Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-18, 14:00   Link #61
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmm.... both sides good points about the argument. I don't know which sub is more accurate, but if I was to simply go by the context of the scene, then I would say that between the two(slave to someone vs slave to Rentt), I'd say slave to someone makes more sense. Would being a slave to Rentt even be a punishment? She does feel indebted to him already. If she did intend on being a slave to him, I think he would have somehow mentioned it during his surprised self-analysis. Also, there shouldn't be any need to leave the country; its a magical contract between the two of them that only the two of them knows, she could just become subservient to him right then and there. Of course, we don't know exactly what entails someone who breaks such a contract, and while we can make conjectures based on other shows, the fine details are unknown, so it could be instant death or a "Death Note-like control over the target", who knows?
Except as she herself pointed out the contract states that she would have to go to another country where slavery is legal, and give herself over as a slave. So, she can't just become subservient to him where they are, the contract states otherwise.
Old 2024-02-18, 16:24   Link #62
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Except as she herself pointed out the contract states that she would have to go to another country where slavery is legal, and give herself over as a slave. So, she can't just become subservient to him where they are, the contract states otherwise.
Exactly. It makes less sense to do all of that if her intention is to simply be his servant, she would have made a contract stating that in some form(not slavery) instead of going who-knows-how far away and selling herself off.

Either way you wish to look at it, to me, contract itself is just not important(even egregious) as the intent behind it; if she betrays him, she will end up in a terrible situation for herself for the rest of her life. What means she uses to do it aren't of too much concern, since she's not a character that will ever break it(though it would be if it was a more untrustworthy char)

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-18, 16:31   Link #63
Tenzen12

I think it's not necessary if she is trustworthy, but if Rentt as he is now can be trusted. It would be terrible situation for her if she signed magical contract and then she found out he is killing and eating people.

Objectively speaking there is no reason give herself on mercy of literal monster.
Old 2024-02-18, 16:54   Link #64
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Hmm.... both sides good points about the argument. I don't know which sub is more accurate, but if I was to simply go by the context of the scene, then I would say that between the two(slave to someone vs slave to Rentt), I'd say slave to someone makes more sense. Would being a slave to Rentt even be a punishment? She does feel indebted to him already. If she did intend on being a slave to him, I think he would have somehow mentioned it during his surprised self-analysis. Also, there shouldn't be any need to leave the country; its a magical contract between the two of them that only the two of them knows, she could just become subservient to him right then and there. Of course, we don't know exactly what entails someone who breaks such a contract, and while we can make conjectures based on other shows, the fine details are unknown, so it could be instant death or a "Death Note-like control over the target", who knows?
I was listening to the original (JP) voices, so I didn't even realize there could be a misinterpretation in the subs. The second translation is better, the first is more literal, but should be "to the other party" not "another party".

I am not sure why there is not just a clause that makes her listen to everything Rent says instead of the roundabout way of going to another country to become a slave, but there might be limitations to the contract. For example, it might be too simple (either you listen to it, or you are dead right away), it might simply be illegal to create slave-like contract (but not contract to become slave elsewhere, such law loopholes are common), or the conditions can only be the ones stated in the contract and thinks like "listen to what XX says" simply don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think it's not necessary if she is trustworthy, but if Rentt as he is now can be trusted. It would be terrible situation for her if she signed magical contract and then she found out he is killing and eating people.

Objectively speaking there is no reason give herself on mercy of literal monster.
Yes, but from the other perspective, there is no reason Rent should tell his secret to a random aquitance and give himself to her mercy too. So the result is that the situation won't change without drastic measures, which she is not content with. She 100% believes in him and wants him to tell her the secret, so she created a situation where she is at his mercy if she betrays him (which she is sure she want).
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-26, 09:19   Link #65
ChaosMaster130
Wanderer

Well, besides Rentt picking up his new sword near the start of the episode and doing some tests with it, It was mostly a filler episode today. No idea if it was anime-original or a misc LN side-story that they decided to animate.

I'm gonna throw a guess out and say they're going to try and end the show around a certain scene as studios tend to do. Time to see if I end up being right or not.
Old 2024-02-26, 11:25   Link #66
Tenzen12

It was side story.
Old 2024-02-26, 18:54   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I kind of expected him not to sign it in the end, but I like it better this way. Firstly he certainly doesn't have the same amount of trust in her as in Loraine and it was a big thing for him to say everything even to her. More importantly, if Sheila tells about him to the authorities Lorraine is almost certain to get executed for it too. After all, bringing a monster into the city and helping it hide is 100% a huge public hazard. It would be irresponsible of him to expose Lorraine to so much hazard when he has a way to prevent it.

In the worst case, she would become Rent's slave (it's in the contract). As long as she trusts him to not misuse it, this isn't much of a risk. Considering that he is sharing a secret that can easily ruin him at her whim, her agreeing to put herself in the same position if she shares it is reasonable.
I can't agree on this one. I think this was a horrible move for the show and really paints Rentt in a terrible light. It shows that he didn't have any trust in Sheila at all. After all, he never once considered telling her anything. Despite having a friend in the guild being a huge asset considering his situation. Sucks for Sheila. But the reality is that she saw their friendship as being a thing when he didn't. She was just a friendly face at the guild...that's it. Was better off taking the hit and just accepting that their friendship didn't exist than putting herself in a severely perilous situation. All for someone that doesn't see her as a being remotely trustworthy.

Frankly the contract makes little sense to transfer ownership to Rentt. Even if another country authorizes slavery, I'm pretty sure they don't authorize it to monsters. Which if she's betrayed him, that's what he'll be publicly be seen as. That's one heck of a progressive slave nation. Not only do they accept ownership transferring to monsters but also people that aren't there since the contract didn't say that Rentt had to go with her . Certainly better than the idea that she'd have to just sell herself into slavery to anyone.

This contract is either an absolutely horrid concept or it makes no sense whatsoever. Either way, better not to have it signed and keep that major issue floating overhead for the remainder of the series! Especially leading into episode 8. A nice move by Rentt for stopping that merchant selling people into slavery. Good thing he doesn't have a contract that would sell someone into slavery . That would be awkward...

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2024-02-26 at 19:05.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-26, 19:56   Link #68
Tenzen12

It paint him in good light though. He would be complete fool if he entrusted his secret to just about anyone who he had small talk with few times. Especially as it's secret that could ruin his life goals be coming platinum ranked adventurer and possibly even get him killed
Old 2024-02-27, 05:58   Link #69
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It paint him in good light though. He would be complete fool if he entrusted his secret to just about anyone who he had small talk with few times. Especially as it's secret that could ruin his life goals be coming platinum ranked adventurer and possibly even get him killed
It paints him as a pragmatist. Nothing else.
Good light would be telling her for the mere fact that she offered him a pre-signed magical contract without actually signing it.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 06:47   Link #70
Tenzen12

I see your point, but I can't agree. Being able trust people is definitely good quality, but not if you don't know time and place for it and I certainly don't think that in this case it was. Telling Sheila is all danger and no benefits worth of taking such risk.

Also being pragmatic is also good quality and being pragmatist ,without taking advantage of people itself, paint him in good light.
Old 2024-02-28, 04:28   Link #71
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
It paints him as a pragmatist. Nothing else.
Good light would be telling her for the mere fact that she offered him a pre-signed magical contract without actually signing it.
If he did that, i would consider him an idiot.
I mean trusting someone is good, but blind-trust is different.
Until now, MC only had a professional relationship with her, so he only ever interacted with her outer/professional personality. How she really is in real life is unknown to him.

Just because she offered to sign the contract doesn't mean that she is a good person.
There are also people who are good, but are blabbermouth as well (aka., they can't keep a secret).

I would say that you shouldn't blindly trust even your spouses or parents, as when things can get muddy is unknown (especially with spouse, as divorce rates are all time high since people can breakup relationship on the most minor of reasons, and suddenly wanting to be independent and solo).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 17:16   Link #72
Huh...?

So, we finish the gathering quest, do some charity and defense work, sell the loot and get a weird nominee quest.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 01:47   Link #73
ChaosMaster130
Wanderer

Oof, a maze with what I think looks like invisible teleporters(Unless it's just supposed to represent a time lapse) Sounds like something you'd encounter in a post-game bonus dungeon in Etrian Odyssey or something

Time to see how long it takes Rentt to get through when next week comes around
Old 2024-03-17, 04:03   Link #74
AC-Phoenix
Detective

And now he got Vampire Blood, I wonder whose it is?

The only viable answer is Lunaria's as she is most certainly a vampire. I bet she put it there on purpose after she saw that he is a ghast.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 22:24   Link #75
Strahan

So I guess he didn't hear her command it to halt? I'd have been like "what, so you're just fucking with me now?" lol. First they amuse themselves by making him deal with the maze, then letting him deal with the golem until maybe she was worried it was gonna take some damage.

Well, if the blood actually powers him up then some irritating manipulation is hardly a high price to pay.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-22, 14:42   Link #76
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

So we end on an evolution... I was slow to pick up this series but ended up enjoying it more than I expected, and Lorraine was one of the season's hidden gems. I'll round it to a 7/10.
Old 2024-03-27, 12:56   Link #77
Strahan

Yep, irritating manipulation was worth it. He's looking much better now. Agree with stray, Lorraine was a great reason to keep watching
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-28, 22:23   Link #78
Alchemist007
*Author

For starting with a dire circumstance, this show actually felt more relaxed, probably due to the pacing. I liked the world exploration aspect, a second season would be welcome.

7/10