AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-07-02, 23:59   Link #8301
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gx Hero View Post
regardless I think we would all like to see force returned and improved whether light novel or manga
I agreed or at least do something which Force because I hate story I like not having an ending.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 12:45   Link #8302
zouken

I wonder if anyone will translate that last half chapter in force that hasn't been mentioned much yet.
zouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-28, 18:18   Link #8303
green-link94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
From what i see the problem in manga force there are limited space for Force story itself , using image panel with bubble are foolhardy difficult for Force which lead there are incoherent message from the story Tsuzuki built for us, therefore it lead for story became dull and fans left. Force being the transition story from magical girl into shounen boy lead.

in LN format we maybe can get the actual depiction story of the force from the text directly wrote by Tsuzuki also better world exposition in the force setting than the manga could tell, for example the characters dialogue and their mindset also a fair battle depiction, in case justified Signum vs Cypha battle. the manga totally disappointment with how Signum could defeated easily.
It would also have been good if the magic dictionary was translated along with the manga chapters since certain entries in it seems to have plot details in them.
green-link94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 11:28   Link #8304
lyrical dark mage

I personally liked force and it was a good change to have a male character or at least in my opinion it was that being said it did have its problems but I'd still like it to be continued
lyrical dark mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-08, 15:27   Link #8305
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical dark mage View Post
I personally liked force and it was a good change to have a male character or at least in my opinion it was that being said it did have its problems but I'd still like it to be continued
I wholeheartedly agree!
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 01:22   Link #8306
4th Dimension

Oh the fact that Thoma was a male was never really an issue for me personally. The issue with Thoma was that he was mostly useless as a character, with nothing much to distinguish him apart from his maleness and the fact that he was an Eclipse infectee.

Force's main problem IMO were the Hucks and the writter's continued attempt to showcase their bloody ways as something that was necessary, and them as poor victims, similar to Wolkies, which did not sit well with me. Oh and stupid Worf effect ways the writters wanted to introduce the bad guys by having them defeat the good ones, which felt more like writer ex machina than anything else.

But that being said Force is still MUCH more a Nanoha thing that Vivid will ever be, so I would not at all be against canning Vivid and doing Force, if the writter is able to fix the issues with it, like Hucks and making Thoma actually interesting.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 02:31   Link #8307
vic-vic

I actually liked the fact that writers shows us just how dependent our heroes on their magic. Thus, once the enemy managed to nullify it even great warriors like Signum are in grave danger.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 02:46   Link #8308
4th Dimension

Except that it feels more like it was done for shock value (I hate those) and not so much to do that, and they write Signum kind of stupid by having her be dumbfounded that Leviathan broke even while knowing what Cypha can do. One would expect that reaction maybe from Nanoha or Fate, but not a Wolkenritter with much more experience. But then again I'm am always going to fall on the techno-magic vs tech in and Nanohaverse debate, so I'm biased.
Also while Signum gets to fight and get stupidly trashed, in Hayate's case it was basically writer deus ex machina that Curren was able to teleport right behind Hayate, and also it can be argued another case of writer mandated stupidity for her as if she needed more of that.

Also that wasn't really the point of it all, well there was not much of a point. Of course if you take a solder's guns and armor and strip him bare while letting the other side have them he is likely to be thrashed. That is the part I don't like about the Explipse. The BLANKET immunity. Also didn't they also give them near invulnerability given their hard skins and regeneration?
I never really like blanket immunities, since those aren't really likely IMO, and again IMO are kind of sign of shoddy writing. I do like though that it doesn't take much time for protagonists to come up with asymmetrical solutions to their problems.

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-05-09 at 03:19.
Old 2017-05-09, 03:17   Link #8309
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Aaaaand this thread back to alive in 2017 but not for manga.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-09, 03:22   Link #8310
4th Dimension

Well I would like to reopen other threads, but I fear it would be ind of like holding a speech for a graveyard considering most of the board is pretty much dead.

But yeah, while I'm not Force's biggest fan, I would prefer it more than Vivid (lolicon pandering) or let alone Strike (Force in the guise of Vivid).
Old 2017-05-09, 03:25   Link #8311
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How in god's green earth did you come to the conclusion that ViVid Strike! is at all like Force?
Old 2017-05-09, 03:29   Link #8312
4th Dimension

Because it follows the similar formula like Force, adding "realism" and grievous injuries mostly in the end for shock factor? Basically if there were two writing teams (there aren't), one handling Force and one handling Vivid, Strike feels like giving the Force creators a chance to play with Vivid.
Oh great. Bell. Got to go.
Old 2017-05-09, 03:31   Link #8313
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... it has done literally nothing different from ViVid. Even the realism and grievous injuries happened in ViVid before Strike! ever got its hands on it.
Old 2017-05-09, 07:02   Link #8314
4th Dimension

I replied in Strike thread just so I don't pollute this thread with talking more about the Strike side of things.
Old 2017-05-20, 11:13   Link #8315
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Except that it feels more like it was done for shock value (I hate those) and not so much to do that, and they write Signum kind of stupid by having her be dumbfounded that Leviathan broke even while knowing what Cypha can do. One would expect that reaction maybe from Nanoha or Fate, but not a Wolkenritter with much more experience. But then again I'm am always going to fall on the techno-magic vs tech in and Nanohaverse debate, so I'm biased.
Also while Signum gets to fight and get stupidly trashed, in Hayate's case it was basically writer deus ex machina that Curren was able to teleport right behind Hayate, and also it can be argued another case of writer mandated stupidity for her as if she needed more of that.

Also that wasn't really the point of it all, well there was not much of a point. Of course if you take a solder's guns and armor and strip him bare while letting the other side have them he is likely to be thrashed. That is the part I don't like about the Explipse. The BLANKET immunity. Also didn't they also give them near invulnerability given their hard skins and regeneration?
I never really like blanket immunities, since those aren't really likely IMO, and again IMO are kind of sign of shoddy writing. I do like though that it doesn't take much time for protagonists to come up with asymmetrical solutions to their problems.
well it's true that force had all those problems but it is still better than what we've got now the best thing we've got so far is the upcoming movie and I was kind of surprised to see Nanoha using the strike cannon in the trailer
Old 2017-05-20, 11:25   Link #8316
4th Dimension

Sure, that is why I would actually prefer Force to Vivid. Force is a mess, but it's Nanoha mess. Vivid is closely related but it simply is not Nanoha.

Yeah, strike cannon is cool it feels to me like they are recycling interesting designs from the Force since they are probably quietly robbing it's grave.
Old 2017-10-05, 17:03   Link #8317
lyrical dark mage

Yeah they definitely are but at least we'll see the strike cannon in action.
Old 2019-08-30, 15:16   Link #8318
Some random Otaku

While it is unlikely that Force would ever continue at this point, I would like to write down my thoughts of what I think would happen next in the story:

I definitely think Thoma is going to hand over Veyron's heart to Arnage without a fight, provided she explains the situation.
This will definitely go a long way to driving a wedge between Thoma and Riot Six, which I believe has been building for a while now. I mean, they even have Isis spy on him for them!

This will also go a long way to returning moral greyness back into the story. Afterall, people effected by Eclipse have to kill just to live. They do not have much choice in the matter, yet the TSAB treats them like regular criminals, like they have all the answers while they really don't.
Some random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 21:28   Link #8319
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Ah Nanoha force, the series brought me to Nanoha franchise.

What kind sin you commited to be deserted like this

Is it because you were series with only boy protagonist spawned from yuri mahou shojou series? so they decided to disposed you because your idea of existence were very wrong to Nanoha series?
Is because that Masaki Tsuuzuki?

Start admit your mistake and announce your fandom you cancelled this series dammit!!!
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-30, 22:27   Link #8320
Kurohane

Frankly, Force's presentation left a lot to be desired. Nothing against Yukari Higa, but battle manga are not her specialty, and Masaki Tsuzuki could have ironed out the sequence of events more before attempting this. I'm sure these characters will show up in something in the future though.

Tags
manga, nanoha force