AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 67 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 96 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 58 21.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 9.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 5.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-11, 07:35   Link #321
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That's neither here nor there. She was right, even if she was behaving like a diva. They might have provoked more than a little spectacle - I mean, Sheryl could easily have plummeted to her death, right then and there... now, that would be a terrible development.

Old 2008-11-12, 08:32   Link #322
Shakir

Lawl, alright alright! I get how she was right. It was just that y'know, I kinda raised eyebrows and I had thought she was being an idiot. Looking back now (deep thoughts), you guys are right. It was the right judgement for her to tell off Alto (who nearly screwed up the concert for that crappy corkscrew).

However, the amateurishness was a blessing in disguise however. If Alto never nearly screwed up the show, the two might never have developed a relationship. (somewhat tho. I can't tell if Alto prefers the girls or that dang sky he loves so much)

And btw, I'm okay with the truth, no matter how cold. It was just a moment of .. immaturity, to say the least?
Old 2008-11-13, 12:26   Link #323
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Finished watching the final episode at 1 A.M in the morning and I'm not sleepy at all, can't sleep!

Voted Perfect 10
The action and drama of the last episode, all the secrets revealed plus the songs. It's just all so good!
Old 2008-11-13, 12:53   Link #324
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I take it you didn't mind the "non resolution" of the triangle, then? Good for you!

Old 2008-11-14, 05:13   Link #325
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I don't mind at all, it's fine with me whoever Alto chooses between Ranka and Sheryl.
Anyway, there will be a movie so perhaps the love triangle will be resolved there.

I've watched other emotional anime endings these past weeks but Macross Frontier's final episode simply put me in awe.
Can't complain about anything, except to hope that they produce the movie sooner.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-14 at 05:31.
Old 2008-11-14, 07:13   Link #326
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, I can't express how refreshing you sound, around these parts, Lido-kun. If only all fans could feel the same way...

Old 2008-11-14, 09:38   Link #327
Liddo-kun
is this so?

People would always have different opinions.

There are some things I didn't like on the first episodes... the extensive use of CG for example. Liked the CG later on though.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2008-11-14 at 10:02.
Old 2008-11-14, 10:52   Link #328
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Well, for me, personally, the first episode was the best animation the series ever had - apart from the mecha pr0n over the later episodes, that is. The settings, the characters, the transitions... everything was note perfect. The thing is, tho, the characters actually grew (and sometimes, even regressed) throughout the whole series. That's something you do not see everyday. That's what really made the series worthwhile for me.
Well, that and the mecha pr0n.
Okay, and the music.
And when I say characters, I mean mostly Sheryl. But you get my point, right?

Anyway, this was quite unique, in that it fits the overall universe setting so beautifully, in regards to the other series. So many homages and nods... too good, really.

Old 2008-11-16, 13:55   Link #329
skyline^

I gave an 8 only because of the eps 1-14 which were great. After that it went downhill...
The main problem was that it failed hard on the whole concept. I knew from the beginning it will very hard for them to make the "music having influence on the enemy" motive interesting but still i expected something more. And ep25 was one of the worse ep in the whole series.

After thinking about it, i thought for a second that 8 is also too high... but whatever...
Old 2008-11-16, 14:12   Link #330
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline^ View Post
I gave an 8 only because of the eps 1-14 which were great. After that it went downhill...
The main problem was that it failed hard on the whole concept. I knew from the beginning it will very hard for them to make the "music having influence on the enemy" motive interesting but still i expected something more. And ep25 was one of the worse ep in the whole series.

After thinking about it, i thought for a second that 8 is also too high... but whatever...
Oooh, sounds like he does not know Macross very well, that and he bad mouthed the music and episode 25. There remains but one option:

Comrades, pick him apart!

- Tak (On the other hand, yes, the last 5 minutes of Ep 25 was utter failure )

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-16, 14:57   Link #331
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Nah, he's entitled to his own opinion (however misguided it may be). Simply, it seems that the whole of Macross isn't for him. Well, it can't please everyone.

Old 2008-11-16, 15:19   Link #332
skyline^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oooh, sounds like he does not know Macross very well, that and he bad mouthed the music and episode 25. There remains but one option:

- Tak (On the other hand, yes, the last 5 minutes of Ep 25 was utter failure )
ok, i admit i havent saw any of previous macross' but this one wont make me check out the others.
I watched it only because of the ratings it has.
Secondly i have nothing against the music (which i liked) but merely the idea that by singing you change how the enemy fights. I find it stupid and of course you can think diffrently...
Old 2008-11-16, 15:36   Link #333
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Talking

Quote:
Secondly i have nothing against the music (which i liked) but merely the idea that by singing you change how the enemy fights. I find it stupid and of course you can think diffrently...
Yeah, you just referred to most of the fans of the series as stupid - seeing as that point is basically how the Macross universe unfolded. But hey, to each his own.

Old 2008-11-16, 15:52   Link #334
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, you just referred to most of the fans of the series as stupid - seeing as that point is basically how the Macross universe unfolded. But hey, to each his own.
he was just refering to the series lol. I am sure he didn't refer it to the fans. Don't be too sensitive
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2008-11-16, 15:54   Link #335
skyline^

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, you just referred to most of the fans of the series as stupid
i did not ...
Old 2008-11-16, 16:19   Link #336
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Without the music, really, the emphasis on humanity and mutual acceptance of differences, Macross would have been just another mecha show (and Gundam took hold of that long ago), with its only innovation as having transformable mecha. I find it unfortunate that you cannot appreciate the series as we did, although the music did not really change how the enemy fights. Instead, it made them aware of the individualism or differences to the species known as human beings. How could that be a bad concept? I don't know.

- Tak (Its one of the founding parents of modern real-robot shows for a good reason)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-11-16, 18:40   Link #337
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
he was just refering to the series lol. I am sure he didn't refer it to the fans. Don't be too sensitive
Hmm... not to put too fine a point on it, but when you refer to the single most unique point of a series - and one with quite a number of faithful followers, at that - as stupid, it is tantamount to calling them stupid by association, since they like it. Not really much of a leap of logic, there - and I'm not really sensitive about these things, either. Notice I'm responding quite reasonably to his post and to yours.

So, quit your whining, will ya? I'm not even responding to your shipping bait posts anymore, so there's no need to continue haggling me.

And skyline^, if that was not your intention, that's okay, but take notice that it could be interpreted just so, as I put in response to the other poster's point. So, do try to be a little nicer in the future, as you could offend people real easily over the internet, when we can't see your facial expression and notice if you're being playful or serious.

Old 2008-11-16, 20:43   Link #338
Father Hentai

Quote:
from all mecha series this makes macross unique and very special. if you find it stupid it's your opininion but you will gladly miss the flair and the magic of macross. macross is not all about war in epic mecha prons.

it is also about to bring people, races and/or factions together by one (or more) song(s). the source to bring these together is by song. it is also about crazy love constellations in a time where war is around you.
Old 2008-11-17, 04:46   Link #339
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
from all mecha series this makes macross unique and very special. if you find it stupid it's your opininion but you will gladly miss the flair and the magic of macross. macross is not all about war in epic mecha prons.

it is also about to bring people, races and/or factions together by one (or more) song(s). the source to bring these together is by song. it is also about crazy love constellations in a time where war is around you.
The use of songs actually put Macross on top as my most favourite mecha series.

Just to give an example, on episode 24 when Ranka sang (the Vajra's nerve network or whatever that's called amplifying Ranka's song in return) to encourage a Vajra counterattack against the Frontier forces, it was quite a spectacle for me.

Another thing I liked about Macross is the concept of alien races interacting with humans like the Zentradi and the Vajra. Over the years I somehow grew tired of mecha series where it's just humans making war with each other. No offence to Gundam fans here.
Old 2008-11-17, 06:38   Link #340
mechabao

Quote:
ok, i admit i havent saw any of previous macross' but this one wont make me check out the others.
I watched it only because of the ratings it has.
The simplest way to define Macross: Mecha + Music + Love Story
Closed Thread