AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-05, 15:10   Link #121
Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiko
Everyone's expecting light to be shed on how Sasuke obtained his Sharingan but if his intention was 6chapters then I can't see that happening now. The question now is whether the sole purpose was just to introduce Obito and flesh Kaki out more or could this Gaiden also serve as an introduction for a new villain/Akatsuki member with a big bad Stone Nin appearing by the end of it's run?
(do you mean kakashi and not sasuke ?)

The preview for this gaiden said something about the 'secret behind kakashi's sharingan' or something like that. We definitely will see how he got it. There's no point of starting this whole gaiden to just introduce one bad guy at the end-- that would be misleading.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 15:13   Link #122
hiko

Oops ta, will edit that. I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems that if Kakashi obtains Sharingan in this Gaiden then Kishimoto's commited a big continuity error (Oro mentioning Kaki didn't have Sharingan when he left the village and Oro left after Yondaime was either announced or anointed as the next hokage) so I just can't see it happening myself.
hiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 22:47   Link #123
zarkand

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems that if Kakashi obtains Sharingan in this Gaiden then Kishimoto's commited a big continuity error (Oro mentioning Kaki didn't have Sharingan when he left the village and Oro left after Yondaime was either announced or anointed as the next hokage) so I just can't see it happening myself.
Do we know when Yondaime was appointed Hokage? It could be that Yondaime was selected as Hokage after his performance at the front lines of the battle he went off too. As long as Orochimaru doesn't see Kakashi with his sharingan, thats not really much of an error. You could also think that Orochimaru found out about the 3rd's choice, and left before Yondaime came back from the mission he is on now. I assume we will see Yondaime again before this chapter is over.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:12   Link #124
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Oops ta, will edit that. I'm not 100% sure of this, but it seems that if Kakashi obtains Sharingan in this Gaiden then Kishimoto's commited a big continuity error (Oro mentioning Kaki didn't have Sharingan when he left the village and Oro left after Yondaime was either announced or anointed as the next hokage) so I just can't see it happening myself.
I also think Oro left the village before Kakashi received the sharingan, but my reasoning isnt the same as yours. In chapter 69, during Oro's and Kakashi's conversation, Oro mentioned Kakashi's having a sharingan, which came as a surprise to him. Judging from Kakashi's reaction, I assumed Oro wasnt in the village during the operation.

My question is, which chapter did Oro state that he wasnt in the village during that time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
I got good/bad news. For those who want this gaiden to last at least 12 chapters, it might be impossible. For those those who want this gaiden to end soon, it will be very possible. Kishimoto planned a 6 chapters for this gaiden. although it might extend a little bit if he can't finished it in six chapter. This might be good, if ypu remember Rurounin Kenshin the Sanosuke's gaiden, where Nobuhiro planned 4-6 chapters, and it took him like 12 -13 chapter in order to complete that gaiden.
Im going to take this as good news. The gaiden is pretty interesting, but I can hardly wait to see how much everyone has grown after three years, especially Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:46   Link #125
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Send a message via AIM to jubileerain
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
I also think Oro left the village before Kakashi received the sharingan, but my reasoning isnt the same as yours. In chapter 69, during Oro's and Kakashi's conversation, Oro mentioned Kakashi's having a sharingan, which came as a surprise to him. Judging from Kakashi's reaction, I assumed Oro wasnt in the village during the operation.

My question is, which chapter did Oro state that he wasnt in the village during that time?

Im going to take this as good news. The gaiden is pretty interesting, but I can hardly wait to see how much everyone has grown after three years, especially Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

I don't exactly remember which Volume (maybe 12 or 13), but it was during the Chuunin exam. Kakashi had just finished sealing Sasuke's curse seal & Oro appeared, saying how Kakashi just recently acquired the Sharingan. I guess he never really outright said whether he was in the village or not.

As for the Gaiden ending in 6 chapters. Since it's not official, I'm refusing to believe it. I'm addicted to the Gaiden. The story is just too good! As much as I want to see how everyone changed. (especially Sasuke, I wonder if Oro mutates him or something ) I want a thorough Kakashi story. I think it wouldn't end well if it was too short. It'd be rushed.
jubileerain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 00:01   Link #126
Zek
Eyebrows...

Kakashi seemed surprised that Oro knew about his Sharingan, so that implies that Oro never found out about it before, whether he was gone already or it was just kept secret. Oro says during his fight with Sarutobi that it's been over 10 years since he left the village. We don't necessarily know, however, that he was around for the Fourth's inauguration; all we know is that he was passed up for the position of Hokage and that probably in part inspired him to leave. I don't think it's ever been stated that Oro knew who was chosen in his place. My guess is that Oro was turned down for the position, but the Fourth had not yet been chosen when Oro left. My idea of the timeline:

Oro is rejected for Hokage > Oro leaves Konoha > Kakashi gets the Sharingan/the Fourth is inaugurated
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 01:43   Link #127
Last of the Uchiha

Irony.

Can you believe this shit? Many people where complaning that they wanted to see more of Kakashi's past, where he got his sharingan and who was Obito, not to mention a few other stuff, and when finally Kishimoto-san delivers it, people don't want this gaiden . WTF. All that bitching, and now you don't want it. I have only one thing to say to those people, this :fingers: by the way, but at the same time.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 02:45   Link #128
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileerain
I don't exactly remember which Volume (maybe 12 or 13), but it was during the Chuunin exam. Kakashi had just finished sealing Sasuke's curse seal & Oro appeared, saying how Kakashi just recently acquired the Sharingan. I guess he never really outright said whether he was in the village or not.
That's the chapter that lead me to believe Oro left before Kakashi was given the sharingan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of The Uchiha
Irony.

Can you believe this shit? Many people where complaning that they wanted to see more of Kakashi's past, where he got his sharingan and who was Obito, not to mention a few other stuff, and when finally Kishimoto-san delivers it, people don't want this gaiden . WTF. All that bitching, and now you don't want it. I have only one thing to say to those people, this by the way, but at the same time.
I think part of the reason why some people are less than enthused about the new gaiden, is because theyre more interested in seeing the changes the characters make after 3 years.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 02:58   Link #129
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Irony.

Can you believe this shit? Many people where complaning that they wanted to see more of Kakashi's past, where he got his sharingan and who was Obito, not to mention a few other stuff, and when finally Kishimoto-san delivers it, people don't want this gaiden . WTF. All that bitching, and now you don't want it. I have only one thing to say to those people, this :fingers: by the way, but at the same time.

I don't think that's what some people meant. You posted that the gaiden will end in 6 chapters. Some people are just saying that it's good news to them because they rather see the 2nd part of the series. It doesn't mean they don't like or want the Gaiden. They just want to see the 2nd part more.

As I have stated many times, if the Gaiden continues like this (lovable characters, cool jutsu, interesting plot, nice pacing, good art, & more Yondaime action), I hope it lasts for 2-3 volumes, or at least until Kyuubi appears. Muhahahahah

Besides, I'm starting to like snotty Kakashi, the loyal Obito & the smart, medical-nin Rin.

Maybe Kishimoto will show us some mercy & finally reveal Kakashi's full face, tan lines & all ^o^ But then again, it's probably one of those things that'll never happen. ::sigh:: One can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
That's the chapter that lead me to believe Oro left before Kakashi was given the sharingan.
I also assumed Oro left. I figure if he was present when Kakashi got the Sharingan, he'd steal it for himself! Or at least use Kakashi in his research . I'm pretty sure Kakashi's the only person who's been successful at keeping an Uchiha eyeball.
Old 2004-12-06, 06:29   Link #130
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
I don't think that's what some people meant. You posted that the gaiden will end in 6 chapters. Some people are just saying that it's good news to them because they rather see the 2nd part of the series. It doesn't mean they don't like or want the Gaiden. They just want to see the 2nd part more.

As I have stated many times, if the Gaiden continues like this (lovable characters, cool jutsu, interesting plot, nice pacing, good art, & more Yondaime action), I hope it lasts for 2-3 volumes, or at least until Kyuubi appears. Muhahahahah

Besides, I'm starting to like snotty Kakashi, the loyal Obito & the smart, medical-nin Rin.

Maybe Kishimoto will show us some mercy & finally reveal Kakashi's full face, tan lines & all ^o^ But then again, it's probably one of those things that'll never happen. ::sigh:: One can only hope.

I also assumed Oro left. I figure if he was present when Kakashi got the Sharingan, he'd steal it for himself! Or at least use Kakashi in his research . I'm pretty sure Kakashi's the only person who's been successful at keeping an Uchiha eyeball.
No offence, but why do you keep bolding names? ^^... I find it a bit annoying to read, but whatever floats your boat

I must say I'm not enjoying this mini-arc more then the flashbacks of Uchiha.. I hope it doesnt consume to much time, want to know what's going to happen in the "real" world.. ^^
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 11:09   Link #131
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:

You are starting to LIKE the "smart" Rin ? she had about 3 lines in the entire Gaiden.. plz.
Old 2004-12-06, 15:26   Link #132
Seiken

Send a message via MSN to Seiken
I never understood the whole bolding names thing either, but oh well Guess it's not really doing any harm.

Maybe this Gaiden will cover a few different points in time... eg: after this mission, it might jump a head another year or 2. After all, Kakashi's whole history (or at least the parts we want to know about) probably didn't all occur within a 2-3 day period. Sorry for time-skip within time-skip speculation
Seiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 16:48   Link #133
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiken
I never understood the whole bolding names thing either, but oh well Guess it's not really doing any harm.

Maybe this Gaiden will cover a few different points in time... eg: after this mission, it might jump a head another year or 2. After all, Kakashi's whole history (or at least the parts we want to know about) probably didn't all occur within a 2-3 day period. Sorry for time-skip within time-skip speculation
I don't think so. The situation we are in now seems perfectly fit for a big tradgedy, Not to mention the emphasis Kishimoto is putting on the difference between Obito and Kakashi and how eventually Kakashi will realize the truth behind Obito's words the hard way.
This ends this very mission.
Old 2004-12-06, 17:38   Link #134
jubileerain
manga psycho ^_^

I seem to be getting this more & more lately. The bolding of names is something I picked up from reading magazines. It actually makes it easier for me to read posts, or if I need to edit mine. I do it everywhere . But if it really annoys you guys, I'm sorry. I'll stop it.

Rin has to be smart to be a medical-nin. She's certainly no dummy. Tsunade mentioned that medical-nins were hard to come by because they have to have perfect chakra control, a brain capacity capable of storing tons of info, & something important. Since Rin's a medical-nin, I'm assuming she fulfills these requirements, & is smart.

Well, if the gaiden ends quickly, then I guess major timeskips are a possibility. I can't imagine Kishimoto cramming several years of Kakashi's life into 6 chapters without it.
Old 2004-12-06, 18:16   Link #135
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH TO BE MEAN TO KAKASHI-KUN!!!!!!! *glomps little kakashi* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Anko Plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:32   Link #136
Red Gyl

Since when has Kisimoto dude ever done anythine important in only 6 chapters? This mission/Obito's death (as I see it) is very important. Of course it'd be an injustice to cut it short.

My predictions of this storyline: Kakashi continues to the bridge alone, but it ends up being a trap, and he's captured. Obito saves Rin, and they find out Kakashi's in trouble and go to save him, too. Kakashi was probably tortured in the mean time, which is how he lost his eye, and Obito dies while succeeding in saving Kakashi (during which time his eyes miraculously develop, too). Rin implants one of Obito's eyes into Kakashi (though I'm not sure if it'd be at Obito's request or Kakashi's). The end. Later, Rin dies via Kyuubi.

Now to wait and watch all of my predictions get shot to pieces.
Red Gyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 18:55   Link #137
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Well, if the gaiden ends quickly, then I guess major timeskips are a possibility. I can't imagine Kishimoto cramming several years of Kakashi's life into 6 chapters without it.
Who said anything about years of Kakashi's life? All we know for sure is that this gaiden will show us how he got the Sharingan(and thus, Obito's death as well). There's still a good chance that he'll get it at the end of this mission and that's the end. I don't think anything besides that is really important to the plot, though more info about the Fourth would definitely go a long way.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 19:30   Link #138
Pabst
The Blue Ribbon

Send a message via AIM to Pabst
I'll agree that I was interested in Kakashi's past, but the timing of it all is fairly annoying. Huge cliffhanger... no wonder some people (myself included) are anxiously waiting for the next "real" chapter, as noted by others earlier.
Pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 19:32   Link #139
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Personally, I would have enjoyed this gaiden more if it was either quickly summarized in a chapter of the real naruto.... or if they continued to release the real naruto chapters along side it... as it stands now.. it is just getting in the way of what I want... which is to see Hinata and Naruto together.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 20:10   Link #140
AnimeFangirl

I'm enjoying the gaiden and I'm not in any particular hurry to get back to the main story. However I agree that the timing leaves a lot to be desired. They could have done it earlier on, perhaps between the Tsunade and Sasuke arcs, so that Kakashi is lying in bed remembering the past, etc. Right now most people just want to see what Naruto looks like in 3 years and what the Akatsuki is planning to do. Maybe Kishimoto can break up this gaiden into 2 parts, first part showing how Kakashi and Obito became friends and Kakashi started to change. Second part later on, showing Obito's death and how Kakashi got the sharingan.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote