AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-02, 06:55   Link #8541
Bombo
TSF Fans

OMG.... SLOW DOWN...Last week was erza and now cana !!? OMG Over 9 thousand for yea,,,
Like cana said : WE ARE UNSTOPPABLE ..WE ARE FAIRY TAIL AFTER ALL .!!!
ALL hail drunk girl <3
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 06:59   Link #8542
Bern-san

The best part of the chapter...
Spoiler for 285:

Also, it's over 9000! couldn't resist....

Anyway it was a great chapter (except if you are a Cana hater...). Finally we're going to know Raven Tail's plans .
Old 2012-06-02, 07:09   Link #8543
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Cool chapter

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-02, 07:13   Link #8544
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I may hate Cana because of past events...but damned if she isn't one of the sexiest girls in the series. I hate to hate her because she's sexy and a fun drunk (I just can't help it).

Anyway...first and foremost I call bullshit on the others needing to be ranked. Erza put on the display of century, she did something that out of the participants probably only Jura would be able to do. She ended up like that to take out every monster and she only got a 2 point advantage over any other team regardless of it being FTB)? And they only had to hit a ball with their hardest attack? Erza fought an army of monsters and they only have to hit a goddamn ball!? What was the point of her killing all 100 monsters? (Beyond the...look at us, we are FT and we are awesome)
She could have just fought 51 monsters and come out with much fewer injuries.
That was complete BS >_>

That aside, I loved how Jura was like "Yea, no..." after Orga got all hyped up for being the strongest so far.
Also Luxus rapeface <3 (You know he was just thinking "Bitch please, I can do that with a sneeze.")

Liked the comparison between Jura and Gildartz, serves to help see at what level both of them really are. I remember Jura during the Nirvana fight and it is painfully obvious to me that he suffered from Kenpachi Syndrome (usually only happens against main characters funny enough) because judging from his displays so far...he should have demolished that Oracion6 dude.

And I hope Cana doesn't keep Fairy Glitter. This is not out of Cana hate but rather, it is one of the 3 greatest FT magic spells, it should be kept within FT's strongest circle and not just used by any member (even if she is Gildartz's kid).
Then again...Mavis is so childish at times...it's quite adorable.

Finally Luxus will be fighting next...thank you! Don't disappoint us...after his scuffle back in Tenrou we need an epic display of Luxusness!

PS: I was a bit disappointed by Fairy Glitter, was expecting it to be more than just "Aim, Giant Explosion"
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:32   Link #8545
Qilin
Romanticist

285:

It seems we have another haxx power upgrade in this latest chapter, for Cana. I was mostly fine with last chapter since it's practically Erza's nature to be over-the-top, but here it feels a little jarring. I mean, Cana hardly got any spotlight before this (if you exclude that little blunder in the previous arc), and now I should just accept her as one of the strongest guild members? Or whatever. Maybe I just never liked her much to begin with.

Eh. And just like that, Fairy Tail jumps back to being one of the strongest guilds in the span of a few chapters.

On another note, Raven Tail is finally going to reveal their hand pretty soon. Whatever the case, just the prospect of seeing Laxus in action in the next chapter makes me excited.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:34   Link #8546
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Chapter went pretty much the way I imagined, based on the few raw images. I like how everyone is now suddenly scared of FT, though I do wonder why RT didn't use their magic zapper to drain Erza so she'd lose. Perhaps they didn't want to risk using it too much, or just wanted to make sure Flare, an RT member, defeated an FT member.

As for the next chapter... Hmm, I do remember that Ivan wanted Laxus's lachriyma... would they actually attempt to extract it right in the middle of the tournament? Ivan is Laxus's father, too. So this fight against an RT member will have some emotional component, perhaps?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:40   Link #8547
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Shouldn't she have won 100 pts?
Old 2012-06-02, 07:42   Link #8548
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Chapter went pretty much the way I imagined, based on the few raw images. I like how everyone is now suddenly scared of FT, though I do wonder why RT didn't use their magic zapper to drain Erza so she'd lose. Perhaps they didn't want to risk using it too much, or just wanted to make sure Flare, an RT member, defeated an FT member.
Yea, if they use it too much the judges might notice. So it's much better to get a direct win over FT than just having FT lose without them getting 1st being a sure thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Like previous rounds, the points you get only serve for that round's ranking. The final points awarded never change.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:44   Link #8549
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
There are two separate points here, the points in the event inself and the points awarded to the winners of the events. The points awarded to the winners are always 10, 8, 6, 4, 0 or something like that, based on their ranking within the event. Erza got 100 points within the event, but that just makes her 1st place, so she gets 10 points for the team. Cana got 9999 points in her event, but they were just competing for 2nd place so she earned 8 points for her team.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 07:49   Link #8550
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea, if they use it too much the judges might notice. So it's much better to get a direct win over FT than just having FT lose without them getting 1st being a sure thing.
If I remember correctly, Obra was explicitly warned to avoid doing anything unnecessary since magic council members were watching the match.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:56   Link #8551
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Particularly I like this Chapter, Cana is pretty amazing though Randrak why do you hate her? Anyway my worries or interest are what is Raven Tail planning and Kagura Mikazuchi seems more concern that Erza knowing Jellal than her defeating 100 monsters.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:02   Link #8552
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
If I remember correctly, Obra was explicitly warned to avoid doing anything unnecessary since magic council members were watching the match.
Ah yea, I forgot about that.
Old 2012-06-02, 08:20   Link #8553
Kafriel
Senior Guest

A power meter for the other contestants? Blargh! At least it was a fun display of power, lol @ Hibiki

I don't think Kana will be using FGT again, unless her cover page increased her fanbase by a lot :P Mashima sure knows how to draw...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 08:59   Link #8554
Lunarskylar

It's offical, sting is going to dehydrate himself to death before even getting in the ring with natsu
every event in the tourament has been making him sweat buckets ever since yukino's loss. Does he really have this all encompassing belief that nothing and no one is stronger than everyone in sabertooth? I think he's headed for a breakdown especially after his inevitable defeat @ natsu's hands

i've ever considered cana particularly hot until now... That it all. Fairy glitter is clearly a magic nuke

my question now is what exactly is so particular about fairy magic? Is it like dragon slayer magic and taught by fairies? How does it relate to the secret under the fairy tail base? It even keeps mavis 'alive' im guessing. Maybe even related to the 'one magic'

and mashima is still on this whole x793 thing... Did 2years pass while we weren't looking
Old 2012-06-02, 09:27   Link #8555
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

That pumpkin head seamed kinda sinister there for a panel, and did RT just get the Battle list before the announcement? So many shady ppl this arc.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:49   Link #8556
Casshern

Fairy Glitter + CanaxHibiki out of left-field! Damn it Mashima. It shouldn't excuse how badly Cana's story was handled, but screw it... all is forgiven. I just hope he makes sure Cana stays drunk this time, 'cause when she's sober she doesn't know wtf she's doing.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:52   Link #8557
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Fairy Glitter + CanaxHibiki out of left-field! Damn it Mashima. It shouldn't excuse how badly Cana's story was handled, but screw it... all is forgiven. I just hope he makes sure Cana stays drunk this time, 'cause when she's sober she doesn't know wtf she's doing.
I feel kinda bad for Hibiki.... what if he has to meet Dad?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 09:56   Link #8558
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I just hope he makes sure Cana stays drunk this time, 'cause when she's sober she doesn't know wtf she's doing.
Quoted for truth
Old 2012-06-02, 09:57   Link #8559
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It is kind of funny, Cana love for alcohol is just as great with Gildart's love for women.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 10:12   Link #8560
bones

I'm kind of iffy about Cana's victory as it doesn't show me anything about her growth as a wizard other than the fact that she can use Fairy Glitter successfully. I wonder what she'll do if she has to fight a tough opponent who expects her to use the same power she did in this chapter?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen