AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-21, 21:04   Link #81
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I get it with Tomozaki. That level of inferiority has sunk in so far that even though he's feeling good about how far he's come...there's just a point that he's still not confident over. It just shows the lack of awareness though of how far he has come and the impact that has on others around him. Which allowed the total surprise from Mimimi to land so hard. It's a serious wake-up call.

Of course in that sense I actually liked the chat with Fuka. Because yeah it's partly her searching things out, but it was good for her to get a real response from him. She gets him as much as anyone because of that. Honestly both with that and the selfie part I really am pulling for Fuka even if the story is the type where I could totally see an Aoi ending.

But that's not to say I don't support Mimimi's efforts. I like the jealousy and how she digs so much into any mention of other girls around Tomozaki. Clear as day how she feels and it makes sense that out of anyone she'd be the first to make a move. Which I guess might be the answer to Fuka's story. It may not be about who the main character chooses but rather who steps out into that uncomfortable void first and makes the first move.
Old 2024-02-21, 21:32   Link #82
grecefar

this isn't going to end well for mimimi, I can see it.

to be honest, tomozaki is in a good place now after all his effort and it's not bad he is improving but the instagram task wasn't needed, at least in my point of view. It felt more like a big chore instead of a mean of improvement.

but I guess the filler was needed to keep pushing the choosen girl to date until the festival.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 22:07   Link #83
Thor's Hammer

I believe this episode strongly implied that Mizusawa was one of Aoi's pupils, which is a point I speculated about in an earlier episode this season, with how Fumiya connected what Mizusawa was doing to one of Aoi's previous lessons.

And as I mentioned 2 episodes back, Aoi confirmed with this episode that she took Fumiya under her wing to one-up him 'cause she hates losing and wanted to be proven right. I'm really on a roll here with interpreting the story as that makes it 2 for 2. There's no need to be a novel reader when the show is making it easy to follow the story based on what was presented.

On another note, I found out from another forum that this anime's Crunchyroll translator changed starting with Episode 6, and now the subs are much worse. I was wondering what was up with Episode 6’s subs considering it dropped Aoi’s signature line, and I was told there was a change in translators, with the current one possibly never having watched Jaku Chara as well as being a poor translator who misses crucial context from readily available information from the episode.

He told me the reason Aoi wrote down on the blackboard for his small goal who do you want to get closer to rather than who do you want to date is because she never intended for him to date 2 girls at once. He said the term translated as other girlfriends in this case is very general and can mean anything between 2 people, whether it be a positive relationship or 2 people having enmity for each other. He checked the English light novel translation for the relevant volume to confirm that this is the case.

This bad translator repeated that bad translation (did not have to check with the guy who has a copy of the light novel. It's just obvious based on the fuck-up with Episode 6's subs) in this week's episode by having the blackboard say one thing and Aoi saying another thing. This guy clearly can't even catch clear context clues and jumps to strange conclusions.

Poor Mimimi, there's no way she will beat out Fuuka for Fumiya's affection when the two of them obviously have a thing for each other.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 22:45   Link #84
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I believe this episode strongly implied that Mizusawa was one of Aoi's pupils, which is a point I speculated about in an earlier episode this season, with how Fumiya connected what Mizusawa was doing to one of Aoi's previous lessons.

And as I mentioned 2 episodes back, Aoi confirmed with this episode that she took Fumiya under her wing to one-up him 'cause she hates losing and wanted to be proven right. I'm really on a roll here with interpreting the story as that makes it 2 for 2. There's no need to be a novel reader when the show is making it easy to follow the story based on what was presented.

On another note, I found out from another forum that this anime's Crunchyroll translator changed starting with Episode 6, and now the subs are much worse. I was wondering what was up with Episode 6’s subs considering it dropped Aoi’s signature line, and I was told there was a change in translators, with the current one possibly never having watched Jaku Chara as well as being a poor translator who misses crucial context from readily available information from the episode.

He told me the reason Aoi wrote down on the blackboard for his small goal who do you want to get closer to rather than who do you want to date is because she never intended for him to date 2 girls at once. He said the term translated as other girlfriends in this case is very general and can mean anything between 2 people, whether it be a positive relationship or 2 people having enmity for each other. He checked the English light novel translation for the relevant volume to confirm that this is the case.

This bad translator repeated that bad translation (did not have to check with the guy who has a copy of the light novel. It's just obvious based on the fuck-up with Episode 6's subs) in this week's episode by having the blackboard say one thing and Aoi saying another thing. This guy clearly can't even catch clear context clues and jumps to strange conclusions.

Poor Mimimi, there's no way she will beat out Fuuka for Fumiya's affection when the two of them obviously have a thing for each other.
By the subs got worse, do you mean that you actually speak Japanese and know the difference, or that you think they got worse?

Would be interesting to know whether another "Let me 'fix' the anime for you" TL was at work again at some point...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-21, 22:49   Link #85
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
By the subs got worse, do you mean that you actually speak Japanese and know the difference, or that you think they got worse?

Would be interesting to know whether another "Let me 'fix' the anime for you" TL was at work again at some point...
Someone who knows Japanese and was a former professional translator told me that the subs are worse now. And having been told about the messed-up translation in Episode 6, I can tell that the translation was also inadequate in Episode 8 for at least a small portion of the episode since the new translator doubled down on his/her mistake.
Old 2024-02-28, 10:38   Link #86
Frontier

Tomozaki is still reeling from Mimimi's confession and isn't quite sure if he can even believe it happened...though, honestly, if I needed relationship advice, I would totally turn to Mizusawa before Hinami .

In fact Mizusawa is already aware of what Tomozaki has going on with Fuka, and it didn't take him long to realize Mimimi was the girl that confessed to him, but he's also tired of Tomozaki continually putting himself down and underselling himself. It's a discredit to himself and to the people who care about him. And with that in mind, Tomozaki is finally able to accept that Mimimi likes him .

Is Hinami really the person to ask about what it means to love and date someone? She can only state practical facts and treat it like a game, complete with creating a route strategy guide for Mimimi and Fuka and making confession the endgoal...but Tomozaki doesn't want to confess to a girl because of some mandated goal, but because he genuinely wants to do it. The process, and the proceeding result, is how Nanashi plays .

But dang, imagining Mimimi and Fuka in his room and sitting on his bed and holding his head...it's the stuff dreams are made of .

Things are definitely awkward with Mimimi post-confession, and people can tell that much, though what's equally going to be awkward is Tomozaki having to fulfill all the "quests" Hinami has given him with each girl. I mean, talking about their ideal dating partner is one thing, but touching hands !?

So Fuka's romantic ideal is to find that irreplaceable person you can't live without and forging a relationship through that. Sounds about right for her .

Well, Mimimi wants things to go back to normal with Tomozaki without him forgetting her confession...which isn't easy. Especially when their friends start needling them and throwing it in her face that Tomozaki might be getting lucky with other girls. Even Tama can tell something is up. Though I wonder how Hinami would react if she found out Mimimi confessed first ?

I didn't expect a fantasy love triangle story between a keymaker, the princess he's childhood friends with (and whom saves his life by claiming she's his half-brother), and a girl who takes care of dragons, but Fuka sure writes some interesting stories! And Tomozaki doesn't want her to dumb it down for the stage just like he can't dumb down how important his relationship status and choosing between Mimimi and Fuka is .
Old 2024-02-28, 20:51   Link #87
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Someone who knows Japanese and was a former professional translator told me that the subs are worse now. And having been told about the messed-up translation in Episode 6, I can tell that the translation was also inadequate in Episode 8 for at least a small portion of the episode since the new translator doubled down on his/her mistake.
After what I've just heard on YT, it could be A.I. translated.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2024-02-28, 21:17   Link #88
grecefar

aoi really gets mad when nanashi goes against her views... that's not good.

things are flowing better with kikuchi than with mimimi. Kind of boring chapter with all that talk about the play and kikuchi stories.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-28, 23:07   Link #89
Thor's Hammer

I know viewers were definitely meant to take Fumiya's side given the show repeated the still of Aoi's sketchy eye, which is show her when she is at her most unsavoury. Aoi's attempt to drag "Nanashi" into it to try to get her point across was very infuriating when she doesn't really understand who Fumiya is at his core.

This is one reason why I believe Fumiya will probably end up with Fuuka at the end of the story given that Aoi might be unfixable as a sociopath since the show never attempts to hide when Aoi is in the wrong. We're meant to see that Fumiya's more organic approach is the better way to live life than Aoi treating everyone as a tool.
Old 2024-02-28, 23:26   Link #90
Frontier

Quote:
I know viewers were definitely meant to take Fumiya's side given the show repeated the still of Aoi's sketchy eye, which is show her when she is at her most unsavoury. Aoi's attempt to drag "Nanashi" into it to try to get her point across was very infuriating when she doesn't really understand who Fumiya is at his core.

This is one reason why I believe Fumiya will probably end up with Fuuka at the end of the story given that Aoi might be unfixable as a sociopath since the show never attempts to hide when Aoi is in the wrong. We're meant to see that Fumiya's more organic approach is the better way to live life than Aoi treating everyone as a tool.
Mizusawa gives better relationship advice than Hinami.
Old 2024-02-28, 23:36   Link #91
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Mizusawa gives better relationship advice than Hinami.
Well, yeah, obviously. Even with all the hints through these 2 seasons of Mizusawa being a former pupil of Aoi, it is clear he is not a sociopath like Aoi is. Aoi sees everybody else in the world as tool for her to use whereas Mizusawa generally treats people he knows as human beings.
Old 2024-02-29, 00:31   Link #92
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's definitely an interesting moment that they've reached here. And good on Mizusawa for being such a helpful guy. Some things are tough to hear, but need to be heard. And pointing out Tomozaki's bad habit is the only way he'd really acknowledge it. Not easy to hear, but important to hear. Because it does put things into context. And I get it. Mizusawa isn't talking in general. He is one of the people that does care about Tomozaki and doesn't want to see him put himself down as a defense mechanism.

The added presence of Mizusawa in combination with Aoi is pushing Tomozaki forward in a more balanced way. It is true that he can't really just count on Aoi's side of it because her flaws are increasingly clear. But he wouldn't have gotten this far without her either.

The really interesting thing is where this all goes. Mimimi is the type that tends to get the short straw in this type of story. She's made a move, but hasn't gotten that much further forward yet. She's a great example of the standard for Tomozaki to consider. She was the one most concerned when seeing him close to Fuuka and hearing about him going to that festival at the all-girl's school. She's providing up close examples of that classic worry/jealousy and even confessed even if she was a bit shaky. I think they would be fun to have end up together.

But Fuuka feels like the more likely contender. Even if she was the one that Aoi pointed to early on, she does make a lot of sense. Aoi has a lot of problems, but..she doesn't have a bad eye. She may treat life like a game she's playing to win, but for that reason she sees the pieces on the board pretty well. Fuuka and Fumiya get along really well, she's someone he can lean on in a different way than Aoi or Mizusawa. And she seems on board for the kind of slower pace that might fit someone a bit awkward like Tomozaki.

There's a few episodes left and I'm curious to see where this ends up going. And honestly, if the season was more of this sort of stuff I'd be rating it way higher. That bullying arc was exhausting.
Old 2024-02-29, 07:06   Link #93
Chosen_Hero

The writers self insert vs the bubbly outgoing girl that happened to fall for him against all odds... gee, I wonder who the favorite to win is.

At least he stated that he would only confess if he truly meant it and not because it's some assignment he needs to fulfill.
Old 2024-02-29, 10:34   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:
Well, yeah, obviously. Even with all the hints through these 2 seasons of Mizusawa being a former pupil of Aoi, it is clear he is not a sociopath like Aoi is. Aoi sees everybody else in the world as tool for her to use whereas Mizusawa generally treats people he knows as human beings.
I don't think it would really make sense for their relationship if Mizusawa was any kind of direct pupil of Hinami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
The writers self insert vs the bubbly outgoing girl that happened to fall for him against all odds... gee, I wonder who the favorite to win is.

At least he stated that he would only confess if he truly meant it and not because it's some assignment he needs to fulfill.
The amount of times the outgoing and aggressive girls lose to the more shy, passive, ones...not to mention Mimimi's blue hair .
Old 2024-02-29, 13:22   Link #95
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
The amount of times the outgoing and aggressive girls lose to the more shy, passive, ones...not to mention Mimimi's blue hair .
Sadly, girls like Mimimi exist to suffer, the only thing worse for her would have been if she was the childhood friend.
Old 2024-02-29, 14:16   Link #96
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Sadly, girls like Mimimi exist to suffer, the only thing worse for her would have been if she was the childhood friend.
At least there's the What If series.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 00:59   Link #97
Zolton

Quote:
Muh Yamato Nadeshiko
And it'll all be moot anyway when Aoi wins
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-01, 05:38   Link #98
AC-Phoenix
Detective

[QUOTE=Zolton;6572510]Muh Yamato Nadeshiko
And it'll all be moot anyway when Aoi wins[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, the ones you least expect win.

*Cough* School Days *Cough*
*cough* Kimi ga Nozomu ein *cough*

Old 2024-03-01, 07:33   Link #99
Chosen_Hero

Yeah, I'm dropping this series, I can see where it is going and it's not fun, not going to sit here and watch yet another sweet nice girl be built up and made to fall in love with the MC just for her to lose to either the bland self insert MC has no chemistry with or the first girl who won the second the series began.

I hope y'all keep enjoying yourselves.
Old 2024-03-01, 12:56   Link #100
Frontier

Quote:
Yeah, I'm dropping this series, I can see where it is going and it's not fun, not going to sit here and watch yet another sweet nice girl be built up and made to fall in love with the MC just for her to lose to either the bland self insert MC has no chemistry with or the first girl who won the second the series began.

I hope y'all keep enjoying yourselves.
But Fuuka is sweet and nice too...

I mean, I think Mimimi would be a lot of fun with Tomozaki but I also think it makes sense he'd be more comfortable with Fuuka because their personalities and temperaments are so similar.