AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 00:09   Link #1
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Summer 2012 : Your Expectations and Anticipated Series

Line-up :
Images
Line-up
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here's my animes I planned to watch :

Campione!
Expectation Level : Medium
Reasons : I'll watch for the story and the music composed by Tatsuya Kato (Qwaser of Stigmata). I am a big fan of action/romance stories.

Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere II
Expectation Level : Low
Reasons : A continuation of the first season I already watched 7 months ago.

The Ambition of Nobuna Oda
Reasons : I'll watch only for the music composed by Yasunaru Takanashi (Fairy Tail) and the visuals.

Love, Election & Chocolate
Reasons : Not a fan of eroge-based animes, but I'll watch for the romantic drama elements and the visuals.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-05-18 at 00:45.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 00:45   Link #2
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
All I have to say is... since when did summer suddenly get this epic? Some stuff on my auto-watch list: Campione, Hagure Yuusha, Horizon II, and possibly Kingdom. Also interested in: Kona naka ni Hitori, SAO, Nobuna, Muv-Luv, Aruvu, and posibly Hakuouki. The FT movie might also be interesting

... but on a side note, why the heck isn't Dog Days' on that list? That's also a must-watch for yours truly

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 00:57   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Pretty sure this list is incomplete, since the only shows there I'm bothering with is Hakuouki and Sword Art Online, discounting the movies anyway.

I think I'll look up the others I'm not familiar with.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:07   Link #4
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Yep this list is incomplete. From what I know, Summer seems like this year's "shiny" Slice of life season with Tari Tari (PA Works anime original SOL, which is a must for me), Kokoro Connect (your last chance Shin Oonuma to prove to me that you weren't a one trick pony with ef) and Love Election & Chocolate (DEM CHARACTERS DESIGNS HNNG).

Outside of this, for now I'm interested in Muv Luv Alternative (one of the top rated VN's on VNDB, so I'm curious) and Sword Art Online (Accel World has been great so far, and this is by the same author and the much more popular LN).

Doesn't look anywhere near as strong as this current Spring season due to a lack of "epic" titles, but speculating it to be solid enough to be decent. Should be better than Winter lol.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-04-26 at 03:53.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:44   Link #5
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Way too early. The earliest summer anime start in June and even then the great majority of them don't start until July. Let's try this thread again in late May or something.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 01:48   Link #6
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Muv Luv Alternative (one of the top rated VN's on VNDB, so I'm curious)
You may never find out why its top rated since the anime adaptation covers the side-story only... Unless you read the novel of course.

As for me, Sword Art Online. Working! character designs + swords seems interesting. Not to mention, I heard good things about the protagonist being a capable individual, and it seems he wears a strong armor made of plotanium.

Last but not least, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse. I love the franchise, it'd be blasphemous if I don't watch it. More politics, suffering, and TSFs are always welcome. <3
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 02:29   Link #7
tomtkp

As a Sword Art Online light novel fan, my most anticipated anime of this summer season (even "of the year") is of course SAO. Not minding the character designs, this anime adaptation is falling in my "must watch" list for sure.

Aside from SAO, I would also check out more anime adaptations of several LNs such as Campione!! , Horizon II, Kokoro Connect and so on.

And of course the list is still incomplete, so my list might increase over time.

EDIT: I am also interested in Arve Rezzle though. The synopsis got me interested.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-04-27 at 08:39.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 03:44   Link #8
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well I know the second film of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 comes out on June 30th. Episodes 3-6 of the series. (Out of 7 "films" or 26 episodes)
Old 2012-04-26, 04:34   Link #9
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Even if that list is incomplete, nothing is really jumping out at me yet. Sure a few synopsis' have promising concepts to them but that doesn't ultimately mean I'll give a shit about anything in those shows. There's no guarantee that they will keep their focus on those concepts well either as it could just as easily deviate off into some stupid otaku-catering crap.

I would like one show to watch though. May just end up having to take a gambling dive into one of them with very low expectations. At the very least I hope to see something that is actually funny, and stays that way throughout the duration.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2012-04-26 at 06:09.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 05:13   Link #10
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Looking forward to Campione, Sword Art Online, Hagure Yuusha and Horizon II. More than enough quality for me. I might give Kokoro Connect a try. Same for Muv Luv.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 09:33   Link #11
blewin

disappointed that there aren't many good ones...

gonna follow Horizon 2, Moyashimon (good to see this one back) and Sword Art Online. Maybe Aruvu if it isn't childish? (sounds SAO-ish).

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 10:25   Link #12
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Neregate Chart Version 2.0 has been out for about a week now:

http://static.neregate.com/2012/04/n...2-Anime-v2.png

May 25th UPDATE: Neregate Chart Version 3.0 was released this week:
http://static.neregate.com/2012/05/n...2-Anime-v3.png

May 15th EDIT: Animuchart version 1 is out:
http://i.minus.com/iTmEHRGzZgJgq.jpg

This is the current list of Summer 2012 series:

Some info from Fansub Wiki

All times are JST

TV Series listed on the chart:

Kingdom (38 episodes)
Premiere: June 4 @ 7:00 PM
Studio: Pierrot
Network: NHK-BS Premium
Comments: Episode count per ANN. Going to be simulcast by Funimation.

Pokemon: Best Wishes Season 2
Premiere: June 21, 2012 @ 7 PM
Studio: Oriental Light & Magic
Network: TV Tokyo
Comment: Time and date per Moetron

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
Premiere: July 2 @ 1:35 A.M
Studio: ixtl / Satelight

Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Premiere: July 3 @ 1:30 A.M
Studio: TYO Animations

Yuru Yuri 2
Premiere: July 3, 2012 @ 2 A.M
Studio: Dogakobo
Comments: Premiere date and time confirmed by ANN. Studio and network info on Moetron and Fansub Wiki

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 1:15 A.M
Studio: Dogakobo
Network: Fuji TV

Moyashimon Returns
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 12:45 A.M
Studio: Shirogumi Inc. / Telecom Animation Film
Network: Fuji TV

Sword Art Online
Premiere: July 7, 2012 @ midnight
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Network: Tokyo MX
Comments: Confirmed via Twitter to be 2 cours.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (Love, Election & Chocolate)
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 1:25 A.M
Studio: AIC Build
Network: TBS

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Premiere: July 6, 2012@ 11 A.M
Studio: feel
Network: AT-X/Tokyo MX/TV Kanagawa
Comments: Premiere time per Countdown

Dog Days' (Dog Days Dash)
Premiere: July 7, 2012
Studio: Seven Arcs
Network: Tokyo MX
Comments: Premiere date per ANN and Fansub Wiki

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II)
Premiere: July 8, 2012 @ 2:58 A.M
Studio: Sunrise
Network: MBS

Oda Nobuna no Yabou
Premiere: July 9, 2012 @ 1:05 A.M
Studio: Studio Gokumi / Madhouse
Comments: Premiere date confirmed by ANN, the premiere time, date and network per Fansub Wiki.
(although MisaoFan was the first to say the premiere info although off by a day)

Binbou-gami ga!
Premiere: July 5, 2012 @ 1:50 A.M
Studio: Sunrise

Hakuouki: Reimei-roku
Premiere: July 10, 2012 @ 2:53 A.M
Studio: Studio DEEN
Network: Yomiuri TV

Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-Bu
Premiere: July 14, 2012 @ 11:30 P.M
Studio: AIC Classic
Network: Nico Nico Douga (Niconico Live)
Comment: Listed on both Fansub Wiki and Countdown

Tari Tari
Premiere: July 1, 2012 @ 10:30 P.M
Studio: P.A. Works
Network: TV Kanagawa
Comments: Premiere date, time and network per Fansub Wiki

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 1:55 A.M
Studio: Studio Gokumi
Network: TBS

Campione!
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 11:30 P.M
Studio: Diomedea
Network: AT-X
Comment: As of this update, Countdown and Fansub Wiki both list it. Premiere info from Fansub Wiki

Kokoro Connect
Premiere: July 8, 2012 @ 12:30 A.M
Studio: Silver Link

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 10:30 A.M
Studio: ARMS
Networks: AT-X
Comments: Premiere date per ANN.

Rinne no Lagrange Second Season] (12 episodes)
Premiere: July 1, 2012 @ 10 P.M
Studio: XEBEC
Network: Tokyo MX/Bandai Channel

Joshiraku
Premiere: July 6, 2012 @ 2:25 A.M
Studio: J.C Staff
Network: MBS/TBS

La storia della Arcana Famiglia
Premiere: July 1, 2012 @ 11:30 P.M
Studio: J.C. Staff

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (12 Episodes)
Premiere: July 1, 2012 @ midnight
Studio: AIC ASTA
Comments: Episode Count via AIC website. Premiere time, date and info from Fansub Wiki.

Aruvu Rezuru: Kikai Jikake no Yousei-tachi
Premiere: Summer 2012
Studio: ZEXCS
Network: Nico Nico Douga/BS11

Chitose Get You!!
Premiere: July 2, 2012 @ 12:56 A.M
Studio: Silver Link
Network: AT-X
Comments: This is based on a 4-panel manga, so expect each episode to be only a few minutes in length. Countdown gives the premiere time and confirms that it is a short.

TV Specials listed on the chart:
Stitch! to Suna no Wakusei (1 episode)
Premiere: June 2012
Studio: ?
Network: TV Asahi
Comment: Listed on Fansub Wiki only.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative One ~Kobayashi Opera to 5-Mai no Kaiga~ (TV Special)
Premiere: Summer 2012
Studio: J.C Staff
Network: ?
Comments: Listed as 1 episode by Fansub Wiki and confirmed by ANN.

Series not listed on the chart:

Robin with His 100 Friends Season 2
Premiere: July 2012
Studio: ?
Network: ?
Comments: Confirmed by ANN, and listed on Fansub Wiki and Moetron. Looks like a children's series

Driland
Premiere: July 7, 2102 @ 11:30 P.M
Studio: Toei
Comments: Premiere time listed on Countdown. Other info from MisaoFan and Crunchyroll News.

(Unconfirmed) Blood Lad (listed on Moetron's Summer schedule and on MAL as July 2012. Also listed on Animucharts version 1)

Edited in official websites and updated list. List was taken from the Crunchyroll forum thread "Summer 2012 anime" was slightly modified by me.

May 7th EDIT: Added Premiere time, date and Network for Muv-luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

May 8th EDIT: Added that Countdown lists Ebiten as a Summer series, added that Moetron and MAL list Blood Lad and Yuru Yuri 2 as summer series. Added Joshiraku to list.

May 9th EDIT: Added Premiere time, date and network for Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi and added note that all times are JST

May 10th EDIT: Added network to Stitch anime special and added network and edited to July 2012 rather than Summer 2012 for La storia della Arcana Famiglia

May 15th EDIT: Added premiere dates and time for Moyashimon Returns and Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Added Premiere date, time, studio and network for YuruYuri 2 as it was confirmed for July 3rd by ANN. Added Pokemon: Best Wishes Season 2. Added Animucharts Version 1.0 link

May 16th EDIT: Added link for Pokemon: Best Wishes season 2 and added Robin with his 100 Friends season 2

May 21st EDIT: added date for Dog Days', added network for Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, added link for Robin with His 100 Friends, and added Tantei Opera Milky Holmes Alternative One TV special

May 25th EDIT: added Neregate chart version 3 and put a strikethrough to the previous message about version 2. Reordered the list to match up with Neregate chart 3. Added episode count to Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. Added premiere date, time and network for Oda Nobuna no Yabou and credited MisaoFan for getting the info. Added premiere date for Hagure Yuusha no Estetica

May 26th EDIT: added premiere time, date and network for Tari Tari, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita and Campione!. Corrected the time for Oda Nobuna no Yabou. Added networks for Joshiraku and Hakuouki: Reimei-roku

May 29th EDIT: added premiere date and time for Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate and Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru. Added network and studio for Chitose Get You!!

May 31st EDIT: Added episode count for Kingdom. Added premiere date, time and network for Binbou-gami ga!

June 1st EDIT: Added premiere date for Joshiraku, added premiere date and time for Ebiten

June 5th EDIT: Added premiere time and date for Chitose Get You!! and Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. Added Driland

June 7th EDIT: Added premiere time, date and network for Kokoro Connect. Added Premiere time and date for Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 and Sword Art Online. Added URLs for Chitose Get You and Driland

June 9th EDIT: Added premiere time and date for La storia della Arcana Famiglia and Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II. Added premiere time for Joshiraku and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. Added premiere time and date and changed network for Hakuouki: Reimei-roku

Last edited by AbZeroNow; 2012-06-09 at 14:34. Reason: added premiere time and date for Arcana Famiglia and Horizon II. Added time for Joshiraku and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:46   Link #13
Utsuro no Hako

Most Anticipated:

Tari Tari - The team behind Hanasaku Iroha with an unknown writer in place of Okada. I'm there.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - Can noitaminA produce good shows for two straight cours? Can Japan handle more than one Josei series at a time? Can we have a moratorium on shows with "Summer" in the title?

Yuru Yuri - Need more crazy Japanese comedy. And yuri.

Hopeful:

Sword Art Online - Please, please, please let this be better than Accel World.

Arcana Famiglia - An otome game about the mafia? This should be ... something.

Jinrui Wa Suitai Shimashita - Well the PV got my attention. Let's see if this can match Penguin Drum for craziness.

Kokoro Connect - Plot sounds interesting, but I'm not liking the chipmunk designs.

Uta koi - I don't know how you make an anime of the Hundred Poets, but I'll give it a try.

Morbid Curiosity

Ebiten - I really hope the description of the girls as "fujoshi" is in the sense of "BL fangirls" and not "female otaku." Because the first one would be funny, while the latter would just be another school harem.

Arve Rezzle - I don't know what this is about. Every list of upcoming series seems to've accidentally replaced the description with that of SAO or .hack//.

Chitose Get You - I've heard this is more Recorder and Randoseru than Kodomo no Jikan, but still...

Oda Nobuna No Yabou , Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate, Kono Naka Ni Hitori Imouto Ga Iru - If Crunchyroll gets these, I'll give them a shot, but if I have to put in effort to watch them through other means I won't bother.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 12:48   Link #14
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Moyashimon? Moyashimon? THE Moyashimon?!!?!?>

YES PLEASE.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 17:24   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Arcana Famiglia? Perhaps I'll watch that too... That makes it 4 definites and 3 possibles, quite a nice crop. Might give Dog Days Dash a watch as well, though I'll have to watch the first season before hand.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2012-04-26 at 20:22.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 18:03   Link #16
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Looking at that preview image for Dakara Boku and I dunno, for someone who apparently can't get aroused anymore seems kinda happy in that image.....
Anyway, interested to varying degrees by Moyashimon Returns, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Campione, Rinne, Sword Art Online, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, and Aruvu Rezuru. Pretty sure that once more information on the shows come out that I'll add another four or so to my list to try.

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2012-04-26 at 21:11.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 18:09   Link #17
rickiminato

i my case i shall see:

sword art onile: because is the same autor as accel world
kono naka ni hitori: like haremīs
hagure yusha no estetica:looks interesting
arcana famiglia: this anime reminds me katekio hitma reborn
muv luv alternative: i love the game
Old 2012-04-26, 18:56   Link #18
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

The top 3 to watch for me will ave to be...

1. Sword Art online
2. Campione
3. Moyashimon Returns

Will definitely be checking out all the movies too especially Fairy tail's first movie. Here comes the summer =)
Old 2012-04-26, 20:46   Link #19
Kirarakim

The only series that really interests me is Natsuyuki Rendezvous

However I might check out Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi, you know after loving Chihayayfuru I figure I have to give another series about the 100 poems a shot (of course I wish there was more Chihayayfuru instead)
Old 2012-04-26, 22:17   Link #20
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Chitose Get You!!
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Dog Days s2
Hakuōki Reimeiroku
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere s2
Rinne no Lagrange s2
Tari Tari

These I know ill watch but mostly ill watch it all

Tags