AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 19:13   Link #1361
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Watching episode 10 made me realize something -- this show has tons of fan service, just not of the in your face sort we're used to nowadays. I commented before that the lone panty shot we got of Chiaki felt very old school in its delivery. Since then we haven't seen anything as blatant as that (hence the discussion about space skirt physics), but there's still plenty of service. The camera sure likes to linger on busts and crotches and the camera angles are chosen to emphasize that (very evident in some scenes this episode). And all those cute scenes with Chiaki in the pirate costume are pure service (of which I heartily approve).
Not just busts and crotches, but also thighs. As a friend of mine remarked over MSN, "Wow, the animators sure loves Chiaki's thighs.", well he remarked it about Shinbo being likely a legs lovers, like in the Monogatari series and Denpa Onna, clever guy not only save budget and also provide service.
Old 2012-03-10, 19:37   Link #1362
sa547
*Author

Damn, I didn't know this but turns out the costumes were designed by none other than...
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...idols-costumes
Old 2012-03-10, 20:39   Link #1363
Dark Wing

Yea it would seem like the anime may have skipped some novel material in order to speed up some of the story a bit but I don't mind too much I guess it's still turned out to be a good episode.
Old 2012-03-10, 20:44   Link #1364
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I actually laughed out loud at the opening sequence. It was so unusual to see her so animated. That is, not being her usual cool, composed self. Also, I had the look of "Huh?" during the costume transformation scene.

Ah, my Dark Queen Chiaki, what was going through your mind while you were role-playing as Marika? Perhaps now you can see what it means to be Marika, and as the saying goes, to love someone is to know someone.

Spoiler for A slightly different picture of Dark Pirate Queen Chiaki:

Endless "Yes, my Queen" Soul
Old 2012-03-10, 20:53   Link #1365
Random Wanderer

I'm feeling lazy. Copy-pasting my reaction in from another forum, including comments from there that I responded to, because I don't feel like going to the effort of editing to figure out how to say what I was saying in my replies without having the original comment there.

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:12   Link #1366
Kyuu
=^^=

And Chiaki sniffs the uniform... "Whoa, smells like Marika"...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:18   Link #1367
justpassingby

^ Kunka kunka

And Vol 8 appears to be delayed until April, to make way for Vampire Hunter D and other novels. It will be published together with Space Battleship Yamamoto Yohko 10 and Bubblegum Crisis

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-03-10 at 21:28.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 21:39   Link #1368
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well the "Let's get ready for some piracy" opening was certainly enough to grab one's attention. Follwing this with the actual bit of piracy was golden.

As for the other Princess. I wonder. Is she the other one seeking the Golden Ghost Ship? Or is she on that ship?
Old 2012-03-10, 22:04   Link #1369
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chiaki she just so cute
Old 2012-03-10, 22:06   Link #1370
00Coyote

So, I'm rewatching this series from the start, and one thing that has always bothered me is...

The mighty Pirate Captain Kato Gonzaemon, died of food poisoning.

Just how BAD of a doctor is Misa?
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:19   Link #1371
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
So, I'm rewatching this series from the start, and one thing that has always bothered me is...

Have you noticed that we never seem to see her doing any actual doctoring? Yet she has a great deal of knowledge about a wide-range of subjects, and acts more like an executive officer than a doctor. My random theory is that she's a spy, and the doctor thing is a front.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:24   Link #1372
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
What insert song is this? From what episode?
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICM-91386

I don't remember hearing any insert songs so far.

Anyway, anybody think that the full length version of the OP/ED is bodacious?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 22:37   Link #1373
Midonin
Last Engage

It's a character song. Those generally aren't played in episodes. Though this one was used in episode 9.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:05   Link #1374
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Have you noticed that we never seem to see her doing any actual doctoring? Yet she has a great deal of knowledge about a wide-range of subjects, and acts more like an executive officer than a doctor. My random theory is that she's a spy, and the doctor thing is a front.
In addition. I'd rather trust this guy for medical treatment.

Spoiler:

At least, he's more up-front about stuff.
Old 2012-03-10, 23:25   Link #1375
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
In addition. I'd rather trust this guy for medical treatment.

Spoiler:

At least, he's more up-front about stuff.
But only if he is plastered, if he is sober, skip treatment. Actually, both you and the doctor need to be drunk the way he does medicine.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:36   Link #1376
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 10

Ahahaha, Chiaki-chan opens the episode, man this needs to happen more often

But,

This guy needs better news outlets. Has he not heard of the great Chiaki-chan?!? Sure she's just a trainee, but let this piracy incident sear into their brains the awesome laugh of Chiaki-chan!

Wonderful ep as always, heh I chuckled at the remark about Marika having daddy's blood in her veins. Did she mean to say that Marika didn't inherit the bombastic body genes from mommy? Are they saying she's flat!?

This ep also made me realize that Princess Sailor Moon Gruier really is just 13 yrs old, wanting to contact the fleet, I guess she forgot she's still in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post

lol when I saw his cause of death, I had to laugh. I had to, as a person who experienced a serious case of food poisoning a few years back, it's not something to laugh at but at the same time, it could happen to anybody, even a pirate captain XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Or maybe Marika offered to split the spoils 50-50 with them. Let's not forget this expedition carried a lot of risks, the prospect of getting that much money simply by performing their "regular" job must be attractive. Then again, they are pirates, so I doubt danger bothers them...

Or perhaps Gruier simply offered them a better reward than whoever enlisted their assistance first did.
What. What is this speculation? I thought everyone knows by now, this isn't about money, Chiaki-chan is obviously doing this because she loves Marika *runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not just busts and crotches, but also thighs. As a friend of mine remarked over MSN, "Wow, the animators sure loves Chiaki's thighs.", well he remarked it about Shinbo being likely a legs lovers, like in the Monogatari series and Denpa Onna, clever guy not only save budget and also provide service.
I really like how I've been seeing a lot of leg service in anime these days, as this forum's serious leg lover, I've been waiting for this for ages. Last season Ben-to showed that you don't have to show pantsu and boobies for it to work, and David Production continues that this season with the awesome Riri legs in Inu X Boku. MORE LEG SERVICE I SAY
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 23:57   Link #1377
Kyuu
=^^=

Chiaki says, "I'mma gunna rape you!"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wonderful ep as always, heh I chuckled at the remark about Marika having daddy's blood in her veins. Did she mean to say that Marika didn't inherit the bombastic body genes from mommy? Are they saying she's flat!?
Nah. That just means that she's daddy's little girl. By which, she demonstrates similar instincts as her father.

As for that body of hers? Yea, you bet it came from the mommy. So bodacious.
Old 2012-03-11, 00:27   Link #1378
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

For a moment there, I was reminded of the Ancient Belka from Nanoha. Their leaders were cloned and manufactured from birth, allowing each one to operate the Cradle as though she was the previous Kaiser. I think the same is in action for Serenity.

This coincidentally harkens to the Exile system.

Spoiler for Audacious Space Traders:

Either way, so much inspiration from 1 episode. THIS IS BRILLIANT.
Old 2012-03-11, 00:41   Link #1379
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Chiaki says, "I have you now, Marika-chan!"
Fixed.

Endless "The fixer" Soul
Old 2012-03-11, 00:48   Link #1380
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I smell meme material.

Though, won't some people wonder why "Captain Marika" looks different ("a redhead?") next time she happens to raid one of the same liners Chiaki just did?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-03-11 at 01:10.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri