AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 29 42.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 27.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-15, 14:34   Link #61
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
There was a plan because she said tsubasa's parents would need only 1 week to find a place to rent with her idea.AND she was calling/sending a text to "someone"...(I wonder who)

I hate it when they don't tell you this kind of things
I think you misread it. The parents were expected to fight a place to stay "in a week at most" without needing any help. The idea was just for where should could stay during that week, because Senjougahara's house isn't big enough for three people and her father was coming back.

Presumably she's texting Kanbaru or something, since all she needs is a friend with a bigger house.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 15:18   Link #62
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Plain awesome. Can't think of any other shows that could keep me hooked to the screen by giving me two girls simply chatting for the majority of the episode.... I never liked Senjougahara much, but the first two episodes already managed to make her somewhat more likable for me....
Same for me...except it was Hanekawa I never liked. Anyway, somehow this show is so far a worthy successor to Bakemonogatari for me in ways that Nise- and -Kuro never quite were.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-15, 21:35   Link #63
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Great ep, shower scene was fun to watch. Nice to see Black Hanekawa again. Seeing Hitagi's scary side is awesome
Old 2013-07-16, 06:52   Link #64
HandofFate

Where was Mayoi, that tease made me expect her to show up in the 2nd episode.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:07   Link #65
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This season is starting to bore me..... I know we got a lot of teasing, fan service and other naughty stuffs that could cause a misunderstanding among the girls, but... still.... without Araragi... it's empty.. like cake without icing.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 13:39   Link #66
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
This season is starting to bore me..... I know we got a lot of teasing, fan service and other naughty stuffs that could cause a misunderstanding among the girls, but... still.... without Araragi... it's empty.. like cake without icing.....
Are you saying you didn't notice what this episode is about?
Old 2013-07-16, 16:29   Link #67
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Are you saying you didn't notice what this episode is about?
The endcard
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 13:08   Link #68
solomon

I just woke up and am having a major super heat wave related brain fart but............................................... .

Is this another prequel? Like before the super freaking duper awesome combo of Araragahara got started?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 13:20   Link #69
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
I just woke up and am having a major super heat wave related brain fart but............................................... .

Is this another prequel? Like before the super freaking duper awesome combo of Araragahara got started?
This is after Nise. Araragi is away and for this arc, Cat is narrating. Her arc concludes at ep 5 according to the TV guide.
Old 2013-07-18, 08:44   Link #70
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:

Let's do this again...
chronological order: kizu->neko/kuro->bake->nise->neko/shiro
publication order: bake->kizu->nise->neko/kuro->neko/shiro
broacasting order: bake->nise->neko/kuro->neko/shiro (no kizu)

The publication order works best for character development, while the chronological order will help to avoid plot confusion... the broadcasting order just flows with the money
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 08:44   Link #71
GDB

Quote:

Senjougahara only cut her hair in the middle of Nisemono, so it's definitely after that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 03:28   Link #72
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Where's Araragi?

another question? Senjougahara bisexual? lol
Old 2013-07-19, 03:51   Link #73
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

So much Hanekawa x Hitagi this episode! Not that I'm complaining though Man, that shower scene
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 09:54   Link #74
J4n1

Loving it, missing Araragi, but other than that, loving it.
First two episodes actually made me go read the light novel, and still pumped at waiting for the rest of the episodes.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 12:59   Link #75
Haiprbim
Banned

Well, this was mainly an extension of the story from the first episode, which is yet again, excellently shown.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 02:52   Link #76
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I guess I managed to catch what the food-and-love analogy actually meant:

Quote:
Hitagi realizes that Tsubasa is the type of person who refuses to add any seasoning to the dishes she eat or prepare...

...and a person who refuses to fix something even if it is undesirable.
That also means that we can no longer take Tsubasa's words for granted.
Hitagi determining what she wanted to know through cooking is totally brilliant.

That said, I actually like Tsubasa with her braids. In the aspect of fetishes, her physical appearance are greater than the some of its parts. The thing with short-haired Tsubasa is that she's no longer in the uniform she always wears. :3
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 04:31   Link #77
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
That said, I actually like Tsubasa with her braids. In the aspect of fetishes, her physical appearance are greater than the some of its parts. The thing with short-haired Tsubasa is that she's no longer in the uniform she always wears. :3
The way they portrayed it, she doesn't appear to own any casual clothes. A rare case where the character does wear the same things every day, and it is actually canon.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:46   Link #78
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Considering her character, she thinks that owning more clothes is not needed since she already owns her uniform. That said, damn. Of all the underwear she chose to wear, it's the one with so much lace on it. It's mind-boggling.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 11:47   Link #79
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Considering her character, she thinks that owning more clothes is not needed since she already owns her uniform. That said, damn. Of all the underwear she chose to wear, it's the one with so much lace on it. It's mind-boggling.
It's how she expresses her individuality.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote