AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-05-24, 06:29   Link #41
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Hey, u know recently there's been talk that I might be upgraded to a 'ZAFT Commander' soon! (refer to my previous post for hints)
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 20:40   Link #42
Zertz

I suppose the military is the most obvious, seeing as how I'm in the CF, as for the role I'm most happy with my communications duties so I could be a communicator/controller on a battleship or landcruiser- or go into military intelligence.

Or maybe laser correct my horrible eyesight and pilot.
Zertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 02:35   Link #43
Ribbons
Gundam Knight

In answer to the question, "What would you honestly be good at in Gundam?" (not just what you'd like to be), I would, have to say, Gundam pilot. Listen.

I have found through my many experiences that,
a) I have exceptionally quick reflexes, to the point of freakiness - I've hit people before as a reaction, rather than a thought. Honest to goodness - I didn't even think it, I just did it.
b) I have absolutely no problem at all with hurting people (I always justify they deserve it)
c) I can watch others movements and then predict what they are about to do. I believe this would also hold true for mobile suits.
d) I often imagine situations the same as my current one, simply so I can predict the possible outcomes and find possible needed solutions to them, so that way, if they really do occur, I am prepared and calm. Very handy for battle, I would imagine.
e) I believe myself to be entirely capable of killing people.... I have a lot less emotion than a normal person (Aspergers Syndrome) and don't care about other people. I am told I also have... interesting reactions to some pretty sick situations. Apparently it's not normal to laugh when people are murdered on tv, no matter how much they deserve it.

Of course I'd have to be taught how to use the Gundam. And that could take a while. But once I get the hang of something, watch out! Also, if I were allowed to became a pilot... the person in charge must be really sick! I mean, what kind of person lets a 14-year-old fight in a war! I'm sure they'd have other, just as good pilots. They wouldn't need me.

Probably.

Last edited by Ribbons; 2008-05-10 at 20:08.
Ribbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 02:59   Link #44
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Hehz, my Mobile Suit's role will be solely for peacekeeping purposes. Something lke the GN-X only it's equipped with a true GN Drive. "Nera utsu!!"

I'm mostly a pacifist but hey.... You do what you think is right, yes?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2008-05-10 at 12:02.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 11:44   Link #45
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Cool thread!

I'm still a random student (my dad an engineer), so I'd probably somehow bump into the latest proto-type Mobile Suit, and I'd magically be able to pilot it. Then I'd bump into some guy with a mask, develop a love-hate relationship with him. Then somehow save the day.

Just kidding.

Well I'm a student, and I don't think I can help out in a war apart from being a useless grunt in a Zaku or a GM. To be honest I'm working my way in life to be an artist, and I really don't want to die in a war, so I'd try my best to run away from it. I'd probably be one of those no-name civilians that die in a colony drop .
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 12:35   Link #46
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

That's ridiculous. As I'm basically a graphic designer, I'd be one of the civilians who want to stay away from the trouble. I'd like to see myself being alive for the whole second(s) I was present on the screen, but I don't mind being killed by some huge laser beam. But please, no explosions or machine gun genocides.

Eventually, I can imagine myself being in some freelance rebellion organization. Guerilla or something. Maybe even piloting a model of some cool grunt MS, stolen or bought on the black market. It'd probably have a black/green color scheme.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 14:37   Link #47
Shinkouhyou
(#゚Д゚)

I'd be a scientist making artificial Newtypes, Coordinators, Innovators, etc. to pilot those cutting-edge mobile suits!

Or maybe I'd just clone an army of Tierias for my, uh, personal use.
Shinkouhyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 17:36   Link #48
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbons View Post
In answer to the question, "What would you honestly be good at in Gundam?" (not just what you'd like to be), I would, have to say, Gundam pilot. Listen.

a) I have exceptionally quick reflexes, to the point of freakiness - I've hit people before as a reaction, rather than a thought. Honest to goodness - I didn't even think it, I just did it.
b) I have absolutely no problem at all with hurting people (I always justify they deserve it)
c) I can watch others movements and then predict what they are about to do. I believe this would also hold true for mobile suits.
d) I often imagine situations the same as my current one, simply so I can predict the possible outcomes and find possible needed solutions to them, so that way, if they really do occur, I am prepared and calm. Very handy for battle, I would imagine.
e) I believe myself to be entirely capable of killing people.... I have a lot less emotion than a normal person (Aspergers Syndrome) and don't care about other people. I am told I also have... interesting reactions to some pretty sick situations. Apparently it's not normal to laugh when people are murdered on tv, no matter how much they deserve it.
Your first name wouldn't happen to be Zues would it?
Old 2008-05-12, 01:49   Link #49
Ribbons
Gundam Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Your first name wouldn't happen to be Zues would it?
Who's Zues?
Old 2008-05-12, 02:32   Link #50
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Who's Zues?
Let me guess, as I am not sure myself... some psycho kid who went into school in a bloody rampage?
Old 2008-05-12, 10:50   Link #51
Wal Ouran Leviathan

Quote:

Of course I'd have to be taught how to use the Gundam. And that could take a while. But once I get the hang of something, watch out! Also, if I were allowed to became a pilot... the person in charge must be really sick! I mean, what kind of person lets a 14-year-old fight in a war! I'm sure they'd have other, just as good pilots. They wouldn't need me.

Probably.
Quick reflexes ? Aspies are relatively slow and clumsy.
Wal Ouran Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 12:24   Link #52
rain1904
I have control!

Amusing thread, I'd like to contribute my thoughts:

My Gundam profession might be a pilot, although I prefer to be a long-distance fighter like sniper unit or misilles-equipped unit because I'm sucks at meele. I also like maintenance so I'll help to take care of my own Gundam unit after missions, after someone give me short-lecture how to do that (I'm kinda fast learner so don't worry that I'll mess up with my precious Gundam ). I could also be a tactical strategist, but maybe more to the assistant because I usually think a lot about the side effects, so I guess my opinions can be used as consideration about the safety of the plan. I dunno if there was any profession as spy in Gundam series? I'm a quiet person but surprisingly can connect to a lot of people, and despite my aloof and distance looks, I'm pretty observant of my surroundings.
rain1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 13:10   Link #53
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Who's Zues?

Guess I'll just play along ...

Why don't you just wiki him...He's an older dude that did alot of the things you think you can do...Had alot of kids whom he tortured too...
Old 2008-05-12, 15:03   Link #54
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Guess I'll just play along ...

Why don't you just wiki him...He's an older dude that did alot of the things you think you can do...Had alot of kids whom he tortured too...
It'd be much more clear if you made it more obvious and corrected yourself instead of fooling around. You meant ZEUS, right?
Old 2008-05-12, 19:55   Link #55
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

I'll be in military intelligence. But on the side, I'll be a (major) shareholder for Demongod86's company, because the wise expert has a point.

Work very hard, Demongod, and make us both very, very rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'd be calculating life insurance policies...and with the grunts that'd be getting slaughtered, there'd be no shortage of demand for me!
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 21:06   Link #56
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah I gotta give him credit...Whoever collects death insurance in the C.E. eats with golden utensils...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
It'd be much more clear if you made it more obvious and corrected yourself instead of fooling around. You meant ZEUS, right?
The fact I didn't bold the name combined with the poster's non-benevolent god-like resume should have given you a clue, but I digress, since I created this thread I reserve the right to fool around a bit [/tongue-poke]...
Old 2008-05-13, 01:27   Link #57
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
The fact I didn't bold the name combined with the poster's non-benevolent god-like resume should have given you a clue, but I digress, since I created this thread I reserve the right to fool around a bit [/tongue-poke]...
Clues are for Sherlock Holmes or Morgan Freeman's movie characters. Besides, don't expect all the people to think the way you do. To me, the kid was just acting like a good material for a serial killer Even with the presence of god complex, Zeus is not the first name that comes to my mind when I hear the word "god". And "Zues" even more so

Insurance policies during war? Yeah, let's make profit from conclict... American style!
Old 2008-05-13, 03:07   Link #58
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll be the one cooking up the plots to wipe out half the world's population, although I believe that it's really quite impossible to do that with human hands alone.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 05:04   Link #59
Ribbons
Gundam Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wal Ouran Leviathan View Post
Quick reflexes ? Aspies are relatively slow and clumsy.
Correct! But just because someone has Aspergers does not neccessarily mean they are slow and clumsy. People who have it will probably never *suffer* from it in the exact same way someone else does.

We are all unique
Old 2008-05-13, 05:15   Link #60
Ribbons
Gundam Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
To me, the kid was just acting like a good material for a serial killer
Which is why I would be perfect for the job of Gundam pilot!

P.S. If you think I'm scary/insane now... try being around me if I take too much Zoloft....

I'll give you a clue