Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-15, 18:18   Link #421
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That is Shurato!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 18:54   Link #422
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby
I saw this avatar somewhere around.. can anyone tell me the name of the series plz?

Also if its any good?

Arigato ^^
It's an avatar which was made from this wallpaper
Spoiler:

I found this wallpaper at a Shingetsutan Tsukihime fansite, so I suppose the person who made the avatar did so as well. I'm not entirely sure which character it represents but i believe it to be Akiha Tohno.

The art in the avatar is different from the one in Tsukihime but I would still recommend you check it out since it's an anime which is certainly worth your time and it was a very popular one and unusual one in Japan (it was based on a game which was made by anime fans, the game became so popular that these fans couldn't keep up with the demands for it. Eventually it became big and an anime was made out of it)

If you want more info about this I suggest you check out Kj1980's posts in the Shingetsutan Tsukihime thread, he posted all the backgrounf info.
EDIT : here is the thread I was referring to http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=509
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 22:02   Link #423
Miyuri

Umm i vaguly remeber the serie that i watched 6 years ago that aired in korea at that time (1998). it was about a bunch of kids who had TOPS and were able to control them according to their power (reminds you of beyblade hehehe) i remeber one could only use their top when there was wind. Hmmmm and i believe they were searching for crystal or something. SRRY for not being clear but it would be nice if someone can figure it out.
Miyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:24   Link #424
zEr01x

Quote:
Originally Posted by little dragon
...but i do know its most likely licensed by now. i'm wondering if anyone can help me. i'm really interested in the series. i watched it while i was in japan but didn't have the subtitles to help me

all i know is:
- it was a samurai series. quite a serious series.
- that it was released as a tv series around may/june (same time as samurai champloo).
- it aired tuesday nights on channel 4 (basic cable, in the kanagawa/tokyo area) - i'm pretty sure - sometime after 10pm.
- the three main characters i saw thus far was:
i). the main character always had one eye shut and he was protecting:
ii). a female char. who exelled with the bow.
iii). sometime later, a younger guy joined them and weilded dual swords.
- a big animation company was behind the production (i thought it was i.g.).
- i'm pretty sure the title was all in kanji and didn't have any katakana/borrowed words.

i thought it was samurai 7, but after seeing so, it wasn't. any info would help.

thanks!
What your looking for is Otogizoushi. And yes, it is licensed.
zEr01x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:24   Link #425
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuri
Umm i vaguly remeber the serie that i watched 6 years ago that aired in korea at that time (1998). it was about a bunch of kids who had TOPS and were able to control them according to their power (reminds you of beyblade hehehe) i remeber one could only use their top when there was wind. Hmmmm and i believe they were searching for crystal or something. SRRY for not being clear but it would be nice if someone can figure it out.
I never saw the show myself, but it might be a show that was referred to earlier in this thread if the tops were used to summon mecha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8_wun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun
definitely not rayearth, think it was 2 males and a female. Yeah I know, it isn't much to go on, just what I can remember, the thing that stood out most for me was that one of the kids mechas involved the use of a top, maybe the mecha was blue and it was the females, and by me saying when I was a kid I'm saying roughly 10 or so years ago. They might of traveled with some older scientist guy, and I remember they went to some dungeon kind of place where they had abattle with the evil guys, maybe the top or the red mecha fought in a room of ice.
If a couple of things were changed in ur description, I think i might know which one ur talking about. first of all, if it was 3 males, with the blue colored one being feminine with long hair. secondly, they are all using tops, they used the tops to summon their mechas. then i think it's Mado King Granzort. i watched it as Mou Dong Wong (in cantonese in hk around 92)
Obviously if there were no mecha then my guess is wrong.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-12-16, 22:45   Link #426
problemedchild
ô_ô

Does anyone know where this screenshot came from? I know that's Minamo from Wind -A Breath of Heart-. So is that a cap from the second episode of the Wind -A Breath of Heart- OVA?
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 21:43   Link #427
Chouji_Hungry

need a little help plz

i am trying to find a anime cant remember the name all i remember is that he has blonde hair and has some kinda dragon soul power it was in a article in Newtype USA thanks for the help in advanced.
Chouji_Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:01   Link #428
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Dragonball Z.

In all seriousness might need a little more description than that. Is it recent?
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 22:46   Link #429
snoopy007
Opethhhhh

Send a message via AIM to snoopy007 Send a message via MSN to snoopy007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji_Hungry
i am trying to find a anime cant remember the name all i remember is that he has blonde hair and has some kinda dragon soul power it was in a article in Newtype USA thanks for the help in advanced.
It could be Tenjou Tenge. Need a little more detail than that though.
snoopy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:17   Link #430
Madell

New Anime

my friend was talking abou a new anime that has fights and a lot of blood etc.. but i dont know what anime that is could some1 help me ?
Madell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:28   Link #431
Chouji_Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy007
It could be Tenjou Tenge. Need a little more detail than that though.
I belive it was in Newtype USA a few mouths ago not sure what issue since i left all my mags in my Dorm..(home for winter break) it just started to air in japan ..has lots of fights in it blonde hair dude has Dragon soul power...there is a Chi Fighter...and a fighter who fights like Eddy/Tiger from tekken..sorry if this is not enough info but thats all i got to see was on plane when laptop power went out and it was only a trailer i kinda remember it saying legend but i check that out and it was the wrong anime ..sorry again thanks though
Chouji_Hungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:31   Link #432
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madell
my friend was talking abou a new anime that has fights and a lot of blood etc.. but i dont know what anime that is could some1 help me ?
Need more info before we can begin to guess. If I was going to focus on something with lots of blood I suppose it could be Elfen Lied. If I was thinking about fights then perhaps Samurai 7 or My-HiME.

Please add some details so I can take a better guess. Male characters or female? Super powers? Martial arts? Mecha? Bodies being ripped in half or merely cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji_Hungry
I belive it was in Newtype USA a few mouths ago not sure what issue since i left all my mags in my Dorm..(home for winter break) it just started to air in japan ..has lots of fights in it blonde hair dude has Dragon soul power...there is a Chi Fighter...and a fighter who fights like Eddy/Tiger from tekken..sorry if this is not enough info but thats all i got to see was on plane when laptop power went out and it was only a trailer i kinda remember it saying legend but i check that out and it was the wrong anime ..sorry again thanks though
Sounds like Tenjou Tenge to me. The only difference is that Tenjou Tenge started way back in April of this year and it's final episode was in September. That's a little different from "just started to air in japan." Is it close enough to be the right show?

Old 2004-12-20, 05:44   Link #433
tastek

no name very old help me

i'm asking hard maybe but try to help me. All i have is the story. The girl is in a coma. Her friends are with her in hospital waiting, hoping that she get well. But actually she is in a dream in the coma. She is fighting in the dream for his life. She was not alone. Some guys help her. Teach how to shoot. She shoots too much that her hands wound. But she tie some cloth and keep shooting. those happening in a ruined city. No body lives in there accept our survivors. They want to escape with a car but they returned to the beginning of the road again and again(like in the mouth of madness). the enemy is a huge black cat. Very big. 20 metres TALL i guess. and have a mark on forehead. And the want to shoot it from that mark. it is not series. it is old (6-8 years)And that coma event is the main story, Main Story. help me.
tastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 17:19   Link #434
hooliganj
Team Player

You've got the picture links reversed.

Still no shorter name for Muhyo and Roujii (It looks like a guy, so I don't think 'Rosie' is appropriate), sorry.

Yeah, the title is MP0. The rest of it just sounds out 'em pii zero' in katakana.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 00:47   Link #435
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastek
i'm asking hard maybe but try to help me. All i have is the story. The girl is in a coma. Her friends are with her in hospital waiting, hoping that she get well. But actually she is in a dream in the coma. She is fighting in the dream for his life. She was not alone. Some guys help her. Teach how to shoot. She shoots too much that her hands wound. But she tie some cloth and keep shooting. those happening in a ruined city. No body lives in there accept our survivors. They want to escape with a car but they returned to the beginning of the road again and again(like in the mouth of madness). the enemy is a huge black cat. Very big. 20 metres TALL i guess. and have a mark on forehead. And the want to shoot it from that mark. it is not series. it is old (6-8 years)And that coma event is the main story, Main Story. help me.
Oooooooh! One of my favorites! You got two details wrong, but there can be no doubt that you are describing Goshogun: Time Etranger.

Old 2004-12-21, 17:09   Link #436
tastek

thanks! Prepare for the second

Thanks a lot. I knew i have given enough information. Sorry for mistakes i really saw it very long time ago.
Now i will ask you the second one. This one is more like american way. İt is series. Old again. Ten years old boy want to save 6-8 years old girl who was kidnapped. Time is after world war 3. The wold is under waters. The bad guy is like a professor. His men took the little girl. Boy is like a jungle boy. The professor has a egg-shaped (vertical) hovercraft. You always saw B-2 type planes as flashbacks. İt can named as a road-adventure i guess.
Old 2004-12-21, 23:12   Link #437
hooliganj
Team Player

Sounds like Future Boy Conan to me.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 04:59   Link #438
no one

Hello everybody, this is my very first post.
I saw this anime a long time ago when i was a kid ( mid 80's) and i was wandering if any one here knows its name. it's a commedy and about this ninja guy that just lost his granfather and got adobted by his grandfathers old girlfreind, she took him out of the wilderness and into tokyo ( i think) where she is the prencipal of a school there, there was also another school that has an old hag as a prencipal and she was rivals with the first old lady. I remember also that the ninja guy fell in love with the old ladys grand daughter but she couldn't stand him because he was so dirty and ate alot.
no one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 14:10   Link #439
tastek

A very hard one and the last one

You found them. My childhood animes. this one is hard. all i can say is:
A mistical bad thing spread by computers. (this is the MAIN story) animations are great when it comes and kill everyone. You can see dead children in front of computers.(there is a quite violence) and i thing there is a bright light coming from computers. i have no info i watched it ten minutes maybe. so i don't know it's series or not.
Old 2004-12-23, 00:31   Link #440
blaven

i need help identyfing this particular anime

well i was in taiwan for the summer and every afternoon this anime comes on the tv that i really like here goes:
It was centerd around an underground fighting ring. There were three (or four?)tournament blocks labled blockA block B block C. With two rows of fighters(12 everyblock it think)it was like a tournament. every fight took place in an octagon shaped ring with wood as the borders and with spectators watching. I watched a couple of fights. One was a karate guy dude versus this huge yakuza looking guy who took hits like a champ. Well the yakuza dude took the karate guy's calve(muscle in leg) and applied pressure to it and made it explode! Then near the end of the match some of the karate guy's friends cheered him on and he went into this pose where he punched as fast as a whip. Everytime he punched smoke would rise from his fist then he just owned the guy with a flurry of punches. Another fight was with this evil kung fu guy and the main character of the show(i think, he looks like yugo from bloody roar. He uses combos of punches and kicks and wears red trunks like an all round fighter) well the kung fu dude stick his fingers into the main character's ears and his thumb into his belly button. THen the main guy got pissed off and snaps his neck all the way to the back and leaves it that way. Another fight was with this african american boxer and this hard headed gangster(hard headed as in he uses his head as a weapon). It starts off with the gangster throwing off the boxer by tieing their legs together with a long cloth. Then the boxer has a vision of the great street boxing champion and removes his gloves to get pumped. The gangster accepts the challenge and cuts the cloth. Then a violent fight ensues then. when the boxer punched the gangster he used his head to intercept his punch and break the boxer's hands. Finally the boxer's manager throws in the towel for the sake of the boxer losing his hands. the gangsters face if screwed up after, and there is some sort of relationship between the gangster with the yakuza guy metioned above. Also other story observations ive seen are that there is this long red haired guy who is super strong that everyone wants to fight(especially the main character) they showed a clip of the guy training on bears. And there is this uber guy that is on crazy killer steroids that puts him on the same level as the red haired guy. The steroids were so powerful that the creator killed himself so noone would know about it. (the creator of the steroids did kill himself but im just assuming the reason. the things the uber guy were injected with were enhancers(cuz he punched a body of water and made the fish pop out but i dont know if they were actually called steroids) at the end of every episode it shows the current results of the blocks and any people that lost have their picture in black and white and the people who are still competing are still colored. They go through each block and after the credits it shows a belt with a lion's head on it and the words "Free WILL" written in exxagerated writing. Thank you for reading this i hope this helps
blaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel