. Guess I'll find out soon enough how good it was.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:11   Link #329
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
"She's so damn impulsive, I hate her."

This was a common sentiment just an episode ago. And yet now, it seems people pity Euphemia given the situation she's fallen into. Certainly she didn't call such an extreme consequence on herself, but she put herself on the chopping block. Even the innocent, timid, meek, childish, etc. people like her should be possible victims of calamity. Even if there is a subtle way to remove Euphemia from the scene, her orders won't disappear until there is nothing left and even if it isn't active, she'll be forced to kill Elevens on sight. It'd be more cruel to lock her away at this point than to release her from her torment.
i wont call it hate but i guess a lot of people will dislike yuffie for being the one who is clueless but still manages to get in the way ~ like "you bitch!! you dont know anything...just get out of the way!!" but ofc the "get out of the way" part would be to simply make her go some place else and live her own fantasy life...but this is just to tragic...no one could have guess that something like this could have ever happen (and i compliment the script writers for something different) ~ so instead that dislike turned to "yuffie dont die!!"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:12   Link #330
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I remember making an observation last episode about the danger of Euphemia the kind face being used to kill the 11's will to fight and then leading them into a secret trap forever securing real power for Britannia. I don't think this is a secret anymore though, so I was only about a quarter right about the trap thing, because it will only cause people to revolt now.
That's going to be quite the irony here, because that's probably what Lelouch wanted: Opposition to Britannia. He didn't want it to go the way it happened, though, because having to put the life of someone dear to him probably isn't part of his plans, so 'Meh' to all the theories about him using Euphie and/or Suzaku up to that extent of having to kill them once their usefulness ended.

@ Seska: Interesting theory, though it is going to be quite inexplicable even with assumptions. How are they going to affect him? Through the theory of radio waves, perhaps?

However this catastrophe ends, it has already turned into a tragedy. I wonder what the Emperor is truly thinking, though. Apparently we are only shown glimpses of what he desires (the Geass ruins), but we have no idea what in the nine heavens he thinks of his own empire as compared to those ruins.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:32   Link #331
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
@ Seska: Interesting theory, though it is going to be quite inexplicable even with assumptions. How are they going to affect him? Through the theory of radio waves, perhaps?.
Spoiler:

To prevent spoilers, i hide it. expand to read them.
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 12:40   Link #332
Juvyniled

They were standing above mysterious ruins related to the workings of Geass. What effect did it have is a better question.
Old 2007-03-23, 12:53   Link #333
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska View Post
Spoiler:
It was already (though not fully) that it was someone else's doing.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Erm...dunno if you noticed, but it's G-E-A-S-S. Code Geass certainly ain't a steampunk series where Lelouch is a biomechanic robocop that need oiled gears and other cogs to work.
Spoiler:
And...
Spoiler:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, it's obvious that there is a connection between the two as C.C.'s forehead sigil resonated with Lelouch's evolving Geass. It's possible she might have known whether a Geass activated by her is still functioning or not...although the realization of which might not be as spectacular as her reaction to Lelouch's changing Geass in this episode.

Furthermore and as explained above,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-23, 14:59   Link #334
xcxcxcc

wow just wow im speechless wat a great and sad episode code geass is great who ever wrote this is a genious just last episode euphie was this naive princess but now damn she is crazy. it was and irony that after lulu agreed to help euphie and her special zone or w/e u call it his geass activated

Spoiler:

crazy euphie x live suzaku= crazy subplot and sad ending
ougi i hate u!!!!! u bastard u made crazy love with villetta, orange-kun is going to kill u for sure now
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 16:53   Link #335
sx3
0 Gundam

this was a great episode, i feel kinda bad for lelouch though

Spoiler:
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 16:55   Link #336
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
ougi i hate u!!!!! u bastard u made crazy love with villetta, orange-kun is going to kill u for sure now
On the subject of Ougi and Villetta, I may be one of the few (the only one?) who thinks that it's actually more on the creepy side than sweet romantics. If she regains her memory/personality and still goes for Ougi, I'll say more power to them and I'll gladly support the pairing. As it is now, I feel that Ougi shouldn't have crossed the line, as there's a dependency relationship going on at the moment, where he is the one in power. Let's not forget that he surveilled her and conciously made the decision to keep her away from hospitals and not help her recover her identity. With this he is the only person close to her, while she is in a vulnerable emotional state, which in turn paves a lot of the way for her to fall for him (niceguy personality aside). While I understand his reasoning (she might know about Zero and even pose a danger to Ougi himself), he shouldn't have consented to do the horizontal mambo with her as well, as was implied this episode. So for now I'm in the "Ougi you bastard!" camp.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 17:56   Link #337
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3 View Post
this was a great episode, i feel kinda bad for lelouch though

Spoiler:
ZOMG that reminds me.....
Someone mentioned this on 2ch thread, and I went to check on it too.
That mother with the baby is the same one Suzaku saved in episode 2!

Well, it looks like it anyways. I'll post image in spoiler tag.
Spoiler:

If it is her... yeah, I think Taniguchi is a sadist.

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-23 at 18:21.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 18:02   Link #338
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
That's... terrible and cruel irony.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 18:02   Link #339
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
that just takes the cake.

especially after Lelouch taking Clovis hostage saved her from being mowed down by gunfire back in 2.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 19:54   Link #340
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
I find my opinions mirror Ashlay's. ^^;;; This episode was great for how tragic it was. I just wanna see it subbed now, 'cause I don't talk no Japan speak...

...Oh, and just for the recrod, Euphie + assault rifle = teh win
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote