AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-08-23, 12:16   Link #141
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviachan
What happened to the second Tokimeki memorial ova? Will it ever be fansubbed?
Yes. It's being worked on... ever so slowly...

You do mean the '99 OVAs titled Forever With You, right?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 18:00   Link #142
Greenish Growth

Quote:
What happened to the second Tokimeki memorial ova? Will it ever be fansubbed?
The second OVA was fansubbed July 2003. We talked about it slightly here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...light=tokimeki

VKLL's webpage is still up, but he only distributes anime on VHS tape and DVD-R:

http://www.spots.ab.ca/~lamv/
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 15:17   Link #143
silviachan

Thank you for the info, but it's bad that you must buy a fansub or will never be able to see it...
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-26, 19:58   Link #144
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Thank you for the info, but it's bad that you must buy a fansub or will never be able to see it...
Umm... you used to have to pay for all fansubs. Only with the advent of digisubbing did this practice slow. Also, remember, you're not paying a large sum of money for the fansub. You're basically paying the cost of the copy (blank VHS or DVD) and the shipping.

Also, I doubt you'll never get to see it. The image shown on that site seems to be the cover for the first DVD of the Forever With You OVAs.
Old 2004-08-27, 23:43   Link #145
ichido reichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Umm... you used to have to pay for all fansubs. Only with the advent of digisubbing did this practice slow. Also, remember, you're not paying a large sum of money for the fansub. You're basically paying the cost of the copy (blank VHS or DVD) and the shipping.

Also, I doubt you'll never get to see it. The image shown on that site seems to be the cover for the first DVD of the Forever With You OVAs.
I let you know that some newbies freak out because when they got on anime, they never paid anything, and some people doesnt even lift a finger on the anime cause, it was an expensive hobby once (still is somehow) but that is one thing that bothers me a lot, anime leechers think everything they want subbed must be given to them for free (and not on money issue only)

what makes you an anime fan if you cannot take a small risk for something you want?
ichido reichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 10:21   Link #146
kuru

Quote:
I'll teach you something... There're many things in life you must buy or you will never be able to enjoy them.

As Mr. Paper has said, until a few years ago, unless you paid for tapes you wouldn't be able to see them, as there wasn't such a thing as digital fansubs or broadband to allow people to download them for free.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 11:07   Link #147
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
I'll teach you something... There're many things in life you must buy or you will never be able to enjoy them.

As Mr. Paper has said, until a few years ago, unless you paid for tapes you wouldn't be able to see them, as there wasn't such a thing as digital fansubs or broadband to allow people to download them for free.

Not to mention that if you wanted a quality recording in your fansub that you usually only had to pay tape plus shipping and handling someone had to buy the LD or pro-VHS from Japan and possibly have to pay for a translation. This wasn't free and the fansubber didn't charge you for it. So anyone complaining about paying tape plus postage needs to wake up and realize that the people who are providing the fansubs may have spent lots of money "giving it to them for free".

Words from an ancient fansubber.
Heibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 19:00   Link #148
silviachan

I'm not complaining about the subbers, they have the right to charge you with a honest price for their work; I only said that it's worth enough for me, considering that I'd buy one dvd only and the shipping charges would be very high, international payment and shipping times would be quite problematic, too.
Last thing, I think it's bad for a group to sub the first ova out of two only, living the series so uncomplete.
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 19:47   Link #149
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
I'm not complaining about the subbers, they have the right to charge you with a honest price for their work; I only said that it's worth enough for me, considering that I'd buy one dvd only and the shipping charges would be very high, international payment and shipping times would be quite problematic, too.
Last thing, I think it's bad for a group to sub the first ova out of two only, living the series so uncomplete.
What they're distro'ing seems to be the '99 OVAs titled Forever With You, it is only two episodes long.
Old 2004-08-29, 22:24   Link #150
Greenish Growth

Quote:
It looks like somebody else went and took the first episode VKLL did (off VHS tape) and converted it to the file form that most people have seen. The file conversion looks like it came from a tape because the quality isn't very high.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 12:29   Link #151
Tsukino Neko

Selfish fairy Mirumo de Pon and Pita ten from HnK.
Maybe the group that subs it got problems or something...
Gues i'll just have to wait. If Pita ten get license i will buy it.
Tsukino Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 13:35   Link #152
Shinonome
Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
2 shows at the top of my head- Keroro Gunso and Sensei no Ojikan Dead at ep 3 and 7 respectively T_T
Don't worry about Sensei no Ojikan (as for Seichi one's)
There was some encoding trouble (beside hardware failure ).And some translation issue as well.But it will be solved and soon you'll get your ep's .
Stay Tuned.

P.S. when troubles come they come in a lot ...(seems our host for forum and website is down as well) ...but come in our chan if you want more information
Shinonome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 00:36   Link #153
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Computer problems have been pretty rampant among us. Jasconius recently got a new computer, just to have a vicious tree take down his internet access after moving to a new place. I'm having motherboard problems, and one of our main timer's computer blew up (not literally, I hope).

PitaTen is currently stalled in favor of a few other projects that have been stalled for longer. Mirumo... well, someone who offered to translate more episodes for us seems to have disappeared, without leaving me contact information. The translator that was doing Mirumo for us has relocated to Japan for the JET program for the time being, and we don't really want to pressure him to do a whole lot when he just moved and is dealing with getting himself settled. If someone wants to offer translation assistance with Mirumo, they can come talk to me on our IRC channel or forum.
Old 2004-09-12, 01:32   Link #154
FQC0999
might be a rabbid monkey.

Smile

I'd love to see more episodes of "Mama is a 4th grader" subbed.

If more are released on BT, I'd seed them for quite a while (I've gotten Episode 1 up to a 9.3 share ratio, and the other two released eps to 4.7 and 4.0) Then again, I always upload more than I download when it concerns anime.
(As a side note: If they were on tapes, I'd probably buy the tapes.)

Last edited by FQC0999; 2004-09-12 at 02:58.
FQC0999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 14:42   Link #155
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FQC0999
I'd love to see more episodes of "Mama is a 4th grader" subbed.

If more are released on BT, I'd seed them for quite a while (I've gotten Episode 1 up to a 9.3 share ratio, and the other two released eps to 4.7 and 4.0) Then again, I always upload more than I download when it concerns anime.
(As a side note: If they were on tapes, I'd probably buy the tapes.)
Last I heard from the group doing Mama is a 4th Grader, they were having difficulties getting raws. If they get more they'll continue the series but it's a little hard to make a fansub when you don't have the episodes.
Old 2004-09-12, 16:33   Link #156
FQC0999
might be a rabbid monkey.

Ah, I see, thank you for the information.
FQC0999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 08:57   Link #157
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Just wondering since it's been a while since these titles was released- but is there anyone working on part 2 of Aoi Umi no Tristia and part 3 of Interlude?
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 10:47   Link #158
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Just wondering since it's been a while since these titles was released- but is there anyone working on part 2 of Aoi Umi no Tristia and part 3 of Interlude?
Interlude DVD 3 has been out since August 27th.
Aoi Umi no Tristia DVD 2 has been out since July 23rd.

As for people working on them, hopefully the people who did the first episodes of each.
Old 2004-09-14, 23:20   Link #159
DarkPaladin56
Wandering Typesetter

Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002 seems to be stalled a bit
i was getting addicted to that anime too
DarkPaladin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 07:53   Link #160
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

same for ayatsuri sakon. it seems that Seichi fansub dropped that one, ttaku...
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote