AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-14, 14:38   Link #5421
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spags View Post
That is a hard thing to debate, in a sense of fighting skill, samurai yes are better than ninja's however the fact still remains that ninja's usually defeated samurai. And its not because of skill but because of fighting technique and style. Ninja's weren't bound by rules/honor to fight in such a manor that samurai deemed necessary. Therefore ninja's used very dirty and underhanded tactics to their advantage which in the end usually meant them victorious over the samurai.
Plus, a ninja could think of just about anything as a weapon.
Could you actually take a man fighting you with a pair of hedge-clippers against your katana seriously? No, and that is where you've made your first mistake...
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 14:41   Link #5422
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
And yes, Kalua is really disturbing! I can understand, why Kokoa finds her creepy.

I think, it makes it difficult to predict Kaluaīs next move.
That girl... is pretty refreshing in my view.
It's obvious that she loves her sisters, but whatever this organization of hers is doing, she clearly believes in it enough to hold it in higher regards to their lives. That says something(coughfundamentalistscough).

Honestly, the real important thing about Karua so far isn't so much her character but just how this organization is influencing her. If they can make someone like that turn so readily against her family, then they are either incredibly charismatic or they have one hell of a trump card over her...

Hopefully it's the first, the second is a little over-played in my mind.
Old 2008-11-14, 14:53   Link #5423
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Kalua didn't seem as though she was fighting to kill them outright, merely to do them enough damage so that they won't oppose her. Against lesser foes, those attacks could certainly have killed them on the spot. Kurumu won't die - she's taken some of Moka's hits and coupled with Gin's training, she should be okay as long as she doesn't get hit like that again. The one I'm really worried about being hit is Yukari-chan.
Old 2008-11-14, 15:23   Link #5424
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ruby will be fine she got 3 hits elbow, kicked and slamed to the poll. Ouch 3 hit combo there. Yuakri punched unconscious, Kurumu badly bleeding from the head, Mizore finger stabbed from the side all is left as usual the 2 main characters Moka and Tsukune GAR mode.
Old 2008-11-14, 16:55   Link #5425
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Kalua didn't seem as though she was fighting to kill them outright, merely to do them enough damage so that they won't oppose her. Against lesser foes, those attacks could certainly have killed them on the spot. Kurumu won't die - she's taken some of Moka's hits and coupled with Gin's training, she should be okay as long as she doesn't get hit like that again. The one I'm really worried about being hit is Yukari-chan.
That's all in perspective, we can't be sure exactly what she was prepared to do before Moka interferred in those last few panels, she could have been ready to stomp one of their heads in...

But I'll leave that alone because there is just something I have been dying to play around with.
Sorry if this was discussed already, but has anyone taken notice of Karua's earrings? Giant crosses...
Does anyone think there's any.. "bulk" to that little detail?

Oh, and as for Yukari, I wouldn't worry much about it, this is shounen manga, the lead characters wouldn't die offscreen like that.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2008-11-14 at 16:56. Reason: Just an add-on
Old 2008-11-14, 17:01   Link #5426
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think the crosses are the ones controlling her via Jack Frost from a long time ago when she was young if papa and the mama's are involved with the ORGANIZATION.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:08   Link #5427
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I think the crosses are the ones controlling her via Jack Frost from a long time ago when she was young if papa and the mama's are involved with the ORGANIZATION.
The parental involvement idea is interesting too, Kokoa and Moka unknowing opposing their families as such.
Again though, it's over-done but I suppose no matter how many times I say that it'll never be enough to make the world delve into new ideas...

Mind control through the crosses huh?
I had the same theory for a while, it's still floatin' about in my bay of consciousness... oh no, a shark!
Old 2008-11-14, 17:10   Link #5428
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Plus, a ninja could think of just about anything as a weapon.
Could you actually take a man fighting you with a pair of hedge-clippers against your katana seriously? No, and that is where you've made your first mistake...
Offtopic:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Honestly, the real important thing about Karua so far isn't so much her character but just how this organization is influencing her. If they can make someone like that turn so readily against her family, then they are either incredibly charismatic or they have one hell of a trump card over her...

Hopefully it's the first, the second is a little over-played in my mind.

So the whole point of this fight is: Can Reverse Moka and Moka break the influence of the organisation and bring Karua to her senses?
Or will Mr. SoB avert this!?
(I really donīt think, he is so weak...)
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:15   Link #5429
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
That's all in perspective, we can't be sure exactly what she was prepared to do before Moka interferred in those last few panels, she could have been ready to stomp one of their heads in...

But I'll leave that alone because there is just something I have been dying to play around with.
Sorry if this was discussed already, but has anyone taken notice of Karua's earrings? Giant crosses...
Does anyone think there's any.. "bulk" to that little detail?

Oh, and as for Yukari, I wouldn't worry much about it, this is shounen manga, the lead characters wouldn't die offscreen like that.
I Hope Moka and Tsukune Double team her for what she did.

"What a Foolish girl, Fighting but not wanting too...If you wish not to fight, then DON'T! You're a Vampire for Cryin out loud, You should NEVER fight when someone tells you too for no reason" (Says Kyero half dead on the floor with his right arm cut off)
Old 2008-11-14, 17:24   Link #5430
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
So the whole point of this fight is: Can Reverse Moka and Moka break the influence of the organisation and bring Karua to her senses?
Or will Mr. SoB avert this!?
(I really donīt think, he is so weak...)
Not even, this fight is more or less a way of setting up the head of Fairy Tale. If he's got someone like Karua in his left pocket, I'd imagine whoever is in charge to be one frighteningly strong individual... or the greatest armchair villain in history(step aside Kingpin, step aside...)

Don't count Mr. SoB out yet, shounen has a nasty way of coming back on you at odd times.
Of course, this is coming from a One Piece fan so... maybe I should just set my bar of expectation a little lower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I Hope Moka and Tsukune Double team her for what she did.

"What a Foolish girl, Fighting but not wanting too...If you wish not to fight, then DON'T! You're a Vampire for Cryin out loud, You should NEVER fight when someone tells you too for no reason" (Says Kyero half dead on the floor with his right arm cut off)
Heh, funny aren't you?
Still, the fact that she doesn't want o fight but is doing it any way is another nod towards my point above: whatever these people are striving towards she is about as on-board as you could get...

Unless she's some type of freelance mercenary which would really freak the hell out of me.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:36   Link #5431
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone think that Mizore might somewhat help out? I mean she's the only one still conscious other than Moka and Tsukune.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:42   Link #5432
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Anyone think that Mizore might somewhat help out? I mean she's the only one still conscious other than Moka and Tsukune.
Now that you mention it...
Oh damn, I really hope sHe doesn't end the battle prematurely by offering up herself as a willing hostage.
Then again, with the current state Karua is in, speaking up might just be a one way ticket to a swift beat-down...

Hmm, I honestly have no idea where the plot could go from here, at leat no where for it to go not to sound like a half-assed fan comic.
It's almost as bad as AIKI...
Old 2008-11-14, 17:45   Link #5433
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Now that you mention it...
Oh damn, I really hope sHe doesn't end the battle prematurely by offering up herself as a willing hostage.
Then again, with the current state Karua is in, speaking up might just be a one way ticket to a swift beat-down...

Hmm, I honestly have no idea where the plot could go from here, at leat no where for it to go not to sound like a half-assed fan comic.
It's almost as bad as AIKI...
This is why I LOVE R+V, the plot is so unpredictable. unlike some of the Massively Popular ones... *cough*bleachnaruto*cough*
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 17:50   Link #5434
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
This is why I LOVE R+V, the plot is so unpredictable. unlike some of the Massively Popular ones... *cough*bleachnaruto*cough*
LOL!!! was gonna say the same things though I'd mention animes and manga's nearer to the genre of R+V.

No Mizore don't give yourself up! Fight along with Tsukune and Moka. Or another thing the resilient Ruby might get up and do a magical spell to seal Jack frost and ther others. Gotta give Ruby air time too.
Old 2008-11-14, 17:57   Link #5435
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
OF COURSE!

If I think again, Yuki Onna canīt just create ice, they also can melt it, right? (At least, she could set this two guys free)

Premised the entire castle is made from ice, Mizore could actually make some great damage against vampires at this place!

Quote:
Naruto is pretty unpredictable, too,... but in a bad sense!

EDIT: Jack Frost is not an enemy... He just made the prophecies for the snowpriesteress. I think he has nothing to do with the Organization (I CAN NOT SAY THIS NAME! IT DOESN`T WORK!)
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 18:01   Link #5436
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Exactly why I'm a One Piece fan...

At any rate though... any ideas on who could be the head of Fairy Tale?

I just had this thought, I'm fairly sure there are three figures in charge of the portal between theworld of Youki and that of the Humans. The Exorcist is already one, it's highly possible the Bus Driver is the other, but who could be the third?

See where I'm going?
Old 2008-11-14, 18:06   Link #5437
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
OF COURSE!

If I think again, Yuki Onna canīt just create ice, they also can melt it, right? (At least, she could set this two guys free)

Premised the entire castle is made from ice, Mizore could actually make some great damage against vampires at this place!
Well, the thing is, ice powers are hard to classify.
If you say someone can control ice, that's one thing. If you say they can freeze things, then you enter an entirely different realm of possibilities.
As of right now, Mizore seems to lean towards the latter and that makes her potentially very lethal...
Old 2008-11-14, 18:12   Link #5438
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
EDIT: Jack Frost is not an enemy... He just made the prophecies for the snowpriesteress. I think he has nothing to do with the Organization (I CAN NOT SAY THIS NAME! IT DOESN`T WORK!)
But I love Fairy Tale! It just sounds so cute!
Lolz, watch their leader be a guy named Grimm McGee...

Jack Frost...
That whole segment was just out there; I was honestly waiting for the Ghost Busters to barge in.
I've no idea what his allegence may be, but the guy is clearly bad news.
I mean, he splurged himself out of a woman's mouth for god's sake!
Old 2008-11-14, 18:30   Link #5439
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

dude, try not to Multi post and Fairy Tale sounds lame, I'd crack up in front of her when she mentions it.
Old 2008-11-14, 18:33   Link #5440
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'm not reading much into Jack Frost....0.o...He's just there as far as I'm concerned, I don't think he's got some sort of agenda to ally the Yuki Onna with Fairy Tail - I mean, what can he possibly get? A better-looking girl to inhabit???

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire