AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 22:46   Link #81
Destined_Fate

Still pretty bad considering Izumo has had plenty of chances to talk to Amata but instead he just used those chances to try and beat Amata to death.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:20   Link #82
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This episode kinda felt ham-fisted. While there is no excuse for leaving your child behind for the man you love, she at least felt sorry for it. That line Amata said afterwards was pretty cheesy. The whole Altair caused it's own undoing reveal was handled well. Kagura's voice over during the preview is pretty much setting up a death flag for the guy. Mykage was in top form this episode with his trolling.

And like Destined Fate just said why did Izumo never try to talk to Amata? You know, the whole fact that your dad is leading the enemy army is a good plot twist (example: Star Wars.) Maybe it could have added some internal conflict to the story and Amata? Build on an actual relationship with his father so that we give a damn when he dies. Make Amata question himself and things of that nature.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:27   Link #83
ZetaAEUG

Spoiler for EVOL Ep 24:

credits to the creator, because this show is straight up retarded.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:41   Link #84
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
Spoiler for EVOL Ep 24:

Amata Sora. The brain child Shoji Kawamori on peyote.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:45   Link #85
Beggar

I found Alisia's excuse for abandoning Amata to be stupid. What a horrible parent. Honestly she was better off not giving an excuse at all. Her excuse was very badly written.

Izumo is also a horrible parent. Although, I'll admit him being able to take out the Legendary Aquarion by himself was pretty badass.
Old 2012-06-11, 00:11   Link #86
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggar View Post
I found Alisia's excuse for abandoning Amata to be stupid. What a horrible parent. Honestly she was better off not giving an excuse at all. Her excuse was very badly written.

Izumo is also a horrible parent. Although, I'll admit him being able to take out the Legendary Aquarion by himself was pretty badass.
Another way to look at this is too think that what if Kawamori did the whole thing with Alicia and Izumo to help portray Amata in a better light and help him start to take on the role of a "MC". Kawomori's thoughts "Hey, guess what, we'll screw with Amata's parents so that people start disliking them instead of Amata. this will be a win for us since the MC doesn't have to do anything but the fans will just start coming."
Old 2012-06-11, 00:53   Link #87
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Amata's parents Nooooooooooooo!!!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-06-11, 01:28   Link #88
Destined_Fate

If this does get in a SRW I bet they will reveal Izumo and Amata's connection much sooner and find a way to avert this needlessly forced event. Their deaths seemed kinda forced and really, are we supposed to care about a chick that abandoned her young son and than fell into a coma only to wake up than "that" soon after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beggar View Post

Well you have to consider that inside the Aquarion they have...

A possessed chick(Who doesn't seem to be taking the whole "I just lost my body" all that well considering she was breaking down last episode as Mykage trolled away. So I doubt Mykage is able to concentrate with all that crying inside Zessica's head), a Dark Side of someone else(Meaning you don't even have a full person at the main controls) and than you have Mikono.... Yeah.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-11 at 02:01.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:30   Link #89
Misslaly

I agree with you
Old 2012-06-11, 01:32   Link #90
Maximillionus
Hoping in for the ride.

Forshadowing:

Amata will save the worlds

source:

Amata's mother said he would.

Is Izumo a failure for not recognizing that his mothers machine to help save the world was actually destroying it?

No, because Alica said all was not for naught...cause they had Amata.

Will Kagura help save the world. I highly doubt it.

why?

Cause Amata's mother said only the "other you" and only mentioned Amata as the one Izumo and Alicia really cared about.

And what does Kagura think of all this? Recap to episode 22 or so. I don't care about my parents.

Will amata save the world??? Two episodes left. Lets see and find out.

(my post is a little sarcastic with the Alicia parts. I just think it's hilarious that she did basically nothing after 24 episodes.)
Old 2012-06-11, 01:39   Link #91
Misslaly

I really hate this about the 'other', I mean Kagura was the one who went after Alicia and got brainwashed by Mikage and all Alicia does is say Amata is the one, she should have cared a little bit more about Kagura too.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:47   Link #92
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Quote:
Spoiler for EVOL Ep 24:

Gahahaha!!!! So true!!
Old 2012-06-11, 01:49   Link #93
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslaly View Post
I really hate this about the 'other', I mean Kagura was the one who went after Alicia and got brainwashed by Mikage and all Alicia does is say Amata is the one, she should have cared a little bit more about Kagura too.
Alicia cared soooooooo much, she abandoned him in the middle of a graveyard. What a loving mother! She's only thinking with her hormones and not giving a crap about her child. Amata's useful to clean after her mess, I suppose. While "Kagura" is being controlled.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-11, 01:50   Link #94
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Spoiler for EVOL Ep 24:
At least we heard it from Amata himself..
Old 2012-06-11, 02:02   Link #95
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslaly View Post
Considering how she just up and abandoned Amata... I think Kagura is better off without her love if that's how she shows love to Amata.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:04   Link #96
kuromitsu

Quote:
Spoiler for EVOL Ep 24:
What I've been saying for months... Poor Amata.

And now we have the Alisia hate. Wow. On the one hand the writing sucks which doesn't help with things at all (but we've already known that), but on the other hand, thinking with her hormones and not giving a crap? Yep, that's totally what happened.

Also, fwiw there's the question whether Alisia even noticed Kagura, and how much time they could spend together, if any, before arriving at Altair. Kagura said that they split up right when they arrived, and he hasn't seen her since (nor does he care anymore). Of course, due to the quality writing we're led to believe no-one, not security, not Izumo, nobody, a) noticed, b) cared about the extra person who appeared with Alisia, and if Alisia wasn't aware of Kagura then she's apparently some sort of psychic to know about Kagura now. But we're talking about the writers who imply that Amata has been remembering a mirror image of himself chasing after his mother all the time, and never once wondered about who that was.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-11 at 02:34.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:20   Link #97
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Wow I think we all just got trolled by Kawamori big time over the last two weeks.

He must be laughing really hard....
Old 2012-06-11, 02:23   Link #98
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
How the hell is Amata gonna fight Kagura when Mikono is in Aquarion along with Kagura and Zessica? Never thought he would have the guts to be able to hurt his comrade(?) and the girl he loves along with his other half who he hates with a passion.
In the preview it just shows Kagura's vector, and Amata
s vector fighting One to one, not in Aquarion form
Old 2012-06-11, 02:38   Link #99
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
After watching Aquarion EVOL episode 24, I'm left with two conflicting viewpoints on the anime:

1. It's something of a self or genre-parody. This show is meant to deconstruct, or at least make fun of, storylines like this one. Storylines where a child is The Chosen One (tm) of two important parents who he loses in his youth, and then he goes on a journey to achieve his destiny (possibly along with his fated lover). You see a fair bit of this in mecha anime, Gundam especially (Alisia herself makes me think a lot of Sheryl from Macross and a little bit of Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed).

What aids the deconstruction: Amata's life is actually pretty crappy when you stop to think about it (what ZetaAEUG brought up really showcases that ), and Amata/Mikono has caused a lot of problems for many other characters.

2. The show is actually entirely sincere in what it's presenting. No deconstruction. Problem is that they're massively screwing up secondary details (and while they are secondary, they shape how we perceive important characters, which in turn can hurt what the narrative is aiming for with the main characters). I can't believe it never occurred to some Editor, Okada, or Kawamori himself that "You know, maybe we should at least have Alisia find adults to care for her son, and not just literally abandon him at a graveyard of all places."

So yeah, I think it's one or the other. An otherwise well-crafted deconstruction that perhaps is a touch too coy/cute for its own good (so people aren't "getting it" unlike Madoka Magica)... or Kawamori actually intended this to be an epic Coming of Age "monomyth" story played straight, and it's getting unraveled by really badly handled secondary details.

I'd like to know what my fellow viewers think is more likely of the two.

Anyway, in spite of its writing flaws, the show's sheer spectacle makes it a very engaging watch. But I have to say that I'm not optimistic about how this will end. For one thing, I don't think Kagura and/or Zessica fans are going to like how it ends... and for reasons that go beyond shipping wars.
Old 2012-06-11, 02:44   Link #100
Destined_Fate

Maybe that's how they feel is what real love is. Abandoning everything to be with the one you love, even your family if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
In the preview it just shows Kagura's vector, and Amata
s vector fighting One to one, not in Aquarion form
Sounds kind of boring... If Kagura dies it better be by Mykage's hand and not Amata's.
Closed Thread