AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 04:00   Link #701
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I was watching the fight with roberta and revy.
Spoiler:

edit: ok now there are some unbelievable physics going on, i think i'll just skip some of the action sequences.

Last edited by anselfir; 2007-01-08 at 04:11.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 02:39   Link #702
bloodwork
Ballin'

Geneon licenses Black Lagoon

the fragfest comes stateside in April, whooooooooooooooooooo!!!
bloodwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 00:53   Link #703
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Is there an indication of who the voice actors are for the English version?

(Side note: IMDB had nothing on this series until I added it, then they put in only about 10% of what I submitted, under a ridiculously Engrished title..)
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 02:07   Link #704
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
edit: ok now there are some unbelievable physics going on, i think i'll just skip some of the action sequences.
Like you, I thought the unbelievability of the action sequences detracted from the overall sense of realism in the rest of the show. The protagonists are always assaulted by a hail of bullets and nearly always (but not always) escape unscathed. This was most problematic in the sequence you're talking about here between Revy and Roberta. While it's less pronounced later on, there's still a strong fantasy component in the action sequences.

I like many things about Black Lagoon, but implausible battles like these are not among them.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 02:13   Link #705
ImClueless
Rawr

Black Lagoon isn't a realistic portrayal at mercenary/gang life. It it more of a Hollywood action flick where the antagonist always has horrible aim and the protagonist has unlimited ammo hack on. I personally enjoyed the battles since it is a nice departure from the typical giant robots fighting one another or heroes with swords and energy attacks versus a multi-tentacled monster. Although it would be nice to have a truly "realistic" action show, an anime version isn't really necessary since a live action version would serve a show of that genre much better.
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 13:00   Link #706
Jas0n
The Urzu 69er

I agree with ImClueless. I am enjoying Black Lagoon for it's over the top action and "real world" appeal. It is definitely a breath of fresh air after watching hours of giant mech sword battles piloted by superhuman high school students who struggle through social activities.
Jas0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 22:58   Link #707
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Rewatching the Roberta episodes brought home many of anselfir's criticisms above.

Spoiler:

Ah, well, Fujiyama Gangster Paradise still awaits.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 00:59   Link #708
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Rewatching the Roberta episodes brought home many of anselfir's criticisms above.

Spoiler:

Ah, well, Fujiyama Gangster Paradise still awaits.
That's due to alterations on the part of the animators from the manga. Originally Roberta and Lagoon Company went straight from the exploded bar to, her jumping on the car and being aimed at, then straight (non-stop) to the port where Balalaika organised the showdown, so there was little time for them to let the hostage go.

(And, obviously, the extention helped add in bonus Terminator references. )
Old 2007-10-25, 13:12   Link #709
SGT.Mitsuki
I'm Darker Than Black
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Yes. He reacted negatively to it.
LOL xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's due to alterations on the part of the animators from the manga. Originally Roberta and Lagoon Company went straight from the exploded bar to, her jumping on the car and being aimed at, then straight (non-stop) to the port where Balalaika organised the showdown, so there was little time for them to let the hostage go.

(And, obviously, the extention helped add in bonus Terminator references. )
those roberta terminator scenes were cool huh ^^ ?

anyways any 1 know lots of other animes with the main char being a girl with guns ?... gotta admit theres nothing cooler ^^ ne ? (btw swords r cool too)

Jya ne,
Mits
SGT.Mitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 11:31   Link #710
dhcalva

Hey, does anyone know what song Revy is listening to during the boat jumping/destruction scene in episode 3?
dhcalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 10:16   Link #711
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Hrrm I'm not sure, it's probably not the same as the manga...haven't watched season one in a while. In the manga though she is listening to "Devil Man" by White Zombie.
Old 2011-02-04, 06:52   Link #712
tyciol
*Artist

So, discussion seems to have died down since this was licensed. So, to make a note as an addendum for anyone reading it, be reminded that there was a "second barrage" season 2. A separate thread for discussing that is here : http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36151 though I imagine people do discuss both series collectively, they do have separate trackers

http://animesuki.com/series.php/792.html
http://animesuki.com/series.php/980.html

So it'd make sense to have separate threads in some situations especialy when there was a huge delay, although both seasons of this did come out rather closely, within 2006.

Lately there is news regarding Blagoon as I'm sure it's been termed (yay portmanteas) in that there is a new series of OVAs coming out intermittendly 2010-2011. 3 out of 5 have aired so far: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...7s_Blood_Trail

I'm not sure if it's been licensed like the original 2 series have been. There's currently not an animesuki tracker for it so I am unsure to suggest fansubs or not.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, seinen