AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 10.64%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-28, 02:54   Link #81
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

WOW that sucked. One of the main reasons that i was actually watching this anime was Isara.

The preview is showing Welkin being impassive as always. May she survived? Hope she does .
Old 2009-07-28, 03:07   Link #82
Only_a_Shadow
Kotomi~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
WOW that sucked. One of the main reasons that i was actually watching this anime was Isara.

The preview is showing Welkin being impassive as always. May she survived? Hope she does .
If you look deep in your heart and believe, it just may happen.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-28, 03:24   Link #83
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only_a_Shadow View Post
If you look deep in your heart and believe, it just may happen.

Spoiler:
KOTOMI-CHAN

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-28, 06:04   Link #84
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-28, 06:05   Link #85
SemperMalum

As a big fan of the game, I've found myself actually skipping most of the episodes. Fast forwarding through the scenes, occasional disgust at the entire Faldio/Alicia story they created JUST to create tension and a love triangle.

[spoiler removed by a moderator]

However, onto the discussion about this episode... I'm sad they changed it around, and kind of shocked they went 'Happy' mode with the preview for the next episode, but I can't genuinely wait for the next episode to see if they actually do something right for a change.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-07-28 at 15:15.
Old 2009-07-28, 06:21   Link #86
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
SemperMalum, I agree with you but you should move your post to anime/game comparison thread because spoilers are not allowed in this thread.
Old 2009-07-28, 11:15   Link #87
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh wow...I didn't expect this kind of drama to appear in the end. So Isara dies huh. Maybe this will be the turning point where the anime starts to become better again. Isara was the sacrifice, you won't be forgotten.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-28, 11:27   Link #88
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

lt be something if welkin just said fuck it and decides to resign, he doesn't have the same mindset or drive like game welkin... so after losing his sister he leaves... and alicia has to bring him back >_>;
Old 2009-07-28, 11:50   Link #89
Darknemo2000

Lol we would have Shinji Ikari 2 once again if that happens. In the role if Shinji is the Retard and in the role of Kaji would be Alicia.
Old 2009-07-28, 13:53   Link #90
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Lol we would have Shinji Ikari 2 once again if that happens. In the role if Shinji is the Retard and in the role of Kaji would be Alicia.
Well at least Shinji was still a teen....can't say the same foh stupid anime welkin... isn't he 21-22?

l know Faldio is around 24 and alicia 18....dead lsara 15......rosie 28....hmm, hmm,hmm......
Old 2009-07-28, 14:28   Link #91
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Well at least Shinji was still a teen....can't say the same foh stupid anime welkin... isn't he 21-22?

l know Faldio is around 24 and alicia 18....dead lsara 15......rosie 28....hmm, hmm,hmm......
That and Shinji had pretty F***** up past. But this was that almost every Evangelion characters had. Just Asuka and Shinji were probably the most F***** up from them all.

Welkin does not seem to be even 20% of Shinji in terms of character depth he is basically a retarded emo man that is obsessed with zoology and the stuff but in the end is still a loser. And Shinji though was emo at least was not a retard.
Old 2009-07-28, 15:35   Link #92
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Having not played the game, I'm not sure if the lack of last words is a real drawback. Usually last words are only really worth it when the dying character has some sort of regret or needs to make a confession. Isara has been uniformly the nicest and most well-adjusted character in the entire show, so there's nothing that she has to say that still needs to be voiced. In the anime, the only character who she needs to talk to would be Rosie, and Rosie already knows beyond any need for words.
Maybe, I can still think of a few topics that the writers could use. Haven't watched the ep yet, still waiting on subs, but I can assure you they made effective use of the trope in the game (more char. developement-thoughts, fears, desires) . A shame they cut her dream out-unless of course
Spoiler for Speculation:

I curious to see how they'll use Ramal in this, Kreis transferring was a bit awkward anyway.

Now that I think of it, there really is a lot of focus on a certain trio...people who haven't played the game are probably fairly lost and indifferent to the auxiliary characters.

Needs more Isara bonding moments still hyper from that scene in ep 15
Old 2009-07-28, 16:16   Link #93
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
I curious to see how they'll use Ramal in this, Kreis transferring was a bit awkward anyway.

Now that I think of it, there really is a lot of focus on a certain trio...people who haven't played the game are probably fairly lost and indifferent to the auxiliary characters.
I didn't think Kreis becoming the driver was awkward. In fact it was really the only logical choice without introducing some random no-name.

But you're correct on the second part; there has been very, very little on the other characters. Ramal is a distant 4th at this point with Rosie probably being close in 5th.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-28, 19:25   Link #94
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well damn I knew this was coming and it still sucked to watch it happen.

Anyways I really did get behind Isara's character as things went along and she definitely saved the day with those smokebombs. But I guess surviving doesn't really link up to your contributions.....

This just reminds me how depressed I was when it happened in the game. Maybe things will be different and she survived, but that's probably as likely as me getting hit by lightning while in the basement.
Old 2009-07-28, 19:35   Link #95
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
As an aside, it's interesting that for the anime they actually put the smoke bombs in a launcher that looked like a large, crude version of modern smoke launchers on tanks.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-07-28, 20:10   Link #96
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I didn't think Kreis becoming the driver was awkward. In fact it was really the only logical choice without introducing some random no-name.

But you're correct on the second part; there has been very, very little on the other characters. Ramal is a distant 4th at this point with Rosie probably being close in 5th.
For the record he does do a lot of chauffeuring throughout the series. Maybe they were actually foreshadowing
Old 2009-07-28, 23:23   Link #97
mpt37

Isara's death was like a recycled version of what happened in episode 14 to Alicia, except Alicia didn't die.

-it appears that all the enemies have been defeated so Squad 7 moves forward
-a half dead sniper rises up and takes aim at an unsuspecting Alicia/Isara
-the camera switches to the sniper scope view
-we get a close up of the sniper pulling the trigger
-**bang**

One other difference is that Welkin kills the sniper who shot at Alicia, but what the hell happened to the sniper who Isara? I guess he conveniently died after firing one shot.

Maybe I'm being overly critical since I've been upset over the anime changes from the game, but that's just lazy writing.
Old 2009-07-29, 03:25   Link #98
Bordix

I actually liked how they handled Isara's death, well I haven't played the game but base from comments, it gets all dramatic, which I really dislike when it comes to war stories. IMO, this scene really gives you a taste of the realities of war...... no dramatic "last words" and instant kill (hopefully)
Old 2009-07-29, 09:07   Link #99
RedWing

Was pleasantly surprised. Really liked Isara, so I hope she's dead.
Old 2009-07-29, 11:30   Link #100
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
but what the hell happened to the sniper who Isara? I guess he conveniently died after firing one shot.
Well, in the game it's actually a squad of scout's who make a counter-offensive ambush kinda thing-they get chased off, but i guess the animators were too lazy and hoped the audience would forget or smthn haha :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
I actually liked how they handled Isara's death, well I haven't played the game but base from comments, it gets all dramatic, which I really dislike when it comes to war stories. IMO, this scene really gives you a taste of the realities of war...... no dramatic "last words" and instant kill (hopefully)
Yea, but that would be more of a characteristic of a normal military where they ensure you don't have that kind of a close relationship with your squad->prior history, family ties and such.

And although it would be interesting if it was, VC doesn't aim to be realistic and grim like most war-realted media. That being said, I'm not a fan of writers handing out protagonist shields...xD

Oh and watch Stalingrad, ngahahahaha
Closed Thread