AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-26, 10:31   Link #101
Frontier

It's nice to see Sayu having the initiative to go out there and get a job for herself. Yoshida's happy to see her be independent and getting more life experience, and hopefully meet more people her age .

Speaking of which, Sayu finally finds a friend in Asami, a Gyaru-type who is sassy, confident, in-your-face, and surprisingly perceptive and caring. She seems like a good friend for Sayu to have and to offer a fresh perspective on Sayu for Yoshida to bounce off of .

Parent? Brother? Guardian? I guess Yoshida is whatever Sayu needs him to be, beyond a companion. Kind of wondering what relationship status they'll settle on by the end .

So does Mishima know all about Sayu now? Or is she just under a false impression about their relationship? I wasn't sure exactly how much Yoshida clarified with her. Although all that talking about her certainly got Gotou's interest .

Gotou once again takes Yoshida out for dinner and he gets another opportunity to stare at her boobs and question her intentions towards him, which gets her to finally confess she likes him and she lied about the whole boyfriend thing. Which, granted, was kind of rude after he confessed to her, but considering the state of his place when he invited her over pre-Sayu, maybe her intuition was right on the money

Sometimes Yoshida is too straightforward for his own good when he asks Gotou to bed and gets her to admit she's still a virgin. I'm guessing she's the same type as Yoshida where she won't sleep with someone she's not in love with and she's been enamored with Yoshida all this time. Although while she seems willing, Yoshida is content to wait for her to muster the proper courage to ask him out eventually, which she seems committed to working towards. Not a bad step for their relationship (sorry Mishima) .

Sayu had a panic attack for a moment there and flashed back to, I assume, the period before she ran away. We saw that girl with the twintail look and Sayu sleeping with someone, so...was that girl Sayu or the girl who said "Sayu-chan?" Did Sayu end up sleeping with a boy her friend was interested in or dating? And that's part of why she felt she had to run away ?

I think for a second Yoshida was honestly convinced Gotou had forgotten the question she had asked, but then he just straight up comes clean about Sayu. And now Gotou and Sayu are going to meet, which should be...interesting, to say the least .
Old 2021-04-26, 11:58   Link #102
larethian

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

a pretty glaring mistake in the notification message.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 12:11   Link #103
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

a pretty glaring mistake in the notification message.
You mean LANE instead of LINE ?
Old 2021-04-26, 12:17   Link #104
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

No, the problem is the message itself.
「いや、そうじゃなくて」which means in that context "No, that wasn't what I meant".
That message was supposed to be sent after Sayu believed she had to leave the house for that evening, but it was visible on her phone way before that. It should have been his message telling her he is going home with Gotou, which is visible a little later, so「すまん、めちゃ急なんだが、今日、後藤さん連れて帰る」- Sorry, it is quite sudden but I'm bringing Gotou home.
Old 2021-04-26, 12:40   Link #105
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Dang, if I knew they were going to say it so many times, I should have kept a counter on how many times the protagonist is called a good person in 1 cour.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 13:10   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this is going in a weird direction. I figured Gotou showing romantic interest or meeting Sayu would be more of an endgame type thing. Instead we're going right to it now. Although I guess we're slowly closing in on the half way point of the show.

Yoshida is dancing on a tightrope here. The circle of people that know about Sayu (even if I'm not sure Mishima has the full picture) is expanding quite a bit. So far so good in that respect since it involves people that either like him or Sayu and aren't going to call the cops. But the further this expands the riskier it gets.
Old 2021-04-26, 20:05   Link #107
Wandering Soul

I figured Gotou was going to meet Sayu eventually, but I wasn't expecting their meeting to be this early. Not sure why Yoshida even has to introduce them, but I guess that's the way things are going to go
Old 2021-04-26, 22:31   Link #108
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Dang, if I knew they were going to say it so many times, I should have kept a counter on how many times the protagonist is called a good person in 1 cour.
You seem to pay very high interest in that detail for some strange reason that no one else do. It looks like you just watch the show, waiting for that to happen so you can post about it

Maybe you should pay attention on other details instead.

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-04-26 at 23:00.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-26, 22:35   Link #109
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I figured Gotou was going to meet Sayu eventually, but I wasn't expecting their meeting to be this early. Not sure why Yoshida even has to introduce them, but I guess that's the way things are going to go
Gotou wouldn't let him avoid the question and Yoshida is a terrible liar...and now Gotou gets to meet the girl who Yoshida has been spending all his time with .
Old 2021-04-27, 13:54   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Episode 4 felt a bit disjointed, but after checking the source material for this part, I guess they couldn't really do much about it. Asami's introduction wasn't particularly long so stretching it to a full episode wouldn't really make sense, so might as well just squeeze Gotou's part there. But still, the direction was a bit... bland I guess?
Meanwhile, Gotou's decision didn't really surprise me although the lack of actual backstory/flashbacks between Yoshida and her really makes their romance quite artificial so to speak. I assume Gotou will use Sayu as an excuse to bid her time before she actually commit with Yoshida (and the author obviously trying to set a potential change of heart in Yoshida), so it all depends on how the story will handle the "triangle" with their meeting.

I still wish Mishima was just a wingman like Hashimoto instead of being a "romance candidate". She really seems like completely out of the competiton when it comes to Yoshida, whereas she has been a very good big sister figure to Sayu.
Old 2021-04-27, 14:30   Link #111
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I still wish Mishima was just a wingman like Hashimoto instead of being a "romance candidate". She really seems like completely out of the competiton when it comes to Yoshida, whereas she has been a very good big sister figure to Sayu.
I think Mishima probably has the least chance of winning but I think her feelings for Yoshida are pretty cute...and she seems more genuinely honest about her feelings than Gotou was until Yoshida confronted her, so I respect that.
Old 2021-05-01, 01:18   Link #112
scififan

The guy really wants to be the big brother figure for the girl running away from home. The girl has flashback of a girl calling her Sayu-chan. Assuming she's the friend, she stands on the edge of a tall building.

I guess the story describes the strange side of Japanase office culture and dating scene. The situation circulated online is: The guy asks a gril out, but does not disclose that he already has girlfriend/wife. When the girl discovers and confronts him about it, he would say he did not disclose it because she did not ask.

I-Cup rejects the guy by saying she has a boyfriend. It does not sound like she was playing hard to get. It is more as a straight refusal of his love. Perhaps I-Cup was invovled in an unspeakable relationship.

After the guy picks up the girl from a street, he starts to become a women magnet. I-Cup starts to develop a feeling for him. When a guy gets a girl's affection, he receives more affection from other girls.

When I-Cup says that she has feeling for the guy, his response is that he does not believe it. When I-Cup says she has no experience with any man, the guy beleives it and apologizes to her. It is hard to believe that the attractive woman at her age has no experience.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-01, 05:27   Link #113
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The fact Gotou is attractive doesn't mean she could meet a man who matches her interests and preferences until now (She is 28 years old, so basically didn't meet any man fancying her until she was 23, which is still fair enough imo). Some people IRL are willing to wait until they meet their "soulmate" so to speak, so it isn't really unheard of people who are still virgin and/or single in their late thirties. Additionally, it is quite common in Japan that both genders focus on their career rather than any relationship at all.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-05-01 at 05:37.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-01, 05:44   Link #114
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
I guess the story describes the strange side of Japanase office culture and dating scene. The situation circulated online is: The guy asks a gril out, but does not disclose that he already has girlfriend/wife. When the girl discovers and confronts him about it, he would say he did not disclose it because she did not ask.

I-Cup rejects the guy by saying she has a boyfriend. It does not sound like she was playing hard to get. It is more as a straight refusal of his love. Perhaps I-Cup was invovled in an unspeakable relationship.

After the guy picks up the girl from a street, he starts to become a women magnet. I-Cup starts to develop a feeling for him. When a guy gets a girl's affection, he receives more affection from other girls.

When I-Cup says that she has feeling for the guy, his response is that he does not believe it. When I-Cup says she has no experience with any man, the guy beleives it and apologizes to her. It is hard to believe that the attractive woman at her age has no experience.
Nah, that's just how dating in general goes anywhere in the world. It is hard, sometimes impossible to find someone you can trust someone enough even after knowing them for years. Also, the human desire to want something belonging to someone else is what causes people to chase after those already having a significant other. In many cases that leads to affairs and I highly recommend never going down that path. Keep your hearts pure, guys.
Old 2021-05-01, 18:35   Link #115
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Personally, I wish Sayu had a more stacked body than Airi Gotou. Were I Yoshida, I would be getting Sayu pregnant. It is quite obvious that she wants to sleep with him and I doubt she would be opposed to getting pregnant by him. It is a common thing when the lead guy and lead girl obviously want each other that they would be willing to get intimate with the intent of the heroine getting pregnant.
Old 2021-05-02, 03:22   Link #116
scififan

Quote:
The fact Gotou is attractive doesn't mean she could meet a man who matches her interests and preferences until now (She is 28 years old, so basically didn't meet any man fancying her until she was 23, which is still fair enough imo). Some people IRL are willing to wait until they meet their "soulmate" so to speak, so it isn't really unheard of people who are still virgin and/or single in their late thirties. Additionally, it is quite common in Japan that both genders focus on their career rather than any relationship at all.
The Japan I learned from Youtube is different. The story I learned is that a JK(not Rowling) will become her peers' laughing stock if she still a virgin before graduation.

For normal Japanese family, focusing on academic achievement is the top priority. However, Sayu is not from a normal family, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Nah, that's just how dating in general goes anywhere in the world. It is hard, sometimes impossible to find someone you can trust someone enough even after knowing them for years.
From the Youtuber information, the darkside of Tokyo has of guys on streets doing nanpa. Guys of nanpa could be doing gravure idol scouting, one night stand, or hustling/pimping. The attractive woman as her would constantly picked up or chased by guys. Then, there could be powerful guys who tried to charm her or pressure her. Just possibility. I know, anime is not equal to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
Personally, I wish Sayu had a more stacked body than Airi Gotou. Were I Yoshida, I would be getting Sayu pregnant. It is quite obvious that she wants to sleep with him and I doubt she would be opposed to getting pregnant by him. It is a common thing when the lead guy and lead girl obviously want each other that they would be willing to get intimate with the intent of the heroine getting pregnant.
The viewers' first general impression is that why Goutou hasn't been arrested. I know, anime is not equal to reality.

Last edited by scififan; 2021-05-02 at 03:38.
Old 2021-05-03, 10:29   Link #117
Frontier

Well, Yoshida finally brings Gotou to his place, just under completely different circumstances than he'd intended .

All things considered, Gotou can understand and accept the circumstances around how Sayu ended up with Yoshida, she's rightly horrified over what Sayu had to go through and that she had genuine reasons for doing it and running away, but she also makes it clear to Sayu that she can't just run away from her problems and live with Yoshida with no strings to attached. Life doesn't work that way. And Sayu understands this too, and she's building herself up to be ready to face her past, and Gotou is there to help support her emotionally. All together, I think that talk worked out pretty well .

Sayu also confronts Gotou about her feelings for Yoshida, because she wants Yoshida to be happy, and Gotou is honest that she truly does love Yoshida. Although she also seems just a tad concerned about Sayu's feelings for Yoshida...

Yoshida stumbles into Mishima who it turns out had been stalking him and Gotou since their dinner date and right down to when he took Gotou to his apartment. Poor girl couldn't help herself. Just like she couldn't help but admonish Yoshida for how he's handling things between Gotou and Sayu and just how genuine his feelings are to where he's not choosing one or other other. If he keeps being too nice, he might lose at least one thing precious to him instead of getting what he wants. Has it sunk in to Yoshida why she felt so passionately about this, especially Gotou? It's not because she's a bystander looking into the situation, but becuase her own feelings for Yoshida are involved .

One of the perks of having an older female friend and mentor is getting to have fun applying makeup together and getting some nice girl talk in. That and they can team-up to tease Yoshida together .

That guy at the end...does he somehow know Sayu? Or someone she's slept with before? Or is he going to try to sleep with her? He didn't seem to take Asami's declaration not to touch her seriously, and he seems like the type who would act aggressively around a cute girl like Sayu .
Old 2021-05-03, 10:42   Link #118
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ The previous episode already showed the guy's face in that quick flashback that turned Sayu's stomach upside-down. It doesn't help that he's basically Keyaru pre-isekai in terms of appearance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-03, 13:43   Link #119
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The Japan I learned from Youtube is different. The story I learned is that a JK(not Rowling) will become her peers' laughing stock if she still a virgin before graduation.

For normal Japanese family, focusing on academic achievement is the top priority. However, Sayu is not from a normal family, apparently.
I never stated "every Japanese girls want to stay virgin until they found a proper boyfriend", but there are girls who don't follow such trend as well, just like anywhere else. Of course, what you have watched does happen, but that's arguably not something that can be taken as the general rule (just like how most girls during my last high school year were virgins, whereas in other places it was the complete opposite), especially that I doubt that video you watched had enough sample size.

As for Sayu's family, there is something really wrong with them if Sayu is still adamant against returning home even after being confronted by Yoshida and Gotou, while there is still no apparent report about her. So their priority regarding Sayu in general must be rock bottom, assuming they are alive that is.
Old 2021-05-03, 23:43   Link #120
scififan

Quote:
ust like how most girls during my last high school year were virgins, whereas in other places it was the complete opposite), especially that I doubt that video you watched had enough sample size.
First, I am sure they were. I don't even want to know how you got your firsthand information from those girls. Second, the Youtuber said the case is big enough for Japanese government to create a new legislation. That is, all underage follow the street curfew. I get my information as third hand, and Youtubers get the second hand information. Those are testimony, and the sample size is not enough to change my opinion.

Quote:
As for Sayu's family, there is something really wrong with them if Sayu is still adamant against returning home even after being confronted by Yoshida and Gotou, while there is still no apparent report about her. So their priority regarding Sayu in general must be rock bottom, assuming they are alive that is.
The light novel just ended recently. I am not in rush to find the conclusion. I will see how anime will wrap up the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yoshida stumbles into Mishima who it turns out had been stalking him and Gotou since their dinner date and right down to when he took Gotou to his apartment. Poor girl couldn't help herself. Just like she couldn't help but admonish Yoshida for how he's handling things between Gotou and Sayu and just how genuine his feelings are to where he's not choosing one or other other. If he keeps being too nice, he might lose at least one thing precious to him instead of getting what he wants. Has it sunk in to Yoshida why she felt so passionately about this, especially Gotou? It's not because she's a bystander looking into the situation, but becuase her own feelings for Yoshida are involved .
Mishima said she was in Sayu's shoes, so she understood Sayu. Mishima used to run away from home. I was wondering what happened to her. Maybe she was abused in her family. Eventually, she walked out the shadow of her past. She is into this guy becuase he is yasashii--a very cliche traits in anime. In reality, a lot of anime otaku are kind, they don't get the girls that easily. On the other hand, anime otaku could be rude on the online discussion board.

Tags
harem