AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2021-06-26, 10:36   Link #41
Sacredus

I never thought I will be protecting NISA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I seriously question how it needs to take a year and a half to release Zero when it has a complete translation already, but then I guess it wouldn't be NISA if they didn't make bad business decisions.
This will be Kai versions of games (since it will be on PS4 and Scott from Geofront mentioned new dialogues on twitter - https://twitter.com/KillScottKill/st...15551756206081 ) so all games are fully dubbed (at least Vita versions of Crossbell had full Japanese dubbing so I'm assuming it's same with Kai and it will get English dub). This is why Geofront mentioned their translation will be used as base for localization. Also, I have no idea about current state of games, but on release Kai was buggy and Geofront patch was looking better (textures). This will need more work than people think. As for Nayuta remaster, it was released in Japan same day as announcement in West. They're working on 4 games at same time, and they're not big company.

Is it worth waiting for remasters? YES. Crossbell can be seen as direct sequel to Trails of the Sky trilogy (it was happening at same time as CS1 and 2 but characters from Sky continued their arcs in Crossbell) and while Zero was really solid game (I rate it above CS1 and CS2), Azure story wise is best in series - what was happening there is just crazy. Summaries provided in CS3 and CS4 are just not enough to understand scale of what happened in Crossbell arc. Not to mention Reverie is like Trails in Sky 3, epilogue arc but for both Crossbell and Cold Steel arcs.

Only thing I'm concerned is release date of Hajimari Reverie in West. By 2023 series will be 2 new games ahead (Kuro 1 this year, and lets say Kuro 2 by 2023). But at least we will not have any plot holes anymore.

EDIT: Nevermind. Steam page for all games shows that only Reverie will get English dubbing so I have no idea why it will take them so long... Maybe they're busy with other games and just can't release Trails earlier

Last edited by Sacredus; 2021-06-26 at 10:55.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 19:43   Link #42
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Hajimari/Reverie in 2023. By that time Kuro 2 will be out.
And depending on whether or not there's a third Kuro game, Japan may actually be done with the Calvard Arc by the time we get Hajimari.

Tags
legend of heroes, trails series