AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-26, 10:58   Link #101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I liked the B-sides of both singles. The B-side of the OP single is a bit like on of the Pano Poni Dash OPs. The B-side of the ED single is interesting.
Old 2009-04-26, 11:03   Link #102
Fran~
floating away...

Composers, songwriters and Musical producers in Japan must be the best in the world...

Because they are month after month writting, composing and producing music who must fulfill a lot of requeriments, first, the writting must fit somewhat the plot of an anime (to be related at least), the songs MUST BE CATCHY, i mean, i even know people that saw Haruhi after hearing God Knows or saw Gurren Lagann after hearing Happily ever after, etc

Season after season, you can count songs and soundtracks that are just too awesome.

And that is not only from a personal view, you can see that by the sales, the rankings, and the impact in the fandom.
Old 2009-04-27, 10:13   Link #103
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Plus it's day 3 (4/25) and nothing else got released after 4/22, sales for other non-otaku bolstered shows go down, sales for K-On stay the same or go up slightly, allowing them the chance to slip into the top spot. Again makes sense when you think about it. Getting both to debut in the top slot, now that would have been something to see.
You really shouldn't try and downplay it's sales....

x->1->1 - Tohoshinki - 58,952 + 16,879 = 75,831
x->3->2 - Sakurakou K-ON Bu (Don't say "lazy") - 20,553 + 15,794 = 36,347
x->2->3 - Yuzu - 20,960 + 15,350 = 36,310

x->3->2->3->1 - Sakurakou K-ON Bu (Don't say "lazy") - 20,553 + 15,794 + 6,587 + 6,205 = 49,139
x->2->3->1->3 - Yuzu - 20,960 + 15,350 + 7,452 + 4,990 = 48,752

It's a strong week for singles... some posters on jpop forums (majority who don't care... no make that know about KyoAni) are saying it's the best week in a long time.

Here's last weeks top ten

*1 172,087 EXILE
*2 *67,771 コブクロ
*3 *25,269 GIRL NEXT DOOR
*4 *24,882 ℃-ute
*5 *11,339 水森かおり
*6 *11,206 剛紫
*7 *10,307 秋元順子
*8 **7,651 氷川きよし
*9 **7,268 alan
10 **5,939 Base Ball Bear

Week before that....

Singles Weekly:
1 Tsuyoshi 44k
2 BREAKERZ 21k
3 alan 12k

Also saying nothing got released after the 22nd is just silly... of course not... companies try to maximize the amount of sales in the week of release.... it's weekly position and first week sales that matter...

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-04-27 at 10:27.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 15:59   Link #104
Scython

Happy!? Sorry!! is the best song by far, for me. it just has a really nice chorus and spicy solo. Since it's from an anime, my expectations are never really THAT high, hehe....it certainly isn't like Ensiferum.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 13:00   Link #105
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-weekly-chart

What the....67k for the ending and 64k for the opening...that's quite insane. When 30k is considered to be really good for any anime related music (not counting EVA ) even Morning Musume (which I think is the most popular girl band in japan...still) does around 40-50k. Mizuki Nana only did 52k (I think) for her highest selling single, Trickster...(I think that was the numbers...)

Considering the seiyuus for K-on and the orginal manga has no fame till KyoAni used their 'magic'. This is quite amazing.
Old 2009-04-28, 14:52   Link #106
Fran~
floating away...

In fact, the 4 seiyuus have few jobs... the only one who is doing another "important" role is Yui's Seiyuu (she is Koyoi Bessho on Hatsukoi Limited). All their previous roles are almost as extras.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:09   Link #107
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post

Considering the seiyuus for K-on and the orginal manga has no fame till KyoAni used their 'magic'. This is quite amazing.
If by magic you mean legions of otaku's of the kind who buy multiple copies of CD then yes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:13   Link #108
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
In fact, the 4 seiyuus have few jobs... the only one who is doing another "important" role is Yui's Seiyuu (she is Koyoi Bessho on Hatsukoi Limited). All their previous roles are almost as extras.
I suppose you know that all 4 of them are new. And you can tell for sure that they won't be "nameless" after this Anime LOL

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:14   Link #109
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
If by magic you mean legions of otaku's of the kind who buy multiple copies of CD then yes.
Sure, because only otakus bought the singles, eh?

Edit ADD: Pointless monosyllabic attempts at neg-repping are pointless. Better luck next time, whoever you are...

Last edited by BetoJR; 2009-04-28 at 17:03.
BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 15:19   Link #110
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Sure, because only otakus bought the singles, eh?
Alright, I'll be back when you have another target audience for these singles that would have propelled it so high in the charts.
Old 2009-04-28, 15:28   Link #111
Fran~
floating away...

but... it's not a requisite be an otaku to actually like K-On Music or anime music...

Maaya Sakamoto is an example, Shoko-tan another.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:07   Link #112
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

But Mayaa Sakamoto songs doesn't feel like anime songs. Shokotan is famous for being an otaku herself and did Guren Lagann openings (Although I do think Masaki Endou cover of Sorairo Days). Not all ani-son singers have only otaku fans, Nana Mizuki is currently trying to break into mainstream...yes in her giant concerts its hard to even to spot a non-stereotypical-otaku-lookalike.

But with these 2 singles, chances are otakus who bought it. The seiyuu themselves only did unknown seiyuu work, the manga wasn't well known. I can't see other audiences buying the singles other then moe-fans, Kyo-ani-fans, anime-fans buying muliple copies.

Of course non-otaku might like the song, but the percentage of those people probally can't even be rounded up to 1%.

KyoAni magic = making anything into super-popular 2-chan/4-chan meme and have a sky rocket sales number...
Old 2009-04-28, 16:31   Link #113
Fran~
floating away...

K-On's OP probably sounds more like an "anime song" (i still don't know the difference, to me a song is a song) , but the ED sounds very "popular" if you ask me. Ani-son singers have a wide audience, i can remember Megumi Hayashibara back in the 90's. Maaya Sakamoto did it after her debut in Escaflowne... for that reason i think that it's risky to give a number of "otaku-sales" and "not otaku-sales".

Another example... L'arc en Ciel... since DNA^2 to Gundam... and the crowds of fans aren't all otakus.
Old 2009-04-28, 16:40   Link #114
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Alright, I'll be back when you have another target audience for these singles that would have propelled it so high in the charts.
Oh, don't look at me. I don't even care all that much. I'm just happy the related merchandise is selling well. It might mean more animated K-On for me.

Last edited by BetoJR; 2009-04-28 at 17:17. Reason: Abiding to a suggestion, as the wording seemed a bit ambiguous
Old 2009-04-28, 16:42   Link #115
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post

KyoAni magic = making anything into super-popular 2-chan/4-chan meme and have a sky rocket sales number...
Oh that. That's just moe being the key to 2ch's heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Maaya Sakamoto did it after her debut in Escaflowne... for that reason i think that it's risky to give a number of "otaku-sales" and "not otaku-sales".
Well everyone probably knows my opinion on that song so I can't comment even though I have much to say. I'm definitely too biased there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, don't look at me. I don't even care all that much. I'm just happy the related merchandise is selling well. It might mean more anime for me.
I don't follow. Do you mean more K-On, or more anime in general?
Old 2009-04-28, 16:55   Link #116
Fran~
floating away...

Well, my vision it's quite simple... when something succesful shows up, it doesn't matter the origin, every business related with this "phenomena" take advantage...

look at this (from Sankaku Complex):
Spoiler for Music Instruments:

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-04-28 at 17:11.
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 17:01   Link #117
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
I don't follow. Do you mean more K-On, or more anime in general?
We are currently discussing in a thread located at the K-On subforum, are we not? Hence... Yes, I meant more animated episodes of this very series. I happen to enjoy it very much, myself.

Fran~, your spoiler is not showing anything, by the way.

Old 2009-04-28, 17:06   Link #118
Fran~
floating away...

Thanks Beto... fixed...
Old 2009-05-01, 09:45   Link #119
darry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmJVbWtIAq4

anyone know whats the song called when Yui runs to school right at the start ? it gives me a good feeling!
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 12:00   Link #120
onemadcow

There's two ways you can look at this, and both make KyoAni look pretty good.

If it's only otaku that are purchasing the singles, then you have to give them credit for knowing exactly what they want. After all, most anime theme songs are lucky to make 30k sales in their total run, let alone double that in their first week. If otaku only sales are the case, you should see a steep drop off in rank during the second week. So far, that's not the case...

I happen to think that the song is starting to make a dent in the casual anime fanbase and mainstream. It's not without precedent. 3 of the 4 Macross F singles last year sold more than 100k, and Lucky Star's 'Motteke Sailor-fuku' sold 180k the year before. A sign that that casuals have been engaged is longevity in the charts. KyoAni has a pretty good track record with this. 'Motteke!' has spent 48 weeks in the top 200, 'Hare Hare Yukai' has racked up 84 weeks, and the Haruhi festival single with 'God Knows...' on it has an insane 115 weeks, and is currently around 150th.

It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks seeing how much K-On's music pushes into the mainstream ^_^

btw, after being tamped down on tuesday & wednesday by all of this weeks new releases, both the OP and ED are climbing back up the top 10, at positions 4 & 6 today...
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote