Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-22, 09:35   Link #241
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Oh look, the toys can pull off the new combination, more or less:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Thank goodness for toy accuracy .
Old 2021-05-22, 13:43   Link #242
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So, I didn't notice during the episode, but is the handle for the Dynamic Canon Dyna Soldier's penis? Is that why the video is age-restricted?
No. The handle is the tail.
Old 2021-05-28, 09:42   Link #243
Frontier

They've been alluding to it for a while now, but we finally get a glimpse at what Chise's school experience was like...and it didn't look fun. It seemed like she might not have been outright bullied, as far as we can see, but she was definitely isolated and utterly alone in school, and she expressed herself through her art. And maybe gave herself a tattoo? That's what's she's covering up? And then she starts feeling isolated from the Dynazenon Team .

But then her Kaiju awakens and turns everything around. Goldburn is a mecha dragon like Kaiju, fitting for what turns out to be a support Kaiju for Dynazenon and Gridknight (just like Dyna Dragon was for Gridman), and he answers to Chise's heart so he fights for justice and protects her friends like she wants. Have to say, that turned out a lot better than I was expecting. Plus it finally gives Chise a place with the team, which is great .

Yume asked Yomogi to go to the festival with her! She also kind of seemed bummed about him inviting the rest of the team to go. Even her best friend thinks Yomogi is practically her boyfriend at this point .

Kano's old boyfriend shows up and tells the pair that, while he didn't see Kano getting bullied (not that it confirms she wasn't), he didn't think of her as the type who would kill herself. Which, I guess considering she might've been more open with him than she was with her own family given what we know, we might be able to take at face-value. But that doesn't really satisfy Yume and her grief over what happened with her sister and how, accident or otherwise, no one was able to save her. And the poor girl emotionally breaks down .

I love how Yomogi prioritizes the Kaiju for once and then Gauma shoots him in the face to get his act together to go after his goals. Gauma is a real bro and understands how you don't just abandon your woman when she's in need .

Yume is feeling like there was no point to her life or the fight with the Kaiju, but it let her really get to know Yomogi and find a group of friends she can rely on. When meet a guy who will tackle a dragon mecha to save you, you've made a good life choice .

With Goldburn in tow, it's time for them to finally all combine into Super Dragon King Kaiser Gridknight! And everything about it is epic! The transformation sequence, it's design, it's utter power, even it's energy cape! It is the perfect combined final form for Dynazenon, Goldburn, and Gridknight .

Well, now the Eugenecists are in a bit of a bind. The heroes are at their strongest and it seems like they're running out of Kaiju to use. I wonder what's their next move ?

I love how the team all come together and run to the festival, with Anti and Second in tow, and even missing the festival they still have fun with fireworks .

Yume sure had the best reason for going home when she comes back looking stunning in a yukata, and it sure left an impact on Yomogi. Watching them make fireworks together was really sweet. Heck, even Anti and Second are doing it together, which is also really cute .
Old 2021-05-28, 09:59   Link #244
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

I love how silly the Dyna Cannon is just connected to the shoulder via Gridknight's actual hand gripping the handle.
And the Eugenecists reaction to Kaiser Gridknight has the same vibe as Akane's when Full Powered Gridman debuted
Old 2021-05-28, 10:01   Link #245
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That Gridknight.....That Anosilus-chan's smile...OMG
Old 2021-05-28, 10:41   Link #246
zztop

Swimsuit Mujina, from Megami magazine.
https://imgur.com/8qSidAA
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-28, 10:52   Link #247
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Swimsuit Mujina, from Megami magazine.
https://imgur.com/8qSidAA
And showering herself off! A triple threat of absolute beauty .
Old 2021-05-28, 11:06   Link #248
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And showering herself off! A triple threat of absolute beauty .
You might also like this Pixiv fanart of swimsuit Mujina and Yume as well.
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/89807870
Old 2021-05-28, 11:08   Link #249
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a fine episode .

Actually caught me positively by surprise that Goldburn ended up being such a helpful element. Of course there's still the chance that the enemy does find a way to get control over him and that creates all sorts of chaos. But for the time being things are looking great. And they did at least cover the aspect of them trying to take control and being rejected so that covers that side of things. The only issue is that Goldburn is clearly tied to Chise's emotions and if she loses control over herself then he might do something terrible. Almost did with him dive bombing towards her school.

Obviously huge progress as well with Yume and Yomogi. Obvious stuff like her not denying a connection with Yomogi when pushed by her friend. But also him charging in to 'save her' and Chise making some good points. Yume can get a bit lost in what she's lost and not grasp what she's gained and what she still has. The case might be there for Chise herself in some ways, but definitely the case with Yume. She's got someone that really cares about her and has supported her through all this.

The super combo was pretty awesome. This kaiju probably didn't require that, but it was great. Hopefully by the end of the show they can still use this kind of combo and aren't lacking anyone...
Quote:
You might also like this Pixiv fanart of swimsuit Mujina and Yume as well.
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/89807870
Now that's what I call a win/win image .
Old 2021-05-28, 11:18   Link #250
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That was a fine episode .

Of course there's still the chance that the enemy does find a way to get control over him and that creates all sorts of chaos.
Dynazenon still has 3 more episodes to play with, esp. if you include the still unanswered mysteries of what exactly Gauma and the eugenists are, the eugenists' exact endgame, and how one awakens kaiju-user powers.

And also remember how Gridman's Ep 10 had shit hit the fan by Akane finally snapping and stabbing Yuta. Things can still happen.
Old 2021-05-28, 11:26   Link #251
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Yep. Good episode. Now… we need a final boss. The eugenists goal of destroying all of humanity (aka this particular world?) might work…
Old 2021-05-28, 11:43   Link #252
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Dynazenon still has 3 more episodes to play with, esp. if you include the still unanswered mysteries of what exactly Gauma and the eugenists are, the eugenists' exact endgame, and how one awakens kaiju-user powers.

And also remember how Gridman's Ep 10 had shit hit the fan by Akane finally snapping and stabbing Yuta. Things can still happen.
There is plenty of potential and ways things can go badly. Still haven’t fully tackled Yomogi’s issues with his mother and her boyfriend, depending on the truth about the Princess Gauma is focused on he could fall apart, Yomogi’s kaiju control, Chise losing control of herself, etc. Only question is how much happens and how bad it gets.
Old 2021-05-28, 11:54   Link #253
zztop

Japanese dessert buffet outlet Sweets Paradise is doing a Dynazenon collaboration: https://twitter.com/SP_collabo/statu...63209087365120

Fanart of the collaboration:
https://twitter.com/yumi_yunta/statu...31682738196480
https://twitter.com/tenten_rakugaki/...13721239867395

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
There is plenty of potential and ways things can go badly. Still haven’t fully tackled Yomogi’s issues with his mother and her boyfriend, depending on the truth about the Princess Gauma is focused on he could fall apart, Yomogi’s kaiju control, Chise losing control of herself, etc. Only question is how much happens and how bad it gets.
Closest we got so far as to Yomogi's family issues was in voice drama 2.2; and Gauma fell asleep just as Yomogi was pouring out his heart to him.
Old 2021-05-28, 12:38   Link #254
akumaten

A new ally, a new form and a new resolve!
This episode was awesome.
I've been waiting for a long time for an updated Phormo/King Gridmman form! Put a tear in my eye.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-28, 12:55   Link #255
zztop

I've seen some comments on JP Twitter saying that Juuga's appearance might be based on Masayoshi Oishi, the singer who does the OP song for Dynazenon (and Gridman). https://media.vgm.io/artists/64/1634...1574747097.png

The hair and glasses do look about the same. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ul...20210408070557
Old 2021-05-28, 13:13   Link #256
Blaat

So much for Chise cutting herself. Although I'm aware tattoos are a massive taboo due to association with yakuza.

Really love the look and gattai of Dynazenon, Gridknight and Goldburn, shame that's such a rarity in anime these days.
Old 2021-05-28, 16:40   Link #257
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, looks like they answered my prayers :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
As for the main human protags, they are all developing nicely although, in Chise's case, her development might go towards the negative direction but I really hope not. She seems sweet.
But I totally forgot that tattoo is also a big deal for Japanese teenage highschoolers that Chise need to cover it up.

And Kaiser Gridknight is this show's answer to King Gridman huh? Sweet. To think that Gridknight is doing a contortionist pose inside the mecha made me giggle. You can see his legs on Kaiser Gridknight's back

Also, watching how Yume almost died reaching for the falling ankhs, did the show just described to us how Kano died by accident? She was found dead holding the ankhs too. Hmm.....

The festival ending is real nice, but I really hope it doesn't signify that it will be their last time having fun together.....
Old 2021-05-28, 16:48   Link #258
Frontier

Quote:
I've seen some comments on JP Twitter saying that Juuga's appearance might be based on Masayoshi Oishi, the singer who does the OP song for Dynazenon (and Gridman). https://media.vgm.io/artists/64/1634...1574747097.png

The hair and glasses do look about the same. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/ul...20210408070557
I wonder if that's why he's the "face" of the Eugenecists...although arguably that's also Sizumu .
Old 2021-05-28, 18:31   Link #259
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yomogi has been chasing after Yume the entire show, and when she asks him out he becomes super dense and goes "okay, I'll invite everyone else too!"

Glad Chise didn't go to the dark side. Since Kaijus grow from people's feelings and she's been wanting to be part of the team and help the others all this time, Goldburn turned out to be a support mecha kaiju. I wonder where he's going to live. He apparently can't shrink himself, despite shrinking and enlarging objects being the first abilities he displayed.

The gattai was really great. The holo cape is particularly cool. Looking forward to how the Eugenicists will turn the tables, because they're hopelessly outmatched.
Old 2021-05-28, 19:35   Link #260
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Hair down Chise looks very punk rock... needs more tats and some piercings as well.

Eugenicists are due for a power up next episode... I'm guessing the reincarnated 5000 year old love interest joins them.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, tokusatsu