AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

Old 2020-08-17, 11:53   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The funny thing is that it doesn't even feel like the girls helped save Kirito. His literal wife and lover felt inconsequential compared to his bro Eugeo . I know the intention was for the girls to get really close and Eugeo pushing it over the top. But it didn't quite feel that way. Also it feels weird for Sinon to be there at all. Asuna has the obvious emotional connection there. Suguha is his sister so again that makes sense. Sinon...is...one of the harem? I guess female friend and Eugeo covering the male friend kind of creates good symmetry though. Still trying to ignore Sinon being so obviously after a guy that is already in a relationship since that looks kind of bad on her.

Anyways. I'm going to mostly purge the past couple episodes from memory. Kirito is back, he's got this, everyone else can take a seat. The regrets of how pointless the Asuna and Eiji fights were will remain, but I don't have to focus on that.

Now it's just an easy road to the finale. Kirito can smoke this guy in half an episode at most. Only writing convenience kept Vassago alive after Asuna destroyed him anyways. After that just have to get him a dragon, he'll fly off to save Alice, maybe smoke any enemies still bothering Leafa if it's on his way, wave at Sinon as he passes her by, and goes off to kill the last boss. The action, music, should both be epic so this will be plenty fun.
Old 2020-08-17, 12:08   Link #122
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The funny thing is that it doesn't even feel like the girls helped save Kirito. His literal wife and lover felt inconsequential compared to his bro Eugeo . I know the intention was for the girls to get really close and Eugeo pushing it over the top. But it didn't quite feel that way. Also it feels weird for Sinon to be there at all. Asuna has the obvious emotional connection there. Suguha is his sister so again that makes sense. Sinon...is...one of the harem? I guess female friend and Eugeo covering the male friend kind of creates good symmetry though.
Sinon and Kirito bonded because they both have PTSD.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 12:15   Link #123
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
The funny thing is that it doesn't even feel like the girls helped save Kirito. His literal wife and lover felt inconsequential compared to his bro Eugeo . I know the intention was for the girls to get really close and Eugeo pushing it over the top. But it didn't quite feel that way.
Yeah, no idea how it came over in the novel, but in the anime this was really poorly executed.
Old 2020-08-17, 13:22   Link #124
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
And as a result nothing has changed. Eiji's intervention was and is completely pointless. One could cut out all of his scenes and nothing would be missing.
I assume it'll come into play more once Vassago is defeated and the Chinese and Korean players are freed from the brainwashing and don't need to be spoonfed what happened.
Quote:
This is entirely your (wishful) assumption. Nothing shown in the last few minutes of the episode implies that the fight is going to be any easier due to this. And as if Kirito needed the fight to get easier.
I think we'll have to actually see what happens with the fight. In boss terms I think Vassago is on his last health bar and in his final phase after fighting Eiji and Asuna .
Quote:
Again, the whole scene brings nothing of substance and is only there for the "cool" factor. This scene, as well as Eiji's appearance, is the very definition of style over substance.
I think there was plenty of substance in terms of Eiji and Asuna's character and what they put into that fight, especially Eiji redeeming himself and Asuna getting to talk to Yuuki again and pushing herself past the limits of her Goddess account.
Quote:
The funny thing is that it doesn't even feel like the girls helped save Kirito. His literal wife and lover felt inconsequential compared to his bro Eugeo . I know the intention was for the girls to get really close and Eugeo pushing it over the top. But it didn't quite feel that way. Also it feels weird for Sinon to be there at all. Asuna has the obvious emotional connection there. Suguha is his sister so again that makes sense. Sinon...is...one of the harem? I guess female friend and Eugeo covering the male friend kind of creates good symmetry though. Still trying to ignore Sinon being so obviously after a guy that is already in a relationship since that looks kind of bad on her.
It had to be Eugeo because of how much Kirito still blamed himself for Eugeo's death. Nobody else could help him absolve himself of that guilt other than the person he felt he couldn't save and was more deserving to live.

Sinon was his partner during GGO, which was the first time they really dealt with his trauma over killing, and the first time he really talked with anyone about it. She helped him beat Death Gun. I don't think Sinon is any different from the other girls in the Harem as far as loving a guy who is in a committed relationship, she's just usually acted on her feelings more subtly up until that kiss.
Quote:
Anyways. I'm going to mostly purge the past couple episodes from memory. Kirito is back, he's got this, everyone else can take a seat. The regrets of how pointless the Asuna and Eiji fights were will remain, but I don't have to focus on that.
I still don't think they were pointless .
Quote:
Now it's just an easy road to the finale. Kirito can smoke this guy in half an episode at most. Only writing convenience kept Vassago alive after Asuna destroyed him anyways. After that just have to get him a dragon, he'll fly off to save Alice, maybe smoke any enemies still bothering Leafa if it's on his way, wave at Sinon as he passes her by, and goes off to kill the last boss. The action, music, should both be epic so this will be plenty fun.
I think you're really overestimating how easy this is and how much Kirito will actually do .
Old 2020-08-17, 13:29   Link #125
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think there was plenty of substance in terms of Eiji and Asuna's character and what they put into that fight, especially Eiji redeeming himself and Asuna getting to talk to Yuuki again and pushing herself past the limits of her Goddess account.

I still don't think they were pointless .
You are just putting lipstick on a pig. The fights weren't needed to get to the "results" you are trying to talk up and they certainly did not add any substance in the context of the current story arc itself. This is not Ordinal Scale or Mother's Rosario.
Old 2020-08-17, 15:00   Link #126
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
The funny thing is that it doesn't even feel like the girls helped save Kirito. His literal wife and lover felt inconsequential compared to his bro Eugeo
This pretty much summarizes the entirety of Kirito’s relationships in Alicization.
Old 2020-08-17, 15:57   Link #127
Frontier

Quote:
You are just putting lipstick on a pig. The fights weren't needed to get to the "results" you are trying to talk up and they certainly did not add any substance in the context of the current story arc itself. This is not Ordinal Scale or Mother's Rosario.
Considering how cumulative this arc is trying to be as far as the overall saga of SAO, I'd say they're relevant and substantive in their own right and I thought they were necessary within the context of the anime. Just my take on it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
This pretty much summarizes the entirety of Kirito’s relationships in Alicization.
So I guess Eugeo was the true Main Heroine of this arc after all ?

If anyone should probably feel slighted I'd say it's Alice...
Old 2020-08-17, 16:15   Link #128
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Considering how cumulative this arc is trying to be as far as the overall saga of SAO, I'd say they're relevant and substantive in their own right and I thought they were necessary within the context of the anime. Just my take on it .
No problem with you subjectively liking everything about this arc, it's your right. However, your whole argumentation logic here is simply reverse-engineering a justification for the existence of a meaning of the scenes. If we flip it around and assume these scenes were non-existent (both in the novel and the anime), would you be coming out saying they really should have included scenes like that? No you wouldn't. That you need to reach back to some metaphysical "overall saga of SAO" to find some substance is if you look at it seriously just another piece of evidence of the lack of substance and meaning of these scenes. They look cool and bring some nostalgia, but that's all there is. There is no purpose for them within the context of the current story arc. Nothing would be missing if these scenes were cut. This is not Avengers Endgame (and even that fumbled a couple of sequences).
Old 2020-08-17, 16:53   Link #129
rladls2121

Funny about Eiji though. People may point out that is actually hacking.
There, he is the actual "hacker" in the realist sense, who can convert ALO account to an old SAO account, and the pixie that can change her body size must be his software used for "hacking". They say it is "Yuna-chan". So how can Yuna appear out of nowhere unless if there are any "hacking" involved?

Moonphase and Siune, this is the proof they are not hacking, right?
Though it is still hard to prove that which country server they are actually in.
So I don't know if the whole Laughing Coffin reveal means anything at this point.

Red Knights, my deepest sympathies go out to all of you. These people still have no idea what the hell is going on, and maybe except for the ones with their faces shown.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 22:04   Link #130
Frontier

Quote:
No problem with you subjectively liking everything about this arc, it's your right. However, your whole argumentation logic here is simply reverse-engineering a justification for the existence of a meaning of the scenes. If we flip it around and assume these scenes were non-existent (both in the novel and the anime), would you be coming out saying they really should have included scenes like that? No you wouldn't. That you need to reach back to some metaphysical "overall saga of SAO" to find some substance is if you look at it seriously just another piece of evidence of the lack of substance and meaning of these scenes. They look cool and bring some nostalgia, but that's all there is. There is no purpose for them within the context of the current story arc. Nothing would be missing if these scenes were cut. This is not Avengers Endgame (and even that fumbled a couple of sequences).
I don't think I'm reverse-engineering a justification, just that I feel I see enough meaning in those sequences that warranted their inclusion and gave them purpose. If they were to take them out I would think they would need to replace them with similar scenes.
Old 2020-08-18, 01:55   Link #131
Friday
Im shy too...

Yuuki (spirit) made a brief appearance wow!!!

if she was alive, I say she'll have a crack at him.

it took Eugeo to awaken & (imo) cleanse Kirito his pass guilts.

Wouldn't be surprise it be a 2 part episode
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 04:35   Link #132
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Asuna taking out the insane killer followed by everyone banding together to kill the big bad would workout fine. Then having Kirito wake up just as they are getting news that everything is safe in the real world would have made as close to a good ending as this franchise has ever gotten.
Eh, I don't think it would have work well thematically. As refreshing as has been to have Kiritoless episodes, he was still a very active character at first half of this arc & its core conflict still concerns him. It would have been weird for him not participate in the final battle.

Honestly, I'm not going goes as far say everything everyone has been doing up to now has been useless because that's not really fair or accurate. This war was fought on multiple fronts that would have been impossible for one person to handle. Even if Kirito had straight up beat Vassago like he will now, the demi-humans & dark territory human would been wiped out but the summoned player if Suguha not shown up earlier. If Snion wasn't holding off Miller he would caught up with Alice this whole thing would have been for naught.

Its only Asuna who really got robbed here. It wouldn't have been as bad if Vassago felt burden by his injuries or powerful enough Asuna wouldn't be able to land such a fatal blow, just heavy wound. But the show just seems like it wanted to have its cake and eat it too. Basically I agree with general consensus that there was no reason for Kirito to be the one to defeat Vassago with Miller still out there. If Reki wanted have Kirito confront Vassago there better ways to do without undermining Asuna or Eiji this much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sinon and Kirito bonded because they both have PTSD.
Ok this made me laugh out loud
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 10:26   Link #133
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Its only Asuna who really got robbed here. It wouldn't have been as bad if Vassago felt burden by his injuries or powerful enough Asuna wouldn't be able to land such a fatal blow, just heavy wound. But the show just seems like it wanted to have its cake and eat it too. Basically I agree with general consensus that there was no reason for Kirito to be the one to defeat Vassago with Miller still out there. If Reki wanted have Kirito confront Vassago there better ways to do without undermining Asuna or Eiji this much.
I kind of get it given this was basically Asuna's one big fight this season aside from her brief clash with Alice in the last cour, and I've read that the anime had already cut a few of her major action sequences by this point, so the fact that she didn't get a definitive win is a little disappointing.

I guess if I was to take a more flattering view of it she and Kirito pulled an SAO Switch to fight Vassago, but I can understand feeling like there was more emphasis placed on Kirito fighting him at the end compared to Asuna's. It'd be awesome if they tag-teamed him, but I'm not expecting it .
Quote:
Ok this made me laugh out loud
It's funny because it's true .
Old 2020-08-21, 02:43   Link #134
rladls2121

I'm still curious how this will end. Is this is going to be a biggest international incident so far in SAO involving VR? What will Kirito does from now on will be watered-down in the public news, I guess. To some people, this is just a bad dream, people download something from an unknown link and somehow sent to some "Isekai" to kill each other and gets frozen after hearing the words "Enhance Armament" from a guy with a wheelchair wakes up from a disabled state.

Vassago seems way too strong, he speaks four languages, professional killer, good at VR games, and very good at imagining things. I would love to see how the fight might have been played out against Bercouli, if he didn't go up against Miller. Took out SAO's Eiji and Stacia Asuna with Yuuki somehow inside her somewhere. Makes me question are Eiji and Asuna anywhere strong as Bercouli at that moment?

Even after all this time, does anyone still think Kikuoka is simply grey?
The first time I saw him, the only reason he gives me those bad-guy vibes is because i depended on how Kazuto interactions with him.
Though Kazuto doesn't actually think Kikuoka is evil, he never treated him as a friend or one of his associates.
For no real reason, I can't help myself but to think he is some kind of a bad guy in a weird way. I cannot stop thinking he isn't a good man with and without in a position he is in. He is just an another character wearing a glasses, Sugou, Shinichi, Shino, Higa, and Kikuoka all wears glasses. Then why do I feel something like a charisma from him, I just don't know why? Something is wrong with me.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 11:59   Link #135
Frontier

It's time to settle the score from Aincraid between Kirito and Vassago .

I'm glad Tiese got to see Eugeo one last time .

You thought Eugeo was done? Nope! He returns once again to push Kirito to overcome Vassago's strength and finally re-forge the Blue Rose Sword. Kirito can once again dual-wield his and Eugeo's blades, truly becoming the Black Swordsman again .

I can't think of a better repudiation of Vassago and his methods than Kirito absorbing his army and using their shared love of adventure and online gaming instead of the desire to kill that Vassago used to possess them with .

Kirito pulled a Josuke on Vassago. Rather than have him log out and continue to terrorize him and Asuna, he forces him to stay in the Underworld as a harmless tree that people will pass by and try (likely in vain) to chop down. He can't kill anything any more and is now just a part of the scenery. So much for "showtime" .

I love how Klein is the first one to properly reconvene with Kirito. Buddies 'til the end .

Saving the best for last for Asuna finally physically reuniting with Kirito. That was a sweet, tender, moment but I would've loved a kiss .

Kirito flying while princess carrying Asuna, as I live and breathe .

As if things weren't hard enough, now they've got a time limit for stopping Miller and saving Alice before Kirito and Asuna get stuck in the Underworld for far longer than the human mind can possibly take it .

Hey, at least Kikuoka finally admits he deserved all the criticisms Kirito sent his way .

I like how Alice tried to send her dragons off so she could face Miller alone, so they could live on and have families while she sacrifices herself. It's just too bad those dragons are too darn loyal for their own good .

But just when Alice is about to lose even more people she loves to Miller, her swordsman finally arrives to save her as she knew he would. It's time for Kirito vs Miller for all the marbles .
Old 2020-08-22, 12:43   Link #136
Sakuratsuki

The last few episodes felt like I was watching Dragon Ball where everyone was waiting for Goku to save the day. Dragon ball vibes all the way even with flying Kirito.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2020-08-22 at 13:34.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 14:42   Link #137
Marina2

Ep.19

Gotta say, that was beautiful episode. Oh, Vassago, boredom is far worth than death and you will be trapped in underworld after the time run faster in there too.
Old 2020-08-22, 16:27   Link #138
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.19

Gotta say, that was beautiful episode. Oh, Vassago, boredom is far worth than death and you will be trapped in underworld after the time run faster in there too.
Yeah, I doubt they're going to get him out before the time limit runs out. He might basically be a vegetable by the time anyone logs him out.
Old 2020-08-22, 20:10   Link #139
velvet nightmare

what a weird and random sword ability, turning someone into a tree.

and kirito is able to force log out other players and somehow their resources can only be collected by him and not vassago. it's like underworld's rules don't even matter any more.

on a philosophical side note, I don't think there's anything detrimental to a human mind/soul living for 200+ years as long as there's mental stimulation (vassago is probably screwed though). I'm sure there are plenty of people who are 90+ years old and are sharp as a tack. Generally speaking mental functions degrade as people age due to physical factors, not sure this applies to someone plugged into a computer.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 22:45   Link #140
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
and kirito is able to force log out other players and somehow their resources can only be collected by him and not vassago. it's like underworld's rules don't even matter any more.
Umm.....He technically "kill" them. Those roses on frozen enemy was another effect of Eugeo sword that leech the ĞLifeğ of frozen enemy and turns it into Sacred Power, then released into the area. This skill was used in previous season too.