AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-20, 02:05   Link #101
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
Hopefully we'll get back to a regular broadcasting every Wednesday!!
Which is actually Thursday.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 03:14   Link #102
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Which is actually Thursday.
You mean availability of fansubs on Thursday? Because Wednesday broadcast in Japan is never Thursday anywhere else in the world...

-- Sour-Do
Sour-Do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-20, 06:31   Link #103
K_R
also known as K!

Look at the GSG broadcast time carefully: (水)27:38. And if you can't figure it out: Wednesday 27:38, or in Western time 3:38AM Thursday. So, it would be more correct to say "In Japan a 'Wednesday' broadcast doesn't necessarily mean it's on Wednesday."

And here's something interesting, they've jumped to chapter 6 of the manga. I wonder if chapter 8 is next.

Last edited by K_R; 2003-11-20 at 13:10.
Old 2003-11-20, 14:28   Link #104
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
Look at the GSG broadcast time carefully: (水)27:38. And if you can't figure it out: Wednesday 27:38, or in Western time 3:38AM Thursday. So, it would be more correct to say "In Japan a 'Wednesday' broadcast doesn't necessarily mean it's on Wednesday."

And here's something interesting, they've jumped to chapter 6 of the manga. I wonder if chapter 8 is next.
I only meant that we were back to weekly airings, whatever day they are. I used what the official page says, Wednesday.

I'd love that because ch. 8 is my favorite, but ch. 7 will make spec-ops fans wet their undies so I wouldn't like to miss it either. From the preview in the official page, I'd say ep. 6 will adapt ch. 7, doesn't sound like ch. 8 at all. But I use Babelfish, so I might be completely off

Why would they have skipped ch. 4-5? Too strong subject? And I wonder if the American manga release is completely uncensored/unedited, does it come with an age rating?
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 02:10   Link #105
Sour-Do

Send a message via ICQ to Sour-Do Send a message via AIM to Sour-Do Send a message via MSN to Sour-Do Send a message via Yahoo to Sour-Do
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R

Cool, I never thought of that. I thought that ~27:38 was the total duration from start to finish, including commercial break in between. 3:38AM is a brutal time slot. Do the station managers really expect people not to fast forward through commercials when watching video they recorded the night before? Or are anime fans in Japan fanatical enough to be awake to watch the broadcast? ... Sorry, off topic.

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-21, 02:18   Link #106
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour-Do
Or are anime fans in Japan fanatical enough to be awake to watch the broadcast?
I'm not sure why either, but lots of anime seems to be shown in the wee hours of the morning - sure beats infomercials at any rate!
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-21, 02:25   Link #107
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I think because they have so much anime shows running at a time they have to squeeze some shows from midnight on.
Old 2003-11-21, 05:14   Link #108
K_R
also known as K!

I think it's just how Japanese TV programming works. It's just weird. If you take animax's programming sheet as an example: http://www.animax.co.jp/cgi-bin/find...gram_table.cgi
You'll see that the first time is 6AM and the last is 2930 (or 530AM the following day).

And if you didn't know, animax is the 24/7 anime channel.
Old 2003-11-21, 05:57   Link #109
Sour-Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_R
I think it's just how Japanese TV programming works. It's just weird. If you take animax's programming sheet as an example: http://www.animax.co.jp/cgi-bin/find...gram_table.cgi
You'll see that the first time is 6AM and the last is 2930 (or 530AM the following day).

And if you didn't know, animax is the 24/7 anime channel.
Are there any satellite TV providers in the San Francisco bay area that can get this animax channel?

-- Sour-Do
AnimeMuyou!
Old 2003-11-22, 04:10   Link #110
skylion

Episode 5 Promise

More interesting layers keep getting added to this show.

Anyone seen the new one yet?

Spoiler:
skylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 06:38   Link #111
wao
OK.

I'm sure most of you know, but http://www.gunslingergirl.com/onair.html is a very helpful guide (if you know some japanese) to know spoilers for the next episode.

I'm a bad girl, I read the spoilers for every thingy... I'm going to go *TRY* translate Episode 6 blurb (BTW: The title is... gelato?!! GELATO? The... huh? The Japanese kanji, EDIT: I moved it to the spoiler section because uh... maybe.)

Gelato, huh. My brother would be happy as hell. Not like he watches these...

By the way, I'm pretty sure that the 27:38~ you see on the site is *NOT* the time. I doubt they'd employ some weird system that goes past the 24hour system. In that case they'd put Thursday instead of Wednesday, wouldn't they?

I'm very sure that's the episode length, because ~ is a kind of approximation thing, and also two eps have different ones (episode 1 is 27:48, episode 2 is 27:28, the rest are 27:38). Also explain why anyone would bother broadcasting at xx:x8. It is much more convenient to put it at a round number, like :40 or :30.

5 is already spoiled, so here's a crappily-translated blurb of 6: (or my attempt to translate SOMETHING) (Sorry if the spoiler tag is very long...)

Spoiler:

Yes, I'm unecessary, but uh... try not to make me responsible for these translations o_o;;;

There are also character descriptions which may spoil a little about the hcaracters.

I'm wondering why there is no episode on Angelica. I think it's because of er... great, spoiler tag again
Spoiler:

Last edited by wao; 2003-11-22 at 07:10.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 06:43   Link #112
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I'm sure most of you know, but
By the way, I'm pretty sure that the 27:38~ you see on the site is *NOT* the time. I doubt they'd employ some weird system that goes past the 24hour system.
Maybe they're using metric time
Old 2003-11-22, 09:14   Link #113
K_R
also known as K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
By the way, I'm pretty sure that the 27:38~ you see on the site is *NOT* the time. I doubt they'd employ some weird system that goes past the 24hour system. ... I'm very sure that's the episode length
I'll clear this up. The Japanese have a weird TV time scheduling system that starts at 6AM (with 4 timeslots: 朝, 昼, 夜, 深夜 [morning, daytime, nighttime, latenite]). So, what you get is a program schedule that goes up to "29:55", which would be 5:55AM (Animax airs Kogepan at 29:55). Depending on the station and who makes the website, you might see "27:00" or "深夜 3:00" or just "3:00", for example.

Now, on the official GSG website it has "(水)27:38" (ie. in the 深夜 timeslot), take way 24 and you get Thursday 3:38AM. Not satisfied? Then check out the time schedule for GSG on FujiTV's website: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/gsgirl/index.html
"2003年11月27日 3:38~4:08 #6 報酬 gelato" (that's a Thursday).

Last edited by K_R; 2003-11-22 at 09:33.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:33   Link #114
wao
OK.

Thanks for clearing that up then... Damn, I wish they had good stuff like that late night here too.

Weird programmers.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 13:12   Link #115
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
I Luv Girls With Guns!!!
*aznplayboi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 14:39   Link #116
Relentless
Certifiably insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I'm a bad girl, I read the spoilers for every thingy... I'm going to go *TRY* translate Episode 6 blurb (BTW: The title is... gelato?!! GELATO? The... huh? The Japanese kanji, EDIT: I moved it to the spoiler section because uh... maybe.)

Gelato, huh. My brother would be happy as hell. Not like he watches these...
Do you realize the titles of the episodes are in Italian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-11-22, 17:03   Link #117
Teqi
Inactive Member

Ep. 2 foreshadowing...

I've never posted before, so I'm not sure this qualifies as a "spoiler", but to avoid annoying people, i'll put it in spoiler tags... and i didn't see this subject brought up in earlier postings...

Spoiler:
Teqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 17:32   Link #118
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teqi
Spoiler:
Well I'm not sure, but it's the kind of situation I'd expect the show to set up. Obviously any time you have a trusting, caring relationship, expect its betrayal to be exploited for shock value later on.

I'm sure somewhere along the line the organization will eat its own - it's par for the course in this type of show - kind of like WHR.

Last edited by PocariSweat; 2003-11-22 at 21:14.
Old 2003-11-22, 17:38   Link #119
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Gelato means Ice Cream if you care...
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-22, 20:43   Link #120
Relentless
Certifiably insane

I rather expect whole fratellos turning against the organization and the girls will be forced into opposing factions.

Tags
action, drama, sci-fi, seinen