AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-09-06, 19:06   Link #2881
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Jacksonville just released David Garrard days before the season opener against Tennessee. Luke McCown will be the starter.
More likely than not, that clinches Houston's divisional win.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 01:29   Link #2882
Samari
World's Greatest

If Houston doesn't get to the playoffs this year, I don't think they'll ever get there with the current regime. Colts are without Manning for who knows how long and they are a depleted team all around. Jacksonville is looking to be the worst team in the NFL, and the Titans just don't have a lot of impact players, especially on offense other than Chris Johnson...and I don't expect Hasselbeck to rejuvenate his career at his age.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 06:05   Link #2883
solomon

Agree with the stuff on Houston (pull for em cause of Matt Schaub former UVA QB)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 10:31   Link #2884
GDB

Quote:
Jacksonville is looking to be the worst team in the NFL
I don't think they're that bad. Other than Garrard, who are they missing from last year, when they were basically one-game out from the playoffs?

In any case, they certainly aren't looking as bad as the Bengals or Raiders. At worst, they're looking almost as bad as the Redskins.
Old 2011-09-07, 20:46   Link #2885
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think they're that bad. Other than Garrard, who are they missing from last year, when they were basically one-game out from the playoffs?

In any case, they certainly aren't looking as bad as the Bengals or Raiders. At worst, they're looking almost as bad as the Redskins.
I have a feeling they're going to do worse than Garrard did last season. They've looked terrible so far in the preseason. The only impact players they have I can think of off the top of my head are Jones-Drew and Mercedes Lewis. I think the Texans are going to be better too so we'll see.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-09-07, 21:23   Link #2886
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Cut the head off a snake and all you got is a dead Richard...QB is the head, and if you wasted all preseason giving him snaps and STILL cut him, WTF? Straight up moneyplay by the Jacka$$es...All I can say is get ready S.A.'s, your El Jaguar Los Angeles team is on the runway!
Old 2011-09-07, 22:54   Link #2887
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It's a race between Jacksonville, San Diego, and Minnesota to LA!

San Diego has a head start.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 23:29   Link #2888
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
It's a race between Jacksonville, San Diego, and Minnesota to LA!

San Diego has a head start.
I'm thinking we'll see Minnesota and San Diego moving to LA. The Chargers's move won't affect the alignment of divisions, but in the case of Minnesota move, it'd probably switch places with St. Louis in the NFC west.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 01:15   Link #2889
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I'm thinking we'll see Minnesota and San Diego moving to LA. The Chargers's move won't affect the alignment of divisions, but in the case of Minnesota move, it'd probably switch places with St. Louis in the NFC west.
I'd be surprised. The 49ers and Rams have a decent rivalry going on. As do the Packers and Vikings.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-09-08, 14:50   Link #2890
Samari
World's Greatest

Peyton Manning out for 2-3 months with another surgery he underwent this morning. Looks like the AFC South is going to the Texans. If they can't win it this year, then wow GTFO.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-09-08, 15:05   Link #2891
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Colts are going to in an interesting position this year. Peyton just signed his "final" contract for 5 years, and I believed that the Colts were going to draft an "aire to the throne" in the first or second round three or four years from now. However, if Peyton is still having serious neck problems after this year, that may force their hands earlier than planned, especially with the assumption that they are terrible this year.
Old 2011-09-08, 16:14   Link #2892
solomon

Dude, what about Oakland?

I'd think they'd be the most likely ones to head south.

Frankly I am surprised that LA Even got the FUNDING to build a damn stadium with how expensive the land in that county is.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:25   Link #2893
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

From what I understand, San Diego Chargers, St. Louis Rams, and Oakland Raiders, Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars has all had discussions with LA to move to Farmers' Field or Los Angeles Stadium starting in 2016. I believe the Chargers are ahead due to location and the fact that Al Davis and LA may still have some sour feelings toward one another. I also think that Minnesota will get the new stadium they want after the roof collapsed on the old one. The Rams owner is Missouri-based and I don't think he intends to move either.
Old 2011-09-08, 18:25   Link #2894
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
The Colts are going to in an interesting position this year. Peyton just signed his "final" contract for 5 years, and I believed that the Colts were going to draft an "aire to the throne" in the first or second round three or four years from now. However, if Peyton is still having serious neck problems after this year, that may force their hands earlier than planned, especially with the assumption that they are terrible this year.
It's the perfect scapegoat to target Andrew Luck, although I still think he goes to someone else.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-09-08, 22:13   Link #2895
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
I don't see why they'd have to switch divisions. There are plenty of wonky placements in divisions that if they started moving teams, I'd expect them to move a lot of them.

Quote:
It's the perfect scapegoat to target Andrew Luck, although I still think he goes to someone else.
I was actually talking to a friend about this. Bomb this year, get Peyton back, draft Luck, and then have him sit and learn for 1-3 years like Rodgers did. Keeps them in the playoffs for years to come.
Old 2011-09-08, 23:43   Link #2896
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well that sucked a$$...I almost wished we woulda just got slammed then lose on that last goal line run...Sean Peyton might wanna go to the 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 vocational and technical institute...If there's one thing he has completely failed in as coach here; he has always been terrible on those calls...For 6 years, he's got to be like 25% alltime..Not making this $hit up...Love'em obviously, but this is the one thing he just has not ever figured out here...If yall only knew...

Anyways, we'll still have a good season..our offense is too good(and our schedule the last 8 is great), but Harper and his recently signed 42mil better practice some Where's Waldo skills cause he has been EXPOSED...I would put a TE on him every game and watch that bread get toasted...

He can't cover 1 on 1...We had to change our whole defense because of him tonite, that's why we REALLY got hosed..That and the $hitty field...

Ugh I'm pi$$ed....

GEAUX

PAIN
Old 2011-09-08, 23:52   Link #2897
GDB

There's a few things that I thought of during this game that I'm sure more experienced viewers may be able to explain.

1) Why are there so few laterals? I understand not wanting to risk a pick, but quite often I'll see a completely open person to their side and they just let themselves get taken down.

2) More fake punts/fgs. I get that they're hard, but still.

3) On that final play... why does the runner never bee-line for the side and go around the giant pile of defenders? Seems like it'd be especially easy for the QB if he faked the hand-off, since he wouldn't have to worry about a sharp turn like the RB might have to.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:03   Link #2898
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

1.) Most defenses have a man or two watching the flat, so many times where the RB looks wide open on TV, odds there is a defender just off screen coming to the ball (like this). Also, most pass plays have a priority target. The RB on the flat is usually the bail-out option when no one else is open.

2.) Serious field position and points will be lost if it fails. Plus, if there is more of them, they would become harder to execute because the defenses would be more likely to prepare for it.

3.) A lot of RBs do, but they don't always work. Depends on the amount of faith the coaches have in their O-lines and the strength of the defense, really. Bootlegs by the QB are fairly common, but again, most defenses have a man (usually the CBs) or two on the outside whose job is to contain for that. It works best when the defenses isn't expecting it. If the defenders don't bite on the fake like #77 in the video did, a QB like Peyton Manning or Drew Brees doesn't have much of a shot. In fact, when in the situation against scrambling QBs like Micheal Vick, I guarantee you that the defense would have been a bit more spread out on the goal-line.
Old 2011-09-09, 01:38   Link #2899
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dude, what about Oakland?

I'd think they'd be the most likely ones to head south.
Raiders are probably going to move over to San Francisco and play in the stadium SF is planning for Hunter's Point.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:15   Link #2900
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Great opener for the Packers. They haven't lost any momentum from last season. And now they have a boosted ground threat with healthy a Grant plus Starks's probably going to have a breakout season this year.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports