AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 20:54   Link #5401
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

lol I just read the new chapter, and I gotta say, girls should never be forced to be assassians, They lack the mental Stabability and sometimes end up like that chick or the girls from MGS4.

Also I have no doubt now that Their dad is the leader.
Old 2008-11-13, 21:13   Link #5402
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Not really, girls make the perfect assassin in my book. Guys make better soldiers though. Girls have a way of approaching a fight that most guys just don't have. Guys tend to want to absolutely crush all their opposition, grinding them into dust to be scattered on the winds... Girls want the same effect, but they don't want to be all grunting and sweaty to do it So, attacking the known weak points, leaving their targets in one piece but with no clue as to how they died...
Old 2008-11-13, 21:51   Link #5403
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not really, girls make the perfect assassin in my book. Guys make better soldiers though. Girls have a way of approaching a fight that most guys just don't have. Guys tend to want to absolutely crush all their opposition, grinding them into dust to be scattered on the winds... Girls want the same effect, but they don't want to be all grunting and sweaty to do it So, attacking the known weak points, leaving their targets in one piece but with no clue as to how they died...
Yea I'm sure thats called Ninja, guys can do that too. You make it seem like us guys are Brutes.... I was just sayin Girls snap easyer than guys, its a fact not sexist or anything else. This New sister reminds me of Crying Wolf from MGS4...
Old 2008-11-13, 21:56   Link #5404
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yea I'm sure thats called Ninja, guys can do that too. You make it seem like us guys are Brutes.... I was just sayin Girls snap easyer than guys, its a fact not sexist or anything else. This New sister reminds me of Crying Wolf from MGS4...
It all balances out though. The guys do the hard sweaty brawling work, and when they've weakened their opponents the girls can slip in and finish the opponent off in more subtle ways.

Not to be mean, but guys tend to have an honor code when it comes to fighting. Girls just go right for the weakest point.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:03   Link #5405
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

u got it on the button there Radiant ^_^

Samurai FTW "My Blade is my Pride!"

Unless the world was indanger I would never fight dirty with using a Genders Special weaknessess >_> I know a few girls who always say "Kick him in the balls!" XD
Old 2008-11-13, 22:31   Link #5406
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Is it Kalua or Karua? Because the spelling of her name seems to have changed over the course of this page.
Karua or Kalua-onee-chan???

Kahlúa - is a well known Mexican coffee-flavored liqueur. It is heavy and sweet, with a distinct taste of coffee, from which it is made. Kahlua also contains sugar, corn syrup, vanilla bean, and Vodka.

I'd go for the L, not unless the translators of the manga has other things in mind.
Old 2008-11-13, 22:43   Link #5407
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Kalua=Karua in Japanese. However, we're switching to the l because it keeps with the pattern of the vamp sisters being named after drinks

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 22:59   Link #5408
dosetsu

The correct 'english' version would be Kahlua.

As for Moka still searching for her mother, I doubt that, as the translation where it said she was searching was wrong itself. Not only that, that particular page was the only time were it was mentioned she that was too.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:05   Link #5409
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Which is why the next chapter or so, should they cover this, will either make or break one of the theories out there

also, the correct english version would also be Mocha and Cocoa, but obviously we're sticking with the Japanese version with all the sisters

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 23:26   Link #5410
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

either their dad or mom drinks a lot of coffie XD
Old 2008-11-13, 23:42   Link #5411
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

Quote:
either their dad or mom drinks a lot of coffie XD
So does that mean that Moka's dad is really this guy?
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 00:08   Link #5412
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I beg to differ, but in a sense if in R+V the parents namely mothers are similar to the daughters Mizore and Ageha and Tsukune is similar to mom in appearance with Daddy's body except in vamp mode, Moka's dad might look similar to Tsukune with more GAR.

Old 2008-11-14, 02:49   Link #5413
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
u got it on the button there Radiant ^_^

Samurai FTW "My Blade is my Pride!"

Unless the world was indanger I would never fight dirty with using a Genders Special weaknessess >_> I know a few girls who always say "Kick him in the balls!" XD
To be fair, you can do a similar thing to girls, but it is more dangerous for them than for men.

Quote:

That I can say about that:

In Eoin Colfer´s Books it is always stated that the most of the best assassines are women, but I have no idea, if he just made this up.

Fact is, that there are more famous male assassines in history than female ones...
On the other hand this could just mean that women can conceal their assassinations better!

But that women can also become terribly cruel shows the example of Elizabeth Báthory...
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 07:56   Link #5414
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Karua or Kalua-onee-chan???

Kahlúa - is a well known Mexican coffee-flavored liqueur. It is heavy and sweet, with a distinct taste of coffee, from which it is made. Kahlua also contains sugar, corn syrup, vanilla bean, and Vodka.

I'd go for the L, not unless the translators of the manga has other things in mind.
That sounds like the newest sister alright - sweet yet strong. Not that I've tasted her or anything.... -.-; ...

And I know the identity of the father: Juan Valdez

Okay, got my sillies out of the way for the rest of the day...I think.
Old 2008-11-14, 08:04   Link #5415
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
To be fair, you can do a similar thing to girls, but it is more dangerous for them than for men.

That I can say about that:

In Eoin Colfer´s Books it is always stated that the most of the best assassines are women, but I have no idea, if he just made this up.

Fact is, that there are more famous male assassines in history than female ones...
On the other hand this could just mean that women can conceal their assassinations better!

But that women can also become terribly cruel shows the example of Elizabeth Báthory...
Samurai > Ninja anyday

anyways, this new sister bugs me.. with her Crying and her Retardedness/clumsyness
Old 2008-11-14, 08:48   Link #5416
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
That sounds like the newest sister alright - sweet yet strong. Not that I've tasted her or anything.... -.-; ...

And I know the identity of the father: Juan Valdez

Okay, got my sillies out of the way for the rest of the day...I think.
LOL!!!

No wonder Mizore loses to Moka she's ice and she's cool while Moka cafe is hot.

Mizore Moka vid x Tsukune.

Why are some Mizore vids she's always heart broken.
Oh well gotta love the underdogs.
Old 2008-11-14, 11:57   Link #5417
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

shes heart broken because tsukune pa ys more attention to moka. any girl would if she shares a crush with someone else and that guy pays more attention to the other girl.
Old 2008-11-14, 12:30   Link #5418
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

And you gotta know alot of those Mizore vids are made by girls too. No wonder Mizore is popular even girls can relate to her situation. Though at times she gets aggressive like in the bathroom manga/anime chapter where she freezes yet again Tsukune. Hmm...first ever girl I've seen that real girls can relate too in more ways than one.

Anyways back to the chapters she's injured along with Kurumu and the others...wonder how will this affect the latest chapter, but Iam stating the obvious since it's always Moka and Tsukune that finishes off the baddie or can they?

Damn ORGANIZATION!!!
Old 2008-11-14, 12:58   Link #5419
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Samurai > Ninja anyday

anyways, this new sister bugs me.. with her Crying and her Retardedness/clumsyness
Sometimes Samurais were Ninjas, too...
Well, real life is a game and the first rule is "There aren´t any rules!"
Samuari and Ninja were not some character classes!

And yes, Kalua is really disturbing! I can understand, why Kokoa finds her creepy.

I think, it makes it difficult to predict Kalua´s next move.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 14:28   Link #5420
Spags
Computer Programmer

Send a message via AIM to Spags Send a message via MSN to Spags
That is a hard thing to debate, in a sense of fighting skill, samurai yes are better than ninja's however the fact still remains that ninja's usually defeated samurai. And its not because of skill but because of fighting technique and style. Ninja's weren't bound by rules/honor to fight in such a manor that samurai deemed necessary. Therefore ninja's used very dirty and underhanded tactics to their advantage which in the end usually meant them victorious over the samurai.

"You have your way, I have my way, as for the right way, the correct way, it does not exists."
Spags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire