AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-23, 15:06   Link #101
xizro345
King's Justice

I really don't get some reaction to this episode. I've yet to see it fully but it seems pretty "normal" ending
Having said that, I hardly doubt there is going to be another series (this has nothing to do with quality/screenplay/etc).
Old 2007-09-23, 15:06   Link #102
Mirificus

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from this episode yet it still felt underwhelming. For me, the most touching moment was when Auris paid her respects at Quint's grave.

Otherwise, I didn't feel any real attachment to the episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Regardless, the thought of Jail actually cooperating and getting rehab at an isolation center is... strange, even more so when Ginga's the one who's in charge of getting them familiar with society it seems.
Using Ginga to help those numbers with integration makes sense since she fought alongside them briefly. They are likely developed some kind of bond with her through shared experiences, which is more than can be said of any other TSAB member (3 and 7 respect Fate but they are in solitary confinement and presumably Fate is busy elsewhere).
Old 2007-09-23, 15:08   Link #103
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
which is what ive been saying all along for S4 >.>

idea for S4: lets have grown up vivio stepping into nanoha's shoes so she can befriend a whole new cast...that way me might even get S5 and S6...
That's a good idea. And the tittle will be (in my mind): Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Vivio ^^
Old 2007-09-23, 15:33   Link #104
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much from this episode yet it still felt underwhelming. For me, the most touching moment was when Auris paid her respects at Quint's grave.

Otherwise, I didn't feel any real attachment to the episode.

Using Ginga to help those numbers with integration makes sense since she fought alongside them briefly. They are likely developed some kind of bond with her through shared experiences, which is more than can be said of any other TSAB member (3 and 7 respect Fate but they are in solitary confinement and presumably Fate is busy elsewhere).
Not to mention she is a Type Zero along with Subaru
Old 2007-09-23, 15:33   Link #105
princesa_Ameria

Send a message via MSN to princesa_Ameria
Youtube Links Ep 26 COMPLETE!! ^^ [Only PM]
Old 2007-09-23, 15:33   Link #106
Thisguy
Negikamo

Incidentally...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-23, 15:48   Link #107
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM-Lisa View Post
That's a good idea. And the tittle will be (in my mind): Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Vivio ^^
With that cool outfit design someone made up? ^_^
Old 2007-09-23, 16:06   Link #108
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

IMO a nice ending
Very open for a 4th season
Old 2007-09-23, 16:50   Link #109
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
IMO a nice ending
Very open for a 4th season
Me thinks Nanoha will be like Gundam longterm wise.
Old 2007-09-23, 17:09   Link #110
Mirificus

The TSAB doesn't seem to use its manpower very efficiently. Just look at Alto and Vice. From what we've seen, Alto is the better combat pilot yet she was used as an easily replaced communications officer. Judging from episode 26, Vice is clearly the best sniper in the unit but instead of giving him psychological counseling, they used him as an average pilot.
Old 2007-09-23, 17:38   Link #111
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=352

Meh, it was an ending. I didn't really expect much from "everybody vs the giant unmanned inanimate spaceship" and well... *shrug*
Old 2007-09-23, 17:39   Link #112
aers
*Fansubber

This is all the text from the ending transcribed, if anyone was interested (or wants to translate parts). Shamelessly stolen from 2ch.

Spoiler for lots of japanese!:
Old 2007-09-23, 17:43   Link #113
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm starting what do people wanted to see in a series that pertains to the Mahou Shoujo genre so clearly that it pains. Maybe they should see a little more from the genre to see what they actually should expect from a series like this. Again, I wonder if this wasn't more a problem of people having their expectations to high rather than with the series itself...

Aw well, to each to his own
Old 2007-09-23, 17:50   Link #114
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
I'm starting what do people wanted to see in a series that pertains to the Mahou Shoujo genre so clearly that it pains. Maybe they should see a little more from the genre to see what they actually should expect from a series like this. Again, I wonder if this wasn't more a problem of people having their expectations to high rather than with the series itself...

Aw well, to each to his own
Somehow i doubt that universal, basic flaws like poor character development, pacing problems, nonsensical plot points, fragmented and anti climatic events, etc ... can suddenly be excused because of the genre. Storytelling in itself is not tied to any genre, thus any flaws within it can not be attributed to the genre either. Even if we ignore this - why do people like A's and generally find StrikerS flawed, if both are of this mysterious 'mahou shoujo' genre that is somehow supposed to bring forth poor directing of the show ?

It is fine to like a show despite its flaws, but there is no reason to accept these flaws without questions just because the show happens to fall in some specific genre (which has nothing to do with the production values of a show).
Old 2007-09-23, 18:18   Link #115
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Somehow i doubt that universal, basic flaws like poor character development, pacing problems, nonsensical plot points, fragmented and anti climatic events, etc ... can suddenly be excused because of the genre. Storytelling in itself is not tied to any genre, thus any flaws within it can not be attributed to the genre either. Even if we ignore this - why do people like A's and generally find StrikerS flawed, if both are of this mysterious 'mahou shoujo' genre that is somehow supposed to bring forth poor directing of the show ?

It is fine to like a show despite its flaws, but there is no reason to accept these flaws without questions just because the show happens to fall in some specific genre (which has nothing to do with the production values of a show).
While my comments was more directed towards those expecting obscure plot twists, gruesome deaths, spectacular military manuevers and real life retributions for military mistakes, I attribute A's being liked for it being excellent rather than Striker's being bad. Don't misunderstand me though, I have been the first in many previous cases to accept that Striker's DOES have directing, pacing and plot focusing big flaws. However, it's not like that is anything earth shattering... rather that is rather characteristical of your average anime series. Which, in the end makes Striker's fall into the mediocre Anime realm, and it won't be ever remembered as the wanna-be younger sister of A's. However, that in itself doesn't mean that StrikerS is Bad. Just that it is average.That is the point I've been trying to make since 5 episodes above but everyone has been to busy bashing Vivio
Old 2007-09-23, 18:35   Link #116
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
And a nice ending to another great show!

But I do fee like Mirificus....

I wasn't expecting anything spec but the last ep was meh!

Seriously, OK, Fate pleaded with Nanoha not to overdo things and Nanoha had pretty much used up a lot of energy there but would it really have been that hard to break through a 50 or so cm wall?!!!!!

Hayate is like another version of Angra Mainyu. It would've been easy for her if indeed Nanoha couldn't do it!

And Fate!! Seriously, she had seconds to get away from a 'FALLING WALL'...plenty of time for someone with her speed and etc.....

Was there a need for the saving? Bah! I guess the trainees needed some spot light too!

And still we are left with our own conclusions about the Pairing of the main characters! As for me, I think everyone knows where I stand on this!

And slightly old Teana is HAWT! too!! - Just felt like mentioning it!

So, other people have moved on, marrying and making kids.(Referring to the Pilot Sniper)

But what about our favourite ladies?!!

Hopefully, there is another season, or we shall be enlightened in the Sound Stages and Manga! But I really don't trust that manga, it's waay off from the anime and Drama...But really, when has a manga been 100% parallel to the anime counterpart?!

And finally, I expected much lulz from Chaos-sama but...Where are you Mr.Chaos!!
Old 2007-09-23, 18:55   Link #117
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Haven't watched the ep. yet.

But did the Cinque mystery been found?
Old 2007-09-23, 18:58   Link #118
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Once again Nanoha is at an end and once again the usual will there be another season topic have started. I have to say I do not mind another season myself in the same universe, but with 80% of the current cast cut. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Vivio indeed .

What can I say about the ending, at least its not as bad as it could of have been. I think overall its a good wrap up all in all since given pacing of the show I'm surprised they wrapped that much up. Btw Demon Eyes as of the pairing of the mains I think everyone knows where I stand too

This is it for now, time to leave
Old 2007-09-23, 19:25   Link #119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Haven't watched the ep. yet.

But did the Cinque mystery been found?
Yeah, the mystery is that there isn't any mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Hayate is like another version of Angra Mainyu. It would've been easy for her if indeed Nanoha couldn't do it!
What? And people were still holding out to hope ?

Quote:
Was there a need for the saving? Bah! I guess the trainees needed some spot light too!
I don't care which faction I'm in, that rescue should not occur

Quote:
And still we are left with our own conclusions about the Pairing of the main characters! As for me, I think everyone knows where I stand on this!
No, really now ?

Quote:
So, other people have moved on, marrying and making kids.(Referring to the Pilot Sniper)
Hehhhh~ Nobody mentioned that before...

Quote:
But what about our favourite ladies?!!
For the sake of pointless fanservice, they would die young, beautiful, but single.

Quote:
Hopefully, there is another season, or we shall be enlightened in the Sound Stages and Manga! But I really don't trust that manga, it's waay off from the anime and Drama...But really, when has a manga been 100% parallel to the anime counterpart?!
When it was made to tell the gaps of the Anime... But yeah, so much for that promise.

Quote:
And finally, I expected much lulz from Chaos-sama but...Where are you Mr.Chaos!!

"Now you’ve really crossed the line,
Your hate for me is divine...
My love yearns for your suffer,
On your grave lurks my prosper!"
Old 2007-09-23, 19:43   Link #120
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Wait..Wait a sec Chaos!!!*Sweats*

Thid wasn't meant in a negative way!

I was actually scared that you would @IT the nail with 'that' scene!

Seriously!

No lines to be crossed here...Na ahn!

>>For the sake of pointless fanservice, they would die young, beautiful, but single.

I won't allow it!

Die single?!!!

MADNESS!!!

This ain't Sparta!

On the other hand, (Again, not directed at Chaos-sama) does anyone else here think that there might actually be a YuunoxAlf in the anime-verse?!

Now that I think about it, there were signs all over from the previous seasons too...Hmm...All this thinking and the end of StrikerS makes me wanna go for yt another round from the beginning and re-watch again and again until the next season comes out!
Closed Thread