AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-11, 19:47   Link #281
Xion Valkyrie

Apparently CE's are very limited in stock and are sold out in a number of places. So if you're even thinking about getting the CE, you should do so ASAP.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 20:12   Link #282
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

All the hype for GW2 did make the CE very tempting Just saving my money for something else though.
Old 2012-04-11, 21:26   Link #283
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Oo they emailed me my CD key immediately. It's so exciting yet so useless atm. The good thing about getting accounts for fresh new games is the USERNAMES. My ID gets taken too many times D:

My back up online username when my usual one is taken is SauceThrower
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 22:03   Link #284
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Oo they emailed me my CD key immediately. It's so exciting yet so useless atm. The good thing about getting accounts for fresh new games is the USERNAMES. My ID gets taken too many times D:

If you have a hall, it preserves your name for a little while after launch or some such, iirc.

Pity you can't make a username already, imagine the mad dash if you could.

PS: If anyone is looking to work on their HoM (40/50), let me know in a PM or some such. I'm bored of AI.
Old 2012-04-12, 02:27   Link #285
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Apparently CE's are very limited in stock and are sold out in a number of places. So if you're even thinking about getting the CE, you should do so ASAP.
Thankfully, I live in the boonies and so happily purchased my CE today ^^

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:48   Link #286
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

They've even thought about that here, your user name gets a four number code attached so that no user name can ever be completely taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
If you have a hall, it preserves your name for a little while after launch or some such, iirc.

Pity you can't make a username already, imagine the mad dash if you could.
Hmm? Weird, I was asked to make mine when I pre-purchased.

Quote:
PS: If anyone is looking to work on their HoM (40/50), let me know in a PM or some such. I'm bored of AI.
Still stuck on 4/50 myself (MOX and that's it). No motivation whatsoever.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 02:58   Link #287
Jellal
Anime Critic

Would someone be kind enough to tell me the status on GW2 Atm?

From what I know, It's released sometime in December.
Apparently, some of you have pre-purchased it, enabling you to play early or what?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 10:03   Link #288
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm? Weird, I was asked to make mine when I pre-purchased.
The website asks you to connect an old account and then to make a forum name, not a character name. Forum names are generic with the .XXXX at the end.
Old 2012-04-12, 10:59   Link #289
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Yeah character names are only when you actually have the game installed

I'm more concerned about account username because I forget it when it's not the one I use for everything on the internet D:

I'm okay with character names, they're usually something obnoxious/creative that no one would ever use.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 11:14   Link #290
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Yeah character names are only when you actually have the game installed

I'm more concerned about account username because I forget it when it's not the one I use for everything on the internet D:

I'm okay with character names, they're usually something obnoxious/creative that no one would ever use.
I'm not sure the forum/account name will matter. It's going to need to be off of email otherwise their system is self-defeating.
~ You create username: BobbyBrown
~ Since you are the first person to make the name, it's just BobbyBrown
~ Person B creates username: BobbyBrown
~ Now both players have BobbyBrown.XXXY/Z

Either they have to spam you with emails to let you know your username just changed, or the username is just something of a moniker to mask your email but your email is how you log in.
Old 2012-04-12, 16:56   Link #291
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The website asks you to connect an old account and then to make a forum name, not a character name. Forum names are generic with the .XXXX at the end.
True, though in my defense we were using the term usernames.

And yeah, it's going to be e-mail login. Most games use e-mail for login purposes these days. It's easier to remember, meaning less "halp! I forgot my username!" problems, and impossible to be taken first.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 12:00   Link #292
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

A question for the people who pre-purchased: have Arena net sent you a mail for download the beta client yet?
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 16:57   Link #293
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
A question for the people who pre-purchased: have Arena net sent you a mail for download the beta client yet?
No, not yet. I just got an E-mail thanking me for registering, and a promise that they would send me an additional E-mail later on with the beta download link.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 20:15   Link #294
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Thanks for the info. I bought the game from Green Man Gaming (when it was $55, I don't understand why it is now $75) so I'm quite worried if I did the best choice or should have bought it directly from Arena net.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:13   Link #295
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Did you buy it before or at the 10th of April and forward? Only purchases on the 10th and forward grants Beta and Early Access.

My online retailer had the same interface as the official GW2 site regarding the digital download, together with being cheaper thanks to value currency, so I have no idea how GMG works.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:14   Link #296
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Yeah, bought it the 10th and registered it the same day.
Old 2012-04-19, 00:17   Link #297
Alaya
Counter Force

The first public beta weekend is confirmed to be on 27-29th April. Time to prepare for those three days!

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:08   Link #298
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm going to need to make up my mind on what class to roll, this upcoming beta is going to be a good chance to test out the Mesmer and the Guardian (my two choices hanging as possibilities). I played Mesmer and Sin through all of GW1, but the new iterations of either hasn't really tickled my fancy that much, that and I was never the biggest fan of the limits on the Sin... especially since he's my main with all the achievements. The dependence on AI illusions has been a bit of a turn off and the rather shifted nature of the Mesmer has had me looking elsewhere.

...And somehow, in every other game I ever play, I end up playing a holy knight of some sort. The guardian for GW2 is neat because it gives a very wide range of versatility, survivability, and good balance of boons and conds. Though I really dislike the elites, the Tome ones specifically. Stationary? Elite? Meh.
Old 2012-04-23, 22:57   Link #299
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
I'm going to need to make up my mind on what class to roll, this upcoming beta is going to be a good chance to test out the Mesmer and the Guardian (my two choices hanging as possibilities). I played Mesmer and Sin through all of GW1, but the new iterations of either hasn't really tickled my fancy that much, that and I was never the biggest fan of the limits on the Sin... especially since he's my main with all the achievements. The dependence on AI illusions has been a bit of a turn off and the rather shifted nature of the Mesmer has had me looking elsewhere.

...And somehow, in every other game I ever play, I end up playing a holy knight of some sort. The guardian for GW2 is neat because it gives a very wide range of versatility, survivability, and good balance of boons and conds. Though I really dislike the elites, the Tome ones specifically. Stationary? Elite? Meh.
The AI of the illusion is pretty much very simple: It will attack the target you use the skill that create the illusion on. So shatter away the illusions before your target is dead.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 18:37   Link #300
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Ok, ArenaNet started sending the mails for download the beta. Gotta wait like 2 days for download completely the beta