Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-16, 07:26   Link #341
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Depends on what level Risen you summon. Honestly, I'd say go DLC to train. Even if it's just the free Marth map (assuming you got it when it was free), that's good for leveling lowbies. If you didn't and just want the one map, get EXPonential Growth. It's good for leveling for a LONG time (basically until you hit the hard/lunatic internal level cap).
Is... that one free ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 14:25   Link #342
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Depends on what level Risen you summon. Honestly, I'd say go DLC to train. Even if it's just the free Marth map (assuming you got it when it was free), that's good for leveling lowbies. If you didn't and just want the one map, get EXPonential Growth. It's good for leveling for a LONG time (basically until you hit the hard/lunatic internal level cap).
Not to mention battling DLC teams gives you 30 renown vs. only 10 renown for defeating the risen. The risen though do carry bullion so if you happen to be short on cash..
Old 2013-03-16, 17:31   Link #343
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is... that one free ?
EXPonential Growth isn't free. I bought the set though if only because of Infinite Regalia. All those legendary weapons.

Emmeryn's Paralogue was hard. It took me two restarts to get over to her fast enough to protect her before she died on the second enemy turn. I had to sort out my galeforce users with high move and ranged attacks and I still barely saved her. This one assassin had he been one spot closer could have killed her still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Not to mention battling DLC teams gives you 30 renown vs. only 10 renown for defeating the risen. The risen though do carry bullion so if you happen to be short on cash..
That really only works on normal though, the reeking boxes cost a lot more on hard and lunatic. I like when you happen to get a box from a level sparkle though or a barracks event.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 18:04   Link #344
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Emmeryn's Paralogue was hard. It took me two restarts to get over to her fast enough to protect her before she died on the second enemy turn. I had to sort out my galeforce users with high move and ranged attacks and I still barely saved her. This one assassin had he been one spot closer could have killed her still.
Err ... How about Rescue Staff?
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 18:14   Link #345
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitenma View Post
Err ... How about Rescue Staff?
Well that would probably work, I don't really have anyone that can use staves though. At least not anyone that could survive there.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-03-16, 18:57   Link #346
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Right, so I'm not going to spend money on a dlc, so the reeking box would have to do.

A small bullion would give me 1000 gold while the box itself would be 500 so that's a 100% profit? If lucky there might be multiple bullions... Hopefully the bills for weapons don't catch up too soon
Old 2013-03-16, 19:05   Link #347
GDB

You playing normal I take it, then. In that case, go to where chapter 4 was (the arena) and use it there. You get at least one, and up to 3, bullions. Note: this won't work higher than normal, because reeking boxes cost 5k (or was it 2500... either way) on hard and above.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:46   Link #348
Xacual

Quote:
You playing normal I take it, then. In that case, go to where chapter 4 was (the arena) and use it there. You get at least one, and up to 3, bullions. Note: this won't work higher than normal, because reeking boxes cost 5k (or was it 2500... either way) on hard and above.
5k I think it was, and yeah it's not worth buying on anything above normal unless you have the money to spare.

Quote:
Right, so I'm not going to spend money on a dlc, so the reeking box would have to do.

A small bullion would give me 1000 gold while the box itself would be 500 so that's a 100% profit? If lucky there might be multiple bullions... Hopefully the bills for weapons don't catch up too soon
You can spawn teams from the wireless / spotpass thing. Get 30 renown for those.

Have these been posted here yet? Avatar and Lucina
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-03-16, 19:59   Link #349
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ That is adorable. I was just completing the Morgan paralogue earlier .. it was somewhat awkward. Why?

MC: <Talk> Who are you? Did you come from the future with Lucina? (he's married to Lucina)
Morgan: Daddy! Who's Lucina?

....!?
Old 2013-03-16, 20:12   Link #350
GDB

It's not that awkward. Morgan doesn't remember anything except the Avatar. All of Morgan's supports with the other parent is just them trying to recall any memories of them, with the A support remembering their smile.
Old 2013-03-16, 20:40   Link #351
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Marrying the daughter of your best friend (story-wise) Am I a weird enough dude to do that?
Old 2013-03-16, 21:32   Link #352
GDB

Quote:
Marrying the daughter of your best friend (story-wise) Am I a weird enough dude to do that?
Marrying one of the children (Lucina especially, since it alters dialogue a bit) actually makes quite a bit of sense, story-wise, from like... chapter 21 onwards.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:25   Link #353
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Marrying one of the children (Lucina especially, since it alters dialogue a bit) actually makes quite a bit of sense, story-wise, from like... chapter 21 onwards.
Ooohh ic, I'll keep that in mind

*zero hesitation*
Old 2013-03-16, 22:35   Link #354
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Ooohh ic, I'll keep that in mind

*zero hesitation*
It doesn't hurt that she's super hot and friggin' awesome..
Old 2013-03-16, 23:07   Link #355
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i marry my female avatar to Chrom on my lunatic run. cant wait to see what Lucina
have to say about her on chapter 21-22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Have these been posted here yet? Avatar and Lucina
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
nya ha haa, Tiki wins. poor Lucina, you'll get your chance on the next play thru.
Old 2013-03-17, 00:21   Link #356
Shadow5YA

If you are on Normal Mode, you have a variety of free methods for grinding.

A) Reeking Boxes. Buy one and use it on the World Map, and it summons Risen for you to fight. It does cost gold, but the Risen you fight should have Bullions to make up for it.

B) Spotpass. Go to Wireless -> Bonus Box -> Bonus Teams (or Update Now if you haven't... updated) -> whatever. This summons various characters from other Fire Emblem series for you to fight. Choose whatever series and level character you want to fight. It summons the Spotpass team onto the map. They will be green units, where as Risen will be red.
The game will ask you to Parley. Then there will be a variety of options to choose from:
1) View Stats - self explanatory. It shows you the stats and equips of the Spotpass team if you were to fight them. If you are on Hard or higher however, be careful that this will be misleading since their stats will scale upward because of the higher difficulty.
2) Recruit - recruit the Spotpass unit to your army at the cost of some gold. Your Renown will increase. Be aware that Spotpass units cannot form supports, however.
3) Fight - self-explanatory. If you win, the Spotpass team leader is recruited to your army, and added to your Avatar Logbook. Your Renown increases if you win. You can also use this as a method to grind your characters on Normal. On higher difficulties however, they will only give 1 EXP per kill.
4) Buy Items - the Spotpass unit also sells a variety of weapons and potions. The higher the level, the higher quality weapons they will sell. For example, some of the lv20 promoted class Spotpass units sell Silver Weapons, Brave Weapons, and more. The Spotpass unit disappears from the map after you purchase something from them and exit.
5) Dismiss - get rid of the Spotpass unit from the map.
6) Exit - cancel the menu.

There is no limit to the number of times you can summon a Spotpass unit, except that it must be done one at a time. For example, you can't summon two Hectors, but you can summon Hector, buy something from him and have him disappear, then resummons him again.

C) DLC. Go to the Outrealm Gate, which is accessible after Chapter 4. Most of the DLC isn't free, but the very first one is. The free one is called Champions of Yore 1. Like Spotpass, you can fight them as many times as you want. For Champions of Yore 1, the units are around lv10 unpromoted, so plan accordingly. There are also two villages on the map which have a chance of giving rare weapons or Second/Master Seals.

As a side note... Tiki and Anna's support conversations with the Avatar are some of my favorite ones.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 00:59   Link #357
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
C) DLC. Go to the Outrealm Gate, which is accessible after Chapter 4. Most of the DLC isn't free, but the very first one is. The free one is called Champions of Yore 1. Like Spotpass, you can fight them as many times as you want. For Champions of Yore 1, the units are around lv10 unpromoted, so plan accordingly. There are also two villages on the map which have a chance of giving rare weapons or Second/Master Seals.
I don't think Champions of Yore 1 is free anymore is it?

Old 2013-03-17, 01:28   Link #358
Shadow5YA

I'm pretty sure it's still free, though I can't really check since it's already downloaded on my game.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-17, 02:54   Link #359
Xacual

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it's still free, though I can't really check since it's already downloaded on my game.
Just double checked, the offer was from release to March 6th.

Old 2013-03-17, 16:22   Link #360
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
The reason why GDB recommended Spotpass/DLC characters for Rally support is because they cannot form Supports and therefore make poor offensive units lategame compared to your actual characters. Letting your DLC/Spotpass do the Rallies allows your other characters to focus on attacking and frees up a skill slot.
Spotpass characters also suffer from MUCH lower defensive stats, unless I'm missing someone that's sporting 63 DEF/60 RES (Gaius fathered Nah paired with Rank A/S support Sorcerer)

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
BTW, for anyone that knows, how are the Demon Fighter and Bride classes? From the descriptions on Serene Forest, they don't see like they're OP or otherwise so cool and desirable that I would want to spend money on them ..
Demon Fighter is kinda meh on Lunatic, where you're outnumbered around 3:1. +10 ATK on your turn ain't as good when the strategy of choice is let all their units pound on a pair of your units that they have no hope of killing (usually via self healing, aka. Sol or Nosferatu/Aversa's Night).

Bride though... they push Sorcerers over the top as they give them the stats they need (MAG for damage, SPD to double attack, LCK so they use Aversa's Night with impunity). For example, a sorcerer Morgan-M, MAG asset/LCK flaw, fathered by Chrom sports 44 SPD and 44 LCK. Pairing that Morgan with a rank A Bride support gives him 51 SPD (exactly enough SPD to double attack those pesky Lethality-skilled Assassins) and 51 LCK (infinite Aversa's Night via Armshthrift). The extra 7 MAG at this point is just a bonus.

Their Rally is an inferior version of Rally Spectrum, but its good enough if you plan on getting them other Rally skills.

--------------------------------------

Quote:
I have no idea what crazy ass calculations you're using. You use Rally Spectrum, Rally Love (or whatever the Bride skill is called in the US), and you're done. Huge boost to everything, 2 skill slots. How is that everything?
If you use only Rally Spectrum and Rally Love, then all you have is +6 to all stats. Which is exactly the same for a Rally Love/STR/SPD/MAG Manakete to the relevant offensive stats, which is all you really need. On top of that you have no fear of putting your Rallyer Manakete in the heat of battle, because the AI is dumb enough to target lower defense units that they can't kill via selfhealing, rather than high defense units they can wear down.

Besides, Galeforce, Tomefaire, Armsthrift leaves you no slots for damage skills, just to take Sorcerer as an example. And that's not going to the fact that you're still wasting an attack turn of what is arguably your strongest unit when you do Rally. :shrug:

Quote:
You can get infinite Ragnell using the Infinite Regalia map.
Must be real lucky then. I only got 1 for like, 6? hours of grinding that map, before I stopped trying to get another.

Quote:
Not sure why you think she'd have to pair up with one of these classes, but okay...
Biggest problems in Lunatic are hordes of...
3) Swordmasters - if you're unlucky enough, multiple Astrals in a row will be enough to burst down Sol-based units (theoretically even Aversa's Night-based units, but I haven't seen it happen yet )

2) Warriors - counter will kill your unit if multiple units melee up. Kind of like suicide bombers lol

1) Assassins - 12% chance of instadeath? yeah frigging nasty, absolute priority to kill these units on your own turn in their 'blindspots' (goodness gracious I have yet to run into Lethality/Levin Sword Assassins... THAT would suck XD)

And guess what? Swordmasters/Assassins sport 46 SPD, and getting to 51 SPD makes dealing with them so much easier. As such, a Vaike fathered Mercenary Severa NEEDS to have a pair up that gives speed (having only 46 SPD herself), and the only ones that give SPD and STR are Zerkers/Dread Fighter/Taguel.

Quote:
49 luck means she only needs +1 from a pair-up. Or just use the +2 all stats skill. Or just use the +10 to all stats skill and don't worry about luck as far as fathering goes.
My point was that Donnel enables Kjelle to use stuff like Gradivus without worrying about durability, while giving her survivability skills to use it in battle (mainly Sol).

If you give Donnel to Nah, by contrast, you gain nothing from infinite durability dragonstone+, and the POW of dragonstone+ is weak compared to a lot of Rank A/forged Rank B weapons. This is partly due to not having a faire skill, essentially making it a 7 POW weapon (that's weaker than a Steel Sword!), and activating Galeforce with only that much power is hard. From personal experience btw, as in my first game I gave Donnel to Nah... biggest mistake I made simply because everyone was saying how great it was. What they failed to mention was that stat caps make her largely ineffective on the offense once every enemy maxes their stats. XD

So what to do with Nah if she's no good offensive? Make use of her EXTREME defense and relative lack of weakeness (seriously, how many enemies use Wyrmslayers late game?) by making her your Rallyer, and to do this your only choice is to have Gaius father her.

Also, problem is that +10 to max stats DLC hasn't been released yet, AFAIK unless I missed it. Besides, if we factor that in, does it matter whether ANYONE gets fathered by who? It's like asking someone how to powergame in classic... in that case, does it REALLY matter what you do in the end?

Quote:
If nothing else, Dread Fighter lets you give sad sacks like Chrom a good support class, and more skills. Also, if you buy that pack, you get the third map, which gives x2 exp skill.
I personally like Chrom as Great Lord. SPD/LCK makes him almost a perfect pair up for a Sorcerer Avatar, and Dual ATK/Dual Guard/Charm still helps even when he is the inactive half of a pair.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem