AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-24, 14:16   Link #801
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Do you have a camera by any chance? I was going to save ordering it until after christmas (too busy with Ys Origin right now, then a few christmas games) buuut...
I'll see if I can take some pictures tomorrow... they might not come out so hot, but I'll try.

Anyway, I managed to squeeze in some time today after wrapping presents, and of course I had trouble getting the game to work. It installs fine, but I get an error message when I try to run it--it says something about the game being unable to operate in this environment. I was going to try installing it again with AppLocale, but AppLocale doesn't do anything since I already have JP set as the language for non-unicode programs. Also, being technologically incapable, I don't really know what I'm talking about. I guess I'll look up solutions online when I have more free time or something.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 22:24   Link #802
luckyovermind
hungry~

If the message you are getting is: この環境では動作できません。

Try change the time zone to GMT+09:00 Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo, then run the game ,

Not sure if it will work though, since I don't have the game yet
Old 2006-12-24, 22:43   Link #803
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

ef's game package? Something like this, I guess:

I haven't ordered the game myself, but I believe the preorder extra is the collector's box (the one with Yuuko and Himura on it) that lets you store the first/latter tales together. Most online retailers will send you the collectors box as well when you buy the game from them.

On the other hand, the game itself has no first or limited press editions, unlike most other games. And I don't think it comes with any extra booklets or soundtrack/drama CDs, which is a common bonus for most first edition games. Still, for a game that's only 2/3 the price of regular eroges, it's not all that bad.

Maybe the latter tale game release will feature some other bonus items when it's released next year.

============================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
It installs fine, but I get an error message when I try to run it--it says something about the game being unable to operate in this environment.
As a basic check, just make sure you have both system language and region set to Japanese.

I believe minori added their own copy protections/security checks onto ef, just like they did with the first fan disk, to fight against pirating and illegal copies. This might be the cause of your errors.

Also, according to ef's home page, only Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP2 are officially supported. If your computer was able to run the trial version though, then this shouldn't be the problem.

Worst comes to worst, you can always e-mail minori's customer support. ^^; Sometimes the problem is caused by disk check errors, you can get a patch from them that let's you skip that.

============================
Today's Melty Blood AC Ver.B trial:
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 12:43   Link #804
martino
makes no files now

Do you get Japanese subtitles in ef?
Old 2006-12-25, 14:20   Link #805
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
If the message you are getting is: この環境では動作できません。

Try change the time zone to GMT+09:00 Osaka, Sapporo, Tokyo, then run the game
OMG, it worked! Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I haven't ordered the game myself, but I believe the preorder extra is the collector's box (the one with Yuuko and Himura on it) that lets you store the first/latter tales together. Most online retailers will send you the collectors box as well when you buy the game from them.
Yeah, it's just like the image you posted. I didn't realize I'd be getting the collector's box as well, so it was pretty thrilling to open the package and discover it. (btw, I ordered from Palet Web because one of your earlier posts in this thread recommended them, and I couldn't have been more happy with their service. )

Anyway, I'm off to play the game~! Hopefully I'll manage to get something out of the story, with my limited JP comprehension.
Old 2006-12-27, 03:59   Link #806
i2k

humm...It's too difficult.
My top 3 -

hateshinaku-aoi-kono-sora-no-sitade
http://www.topcat.tc/product/bsky/index.htm

Muv-Luv ALTERNATIVE
http://www.muvluv.com/alternative/index.htm

CROSS†CHANNEL
http://www.kid-game.co.jp/kid/game/cross/
i2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 07:43   Link #807
donthuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
I don't normally play ero-games because my computer probably can't handle the huge size.

But the one game that caught my eye was Atlach=Nacha (I've been reading the Cthulhu Mythos at the time)
I just listened to a few music tracks and now I want to take a look at it. I can't believe I took the trouble of downloading it. :/

Others that highly interest me are Mamatoto and Pastel Chime (is that ero?)

Dai Akuji kind of sparked some kind of interest but I'm a bit skeptical since the themes in the sypnosis don't sit well with me.

Can someone tell me more about this Dai Bancho I keep hearing about?

About Atlach=Nacha, the bgm "Red Tint" really amazing.....

And the story is as sad as the oldschool "AliceSoft"
donthuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 07:49   Link #808
donthuang

So, nobodies here play sengoku RanCe?

I think this game is my 2006 best one......
Old 2006-12-27, 13:24   Link #809
shadowplay
passive observer

Finally started playing ef, and well yeah after an hour or so, this game does feel like something special, like playing Air or Kanon for the first time (I'm comparing the atmosphere and feelings here, not actual content), and overall production values are second to something like School/Summer Days I guess...though ef's current erogescape score (around 70) kinda worries, either something goes totally wrong about the game later on, or everyone's just pissed about game's shortness.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 14:14   Link #810
G005

Quote:
either something goes totally wrong about the game later on, or everyone's just pissed about game's shortness.
That seems to be one complaint. Supposedly, the game is really short and is incapable of standing alone as an individual story. However, the biggest complaint is that the game is style over substance. The scenario isn't particularly special, while the interactivity has really suffered (there're still choices, but users complain that they're mostly inconsequential, with no influence on how the story plays out).

Naturally, players love the production values. On the whole, it sounds as if minori tried to buy a hit (by dazzling gamers with a big-budget presentation. Considering the meager sales of Wind and Haruoto, I can understand why they chose a do or die approach this time). At the same time, compromises had to be made due to the amount of work required for each scene.
G005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-27, 17:15   Link #811
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by G005 View Post
That seems to be one complaint. Supposedly, the game is really short and is incapable of standing alone as an individual story. However, the biggest complaint is that the game is style over substance. The scenario isn't particularly special, while the interactivity has really suffered (there're still choices, but users complain that they're mostly inconsequential, with no influence on how the story plays out).
I still haven't played the game myself yet, so this is just my guess, but I'm guessing minori succeeded in achieving that "movie" feel that they wanted. Presentation wise, ef probably raised a few bars in graphics and screenplay, but just like nbkz-san said during the talk show tour, they had to sacrifice scenario length in exchange. Although it's true that story length doesn't determine the greatness of a game, it's important to know that "the shorter the game is going to be, the more important it is for the scenario to be good" (Saya no Uta and Planetarian comes to mind here).

Most players managed to finish the first tale in 6~10 hours. Of course, don't forget we're only talking about half the story here. The latter tale is supposed to be connected to the first tale, and only then will the story be complete.

==============
They're going overboard with their C71 goods though.
http://www.minori.ph/c71.html

drama CDs, phone cards, towels, cell straps, screen blocks, calendars, mufflers, gloves, T-shirts, beer mugs(lol), glass cups, donburi bowls ^^;...

==============
Natsumegu is doing well on the reservation charts, even though the release date has been pushed back a week into Februrary.

That Christmas expedition in 100% Diary made me laugh.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 04:55   Link #812
bluemist
i am the mist

It's vacation time! Time for Da Capo II!

I'll go have a look at -ef- too. Looks like a hot item nowadays.
Old 2006-12-28, 06:22   Link #813
luckyovermind
hungry~

Somehow I get this feeling that Rance VII is actually hotter than EF nowadays

I haven't played EF either. But from what I've heard, nothing went wrong later on, it's more like nothing really is going on. People are expecting another suika, or DC, or something even better, consider the hype it's getting. But it turned out to be just a little fairy tale, nothing more.

Now let just hope that mikage-san can give us an "EF ALTERNATIVE" when the latter tale is released next year.
Old 2006-12-30, 01:38   Link #814
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I finished the first chapter of ef today. For me, it's probably a good thing that the game as a whole isn't particularly long, since it takes me long enough to get through each scene as things stand. Looking at the memories section, it seems like there might only be two chapters, though. And are they not going to play the OP video until the very end!? At first I just kept reading mindlessly because I was waiting for my Shinkai goodness... orz.

Not much to say about the first chapter, really. The framework of the story was typical, but within that framework, I thought the writing was quite strong.

Spoiler:

The voice acting in ef is superb, by the way. Every single female voice is a delight to listen to. <3

At first I was a little worried about the first chapter, since initially I didn't like any of the female characters in it as much as Yuuko (who instantly won my heart). In that sense, it definitely exceeded my expectations. I do have to question what the choices in the game really do, though... it seems like the creators need the individual stories to end a particular way in order for overarching story to be coherent. So what's the point of having choices at all? I guess I find it to be somewhat misleading.
Old 2006-12-30, 02:10   Link #815
luckyovermind
hungry~

I did remember someone mentioned that the OP was actually ED... or something like that, so yeah

Choices are just there to put you off (gin'iro style? ). Look at plantarian, it's not even treated as a game anymore without choices.
Old 2007-01-01, 23:18   Link #816
donthuang

Sorry for Japanese
2006 sales data form 2ch (till 11/30)

1.マブラヴオルタネイティヴ(muvluv alt) 61,927 
2.D.C.II 61,306
3.Really?Really! 41,740
4.Scarlett 36,719
5.PIA.GO 36,510
6.tumashibori 28,759
7.yukubarisapoten  27,098
8.Boy meets Girl 27,002
9.Happiness FANDISK 26,787
10.FULLANIME 26,653
11.BALDR BULLET REVELLION 24,484 
12.Canvas2 DVD EDITION 24,400
13.Summer Days 23,351
14.TAYU UTA  23,297
15.KONO AOZORA NI YAKUSOKU WO  22,622
16.FATE/ STAY NIGHT 22,276
17.PRINCESS WALTZ 21,400
18.H2O FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND 20,675
19.ELF ALLSTARS MAJOUNG 3 20,257
20.MAN AT WORK 4 20,203              
I think SENGOKU RANCE & EF'S Sale is above 60K
Old 2007-01-02, 00:14   Link #817
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Wow. All the heavyweights are still raking in the sales, even after their release dates, like F/sn. Though seeing Yokubari Saboten got me curious...

Lesee... Happiness Re:Lucks is still in the Top 10, along with the other previously-anticipated titles like Scarlett, Really?Really! and D.C. II. But I didn't expet Summer Days to perform not that well compared to the others.

D.C. II went neck to neck with MuvLuv Alternative... while Sengoku Rance and ef are in the Top 1-5 range. I wonder which shops did this countoff take its data from?
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-02, 07:06   Link #818
donthuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I wonder which shops did this countoff take its data from?
Form the magazine "PC-NEWS"
http://www.peakspub.co.jp/
Old 2007-01-02, 09:15   Link #819
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I see. Thanks donthuang. You don't post much here, do you?

BTW, just dropped by to post something I managed to hear from someone else...
Eien no Aselia Sequel Official Site up... or something.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 09:30   Link #820
luckyovermind
hungry~

This is probably not news, but I just learned that the full english patch for Gadget Trial (trial does not stand for trial version) was completed some time last month. Seeing it's a bishoujo game more or less, I'd toss it here:

http://yu-ri.is.moelicious.be/

The name of this website ... is ... interesting

>>>>>>

Well, I gotta finish symphonic rain first. (obsessed with lolis )

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel