AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-02, 09:23   Link #61
momochi
Watashi no mochi

The website for this has FINALLY been updated with new character profiles.

http://www.project-navel.com/shuffle_ep/
momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 11:29   Link #62
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

At a glance it doesn't look like there's anything there that we didn't find out from the Comptiq article. I will try to read it more at-length and see if there's anything new to be gleaned from it, though.

Kind of odd that they don't mention the mysterious kimono girl among the new characters.

On the other hand, they're listing Nadeshiko and Tsubomi under "New Characters". I guess that answers that question, then.

Mayumi's birthday is New Year's Day? Huh.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 13:01   Link #63
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
Kind of odd that they don't mention the mysterious kimono girl among the new characters.
Well, I'm wondering if they've decided to make her more of a "secret" heroine in terms of the official PR, since they hinted earlier that she was the key to a lot of the new material. Perhaps she'll be one of those heroines that can only be unlocked after you've beaten all of the other paths, or something.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 22:09   Link #64
Draneor
Aesop's Fox

Just based on her profile, I think I'll like Daisy a lot. I'm glad to see Sakura made it (although I suppose this is old news).
Draneor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 05:00   Link #65
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Sakura is pretty awesome, at least based on her role in R?R! I still think they ought to throw Kaede's yandere streak from the anime into the game, though, and it would work for either Asa or Sakura.
Spoiler for Why Sakura?:
Old 2009-07-03, 18:03   Link #66
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I still think they ought to throw Kaede's yandere streak from the anime into the game, though, and it would work for either Asa or Sakura.
Spoiler for Why Sakura?:
I just want to say that the yandere deviation has always been something of a point of contention among people who were game fans first, since it added a dimension that wasn't originally part of the Shuffle universe. Personally speaking, I despise yandere (and the anime deviation from the original game story) so I'm selfishly hoping they don't go that way. I know that a lot of people became Shuffle fans because of that deviation, though, so I can see why you'd want it. I guess there are always two sides to every story.
Old 2009-07-03, 22:01   Link #67
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

TBH, I'm not sure what Navel will do re: yandere Kaede. I know I agreed with DJLowrider earlier, but that was an expectation thing rather than a request: while yandere Kaede may attract more purchases (unlikely), I actually liked game Kaede better. Actually the yandere thing came as a bit of a shock to me: in the game you can see her get a little disappointed/sad when you choose another path, and
Spoiler for SHUFFLE! Asa's path:

but she's otherwise pretty accepting (Primula's ending FTW). So I'm gonna pretend Navel actually cares about my opinions () and ask that Kaede act like she has in the games.

/rant
BlueGenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 09:29   Link #68
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm sure this has been debated elsewhere before, but when Kaede snaps in the anime it really gives her character a lot more believability as well as adding a whole other dimension to the story. So often we get these harem anime series where everyone is just peachy keen with each other despite the rivalries for the protagonist's heart. Kaede's sudden turn gave us a glimpse of something that simply felt more real.

Furthermore, gven that Sakura is confirmed for Essence+ I feel reasonably confident saying the following:

Spoiler for Spoiler-based conjecture:

My personal opinion is if they do adapt some of the anime's story points to the game the game's story will only be better for it. If, however, Kaede is depicted more or less exactly as she was in the original game then it will relegate her once again to being the most boring character of the story, not to mention it will waste so much potential for dramatic and character development. Though again, the Japanese do seem to have a soft spot for doormat characters.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:54   Link #69
momochi
Watashi no mochi

For people who had played the original shuffle! and it's sequels Tick tack and Really? really!, would it be recommended to try out these two sequels before starting Shuffle Essence? I originally planned to play the original but stalled that idea when I heard that there will be a new release.
momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 07:13   Link #70
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I can't say as I'd recommend Tick! Tack! simply because it's a fairly weak story line with largely uninteresting cast additions save one. The only reason to play it is if you want to see more ero scenes of Nerine.

Really? Really! is another deal, though. I heartily recommend playing it as it's not only got a good story and great character development, but it's just damn fun to play. Not to mention there are some truly laugh-out-loud moments in it. And it will also give you a whole new perspective on at least a couple of characters.
Old 2009-07-06, 19:50   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I'm sure this has been debated elsewhere before, but when Kaede snaps in the anime it really gives her character a lot more believability as well as adding a whole other dimension to the story. So often we get these harem anime series where everyone is just peachy keen with each other despite the rivalries for the protagonist's heart. Kaede's sudden turn gave us a glimpse of something that simply felt more real.
All I can say is that, to me, it felt like an extremely cheap ratings grab, and anything but "more real". If it had been more restrained, I probably could have been okay with it, but I never bought into the "shock value" as a legitimate plot device, and all the more so because it was manufactured as anime-original. I don't really have any problem if they play up the co-dependence a bit more (as that was in the original game to begin with), but no yandere for me, thanks...

Anyway, there's no point in debating it, really; all we can do is wait to see what they do.
Old 2009-07-07, 08:53   Link #72
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

On to some other speculative thoughts I've had lately.

In Essence+ there will be five Shinzoku girls, at least four of whom will have full paths (though with Tsubomi being on the "New Characters" page I wouldn't be surprised if she has a route as well.) It's well-documented that Shinzoku society is polygamous. Anyone else thinking "possible harem end"?

I've never played the PS2 version of Shuffle!, but from what I have read...

Spoiler for About Mayumi's path:

I'm looking forward to the whole "Club Life" arc that's supposed to be party of Daisy's path. I wonder if it'll play out like the basketball game in CLANNAD where your success is determined by who you recruit?
Old 2009-07-07, 23:11   Link #73
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

I pretty much agree with everything relentlessflame just said. Including the last line

Damn, DJLowrider, now you've got me even more excited! I know there were hints at the possibility of some kind of polygamy further down the line, but an explicit harem ending would be nice . Plus the other girls were so set on Rin it made me feel kinda bad for not choosing them too (although Nerine seemed to give up pretty quick in the anime ).

Man, I'm hopeless.

I've never played On The Stage either, but I always liked Mayumi. There is an curious lack of conflict in the games (for a high value of conflict) (not that I'm complaining), so hopefully any Rin v. Itsuki will end happily and without truckloads of wangst. Shuffle! has always managed to keep any sad feelings justified by sad events, so kudos to Navel for that.
Old 2009-07-08, 09:09   Link #74
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm glad you're excited for the game, I know I'm looking forward to it as well. Remember, though, this is all purely speculation on my part based on the information that's been made available to us so far. Not to mention it's got a fair bit of my own wishful thinking attached to it as well.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:33   Link #75
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Tiny tidbit.

Q: 鈴平ひろは新規に参加するの?
A: 雑誌にツボミの新規イベントCGが掲載されたので参加確定のようです。

Looks like Suzuhira Hiro will be drawing new CGs for Essence+ too, so it won't be just new CGs from Nishimata Aoi.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 12:33   Link #76
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I wonder if we'll get some voice samples for Daisy and Ruri sometime so we can play the guessing game of who their seiyuu are. Presumably everyone involved will still be listed under their pseudonyms in the credits, despite the fact that we all know who they really are at this point.

Tangentially, I blew a friend of mine's mind away pointing out that Mikuru = Kaede.
Old 2009-07-14, 19:12   Link #77
~A~
Good Game.

Adult content....hmmmm *going to buy*
~A~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 10:33   Link #78
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Minor update on the official site for Essence+. The character pages for Daisy and Tsubomi both have screens from the game on them. The pic on Tsubomi's page seems to pretty much confirm that she does indeed have a path in the game, which leads me to believe that Nadeshiko also has a path.

This brings the official number of girls with routes in the game to 12. 13 if the mysterious kimono girl gets a path. This game's gonna be keeping people busy for a while...
Old 2009-07-29, 02:44   Link #79
BlueGenome
Rimu-chan~

Nadeshiko could have a path? Awesome.

So, that makes 12 or possibly 13 paths, with additions to the 5 original ones. Can anyone who's played On The Stage comment on the differences between the PC paths for Sia, Nerine, Kaede, Asa and Primula vs. the OTS ones? I've heard that the paths were extended, but no specifics about how much was added.

Wow, this looks to be a serious time sink. Yay!

EDIT: Wow, just saw the pic of Rin on the site (how did I miss that). It's good to see he remains free of the disturbing Face Eating Shadow disease so many eroge protagonists seem to fall victim too...

Last edited by BlueGenome; 2009-07-29 at 02:47. Reason: New content
Old 2009-07-29, 09:14   Link #80
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGenome View Post
Nadeshiko could have a path? Awesome.
The way I'm interpreting it, since Tsubomi and Nadeshiko are both listed on the "New Characters" page and Tsubomi has a pic that makes it seem very likely that she does have a route, then by virtue of being listed on that page Nadeshiko probably has a route as well. Plus, considering...

Spoiler for Things that happened in Really? Really!: