AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 65 43.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 29.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 16.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 5.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-09, 00:07   Link #21
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@M L Monster

lol, How the heck does 'self-stabbing' fit into that list? Makoto's wedding and Shiro's kiss I get, but that?

Well, I guess Mai's kinda different from the other two girls, seeing she still has her health... Minus the physical injuries, but those can heal...

er, I mean, she's just portraited differently...
Old 2007-02-09, 00:08   Link #22
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I got such a freaken heart attack when KyoAni showed the scene of Ayu up in the tree, and then had wind whipping her hair about.

I was completely prepared for "Ahh I lost my balance", but then she just said, "The wind feels nice".

Argh, stop messing with my mind/heart...
Old 2007-02-09, 00:25   Link #23
Raniie

A lot of important scenes for Ayu in this episode... makes me wonder if they're gonna show Ayu's epic scene next episode already. Judging by episode 20 title... I think we might see it, if not, probably episode 21 for sure.
Old 2007-02-09, 00:27   Link #24
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

#20:別れの夜想曲 ~nocturn of separation~
#21:君のいない輪舞曲 ~ronde~
#22:追想の交響曲 ~symphony of recollection~
#23:茜色の終曲 ~the crimsom finale~

Hmm...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-09, 00:52   Link #25
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
I dunno if this is gonna be good or bad,
i just checked on the latest info on future episodes and confirmed that Kanon is gonna end at ep23, and 24 is very likely to be a recap.

Spoiler:

KA are SO gonna end up rushing the ending..... well i hope not, but i already felt the rush for the
Spoiler:

I popped my glasses for that, literally..... however, this episode is fantastic in terms of making and mood. So much for now, ima watch it over a couple more times in case i missed out something....
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
#20:別れの夜想曲 ~nocturn of separation~
#21:君のいない輪舞曲 ~ronde~
#22:追想の交響曲 ~symphony of recollection~
#23:茜色の終曲 ~the crimsom finale~

Hmm...
Don't worry... there is a very good reason why Ep23 is titled the way it is... I won't elaborate, since it is the VERY pinnacle of spoilers in Kanon(2006). I will just state that Ep19 HEAVILY hinted on what to expect in Ep23( combined with ALL the other clues that have been dished out in EVERY SINGLE episode since Ep01).
~~~~ ~~~~

Preliminary Thoughts on Ep19 RAW
  • Nayuki: "Raising Heart! Onegai!"
  • So many clues on Ayu's mystery... I SOOO want to blab about them!
  • Eh? What? Kiss? I need to watch the sub to see whether the moment was natural.
  • They apparently blown too much budget on the Shiori-arc, because the animation went down again in this episode( by KyoAni's usual standards). Nayuki's face in the cafe in particular, almost reverted back to the my-chin-is-half-my-face horror. The compositing of some scenes were also not as well done, and the separate layers could be easily discerned from each other( the most obvious being the balcony scenes, where the snowing background is obviously separate from the Ayu and Yuuichi layers).
Cheers.
Old 2007-02-09, 00:59   Link #26
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemil828 View Post
This site says otherwise

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/910/time

How can there be only 23 episodes if the series runs until March 29th?

I'm kinda doubting the validity of that 26 slots.
I got the info from Newtype megazine March edition where it gives out short official preview of future episodes title. Not to mention it nvr got any of the title wrong b4 they are on air. If that's the case, how are we gonna explain the title written as Finale.

Anyway there isn't any point dwelling on this issue, it be nice to drop it right now.

back on the show:

Is it just me of does that bead looks a lot like a certain weapon of mass destruction......... = =|||
I've watch it a couple more times and still think the
Spoiler:
came too suddenly, as well as U1 and Ayu's relationship. Its like accelerating at top speed right now.

I give a "decent" for this episode, i didn't really feel much going on until the [spoiler word] so its an 8.5 from me. At least that part was done very well.

Quote:
[*]They apparently blown too much budget on the Shiori-arc, because the animation went down again in this episode( by KyoAni's usual standards).
Yea, some places/body ratio are slightly awkward.

Last edited by Bloody Nightingale; 2007-02-09 at 01:06. Reason: text edit
Old 2007-02-09, 01:02   Link #27
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
I'm kinda doubting the validity of that 26 slots.
I got the info from Newtype megazine March edition where it gives out short official preview of future episodes title. Not to mention it nvr got any of the title wrong b4 they are on air. If that's the case, how are we gonna explain the title written as Finale.

Anyway there isn't any point dwelling on this issue, it be nice to drop it right now.
Hint: The finale is not referring to the series. See my above post for a bit more context.

Cheers.
Old 2007-02-09, 01:48   Link #28
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Hint: The finale is not referring to the series. See my above post for a bit more context.

Cheers.
Yeah, I think I know the reason for the title as well. Guess you gotta already be familar with the ending?
Old 2007-02-09, 01:53   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
That being said...
Spoiler for safety only:
Old 2007-02-09, 02:09   Link #30
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
Yeah, I think I know the reason for the title as well. Guess you gotta already be familar with the ending?
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That being said...
Spoiler for safety only:
Well something big is going to happen, but it's not going to be the end of the series... I think.

Spoiler for Yuuichi noticing stuff:
Old 2007-02-09, 04:25   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

That episode was a thing of beauty and a joy forever. So rich. So warm. So happy. So sad. Beautifully scripted and directed.

Horie Yui was right there, and Sugita Tomokazu continues to anchor this show in a perfect place. The evolution of his voice through the show is great. And oh, Nayuki! (Kouda Mariko)

There are definitely 26 episodes, whatever their content. The link mikemil828 posted is as good as it gets for accurate info on these things.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-02-09, 05:25   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

OMG i have spoiled myself before seeing the ep >.< ... and i am already having doubts about the
Spoiler:

... feels like coming from the left field... unless Yuuichi's mindset was off-track to some degree at that moment.... and since i am already spoiled - any mentioning of Shiori/Kaori, or have they left the playing field for now ?
Old 2007-02-09, 06:38   Link #33
Bloody Nightingale
Banzai~! Banzai~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
OMG i have spoiled myself before seeing the ep >.< ... and i am already having doubts about the
Spoiler:

... feels like coming from the left field... unless Yuuichi's mindset was off-track to some degree at that moment.... and since i am already spoiled - any mentioning of Shiori/Kaori, or have they left the playing field for now ?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 08:45   Link #34
chinseimei

Quote:

Cheers.
Hopefully I'm thinking what you're thinking, but do you think the title for Ep23 might also be referring to

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 09:50   Link #35
velocity7

It appears that posting about 23 episodes being just it just dropped; cal.syoboi.jp only lists up to episode 21 now. A booboo?
Old 2007-02-09, 10:42   Link #36
Zoahr

What hit me most in this episode is...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 10:47   Link #37
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for on pearl:

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-02-09, 10:51   Link #38
Raniie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinseimei View Post
Hopefully I'm thinking what you're thinking, but do you think the title for Ep23 might also be referring to

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 10:54   Link #39
Zoahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Spoiler for on pearl:
Could be... but look pretty much like a pearl to me.
We'll see so in the next episode.
Old 2007-02-09, 10:59   Link #40
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoahr View Post
Could be... but look pretty much like a pearl to me.
We'll see so in the next episode.
Erm... it is a teardrop. I'm not sure how you determined it to be a pearl. It may be shaped like one, but given the visual perspective and the context of the scene, it is fai- very obvious that it is a teardrop.

Cheers.