AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 01:46   Link #2501
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Spoiler for some own thoughts:
Or, if his mother were to die, he might blame Flit for his mother's death and refuses to have anything to do with the Gundam, preferring to fight the UE in his own way. How's that for a twist? The legacy of Flit's family might come to an end with his son.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 02:02   Link #2502
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
^Perhaps that might be better of done with Kio rather than Asem. Because Flit for the moment is only reviving the Gundam tradition in the family so maybe a one-off won't be dramatic enough. But if it was done after two, I say the generational cutoff risk factor that your suggesting might be higher and of course the counter effect on when Kio does come back would be all the more sweeter.

Speaking of Gundam, I really hope the series would eventually expand more on the Gundam backstory from the past. All we have now is that short painting scene but that Gundam was probably used at some point in wars, and for the Asuno familiy to be one of the family's who own Gundam data must be quite significant by itself. I think the past would be more interesting if it somehow even remotely related to the UE threat presence (the details of such a suggestion would of course be complicated and if adopted, I'll really have to just leave it to the writers to come up with it) rather than it being some random powerful war machine; not that such is a totally bad idea either.

Of course, they might not end up explain it at all since the focus might be on the Gundam on the current generation gap rather than the ancient past one, but I thought it still would be a cool story element to expand.
Old 2011-10-14, 02:38   Link #2503
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Or, if his mother were to die, he might blame Flit for his mother's death and refuses to have anything to do with the Gundam, preferring to fight the UE in his own way. How's that for a twist? The legacy of Flit's family might come to an end with his son.
That's sound good as well.

I hope AGE will portray the conflicting viewpoints for the protagonists well, if they go that route with the show. I am currently pretty excited with the idea of three generations of protagonist. There is soooo much potential, and I just hope they will make the best of it.

@ SonicSP: Maybe they gonna elobarate on the Gundam of the past in side storys like they did with 00. I would actually prefer that, because that could expand the world more than the anime could do with its limited screentime.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 04:53   Link #2504
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It's unique to the Gundam itself.

It's a learning computer so as it survives more and more fights it'll adapt and evolve its tech. IE. Redesign the beam rifle so it can actually penetrate the UE's armour.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to take some of it and apply it to their own models.
I was thinking that replicating and deploying the AGE system would take too much time, maybe in the next generation. But in the mean time, just to survive the attacks, using the improved armour and beam weaponry that the Gundam AGE has would be a better solution. Just looking at the current Gundam AGE makes it looks like, it is possible to adjust the Genoace plants to create mass production Gundam units, that can at least survive a couple of shots before going boom.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 07:03   Link #2505
casval cehack

The Genoace (Largan's) shield actually blocked a couple of rounds from the Gafran hand cannons. AGE-1 can atleast share some mobility technology. The Gafrans ran circles around them. Wolf showing the Genoace's true capabilities would be a sight to see.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:18   Link #2506
PzIVf3

Jesus the white G version looks awesome additionally the green version must be the main mass production.

Now we got a masked guy Char.

Last edited by PzIVf3; 2011-10-14 at 08:29.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:47   Link #2507
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
the G-exes has gee axed us!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:51   Link #2508
casval cehack

Masked and hooded(?). The first hooded Char character AFAIK. If that's really a Char character, then Age will probably get factions too later, unless he or she takes on a role like Turn-A's Harry Ord.

But really, neon green color scheme for a mass production suit? That's like "shoot me" in a battlefield.
casval cehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 08:52   Link #2509
kakakka

Quote:
That's like "shoot me" in a battlefield.
Like blue red and yellow...

EDIT: Don't forget the white
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:11   Link #2510
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
But really, neon green color scheme for a mass production suit? That's like "shoot me" in a battlefield.
Tell that to the Zaku II's in space...
Old 2011-10-14, 10:15   Link #2511
Sides

Is that mask character with the hoodie a woman?
Those grasshopper suits reminds me of the computer rendered version of the RGM series, close to Gundam class but not quite.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:35   Link #2512
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I feel REALLY stupid but I can't find the green G-Exes everyone is talking about in the pic. I just see the AGE-1.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:07   Link #2513
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I feel REALLY stupid but I can't find the green G-Exes everyone is talking about in the pic. I just see the AGE-1.
Look at the right side of the second pic, right next to the white G-Exes.
Old 2011-10-14, 11:53   Link #2514
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Here's the Genoace Cannon courtesy of mechatalk.

http://i.imgur.com/V3e8b.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:36   Link #2515
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Concerning the Genoace's mobility, given the placement of all the thrusters on its body, it's likely designed for zero-gravity maneuverability and can't operate in the air in environments with gravity... like the inside of a colony. Similar to how in SEED, the Gundams and the GINNs were unable to maintain sustained flight inside Heliopolis and on Earth.
Old 2011-10-14, 13:10   Link #2516
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Wow we already got the look for GMs in the AGE series

Does that mean Genoace is the Ball of AGE
Old 2011-10-14, 13:12   Link #2517
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post
Wow we already got the look for GMs in the AGE series

Does that mean Genoace is the Ball of AGE
No, when it finally gets a kill, it might be as successful as the Ball--after all, we know a Ball can take down a mobile suit.
Old 2011-10-14, 15:33   Link #2518
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

Jesus the white G version looks awesome additionally the green version must be the main mass production.

Now we got a masked guy Char.
Curious to find out who these characters are. That red haired girl appears in the opening and of course we'll be meeting the other girl from the opening (Who I think is named Erin or Yurin Lucille and is supposed to actually be 15) next episode if the preview is any indication.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:59   Link #2519
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wow...look at all the joy sticks for the Genoace Cannon...that's...ridiculous...Oh and the red head is a boy Kaioshin. His name is Decile.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 16:37   Link #2520
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Here's the Genoace Cannon courtesy of mechatalk.

http://i.imgur.com/V3e8b.jpg
Well I'm liking that at least one Genoace has some heavey weaponary and I always love it when they go with the dual gatling gun with built in shield for a weapon.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote