AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-02-20, 04:40   Link #21
meh

For me, the game's battle system was really fun, because it took some of the repeatedly "attack" mundaneness out. The story was okay, but not anything amazing.

For those who want to play, emulator/PSP plus download? I don't normally condone this, but it's pretty much impossible to find this game out on the street. So it's not as if Sony's losing money from you not buying the game.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 08:45   Link #22
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

There's also the unanswered question of whether or not Claire was Dart's mom and if Rose actually killed her. That's what I pieced together. So in a roundabout way, Rose ended up being the ultimate jealous b!tch.

But the game could indeed use a RM. Not to mention that there was one extremely silly point about it:

You could get literally the best armor and helmet in the game by endless grinding. Legend Armor/Legend Helmet at the city the Divine Dragon attacked. Get 3 sets and then go and fight Faust (when you get ALL 50 stardust) and laugh as he uses OMFG END OF THE WORLD spells on you and does NOTHING.

But yeah, Rose fricking owns. And since she ascended when killing Melbu, I guess she's an official video game goddess now?
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:06   Link #23
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And not an unsatisfying remake like Wild Arms: Alter Code F.
I actually rather liked that remake, except for the horrible translation. What was wrong with it?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:15   Link #24
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Combat system was great, though I wish it was a bit faster.

I hope they get some better VA's for it too if they ever remake. Some of it wasn't bad but hearing Shana scream in the ending was hilarious.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:24   Link #25
Avisch
Reality Blender

I only got to play the demo long long ago. But I really liked it. But hilariously I couldn't figure out the demo until I looked up a walkthrough that told me where the ax was.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-20, 13:43   Link #26
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Legend of Dragoon= one of the best games I've personally ever played. In fact, I like it just a little more than the final fantasy series.

At one point in time, I heard Sony was planning on releasing a second one, but obviously they never did... prequel would be awesome, as I'm not sure how they would manage to pull off a sequel

As for Rose... she was pure win. And while Rose= Awesome, Miranda= Fail. Maybe it's just because I preferred Shana over her, but from the moment she got into my party, I did everything I could to make sure I never used her unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, though I don't know about Rose killing her or not, it was pretty much confirmed that Claire= Dart's mother, and therefore he's also Haschel's grandson

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 14:03   Link #27
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
BTW, though I don't know about Rose killing her or not, it was pretty much confirmed that Claire= Dart's mother, and therefore he's also Haschel's grandson
The Black Monster blew up the entire town. You know, fire and death and destruction and all sorts of kablooey?

Added on top of that, Claire went back to fight the Black Monster.

Claire died.

Who killed her? The boogey man?

I guess this makes Rose Dart's stepmom? Auntie? Zieg-seeking girlfriend?

Gotta admit though...Dart's dad was a player
Old 2009-02-21, 15:34   Link #28
YoSneaky

I think rose killed Claire?
YoSneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 17:24   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I actually rather liked that remake, except for the horrible translation. What was wrong with it?
Spoiler for Remake Issues:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Legend of Dragoon= one of the best games I've personally ever played. In fact, I like it just a little more than the final fantasy series.

At one point in time, I heard Sony was planning on releasing a second one, but obviously they never did... prequel would be awesome, as I'm not sure how they would manage to pull off a sequel

As for Rose... she was pure win. And while Rose= Awesome, Miranda= Fail. Maybe it's just because I preferred Shana over her, but from the moment she got into my party, I did everything I could to make sure I never used her unless absolutely necessary.

Yeah have to agree with the Rose and Miranda thoughts. Really preferred Shana and would just avoid using Miranda if possible. Oh well managed to get by even with that kind of restriction placed on myself.
Old 2009-02-21, 23:48   Link #30
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Damned plot that took Shana away... but it was still worth it, between the ending, and the fact that the Divine Dragoon is just awesome

this is starting to make me want to play LoD again, except for the fact that I have so many other games to work on (especially since I've become a huge FF fanboy, and outside of seven, I have yet to beat all the PS1 and above games)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 00:51   Link #31
Demongod86

Divine Dragoon sucked . It was so fugly >_<. Though the ENTIRE dragoon system sucked. In the beginning, it was "oh look, I'm a fucking GOD", and then later it was "uh...so why don't I just grind 3 legend armor/helms and then spam demon's dance/blazing dynamo/blossom storm/other uber human combo.

So if they remake it, they REALLY need to make dragoon mode worth it later.

And there needs to be more Rose fanservice. A LOT more Rose fanservice.
Old 2009-02-22, 06:06   Link #32
YoSneaky

I always ended up using my dragoon mode even though I had all the best additions and legend armor. I liked how the transformation to a dragoon looked like.

And all the cool spells lol.
Old 2009-02-22, 06:18   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I had good memories of this game. Despite the fact i was never able to finish it. (I watch someone did it instead)

I'm hoping for a prequel, sequel or remake.
Old 2009-02-23, 01:52   Link #34
YoSneaky

In reality a remake probably will not be made. If one was made it would've been made already. Not ten years later.
Old 2009-02-23, 02:03   Link #35
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoSneaky View Post
In reality a remake probably will not be made. If one was made it would've been made already. Not ten years later.
/shrug
People still talk about the possibility of an FF7 remake, and that came out earlier than LoD. The Wild Arms remake came out 7 years later (9 for the US). It's kinda the point of remakes to be released when the previous one is almost forgotten.

However, since it doesn't have any sequels, I'm guessing it wasn't too popular in the first place, which certainly hurts its chances. Are developers even around anymore?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 23:41   Link #36
YoSneaky

It wasn't so popular and I'm not sure if the developer is still around. Even if they weren't another developer should do something about it and make a prequel. I think it would sell a lot better now than it did back in 99 or 2000 when it came out in the U.S.

I don't know.
Old 2009-02-26, 00:18   Link #37
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Are developers even around anymore?
They split up long ago. Various team members transferred to companies like Square (CG talent), Microsoft (main artists - they're now at FeelPlus since MS Japan ended in-house development), tri-Ace, and EA Japan.

I'll assume that many remain at SCEI. However, reuniting all the key people might be impossible.

Quote:
I'm guessing it wasn't too popular in the first place
By genre standards, it did quite well in America. However, Japanese sales were unquestionably disappointing (by and large, the game wasn't warmly received either).

LoD was a massive project for its time, so anything less than a blockbuster would've been unacceptable.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 07:42   Link #38
aesthetic
Violinist/Pianist

hands down...
legend of dragoon deserves a remake!!
for the PS3!!
damn! that would rock!
aesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote