AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 49 38.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 32.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 22.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.56%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-19, 13:56   Link #21
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
1). Rule of Cool I guess?

2). In the Nasuverse, the Origin has to do with the Buddhist concept of reincarnation. That a soul originates from some kind of concept and as it recycles that direction always drives the actions of the bearer. Kiritsugu has a rare dual origin, his are "severing" and "binding". When he uses that in conjunction with his Mystic Code, the bullet tears apart the target's magic circuit as it comes into contact with any energy produced by it, and then binds it in such a way that it can't be repaired. Imagine cutting a wire and tying it back together, that won't make it work again, will it? In fact, it guarantees that the wire will never reconnect properly.

For the second question, the more active the circuit is, the greater the effect. All this time he has been prodding Kayneth into using his circuit to an extent that the origin bullet would be a sure kill.
So wait.

Since Kayneth's defence was on full power with the mercury so the second the "origin" bullet came into contact it literally severed his magic circuits even though the bullet didn't hit him?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 13:57   Link #22
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So wait.

Since Kayneth's defence was on full power with the mercury so the second the "origin" bullet came into contact it literally severed his magic circuits even though the bullet didn't hit him?
It was because his circuits were at full power that the bullet had its maximum effect. If Kayneth hadn't used any magic power, then the bullet wouldn't affect his circuits at all since they wouldn't be in contact with it. Kayneth was pouring magic from his circuits into the mercury and thus the bullet took full effect on all his circuits.

"Thus the bullet Kiritsugu used here was malicious one since there's almost nothing Kayneth could have done to physically block the bullet without magic"
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:08   Link #23
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Well Kayneth will go down as the most screwed over master of this war.

On that matter what weapons were Kiritsugu using?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:12   Link #24
ChronoReverse

He's been using explosive traps like the Claymore mines from the previous episode.

His enormous pistol is a Thompson Contender (single shot, but like a rifle) while his other gun is a Calico M960 (tons of bullets in a magazine).
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:13   Link #25
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

For more Origin question

Read the explanation here: http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Origin#Origin

I would suggest that those who haven't watch Kare No Kyoukai go watch it. Origin is a big part of the plot in KnK and goes into much more detail then the Fate Series.
Old 2011-11-19, 14:24   Link #26
ramiel

In fact Kiritsugu intentionaly choose the most wicked way to using his origin.
For a normal person,being shot by a Contender's bullets is already f*cked up,but for a magician stupidly using magic shields,things could be even worse....
ramiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:45   Link #27
HighGuard

Quote:
So wait.

I belive it was actually the first bullet that imparted his origin onto Kayneth and the second bullet was mearly a trap. Kayneth had to use a higher level of magic to stop the second bullet therefore activating the first bullet (which I belive is still inside him)
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:46   Link #28
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Well Kayneth will go down as the most screwed over master of this war.

On that matter what weapons were Kiritsugu using?
Heh, mayhaps. It's ironic and spectacular at the same time that Kayneth was able to survive having a crumbling building without so much as a scratch yet get taken out by a single bullet. Kiritsugu is such a merciless badass.

Saber & Lancer vs Caster went as expected, though Maiya & Iris vs Kirei was far more awesome to watch.

Words fail to describe as I watched Kirei heartlessly pierce Iris through. Though we know she'll die eventually, it would've be awful to have had things end for her like that.

One of the better episodes so far. Can't wait for next week.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:49   Link #29
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
I belive it was actually the first bullet that imparted his origin onto Kayneth and the second bullet was mearly a trap. Kayneth had to use a higher level of magic to stop the second bullet therefore activating the first bullet (which I belive is still inside him)
The 2nd bullet held the Origin, the first bullet was to make sure Kayneth activate his magic at full force.
Old 2011-11-19, 15:24   Link #30
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The 2nd bullet held the Origin, the first bullet was to make sure Kayneth activate his magic at full force.
Kiritsugu's Origin Bullet is most likely a hollow-point bullet that has its hollow filled with his Origin. One could compare it with a poisoned bullet, with a poison specifically designed to kill Magus. What makes it worse is that the stronger the magus, the more of a lethal effect it may have. There is a reason why the use of poisoned bullets was one of the first targets of a predecessor to the Geneva Convention.

Kayneth's pride in his family's long accumulated history of magical power and circuits may give him an advantage over any other magus, but to the Origin Bullet that advantage becomes a severe disadvantage. It overloads his prana, forcefully sends it surging right back into his magic circuits, overloading them, while at the same time the excess mana exploding out of the magic circuits start invading and overloading other organs connected to those circuits.

And its not just the prana Kayneth is using at the moment, the Origin Bullet has all of Kayneth's magic circuits refreshing to their full prana capacity, then when the additional prana from the magic he was using then comes surging back, those magic circuits could not hold anymore with predictable destructive results. Like a power plant overloading, the more prana in use, the more prana available at the beginning or origin, the more damage will occur.

The Origin Bullet probably have less of an effect if it was used on say, Waver Velvet who is only a "mere" second-generation Magus, or Kotomine Kirei, who does not have that much of a magus ancestry.

The only reason Kiritsugu doesn't shoot them off more often is that they're made from his powdered ribs, and ribs are hard to replace.

Last edited by LystAP; 2011-11-19 at 15:47.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 15:54   Link #31
Randomzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I see now, pretty cool how he mixed up buddhism and....a church (i don't even know if they're catholic or whatever). So did they ever explain what Kirei's origin or Shirou's origin is?
Shirou's origin is swords - specialized for creating and understanding swords, and Kirei's origin is 'closing wounds' - specialized in healing.
Randomzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:08   Link #32
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Kotomine stabbing in cold blood a soundly defeated Iris, and casually kicking a crippled Maiya was something else... did not really expected it, not because of his character, makes all the sense in the world, but because it was presented with clinical ruthlessness... especially how he treats both as items, which to tell the truth along with Saber and Ilya is exactly what they are Emiya's toys

Talking about Emiya, what a sleazy bastard (know I understand why Saber hated him in F/SN)... practically poisoned his opponent, after (as Keyneth also said) run around like a trapped mouse...

Which brings me to a question... who the hell was that chick that gave the Rakkyou speech
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:17   Link #33
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Aozaki Touko making an appearance it seems.
I might be mistaken but it seemed to be the same voice actor as in KnK and her hair seemed to follow her original blue design.

Is this an anime only appearance or was she specifically mentioned in the light novel as well?

She's the kind of ubiquitous characters (along with her sister) that simply shows how large and interconnected the Nasuverse is. Their appearances might be minor but they're certainly significant and influential to the stories, wherever they appear.

Loved when she explained Kiritsugu's origin and why his bullets are so dangerous, specially against the more powerful magus with their well developed magic circuits.

Other than that scary kotomine is scary. Gotta love how he's all business there to the point of being indifferent whether his foe is a woman or not.
He seems to make an interesting pair with the female assassin. Pretty lethal combination if you ask me.

I think this episode setup well both Kirei and Kiritsugu's abilities to give some hype to what might be their so awaited showdown.
Fate_Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:29   Link #34
jonli
JONLIの憂'

That was Aozaki Touko? She didn't have red hair, or was I blind? The voice did sound a lot similar though.

Wow, so basically Kiritsugu's bullet is essentially a sure-kill for magicians. He's got 66 of them...can say Shirou use his bullet or does it only work if Kiritsugu shoots it?

Kayneth is just screwed then, wouldn't he be a vegetable? He probably can't even walk properly since his Magic Circuit is all over his body and it's all fucked.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:37   Link #35
Archer

People thinking this is Touko have apparently not factored in the time period that Fate/Zero takes place, nor how the flashback had Kiritsugu (a fully grown adult man) as a child there.

At this point, I don't even think Touko was even born.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:39   Link #36
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Touko was also my first thought, but Rakkyou and Fate/Tsukihime are not supposed to be in the same Nasuverse.

@jonli: Touko had short blue hair in the novel, that became red with a ponytail for the movies... which personally I found way better

@Archer: Not sure but isn't Touko supposed to be much older than she looks... dolls and stuff?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:48   Link #37
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Touko was also my first thought, but Rakkyou and Fate/Tsukihime are not supposed to be in the same Nasuverse.

@jonli: Touko had short blue hair in the novel, that became red with a ponytail for the movies... which personally I found way better

@Archer: Not sure but isn't Touko supposed to be much older than she looks... dolls and stuff?
I think Touko exists in the Fate/Tsukhime Nasuverse as well since she's mentioned by Aoko (Shiki's glasses). She's also suppose to appear in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru VN.

Giorno once said that both Aozakis probably exist in KnK and Fate/tsukihime but are different Aozakis.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:58   Link #38
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

In any case, making bullets from ribs is not Aozaki Touko's specialized field.
Kokukirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 17:02   Link #39
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

As I said, I'm not 100% sure but I have to say the resemblance is uncanny. Seemingly avid smoker talking about a recurring theme in Kara No Kyoukai??

Too similar to be someone else. The only thing that seemed to be missing were the glasses, but it was too dark to tell. Maybe they are the glasses wich were stollen by Aoko? This is sounding too perfectly crafted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I think Touko exists in the Fate/Tsukhime Nasuverse as well since she's mentioned by Aoko (Shiki's glasses). She's also suppose to appear in Mahou Tsukai no Yoru VN.

Giorno once said that both Aozakis probably exist in KnK and Fate/tsukihime but are different Aozakis.
Plus, Touko is mentioned or hinted at the end of HF.
Old 2011-11-19, 17:03   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Touko exists in both Rakkyou and Tsukihime/Fate segments, although circumstances are different between both.
As archer mentioned, it can't be Touko due to the obvious timing issue, since it is child Kiritsugu there.