AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-06, 15:22   Link #1
Elat

Gaara's Shield

So far Sasuke and Lee were fast enough to bypass it. If they're around chuunin lvl, would any chuunin and Jounin be able to the same...?
Elat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:27   Link #2
FireBorn

You'd think so..
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:31   Link #3
Milliniar
otaku

i wouldn't say any chuunin shika couldn't. you have to remember tehy are fast genin. i'd say faster than most chuunin and probably some jounin as speed and taijutsu skill aren't necessary to become chuunin, and maybe not even to become jounin.
Milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 15:40   Link #4
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Maybe some chuunin that specializes in Taijutsu can get past it, but probably 90% of the chuunins wouldn't be able to get through with speed. Maybe there's someone with enough power to plow through his shield.

Gaara does kick major ass though.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 16:12   Link #5
Mezu
The Guardian

Kanmuri (the guy who attacked Gaara when he was a kid) was most likely a jounin and possibly a chuunin. He couldn't stop Gaara's sand when Gaara didn't have full control over it, so I am guessing that onl ppl with extreme speed like Sasuke, Gai, Lee etc. can pass the Shield of Sand.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 17:19   Link #6
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think your average Chuunin wouldn't be able to touch Gaara, but as for Jounins... I think it depends in part on their abilities. A taijutsu focused Jounin like Asuma might be fast enough to get past the sand(whether or not the sand will speed up as Gaara improves is anybody's guess). And someone with extreme hitting power could break through it. More balanced Jounins, however, might not have enough of either to lay a finger on Gaara. We haven't really seen much ninjutsu or any genjutsu used against him, so it's unclear how many other ways there are to beat him.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 17:29   Link #7
Ponko

Are we suppose to assume that the average Sand Jounin sucks? You would think that one of their Jounin or Chuunin could have defeated Gaara as part of their assassination attempts if a bunch of Genins could. I mean, Lee, Sasuke and Naruto are talented, but there are Jounin who are far superior. Are Sand Jounin weaker than Leaf Genin?
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 17:30   Link #8
chhayalak
5 Star Epicure Hunter

Oh, off topic.... just heat up garaas sand and turn it into glass =)
chhayalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 17:50   Link #9
kboykb

Hah that's actually true ^^ If you want to bring physics into the naruto verse.. a super duper katon might be able to do that
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 17:50   Link #10
coash

the way they show off the genin in naruto you'd think neji can beat genma or asuma or the jounin that you don't see big skills from
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:45   Link #11
Red Gyl

My random guess is that the jounins of the other villages would focus more on other powers/skills/talents/whatever. After all, Taijutsu is underrated compared to Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. As far as whatever the test is for becoming a Jounin, if it's anything like the Chuunin exam, it's "anything goes": as long as it gets the job done, it doesn't matter what else you're lacking. Think about it: who passed the Chuunin exam, and who didn't?

So, there. It's possible that because there are so few Leaf ninjas, each individual Leaf ninja has to be good enough to compete with more than one of the other village ninjas, so Leaf people are more likely to develop their speed and raw physical strength.

That's my guess.
Red Gyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 20:21   Link #12
Elat

Wat bout Itachi, He seemed kinda slow running though when he was in the Frog throat thingy which was summoned by Jiryia. and wat bout Jirayia, Oro, Tsunade, and the 3rd?
Old 2004-12-06, 21:57   Link #13
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 22:50   Link #14
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboykb
Hah that's actually true ^^ If you want to bring physics into the naruto verse.. a super duper katon might be able to do that
That's why I thought that Sasuke would be able to beat Gaara right now in the manga (no spoilers allowed). You know what that form of his did to his Chidori, it could make his katon like that too.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 22:59   Link #15
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

id say the sand jounin not being able to kill gaara is a plot hole i mean really, there had to be some that were faster than lee and sasuke. and for whoever said itachi is slow, well no. remember sasuke charged at him full speed and itachi blocked the chidori like it was in slow motion then proceeded to kick sasuke's ass (YAY), itachi is not slow by any means. Id say the average jounin should be able to take out gaara possibly not though considering how his skills had improved in the manga.
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 23:50   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak
One problem with that. Gaara's sand isn't stationary when the sand protects him automatically. It's moving constantly and compare to Lee/Sasuke's speed the sand moves pretty fast also. Beside the sand has a high melting point, so It might take a while for Sasuke-kun to melt the sand with his katon. In the mean time, Gaara's hot sand will "grab" Sasuke-kun somewhere and will give him blister which in result will damage that fine complexion of his. As we know, Oro-sama has good taste when it comes to little boys and he sure will not like his boy with burnt complexion. Is that what you want? No need to answer.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 06:25   Link #17
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

We haven't seen enough genin-jounin action to be able to see whether there is an absolute speed difference or not. Your chakra pool seems to affect your speed (when Naruto gets Kyuubi chakra, he becomes faster), so theoretically any jounin should be faster than Sasuke and Lee. Of course, Lee will surely surpass them before he becomes jounin himself.
Old 2004-12-07, 07:06   Link #18
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Gyl
My random guess is that the jounins of the other villages would focus more on other powers/skills/talents/whatever. After all, Taijutsu is underrated compared to Ninjutsu and Genjutsu. As far as whatever the test is for becoming a Jounin, if it's anything like the Chuunin exam, it's "anything goes": as long as it gets the job done, it doesn't matter what else you're lacking. Think about it: who passed the Chuunin exam, and who didn't?
Huh? I don't think it is underrated at all. True, Rock Lee, who cannot do anything but Taijutsu was laughed at, but I'm sure someone who couldn't do anything but Genjutsu would be laughed at as well.

Quote:
So, there. It's possible that because there are so few Leaf ninjas, each individual Leaf ninja has to be good enough to compete with more than one of the other village ninjas, so Leaf people are more likely to develop their speed and raw physical strength.
Well, I don't think the Leaf is, or rather, was underpopulated. It definately does have way more ninja than the Sand, the Rain and other villages that competed in the Chuunin Exam. Besides, Konoha was said to be te strongest ninja village, you'd think it is the biggest as well.

As for the topic: I'd call it a plothole. Just what happend to the sand when Naruto attacked Gaara anyway?
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 07:07   Link #19
Deth moad ue

remember when the Sandman got turned to glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhayalak

in the Spiderman comics.......i think doc ock did it....and got ROYALLY messed up after...

I'd rather be attacked by a handful of sand than a few thousand shards of glass....
Deth moad ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 11:59   Link #20
Elat

So this is saying that Kazekage wasnt fast enough or good enough when he tried to assassinate him but sasuke and lee and naruto were??