AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-05-03, 15:25   Link #6041
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

At least we know Quinn's Divider is still stronger than AEC-Equipements seeing how easilly slice trough Caro's Frotress Shields that are designed specifically for defense xDU ...and that was still unreacted. Wonder how Signum's hideous thing do against it's reacted form.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 15:43   Link #6042
LostSome

Now that I think about it... Wasn`t Signum the one in command ?
Securing the Raptors should be the priority.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 16:44   Link #6043
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Now that I think about it... Wasn`t Signum the one in command ?
Securing the Raptors should be the priority.
Since when it was mentioned Signum was the one in command? As far as i saw it could be Cinque since she seems to be the one who ordered Signum to stay out of the main confrontation due to her weakened condition.

And by the way, teana's intervention comes as a surprise for the reader but probably Signum already knew about that so she can leave the recovery of the raptor units to her while she tries to go after Cypha. The Huckebein are still wanted criminals after all, just because Section Six screwed up during their first attempt at capture doens't mean the price on their heads has been removed xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 09:02   Link #6044
rxrx

Excuse me guys, but is the thing even translated? I've been reading the same chapter, but instead of Touma asking Signum to fight, it is more like Signum enter the scene, Cypha taunts her, and then the ladies wants to fight. Heck, they even ask Touma to back down holding Quinn. So am I smoking something when I was reading the chapter or what?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:50   Link #6045
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Tohma Asked Signum near the end of Ch. 22 to "convince" Cypha about something. Probably Tohma was thinking about actual conversation since Signum seems to be the cool and reasonable type of person able to talk to the likes of Cypha.

That was a horrible miscalculation from his part since Cypha clearly stablshed before she won't talk without a fight, or probably Tohma already took that into account but tought he could moderate the conversation between the two just becuse both are nice to him which obviously wasn't the case xDU

Signum never expressed any desire to fight Cypha again before Tohma asked her to "talk" with her Huckebein counterpart.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 11:33   Link #6046
rxrx

Seriously, I can read Japanese but that is not what happen. In chaper 23, Cypher wants to kill Quinn, but Touma stops her. Cypher tells him that everything will not go his way all the time, but Touma says that he have learn from them that all he needs is to be powerful enough so that things can go his way. Then enters Signum whom wants to take Cypher into custody and the latter refuse and thus began to go into combat. They told Touma to stand down and he is a little surprise that they are telling him the exact thing. The guy complies and then carry the blushing Quinn away from battle.

Come on guys, don't assume Touma is an idiot just because you dislike him. There is nothing in this chapter or the one before which even hint Touma in asking Signum to fight for him. Instead, he says explicity that he will become powerful enough so that he can have his way but was interrupted by Signum. I'm just sick of people bashing hm so sorry if I sound offensive.
Old 2012-05-05, 11:48   Link #6047
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Oh don't worry, you're in your right to defend a character you like or feel is unjistifyingly treated. It's just that i have readed the translated version of Ch. 21 and in it Tohma explicitly ask Signum to go and "convince"(ok, maybe it's not the precise word but was something of the like) Cypha. Signum seems to hesitate at first but ultimately tell Tohma she will do whatever's possible.

As i've said, i theorize Tohma didn't expected thigns to escalate to an outright fight or tought he's strong enough to avoid one to happen but such possibility was put out of the question when both Swordfighters unintentionally agreed to fight.

I thank you for the translated bits cause that surely helps to have a more wide overview of what's happening. As i've stated before i like Tohma so i don't have any reson to bash him(the tmes i do is probably because of my irrational Signum-related outbursts xDU) but the boy do seems to be quite naive and idealistic so far in regards of his capability of convincing people to do the right thing.

Maybe you could clarify for us then what exactly Tohma asked Signum for at the end of Ch. 21? That would be really helpful, thanks again xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 11:55   Link #6048
rxrx

Thanks, I was worried that I sound offensive. Anyway, even the comic itself did not outright say what Touma wants Signum to do, but it can be infer that Touma hopes that Signum can just arrest Cypher and not kill her. Touma is not worried about fighting Cypher actually, but is afraid that Signum will just kill her outright instead of the standard procedure of convincing her to surrender.

I agree with you that he is not smart on this as Cypher is one that would not go down without a fight, but Touma makes it clear on his actions that he will try and talk and convince her first, and then use his power to make her listen if needed.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:03   Link #6049
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I hope Tohma could take into account that it was Signum the one who almost ended up dead the last time she faced Cypha, if he should ask someone to not go for the kill that would be Cypha xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 12:10   Link #6050
rxrx

He knows, but just hope that Signum can give Cypher a chance to talk or surrender that's all. Despite everything, he knows that it is hopeless for Cypher to just surrender and in this I agree with you that he is a little idealistic. However, his actions in chapter 23 shows that he is not dumb enough to think that just talking is enough and not deluded to believe that he can convince people like Cypher without a fight. Afterall, he did announce that he will get strong enough so that things will go his way.

And it would not be too difficult if he can master the Divide Zero Ecplise and use it at will. Just like Nanoha who 'befriends' people with Starlight Breaker, we might have Touma 'convincing' people with Divide Zero Eclipse in the future. If that happens, I don't know which to fear more.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:12   Link #6051
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Cypher tells him that everything will not go his way all the time, but Touma says that he have learn from them that all he needs is to be powerful enough so that things can go his way.
Is he quite positive they're the best role models to take on this?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 12:13   Link #6052
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Is he quite positive they're the best role models to take on this?
I believe that when he says 'they', he is talking about BOTH the Hukebein and the Special Force Six.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:16   Link #6053
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
He knows, but just hope that Signum can give Cypher a chance to talk or surrender that's all. Despite everything, he knows that it is hopeless for Cypher to just surrender and in this I agree with you that he is a little idealistic. However, his actions in chapter 23 shows that he is not dumb enough to think that just talking is enough and not deluded to believe that he can convince people like Cypher without a fight. Afterall, he did announce that he will get strong enough so that things will go his way.
Well, i guess he will swoop in the battle if Signum's life is endangered. Other irony could've that he interfere to stop Signum whe it appears she'll have the upper hand and land a decisive but too dangerous strike on Cypha and allows the huck swordswoman to heavily injure Signum again. It will be amusing to have Tohma dealing with the guilt.

Quote:
And it would not be too difficult if he can master the Divide Zero Ecplise and use it at will. Just like Nanoha who 'befriends' people with Starlight Breaker, we might have Touma 'convincing' people with Divide Zero Eclipse in the future. If that happens, I don't know which to fear more.

Fear Tohma more, Divide Zero Eclipse overpowers Starlight Breaker by mere nature.

Quote:
I believe that when he says 'they', he is talking about BOTH the Hukebein and the Special Force Six.
Rememeber kids "The might is right" xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 12:19   Link #6054
Justin_Brett

If he is, then he's running into that problem of them not being the exact same despite claims to the contrary again.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:20   Link #6055
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, i guess he will swoop in the battle if Signum's life is endangered. Other irony could've that he interfere to stop Signum whe it appears she'll have the upper hand and land a decisive but too dangerous strike on Cypha and allows the huck swordswoman to heavily injure Signum again. It will be amusing to have Tohma dealing with the guilt.

Well, like in good old Nanoha tradition, feel a little guilty that he screw up, then swallow it down like a man and trains harder so that he can beat them BOTH down when this situation comes up again. Everyone including the writer seems to forget that this is a guy who manage to survive alone for some time with just a knife after his hometown get destroyed and that takes determination and much guts so he would be fine. If the PSP game is true in his character development, he would be fine in training hard and try saving people.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:24   Link #6056
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Let's just hope Signum will be in condition for this situation to be even possible to come out again xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 12:25   Link #6057
Justin_Brett

Signum probably is the only character Touma would ever be allowed to beat, yeah.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:27   Link #6058
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Tsuzuki already settled her as a runner up to all other fighters, so yeah. She's the most suitable candidate to be Tohma's punchin bag during one of his crowning moments of awesome.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-05-05, 12:31   Link #6059
Justin_Brett

Although seriously, if he ever actually fights both the Hucks and Section Six, that would be pure bullshit. They're not the Titans or some crap, they're the good guys. Maybe if he didn't know everyone in the latter, but he does, so they'd have to jump through so many hoops to do it.
Old 2012-05-05, 12:32   Link #6060
rxrx

Nah, Signum is a great swordswoman and only lost to Cypher as she have never dealt with a elicpse virus bearer and thus nearly got herself killed. The same trick dosen't work twice you know.

And speaking about beating characters, I am praying that Touma would not get tossed into the background just beacuse Tsuzuki wants to please the Yuri fanbase. That would be just plain dumb for a story which says that he is suppose to be the main character.

Tags
manga, nanoha force