Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 01:41   Link #441
Thelastguardian

wow

a few things

1) You need a new life No way in hell a sane person would type this much
2) You have photographic memory as you memorize every little details of the show
3) You need to double-space the damn thing.
Old 2004-12-23, 03:45   Link #442
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Well I have this anime i watched in 1997 though I dont know when it was produced.

The story goes like this: (vague)

In a future world, man are able to travel from place to place in space via portals. The original creator of them was a boy's father (the main character). The work was not completed but the government (or something) ordered a test on it and things went wrong and the portal started to "move" (don't know why) and to stop it, the creator tried to shut all the energies into the space which u can call "inside the portal". Then he got trapped inside as well. Inside the time flows much slower than the outside. Hence about 15++ years or so have passed while inside only like few weeks (20 days( have passed and the boy is going out to find his father.

He works for a travelling agency kind of company as the cleaner and falls in love with a girl with supernatural strength (that girl is not a human or is some other ailean races). The girl was saved from the same portal which the boy's father was in prior to the father trying to trap the energy. The boss of the company was previously a pirate.

After some time working at the company and having a lot of fun adventures, another portal had problems. The turbulence caused the father to be "unstuck" from the space he was trapped in and the father and son reunion managed to stop the "run-away" portal.

Phew.... if you didnt understand then never mind. It was an anime long ago.. now i feel like watching it again though i forgot the name.... hope someone knows.

and those portals are something like a "tunnel" of some sort..
StrawHatLuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 04:40   Link #443
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaven
well i was in taiwan for the summer and every afternoon this anime comes on the tv that i really like here goes:
It was centerd around an underground fighting ring. There were three (or four?)tournament blocks labled blockA block B block C. With two rows of fighters(12 everyblock it think)it was like a tournament. every fight took place in an octagon shaped ring with wood as the borders and with spectators watching. I watched a couple of fights. One was a karate guy dude versus this huge yakuza looking guy who took hits like a champ. Well the yakuza dude took the karate guy's calve(muscle in leg) and applied pressure to it and made it explode! Then near the end of the match some of the karate guy's friends cheered him on and he went into this pose where he punched as fast as a whip. Everytime he punched smoke would rise from his fist then he just owned the guy with a flurry of punches. Another fight was with this evil kung fu guy and the main character of the show(i think, he looks like yugo from bloody roar. He uses combos of punches and kicks and wears red trunks like an all round fighter) well the kung fu dude stick his fingers into the main character's ears and his thumb into his belly button. THen the main guy got pissed off and snaps his neck all the way to the back and leaves it that way. Another fight was with this african american boxer and this hard headed gangster(hard headed as in he uses his head as a weapon). It starts off with the gangster throwing off the boxer by tieing their legs together with a long cloth. Then the boxer has a vision of the great street boxing champion and removes his gloves to get pumped. The gangster accepts the challenge and cuts the cloth. Then a violent fight ensues then. when the boxer punched the gangster he used his head to intercept his punch and break the boxer's hands. Finally the boxer's manager throws in the towel for the sake of the boxer losing his hands. the gangsters face if screwed up after, and there is some sort of relationship between the gangster with the yakuza guy metioned above. Also other story observations ive seen are that there is this long red haired guy who is super strong that everyone wants to fight(especially the main character) they showed a clip of the guy training on bears. And there is this uber guy that is on crazy killer steroids that puts him on the same level as the red haired guy. The steroids were so powerful that the creator killed himself so noone would know about it. (the creator of the steroids did kill himself but im just assuming the reason. the things the uber guy were injected with were enhancers(cuz he punched a body of water and made the fish pop out but i dont know if they were actually called steroids) at the end of every episode it shows the current results of the blocks and any people that lost have their picture in black and white and the people who are still competing are still colored. They go through each block and after the credits it shows a belt with a lion's head on it and the words "Free WILL" written in exxagerated writing. Thank you for reading this i hope this helps
I read about half of that before my eyes started to water, but nevertheless, it sounds a lot like Grappler Baki.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 17:01   Link #444
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Hallo,

what are the correct names of this series:

http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/toribla/
Trinity BloodKoukyou Shihen Eureka Seven
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 14:45   Link #445
hooliganj
Team Player

Is this the one you mean? スベルヲイトワズ

It's really odd to see ヲ instead of を, and it makes me think they chose the character for the sound instead of marking the object of the sentence, which would make the title Suberu White Wars. If ヲ is the object marker, then it might be Detesting Suberu, and that makes me wonder why it's in katakana. Either way, it's a strange title.
Old 2004-12-26, 16:26   Link #446
Mb81

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Is this the one you mean? スベルヲイトワズ

It's really odd to see ヲ instead of を, and it makes me think they chose the character for the sound instead of marking the object of the sentence, which would make the title Suberu White Wars. If ヲ is the object marker, then it might be Detesting Suberu, and that makes me wonder why it's in katakana. Either way, it's a strange title.
Jepp. I meant this.

So "Suberu" would be the name ?
Mb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 03:52   Link #447
hooliganj
Team Player

That's how it looks to me. My dictionary offers 'to control' or 'to glide or slide' as meanings for the verb 'suberu', but the conjugation is all wrong here, even for a title. I think it's a name.
Old 2004-12-27, 09:49   Link #448
hoks

Hi

I watched this mecha anime after 1985 I think

Its about a boy that has a small model kit robot that he can control with a small laptop computer

he enters some fighting tournements and when the robot jumps into the ring it does a somersault and flips a cape off to reveal itself, I think in the first fight the boy looses and his robot ends up with a broken leg but he fixes it

the robot can be upgraded with special parts

the last episode I remeber is where they boy takes on a challenge from a black robot controlled by another kid in a junk yard

I think the name of the anime in japanese translates literally as white gold warrior or something, I am not sure

Does anybody know the name of this anime or where I can get more info about it

Thanks
hoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:38   Link #449
Izzy
Corrupted

small help here, prolly special help from kj1980
anyways, what is the name of this?

http://www.cyril.dreamhost.com/a/res/1911.html

thanks in advance
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:58   Link #450
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoks
Hi

I watched this mecha anime after 1985 I think

Its about a boy that has a small model kit robot that he can control with a small laptop computer

he enters some fighting tournements and when the robot jumps into the ring it does a somersault and flips a cape off to reveal itself, I think in the first fight the boy looses and his robot ends up with a broken leg but he fixes it

the robot can be upgraded with special parts

the last episode I remeber is where they boy takes on a challenge from a black robot controlled by another kid in a junk yard

I think the name of the anime in japanese translates literally as white gold warrior or something, I am not sure

Does anybody know the name of this anime or where I can get more info about it

Thanks
I'm not sure, but is this it: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=1432
Old 2004-12-30, 15:42   Link #451
Angel Hikari

Is this real?

A few days ago, I came across this picture on the net

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ari/hiphop.jpg

but all the Anime enthusiaist around here don't really listen to rap, so I was wondering if this was a real anime or...? and if so, is there anywhere to get pics from this series...?

Last edited by xris; 2004-12-30 at 15:58. Reason: Thread merged (and img tag changed to url tag)
Angel Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-31, 02:26   Link #452
Lunar Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to Lunar Alchemist Send a message via MSN to Lunar Alchemist
Anyone one what this Anime is called?

Somehow I was reminded of an obscure game for the Turbo Grafx 16 called Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. While looking at the pics of the game, I vaguely recall seeing a familiar Anime with the main character that looked exactly like the guy in the game. I also remember there was a small princess, and a fat samurai with two katanas and I think there were robot mechs also. I thought it was called Keith Courage, but when I ran a search on Yahoo, it turned up nothing but obscure articles about the game. Anyone know what the anime is called?
Lunar Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:03   Link #453
king1980

Need Help To Identify Anime/Movie 1985-1993

Some children are playing on a beach. A dragon comes to eat the children, but a young boy (Nara - I can't remember if that is his name) saves them, and kills the dragon, by taking out his spine. The dragons body, sinks to the bottom of the ocean, to his father castle. The dragon's father is so angry that he tells the dragons, who decided they want the life of the boy who murdered their kin, and if they don't get it, they will take the lives of the villagers.

Meanwhile the boy is playing at home with the dragons spine, proud of defeating the evil dragon. When his father finds out what he has done, he confiscates the boys gold ring and red ribbon - (the weapons he used to kill the dragon). His father is so angry and disappointed with his son.

The dragons come in search of the boy and find Nara's father. The dragons find Nara's father and tell him to kill his son as a sacrifice. Meanwhile the dragons are sending strong wind an rains to take the lives of the villagers. Nara's father can't kill his son, so the Nara takes his own life, to save the people in his village. When he dies, a crane comes and takes his soul to an old man who puts it into a flower.

The village is safe, the dragon who lost his son celebrates at the bottom of the ocean.

The flower opens, and the boy is re-born, but now he has magical powers. His ring and ribbon are returned to him, and He goes to the bottom of the ocean, and kills the evil dragon.

Everyone celebrates because there are no evil dragons to terrorise the village anymore, and because the child had returned, but the child has to leave because he is no longer mortal.

It was set in Ancient Orient?

I saw it television in the UK some time during those years. sorry I cant be anymore specific.
king1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 19:59   Link #454
The Yellow Dwarf

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1980
Some children are playing on a beach. A dragon comes to eat the children, but a young boy (Nara - I can't remember if that is his name) saves them, and kills the dragon, by taking out his spine. The dragons body, sinks to the bottom of the ocean, to his father castle. The dragon's father is so angry that he tells the dragons, who decided they want the life of the boy who murdered their kin, and if they don't get it, they will take the lives of the villagers.
That is the Chinese legend of Nataku. Apparently there's an anime called Soul Hunter that features something like what you described.

http://www.absoluteanime.com/soul_hunter/index.htm
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 22:44   Link #455
Willmatic

Send a message via AIM to Willmatic
What was that anime...?

... where an older brother got seperated from his little sister, then later on in the future he's a teacher, she's his student and they fall in love and then later on they learn the truth?
Willmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 06:44   Link #456
king1980

Thumbs up Chinese legend of Nataku

Thank you for your quick response The Yellow Dwarf.
king1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 11:06   Link #457
swerv
Stay Up

edit: banged my head and remembered
Old 2005-01-03, 18:36   Link #458
phillai

Can anyone help me recognise this anime series?

Hi there! Before I start, I would like to say a personal thanks to Animesuki for existing. You've got so much unbelievable anime that it's so fricking cool!

Anyway, I have a problem.
I wanna relieve my youth and I'm having problems recognising two anime series that I watched when I was younger.

Right, both of these may not be Japanese but I guess that they are Japanese in the first place. I watched these when I was younger all in Chinese.

The first one is an anime series based on a boy who has unbelievable skills in 'videogaming'. Yep, that's right, he gets challenged often in the series and he always wins in the end.

The second one is a funny anime series based on two ninja brothers. They have cool gadgets similar to what Doremon has got and they sleep on these beds upside down on the ceiling. The older blue dressed ninja always had a tendency to wet his pants in bed! His younger ninja brother always dressed in red.

And that's as much as I remember. I probably watched these about 20 years ago. I just hope that someone is on the same wave length as me here as I really wanna know what both of these anime series are called and if there are on Animesuki then I will be a happy person if I can watch them all over again.

Thanks for reading and I thank you in advance if you can help me out here...

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2005-01-03 at 18:48. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before creating new threads! At least look at the bloody stickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 02:22   Link #459
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmatic
... where an older brother got seperated from his little sister, then later on in the future he's a teacher, she's his student and they fall in love and then later on they learn the truth?
Is it..."Koikaze?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillai
The first one is an anime series based on a boy who has unbelievable skills in 'videogaming'. Yep, that's right, he gets challenged often in the series and he always wins in the end.
"Game Center Arashi"

You may want to check out the recently released "Arcade Gamer Fubuki" which is (in some sort) a continuation of Arashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillai
The second one is a funny anime series based on two ninja brothers. They have cool gadgets similar to what Doremon has got and they sleep on these beds upside down on the ceiling. The older blue dressed ninja always had a tendency to wet his pants in bed! His younger ninja brother always dressed in red.
What you have described is awfully similar to "Ninja Hattori-kun," which is done by the same person(s) who did "Doraemon" - the late Fujiko F. Fujio.

Last edited by kj1980; 2005-01-04 at 15:50.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 02:29   Link #460
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Alchemist
Somehow I was reminded of an obscure game for the Turbo Grafx 16 called Keith Courage in Alpha Zones. While looking at the pics of the game, I vaguely recall seeing a familiar Anime with the main character that looked exactly like the guy in the game. I also remember there was a small princess, and a fat samurai with two katanas and I think there were robot mechs also. I thought it was called Keith Courage, but when I ran a search on Yahoo, it turned up nothing but obscure articles about the game. Anyone know what the anime is called?
Easy.

We laughed at your "Turbo Grafix 16" back then because it came with the title "Keith Courage."

What was so funny about it? Because the original Japanese title for "Keith Courage" is... "Majin Eiyuuden Wataru."

"Majin Eiyuuden Wataru" was a very popular Japanese anime back then, and it was released as a game on our PC Engine.

We were wondering who the heck in marketing in the States would get the name "Keith Courage" from Wataru.

For your reference to check it out, here's a HP to the "Majin Eiyuuden Wataru" DVD-box site in Japanese: http://www.vap.co.jp/wataru/
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel