AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 13:03   Link #61
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The original is pretty solid. Most people including myself would argue that the first half is basically plotless and takes on a sort of daily life aboard the Gekko-Go feel, but eventually the show starts to take off when the aforementioned Renton leaving the ship arc.

Also Sakura introduced me to Nirgilis which is a pretty cool duo that makes some pretty experimental music, especially for a Japanese group. Definitely my favorite opening from the original and I hope they'll be back along with FLOW.
I completely loved all the OP and ED songs from the first series, except for the 3rd pair. Those were not my cup of tea.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 21:19   Link #62
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Eureka 7's soundtrack was amazing, pieces like Story Writer and Nirvash Type Zero were truly memorable.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 10:31   Link #63
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Eureka 7's soundtrack was amazing, pieces like Story Writer and Nirvash Type Zero were truly memorable.
This show was the reason I was ecstatic to hear Sato was doing the Blood-C music back in summer.

Not just Nirvash Type Zero (I think Storywriter was Supercell's work, right?), but also Distant Memories, Prophecy, Alone in the Wasteland, Warmth Inside of Despair Though, In the Sea of Memories, Dewey Novak, and To Wish Upon a Star were just some of the other tracks that just grabbed hold of my heart and never let go.
Old 2011-12-25, 12:20   Link #64
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
This show was the reason I was ecstatic to hear Sato was doing the Blood-C music back in summer.

Not just Nirvash Type Zero (I think Storywriter was Supercell's work, right?), but also Distant Memories, Prophecy, Alone in the Wasteland, Warmth Inside of Despair Though, In the Sea of Memories, Dewey Novak, and To Wish Upon a Star were just some of the other tracks that just grabbed hold of my heart and never let go.
Supercell wasn't even formed when Storywriter was released. It's Supercar's work.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-25, 12:23   Link #65
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Supercell wasn't even formed when Storywriter was released. It's Supercar's work.
Ugh. Supercar. Right. Why the heck did I think Supercell?
Old 2011-12-26, 01:19   Link #66
webkid94
*Author

After a bit of thinking, i've decided to give this new series a chance. It's BONES meaning it's going to look pretty, i know the music is going to be great and having new characters almost feels like (or it probably is) a totally different series than the 2005-06 series.

...if it's not 50 episodes. I'm not going to watch if it's going to be 50 episodes. Besides that, i'm all in! Bones, do not disappoint you've started off well with UN-GO. Let's see how Renton and Eureka's kid fares in the world of reffing, trapar waves and wild anti-government antics! It's my christmas gift to myself (via my new laptop :P)
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 04:06   Link #67
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yeah, at least the show will looked very pretty. Its Eureka 7 in HD afterall!
Old 2011-12-26, 07:31   Link #68
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Yeah, at least the show will looked very pretty. Its Eureka 7 in HD afterall!
Or is it? Last I checked BONES productions are still largely sub-HD upscales.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 09:37   Link #69
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Normal people (like me) won't know the differences anyway
Let just change the wording then
Old 2011-12-26, 09:59   Link #70
Jarmel

Quote:
You had to remind me about that.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 11:00   Link #71
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Normal people (like me) won't know the differences anyway
Let just change the wording then
I'm not really particularly bothered by it personally, but facts are facts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
You had to remind me about that.
Lolol.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they knock this one out of the park. BONES could do with some good news these days... In terms of animation, I'm kinda hoping that both Kameda and Nakamura get a chance to do some cool stuff in it. Their work together on the action scenes in Towanoquon Ep6 and Un-Go Ep11 really show off how well their styles complement each other.
Old 2011-12-26, 17:51   Link #72
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post

...if it's not 50 episodes. I'm not going to watch if it's going to be 50 episodes. Besides that, i'm all in! Bones, do not disappoint you've started off well with UN-GO. Let's see how Renton and Eureka's kid fares in the world of reffing, trapar waves and wild anti-government antics! It's my christmas gift to myself (via my new laptop :P)
What's wrong with 50 episodes? I've always found that the rare series that still go 50+ are the ones where I end up getting far more involved in the long run. It gives you a better chance to really get to know the characters and a setting than a 13 or 22 episode series ever could.

That said I'm doubting it'll happen much as I'd love to see it. Most studios seem afraid to do anything more than 26 episodes tops these days cause it's considered too much of a risk and I don't see why Eureka Seven Astral Ocean will be any different. Eureka Seven was then, but this is now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 18:12   Link #73
Katapan
俺様祭り

Besides, the original Eureka Seven series aired on Sunday mornings (as surprising as it may still seem), where series usually run for a full year. AO is getting the Thursday night MBS timeslot (Blood+, Persona 4), so getting 50 episodes is out of the question - 2 cours would make sense but that may not even be guaranteed.
Old 2011-12-26, 19:57   Link #74
Cloudy

I wonder who the voice actress of Ao would be. Would they use female seiyuus who are experienced in voicing male characters or female seiyuus who have wide voice range but haven't voiced a male character yet.

Considering the fact that Renton was voiced by a voice actress.
Old 2011-12-27, 07:30   Link #75
Jarmel

Quote:
I'm not really particularly bothered by it personally, but facts are facts!

Lolol.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they knock this one out of the park. BONES could do with some good news these days... In terms of animation, I'm kinda hoping that both Kameda and Nakamura get a chance to do some cool stuff in it. Their work together on the action scenes in Towanoquon Ep6 and Un-Go Ep11 really show off how well their styles complement each other.
Do we know which team is working on this? Would help to give an overall indication of quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Besides, the original Eureka Seven series aired on Sunday mornings (as surprising as it may still seem), where series usually run for a full year. AO is getting the Thursday night MBS timeslot (Blood+, Persona 4), so getting 50 episodes is out of the question - 2 cours would make sense but that may not even be guaranteed.
I would be stunned if this got less than 24/26. You don't bring a series like this out of retirement for a quick 13.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 09:49   Link #76
Dark Wing

Yes after all this time finally a sequel!

Looks like it's time to refresher course on E7 I'll have watch the first season get used to the setting again.
Old 2011-12-27, 12:47   Link #77
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Do we know which team is working on this? Would help to give an overall indication of quality.
There is no staff announced for the series yet. Rumors earlier this year suggest it's being made at A Studio, with a number of mecha animators who worked on Star Driver. I don't really think the studios in BONES are a good indicator for "teams" anymore though. Their manpower management has changed a lot as they have expanded, and these days they seem to be able to easily put their better action animators on any project regardless of studio.

For example, in 2011, Kameda has worked on the following shows:
- Fullmetal Alchemist Milos (D Studio)
- No.6 (D Studio)
- Towanoquon (B Studio)
- Un-Go (C Studio)

Until we know the actual main staff for the show, it's too early to draw any conclusions.
Old 2011-12-28, 06:57   Link #78
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Ugh. Supercar. Right. Why the heck did I think Supercell?
I'm not sure, but I don't doubt Supercell will get a song in the new anime. Since Supercar had an insert song in the original, iLL may get one in the AO.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 22:35   Link #79
blewin

E7 has as pretty good ending. As one of the best animes out there, how would its sequel fair? I'm really worried about it.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 22:47   Link #80
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Whoa! A second season? It's been years since the first one finished airing. Perhaps this is a great time to rewatch it. >:3
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen