AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-16, 17:23   Link #961
GDB

Great episode. Only thing I wish they did better was show why so many waited to go in as long as they did.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 17:28   Link #962
TURI123456

Only I think that Serie is the one that controls the clones? I mean she is the most logical one to be the one that controls them and I think she waits in the end of the dungeon.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 18:24   Link #963
Wandering Soul

Denken really would be a shoe in for winning this exam if it weren't for Frieren, both regular Frieren and Stone Replica Frieren.
Old 2024-02-16, 19:24   Link #964
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't catch the Urusei Yatsura reference in the manga, it's a lot easier when you can actually hear the line spoken in Japanese. It made the scene with the mimic even funnier. As someone who plays FGO where SSRs only have a 0.8% chance of showing up, I can't blame her for wanting to bet on that 1% chance the chest isn't a mimic.

The fight against the Laufen clone was cool. Teaming up was definitely the right idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURI123456 View Post
Only I think that Serie is the one that controls the clones? I mean she is the most logical one to be the one that controls them and I think she waits in the end of the dungeon.
That would mean she spends her entire time there, since the dungeon has never been cleared and it's because it creates identical clones of the ones inside it. The gargoyles and the traps weren't too big a problem; if it was just them usually, it wouldn't be considered impossible to clear it. Needless to say, there's no way Serie lives there now that she's a public figure. Dungeons in fantasy anime often spawns monsters on their own, it shouldn't be any different here.
Old 2024-02-16, 20:03   Link #965
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't catch the Urusei Yatsura reference in the manga, it's a lot easier when you can actually hear the line spoken in Japanese. It made the scene with the mimic even funnier. As someone who plays FGO where SSRs only have a 0.8% chance of showing up, I can't blame her for wanting to bet on that 1% chance the chest isn't a mimic.

The fight against the Laufen clone was cool. Teaming up was definitely the right idea.

That would mean she spends her entire time there, since the dungeon has never been cleared and it's because it creates identical clones of the ones inside it. The gargoyles and the traps weren't too big a problem; if it was just them usually, it wouldn't be considered impossible to clear it. Needless to say, there's no way Serie lives there now that she's a public figure. Dungeons in fantasy anime often spawns monsters on their own, it shouldn't be any different here.
Eh? As far as I remember SSR chance always was 1%. With rate-ups having 70% chance of appearing if you role SSR. And 4% chance of SR with 50% for rate-ups.

As for episode itself, I do hope someone else will pass this part besides Frieren and FErn as there is also a third challange ahead.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 21:34   Link #966
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Denken really would be a shoe in for winning this exam if it weren't for Frieren, both regular Frieren and Stone Replica Frieren.
Not necessarily, because Sense's clone probably would've been there even if Frieren's wasn't. She went inside along with them, so she would count too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 21:48   Link #967
AC-Phoenix
Detective

"At least there are no idiots who will fall for easy traps like mimics"

I knew Frieren would fall for one during the test, but I didn't expect them to use Family guy styled cutaway jokes for it...

I loved Sense's "This girl helped defeating the demon lord?!!" look

I would have liked it more if Frieren and Fern had gone with Denken.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 22:17   Link #968
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol Himmel is a completionist in JRPG.. love it

And that is a perfect raid boss right there
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 22:50   Link #969
Thor's Hammer

I take it that Denken and his group took the dungeon's main route, which is why they ran into the Frieren replica. It was stated by someone in the episode that they're perfect replicas, and if that is true, the replicas should have the same mana pools as the original, so Serie is the only one who could have made the replicas assuming that it was a person who made the replicas since there are probably aren't many people who could make a replica of Frieren aside from Serie, who is an even older mage, and thus has more mana. I'm convinced that Denken's group will beat the Frieren replica as I don't believe that the story will allow the most sympathetic of the characters introduced this arc to lose, so if nothing else, Denken should get to the end of the labyrinth even if some of his crew don't make it past the Frieren replica.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 23:15   Link #970
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I take it that Denken and his group took the dungeon's main route, which is why they ran into the Frieren replica. It was stated by someone in the episode that they're perfect replicas, and if that is true, the replicas should have the same mana pools as the original, so Serie is the only one who could have made the replicas assuming that it was a person who made the replicas since there are probably aren't many people who could make a replica of Frieren aside from Serie, who is an even older mage, and thus has more mana. I'm convinced that Denken's group will beat the Frieren replica as I don't believe that the story will allow the most sympathetic of the characters introduced this arc to lose, so if nothing else, Denken should get to the end of the labyrinth even if some of his crew don't make it past the Frieren replica.
Fun thing is:
It only said ancient King's tomb. It never said that that it would be an ancient Human king...
My personal theory is that it's a demon King's tomb. As for why: For just a few frames there is a purple miasma. Purple miasma is usually used for demonic aura in anime.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2024-02-16, 23:37   Link #971
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Fun thing is:
It only said ancient King's tomb. It never said that that it would be an ancient Human king...
My personal theory is that it's a demon King's tomb. As for why: For just a few frames there is a purple miasma. Purple miasma is usually used for demonic aura in anime.
But demons turn to nothingness when they die, or at least, that's what we've seen happen when they die in combat. How can a demon have a tomb?
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-16, 23:56   Link #972
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
But demons turn to nothingness when they die, or at least, that's what we've seen happen when they die in combat. How can a demon have a tomb?
Symbolic, might not even be dead, might not apply to the demon lord.
Maybe their essence remains, who knows. Not even Frieren knows everything about them.
Also good point: The doppelgängers too vanish in a similar fashion...

Old 2024-02-17, 00:25   Link #973
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Not every casket has a body, not every tomb has a corpse. Also, a tomb can be an underground enclosure or it can also be a simple monument.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 05:16   Link #974
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 23:

Fern pulling session. The sound Frieren make while being pulled from the mimic, feels like someone who is getting tortured. Sense looks shocked at what's happening in front of her. LOL
anyway, it's impressive how Frieren knew Sense was about to step on a trap... even if Sense was walking behind them.

oh, and noticed that Richter has a more cheerful atmosphere. Less grumpy, and he actually smiles now. Maybe he has learned to trust Denken and Laufen.
unfortunately, it seems Lawinne and Kanne still remember the time Richter tried to kill them during the first test. So the situation still feels a bit awkward. Would have been better if the two of them had just joined Denken's big party.

Laufen is good at fighting. Why did she not fight Frieren in the first test? Just allowed the elf to tie her to a tree..

anyway, looking forward to next week!
I like this anime so much.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 07:20   Link #975
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Eh? As far as I remember SSR chance always was 1%. With rate-ups having 70% chance of appearing if you role SSR. And 4% chance of SR with 50% for rate-ups.
I don't think we're talking about the same game. It's definitely 0.8% for SSRs on rate-up. FGO is notoriously famous for how hard it is to get SSRs.
Old 2024-02-17, 07:40   Link #976
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't think we're talking about the same game. It's definitely 0.8% for SSRs on rate-up. FGO is notoriously famous for how hard it is to get SSRs.
I play FGO since the start. The chances are:

16% for SR CE,
4% for SR Servants
4% for SSR CE,
1% for SSR Servants

It was always this way and I do not remember them changing it.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 08:15   Link #977
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
oh, and noticed that Richter has a more cheerful atmosphere. Less grumpy, and he actually smiles now. Maybe he has learned to trust Denken and Laufen.
unfortunately, it seems Lawinne and Kanne still remember the time Richter tried to kill them during the first test. So the situation still feels a bit awkward. Would have been better if the two of them had just joined Denken's big party.
The way its been set up, typically in textbook fashion, those two will eventually cross with Denken party and Richter will end up saving them(or at least one of them).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 09:14   Link #978
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The way its been set up, typically in textbook fashion, those two will eventually cross with Denken party and Richter will end up saving them(or at least one of them).
I'm anime only. Is this a manga spoiler?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 09:19   Link #979
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm anime only. Is this a manga spoiler?
It isn't. /tenchar
Old 2024-02-17, 10:40   Link #980
Decel

As mentioned before, I also think that Himmel & Co. grinding dungeons ultimately helped them defeat the Demon King.

Seeing Sense's hair hand out the bottles was

I can see why Frieren, who typically has Denken's mindset, would want to venture alone (with Fern): her approach to explore the whole floors would probably piss off potential companions wanting to be done with the test sooner than later. Sense questioning her choice was a good one.

For dungeon crawlers mimics are a threat. For Frieren it's a risk of unexpected hairdoo makeovers.

I like how the story lead the observer to think that whoever trapped Ehre would logically be Ubel (she doesn't mind killing mages, probably copied the spell, would have an axe to grind against Wirbel, etc.). The clone reveal was well played.

That cliffhanger was good! I feel bad for Denken's group for facing probably the hardest clone, but they're somewhat prepared with prior experience and group size. If they win (I don't have better odds than 50-50, story-wise I think both outcomes are probable), it would be quite an achievement to be proud of.

I think that whoever, if it's not real Fern-Frieren, pulled the proto-Fern card is/are in a worst situation comparatively speaking.

Also, Sense counts as a clone candidate, no? Frieren-Fern vs proto-Sense?

Tags
adventure, fantasy