AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 01:53   Link #1
black monster
i don't work for points

Betrayal

Betrayal is something a lot of humans feel throughout their life at least once, if not more. I don't want to bring up any past memories for you, but if you're comfortable in sharing your experiences then please post it up here.
What do you do when you're betrayed? How do you react? In what ways do you cope? Discuss here, and remember, repsect other views and opinions

Last edited by black monster; 2008-04-09 at 02:37.
black monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 06:45   Link #2
Chained Ryu
Lost in Lyoko

This is a very interesting topic. As a writer, I know that betrayal is something that adds tension to a plot, as it is a negative feeling most humans can identify with. Even I, who has never encountered such a situation can understand it in even a basic form.

Trouble with asking questions based on it is that betrayal doesn't happen nearly as often as one would think - and so few have experinces to share.

While betrayal abounds in fiction, I have yet to even hear of a single real life encounter with it.

*sigh* ...I suppose the true feeling of such an act will forever remain a mystery to me...

At the risk of sounding stupid, I will confess that I have actually wished to be able to have felt it first hand.

However, wishes are only that if they cannot come true.
Chained Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 07:04   Link #3
black monster
i don't work for points

that is really great news to hear.

i wish from the bottom of my heart that you will never be betrayed.
Old 2008-04-10, 08:53   Link #4
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

If someone betrayed me, i would cry.
And then kick that bastards ass.

But sometimes, the reason of betrayal
is more important than the betrayal itself.
(did that make any sense to you?!)
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 10:08   Link #5
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin View Post
But sometimes, the reason of betrayal
is more important than the betrayal itself.
(did that make any sense to you?!)
yes it did.

some reasons can break your heart and the wound can not healed.
Old 2008-04-11, 23:56   Link #6
Sakaragi

What kind of betrayal? Love life? Backstabbed by a friend? Well, I don't have anything like that but I have a good friend who experienced it. It was our last few weeks in boot camp, and my friend recieved a Dear John letter, after being with this girl for about 4 years. He seemed to regret all the time and energy spent on her to be wasted but he still had a family, friends and realized that the sooner he went on with his life, and the less time he moped and regretted, the less the pain would be.

But that's kind of a common story for betrayal it seems, especially for military. Happens all the time, sadly.
Sakaragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:53   Link #7
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Hmm, sure I'll share a story.

There was a boy with a Jurassic Park T-Rex action figure (me) who loaned it to a friend. The boy never saw the toy again...

Ok a more serious betrayal story of mine was when one of my friends lied to a teacher to get out of trouble that I was the one who broke a projector. I eventually sorted the situation out, but he wasn't my friend anymore for sure.

A girl I liked lied to me about not having a girl friend, I was crushed and then concluded that women are a waste of my money and time and therefor I have not attempted to date for the last 4 years nor will I for the next 10 years or so.

A friend physically stabbed me with a pencil in the back (By accident).

Those are my experiences, unglamorous and all.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 03:34   Link #8
black monster
i don't work for points

here is my story

a friend of mine meet a group of people and liked them so he introduced me to them

we spent six months together.after six months the leader of the group told my friend

that the group hates me becuse thay say that i have to see a therapy becuse i have a

mental problem. thay told him ethier i go or he get suspended.

my friend did not argue with them about that he told them that he is going to do what

thay want.

and he came and told me everything. when i asked him why didn't you fought back?

he said that he didn't know anything about me.

For 17 years, we lived together. and he says that he doesn't know anything about me.
Old 2008-04-12, 04:27   Link #9
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by black monster View Post
here is my story

a friend of mine meet a group of people and liked them so he introduced me to them

we spent six months together.after six months the leader of the group told my friend

that the group hates me becuse thay say that i have to see a therapy becuse i have a

mental problem. thay told him ethier i go or he get suspended.

my friend did not argue with them about that he told them that he is going to do what

thay want.

and he came and told me everything. when i asked him why didn't you fought back?

he said that he didn't know anything about me.

For 17 years, we lived together. and he says that he doesn't know anything about me.
That's harsh and the worst kind of betrayel except maybe a girlfriend or wife cheating on you. The one thing I depend on is that my friends remain loyal and I feel like that will never change with the friends I have now, but similar situations have happened to me. Problem is when you make popular friends or more specifically in my case a popular best friend there's a higher chance that they'll become currupted and and their life will become about appeasing the majority. Eventually he didn't have a strong enough will to stay friends with me because other people are spouting bad stuff about me and stupidly he listened. We just don't talk to eachother much now but I chose my path and he chose his, his path was appeasing everyone important, getting a girlfriend as soon as possible and staying cool. While my path was to simply look after myself, get good grades and be happy. I didn't rush to get a gf but I have one now so what's the problem? It's sad that we don't talk anymore but we do have a respect for eachother, after all he was pretty cool just confused and didn't know what was really important (we were only in high school).

It was sad and dissapointing because we clicked when together but I got over it and found new best friends. I'm sure the same will happen to you black monster
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 04:39   Link #10
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Mm, betrayal eh? To be honest there are a lot of times that I've been betrayed, but I seem to have more vivid memories about me doing the betraying. I've done a lot of bad things to my friends and family --some of the things I took a particular joy in doing-- but in the end I guess I have to forgive and ask for forgiveness. I have no regrets, for the moment and future, and the funny thing is that I've become much closer to many of those I've backstabbed.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 05:00   Link #11
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
That's harsh and the worst kind of betrayel except maybe a girlfriend or wife cheating on you. The one thing I depend on is that my friends remain loyal and I feel like that will never change with the friends I have now, but similar situations have happened to me. Problem is when you make popular friends or more specifically in my case a popular best friend there's a higher chance that they'll become currupted and and their life will become about appeasing the majority. Eventually he didn't have a strong enough will to stay friends with me because other people are spouting bad stuff about me and stupidly he listened. We just don't talk to eachother much now but I chose my path and he chose his, his path was appeasing everyone important, getting a girlfriend as soon as possible and staying cool. While my path was to simply look after myself, get good grades and be happy. I didn't rush to get a gf but I have one now so what's the problem? It's sad that we don't talk anymore but we do have a respect for eachother, after all he was pretty cool just confused and didn't know what was really important (we were only in high school).

It was sad and dissapointing because we clicked when together but I got over it and found new best friends. I'm sure the same will happen to you black monster

i have found some new friends now and thay are better than him i am happy

and sad for him becuse i know what these people are planning to do
Old 2008-04-12, 09:31   Link #12
Mon Cheri
nope
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
i have found some new friends now and thay are better than him i am happy

and sad for him becuse i know what these people are planning to do
- Glad to hear you got some new friends!

- If you know what those people are planning to do,
you should tell him.

I hate people who think they're
prettier and more popular than everyone else.
One of my best friends was like that,
until i caught her picking on a girl
in my class who had no friends.
It was like 20 people who stood around the poor girl
and said "hit her, hit her, hit her"
and so my best friend did.
I've never been so mad. I ran out of the school cafeteria
in snow whitout shoes and beated the sh*t out of her.
(I know Taekwondo, lol)
We became enemies for over half a year, but then we
became friends again.

And now, she doesn't pick on anyone.

(I guess i was the one who betrayed, lol.)
Mon Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 09:36   Link #13
ZeosX
Oh castitatis lilium

Send a message via AIM to ZeosX Send a message via MSN to ZeosX
Someone betrays me... fuck them. Plain and simple, that's it for me. If I trust someone enough not to betray me and they do, that is reason enough for me to never see them again.
ZeosX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 11:40   Link #14
black monster
i don't work for points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeosX View Post
Someone betrays me... fuck them. Plain and simple, that's it for me. If I trust someone enough not to betray me and they do, that is reason enough for me to never see them again.

so you live as if that never exist
Old 2008-04-12, 13:26   Link #15
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
so you live as if that never exist
That seems like the best way to me. Though it does depend on the extent of betrayel, getting upset over little things is a bit petty and if you're that bothered by it then talk to the person in a civil manner.

Then we get those 'drama-queens/kings' who get overly excited and just want some drama in their lives, they act devastated and try to make you feel guilty but then apologise later . ie.

friend: 'Oh NOEZ how could you go to the park to play football when I asked you to come play football with me!?'
me: 'Because I said I would go to the park with the others first'
friend: 'I thought we were best friends how could you betray me!11!'
me: 'baka, first come first serve nothing to do with friendship'
friend: 'I thought you were the one person I could trust!!!111'
me: 'baka, get away from me'
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 13:57   Link #16
black monster
i don't work for points

Everytime someone been betrayed, that person always go through the same span of

emotions. First, it's shock. that person usually struggle to comprehend that such an

event has happened. The question is always: "Why? Why me?" Then comes the tears.

The hurt that usually follows the numbness of shock takes over threatens to spill,

before anger usually kicks in and revenge grasps the mind. After that, I tend to just

think: "You know what? If you keep dwelling in this, you'll be stuck. Just move on."

That's pretty much what you should do. It's a struggle 'to get over' things but it's a

move you have to make in order for wounds to heal.
Old 2008-04-12, 15:40   Link #17
Kamui4356
Aria Company

A friend of mine back when I was like 12 arranged to have my bike stolen with some new friends of his. The worst part was I didn't find out about it until a few years later when one of them told me about it. I have no reason to doubt the guy, since the only way he could have known about it is if my former friend had told him. Hell I didn't even know they knew each other until he said something.

Thinking back though, they probably did me a favor. That bike was a piece of junk that popped it's chain constantly. I got a better one out of the deal. It still hurt at the time though. Partly because of that I now tend not to make close friends though. I try to keep people at a distance.
Old 2008-04-12, 16:56   Link #18
Sakaragi

I wonder how many families, and couples are broken by betrayal. If you think about how high divorce rates are...
Sakaragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:24   Link #19
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
They got lower recently because people have chosen to just live together and wait for marriage.
Thentus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:41   Link #20
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well first we need to classify the degree of betrayal:

1) You are dating someone, and that person cheats on your best friend behind your back.

2) Someone promised to go to the game with you, but he got into a car accident and is in a hospital hanging to his life. At the game, you are completely angry because you were betrayed.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote