AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-29, 21:38   Link #41
X207
Gamyūsa

ep4 10/10

simple as that. great plot and great performances, i do wish they'd show Iron Frill's song but you dont get everything. we did get some zombie gags with dislocating her arm to give a nice encore. that was more of a heavy rock/Jrock song than metal but i see why Ta is legendary LOL. in his haste to show passion, he forgot to give more direct instructions and he lost a guitar. i guess that means Franchouchou is done for now as his eternal partner is dead...
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 08:16   Link #42
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't know if it's just me, but there were some serious yuri undertones here.
I think it's meant to be interpreted however the viewers want, and that these undertones are intentionally added for that reason. I noticed since season 1 that Ai and Junko seem to gravitate towards each other more than anyone else in the group.

I'm hoping we get more episodes featuring the others more. There's way too many unfinished plotlines from the first season, including Kotaro's real identity and that reporter figuring out who they are. Lily's father and Reiko are probably aware something weird is going on, even though they've kept it to themselves.

In addition, we still known nothing about Tae, and little about Yugiri.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-30, 21:51   Link #43
X207
Gamyūsa

I don't think those 2 are yuri, it's more how well Ai got so far in a group while Junko went far solo. Junko wants to get as good as her to not disappoint her. I see it more as artistic rivalry/respect right now. There might be some development later but I don't see any yuri undertones do far. That's how I see it At least.

i dont know if i want to know more about Tae's past if it means she regains her memories. she seems like a very caring girl that might be a bit weird at times (might lack some common sense/airhead). if she ever does get her background revealed and memories/wake up i hope her antics dont end and show up occasionally.

Last edited by X207; 2021-04-30 at 22:02.
Old 2021-05-06, 17:00   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Pretty boring episode this time.
Old 2021-05-06, 17:29   Link #45
akumaten

I liked today's episode. Oozora Light is an interesting foil for Lily.
Also Takayama Minami is always awesome.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 20:39   Link #46
X207
Gamyūsa

not the best episode given my huge aversion to TV talent shows but it was enjoyable to watch for the most part outside of the other talent performances. it does mirror Lily's and what could have been but didnt happen.

the opening group meeting was a very nice twist on the usual and i think Koutaro might've done the mudkip on purpose...

a recent thought came to me when listening to So what im a Spider? first ending and Mezame returner. somehow Kumoko finds a way into the lyrics of Mezame Returner...LOL ie the time Kumoko starts singing enka style then enter Mezame returner
Old 2021-05-06, 20:51   Link #47
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Lily takes the lead on this one but at less Lily is a quick thinker and act fast

Poor Koutarou just made an idiot out of him self again
Old 2021-05-06, 20:51   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, pretty impressed at Detective Conan's singing.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-06, 23:04   Link #49
Wandering Soul

Kotaro really didn't get to have things his way this episode. First Lily steals his lecture, then his mud fish impression gets predictably booed. I'm assuming the latter was done on purpose to make things easier for Lily at least.
Old 2021-05-07, 20:06   Link #50
grecefar

lily song was catchy and she started a trend with kids, that is a big win.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-08, 22:48   Link #51
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
I don't think those 2 are yuri, it's more how well Ai got so far in a group while Junko went far solo. Junko wants to get as good as her to not disappoint her. I see it more as artistic rivalry/respect right now. There might be some development later but I don't see any yuri undertones do far. That's how I see it At least.

i dont know if i want to know more about Tae's past if it means she regains her memories. she seems like a very caring girl that might be a bit weird at times (might lack some common sense/airhead). if she ever does get her background revealed and memories/wake up i hope her antics dont end and show up occasionally.
I hope she does awaken, and her personality turns out to be incredibly problematic. Imagine if Tae turned out to be incredibly self-centered, or if she was some kind of dangerous felon. If done correctly, that could be more entertaining than watching her drool and bite.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 01:04   Link #52
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
I hope she does awaken, and her personality turns out to be incredibly problematic. Imagine if Tae turned out to be incredibly self-centered, or if she was some kind of dangerous felon. If done correctly, that could be more entertaining than watching her drool and bite.
A kind yet problematic personality would be fine with me. She's had a few good jokes about trying or biting things so she shouldn't be biting. If she turns out kind and easy going then I'd be disappointed. Maybe an hardheaded personality to do crazy things once in a while. If anything she would be attentive or considerate of others feelings, she's already shown that side before. Maybe a crazy irrational air head with limited common sense would fit her personality. Kana from Minami-ke comes to mind but add some crazy ideas that she actually tries to do which force the other zombies to stop her. It's like those stupid "challenges" those idiots on social media try for views, i can see Tae try eating a tide pod or some inedible item when she wakes up.

Chasing a person in a chicken suit and going half a kilometer in a rope swing was rather entertaining I'd say...
Old 2021-05-13, 17:03   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know the show has always been ridiculous, but I'm not sure what to think of Tae paying off the entire debt just like that. I thought it was supposed to be an important plot point.

Was fun episode. Tae is a bit smarter than I thought. The journalist's storyline progressed too.
Old 2021-05-13, 20:56   Link #54
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So that is why Tae is so legendary she got awesome lucky
Old 2021-05-13, 21:40   Link #55
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
A whole episode of Tae being herself?! Yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So that is why Tae is so legendary she got awesome lucky
I wonder if those graves were important. One of them read Yamada Family Ancestral Grave, and I believe Tae's last name is Yamada, but the other said Minamoto Family Grave. Not sure if that's supposed to be a hint to something or the second grave doesn't matter.
Old 2021-05-13, 21:45   Link #56
X207
Gamyūsa

those 2 grave stones are interesting to say the least, it might be a clue to Ta's past. im surprised most people see her grunting noises and dont think much of it. perhaps they think she is one of those "differently abled" people, for the lack of using a word/term that might trigger people these days... looks like his investigation is going to move forward a bit and seeing her head and hearing their names said.

ep7 preview looks interesting too.
Old 2021-05-13, 21:48   Link #57
Wandering Soul

And just like that, the debt has been paid off. I thought that plot line would go on a bit longer, but it seems that's not the case.

Looks like the journalist is finally on to them, so a new problem has already arisen.
Old 2021-05-13, 21:55   Link #58
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I wonder if those graves were important. One of them read Yamada Family Ancestral Grave, and I believe Tae's last name is Yamada, but the other said Minamoto Family Grave. Not sure if that's supposed to be a hint to something or the second grave doesn't matter.
Isn't minamoto the last name of sakura?, maybe they are related in some way, who knows?

Tae became a god in this chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-13, 23:34   Link #59
Random14

Yeah, those gravestones were the most intriguing part of the episode. As it looks like that's her family, its probably not disrespectful for Tae to eat the food that's left out (maybe?). Sakura's family name being right next to it raises more questions. Tae and Sakura were always the ones that stood out among the group (not being former entertainers or local figure).

I'm surprised by how many cameos there were (from the regulars like that cop and Maria to even the rapping boys, that traumatized lady, the dancing seniors and Cocco-kun). That and all the focus on Tae made for a pretty fun episode. I'm glad they finished up that debt plot line, I was afraid it might eventually lead up to one of those "we have to make x amount of money right now or we're out of business!" episodes. Though given that picture that reporter got, they'll probably have other bigger problems soon.

Tae's always been legendary, and it was great to see just why she has so many fans in Saga too.

Last edited by Random14; 2021-05-13 at 23:45.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 07:59   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Isn't minamoto the last name of sakura?, maybe they are related in some way, who knows?

Tae became a god in this chapter.
Yes, it is. Knowing this show, they might reveal Kotaro initially dug up the wrong grave because he was wearing his sunglasses at night and couldn't see shit.

Tags
horror comedy, zombie idols?