AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 21:20   Link #41
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well this was an interesting take on the first chapter of the manga and it had a few notable differences.

One was the fact that it just jumped straight to Komatsu meeting up with Toriko for the request about the ingredient, and they skipped over the scene where they the higher ups at his hotel were asking him to go and see Toriko. A second was the part where it showed the villain HQ in a short scene. We don't actually get to see the villains until quite a bit later in the manga. I'm sure there may be a few more but those are the two ones I noticed.

There wasn't really any blood either unlike the manga. Kind of odd but I s'pose it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Of course I expected the anime to deliver much more intense action scenes, and it certainly didn't disappoint there. Toriko's Fork and Knife is a very interesting fighting style.

I can't say I'm too fond of the OP song, but it's nice to hear for once a theme that's actually MEANT to be for an anime, rather than some song you could hear on someone's album. I liked the ED, but judging from the lyrics it almost seems like a rejected song for One Piece so they stuck it in Toriko, which I wouldn't be surprised about really since Toriko and One Piece are both by Toei.

All in all, it was an entertaining enough episode, but manga readers will definitely notice the differences.

What's the purpose of the woman in the pink suit though? I saw her do a episode recap at the end after the ED but she never appears in the manga. I guess they just created her for the anime?
Old 2011-04-11, 23:06   Link #42
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, loving the little changes they put in. This was a good way to start it off.

Listing off the 'ingredients' at the end is a cool idea too, Toriko's world is full of them so its nice to be reminded of the variety.

I really hope this show gets animated far enough that I can see Melk 2. Regardless, I'll be with it all the way.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 06:23   Link #43
maxikki

I'm really loving the Toriko anime, but for some reason every time I watch or read toriko it makes me hungry. I want to eat a full menu. ^_^
maxikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 06:46   Link #44
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
this series brings a whole new meaning to "mouth watering" action after Cooking Master boy & Yakitate! Japan
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 10:35   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
All in all, it was an entertaining enough episode, but manga readers will definitely notice the differences.
Tell me about it, the crocodile didn't even get sliced in two, never mind the blood splattering everywhere...Also noted when Komatsu says "the bleeding won't stop" and I'm like lolwutbleeding?
Quote:
What's the purpose of the woman in the pink suit though?
Existing :P

So, Toriko's kickoff! I'll admit that it's very awesome watching this animated, somehow I had the feeling that the episode went by really fast, so that's a good sign Hope this will run for a long time~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 14:42   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The first two chapters had pretty drawn out pacing, so i can't blame them for rushing the beginning events. It'll be a shame if that keeps happening, though this is a Toei adaptation so i doubt it will.

Glad the series is just as over the top as the manga. I'll keep watching.
Old 2011-04-12, 20:02   Link #47
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
this series brings a whole new meaning to "mouth watering" action after Cooking Master boy & Yakitate! Japan
I seen Cooking master boy, it was ok but my favoriute cooking anime/manga is Mr. Ajikko

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Ajikko

Also, from the preview it look like they will be done with Rainbow fruit in 1 episode, anyone felt they are rushing it a bit? For the blood and the knife thing during episodes 2, i think it has "something" to do with those crappy peta thingy.

Last edited by xellos2099; 2011-04-12 at 20:28.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 00:32   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Tell me about it, the crocodile didn't even get sliced in two, never mind the blood splattering everywhere...Also noted when Komatsu says "the bleeding won't stop" and I'm like lolwutbleeding?
Well after the collaboration episode I wasn't expecting much of that. I mean when a guy uses a move called "knife" you kind of expect him to cut through the creature and not just knock it around . It ended up in large slices so why bother pretending how it got to that point?

Also I was wondering what Komatsu was whining about when it didn't seem like he was bleeding at all anymore . Seems like they are definitely going to hold back on the violence which might make some scenes look pretty strange.
Old 2011-04-13, 03:48   Link #49
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Bear Grills... the anime. Toriko kills wild monsters with his bare hands and then eats them. Seriously punches them to death.

Been a while since I've seen some gold old fashioned anime w/ a raging meathead character that isn't in his teens.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 04:13   Link #50
paladinenvec

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikki View Post
I'm really loving the Toriko anime, but for some reason every time I watch or read toriko it makes me hungry. I want to eat a full menu. ^_^
Hehehe i agree with you when i was reading the manga i gained 3 pounds cause i got hungry lol... now with the anime i'm struggling again cause i do not want to eat too much
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 03:48   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This had to happen eventually.

FUNimation Entertainment to stream Toriko in North America
Old 2011-04-14, 10:49   Link #52
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I suppose this means Funimation obtained the licence and will be doing the dub as well once the anime hits a decent amount of episodes. That was quick.~

At least I won't have to wait for fansubs to release now. =)
Old 2011-04-14, 14:17   Link #53
Wakan Tanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I suppose this means Funimation obtained the licence and will be doing the dub as well once the anime hits a decent amount of episodes. That was quick.~

At least I won't have to wait for fansubs to release now. =)
The dubs are even slower..
Old 2011-04-14, 15:09   Link #54
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakan Tanka View Post
The dubs are even slower..
What I mean is, since Funimation's streaming the series with official subtitles, I won't have to wait as long to watched a subbed episode. With fansubs one has to wait a day or two or even maybe longer to actually watch it after the episode is actually broadcast.
Old 2011-04-15, 03:11   Link #55
black_star
How should i say it?

I'd watch this if it will reach to THAT BIG GUY. Really.

Spoiler for eh?:
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice! - Doquixote Doflamingo

MAL Twitter
black_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 08:54   Link #56
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Spoiler for Ep 3:

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2011-04-17 at 09:06.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 09:33   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Have Funi's release started yet?
Old 2011-04-17, 11:45   Link #58
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Have Funi's release started yet?
The simulcast is apparently every Thursday.

So much for watching episodes sooner than usual.
Old 2011-04-17, 11:50   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The simulcast is apparently every Thursday.

So much for watching episodes sooner than usual.
Oh man that sucks.
Old 2011-04-17, 19:45   Link #60
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Spoiler for Ep 3:
Once again they cutted stuff like the poison snake part, maybe they are saving it for next arc. They better not cut stuff from next few episodes...
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fighting, food, shounen