AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 18:52   Link #2041
mochichan

But the real AKB influenced this anime alot.
The way the characters act, the references, the whole speech Nagisa made is almost the same as Maeda Atsuko made :\
It's unavoidable.

Anyway do you guys think they can deal with the whole DES thing in the next 2 ep?
I mean it seem to me that if they're going to beat DES, they'll have to have some star war fight in space or something bigger instead of just beat some small factions that's occupying Lancaster. :\
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 18:57   Link #2042
Kazu-kun

*spoiler removed*

Next episode will probably be a Nagisa-papa rescue mission and the last episode will have the concert. If we're lucky we might see the pro-entertainment faction fighting DES while 00 performs in the concert. It could be a pretty epic sequence.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2012-07-10 at 10:56.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:33   Link #2043
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ [...]

Next episode will probably be a Nagisa-papa rescue mission and the last episode will have the concert. If we're lucky we might see the pro-entertainment faction fighting DES while 00 performs in the concert. It could be a pretty epic sequence.
While I couldn't care less about your little feud you two have there is no reason to bring up a spoiler again even if it was used before.

Anyway it is unlikely that they go save Nagisa's dad. AKB has no reason to do that, they came to Lancastar in order to hold a concert not liberate prisoners. Besides even if they would somehow manage to pull off that stunt DES would just arrest him again after they leave the planet.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 19:53   Link #2044
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Anyway it is unlikely that they go save Nagisa's dad. AKB has no reason to do that, they came to Lancastar in order to hold a concert not liberate prisoners.
All that is true, but now that this plot point was introduced, it has to be dealt with. Whether is Nagisa or someone else doing the rescue, I doubt they will just brush it off. Just my two cents.
Old 2012-07-09, 19:58   Link #2045
mochichan

Spoiler for des:

Quote:
While I couldn't care less about your little feud you two have there is no reason to bring up a spoiler again even if it was used before.

Anyway it is unlikely that they go save Nagisa's dad. AKB has no reason to do that, they came to Lancastar in order to hold a concert not liberate prisoners. Besides even if they would somehow manage to pull off that stunt DES would just arrest him again after they leave the planet.
But Nagisa does so it's not like she can leave her dad in prison and perform without a problem
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 20:27   Link #2046
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I'd let the WOTA deal with it. Perhaps we'll see a tearful reconciliation with Nagisa as he is whisked off in the AKB space cruiser. Oh, wait, what about Mommy? Nagisa is going to need a new hair ribbon at some point. And other than the dance instructor, I haven't seen any other men on board the ship. The ship must have special air filters to deal with the levels of estrogen in the atmosphere.

It's strange how Chieri has been cast aside in the past couple of episodes. It's also hard to see what her role will be in the remaining ones if they focus on the Lancastar trio.

Tsubasa seems witless at times, in this case letting the girls wander the streets of Lancastar. Sure they're in battle dress, but that seems to be pretty limited protection against machines guns and mecha. Did she have some secret purpose in letting the girls go walkabout? I agree with Eisdrache that, on the surface at least, it made no sense. Tsubasa seems too rational to say, "oh well, it's their planet; let them look around." And why send all nine of them? If it was just for old time's sake, why not just the three ex-Lancastar girls, with maybe Chieri since she had lived there before? Like on the impoverished planet, the girls don't really blend into the background.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 20:31   Link #2047
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It's strange how Chieri has been cast aside in the past couple of episodes. It's also hard to see what her role will be in the remaining ones if they focus on the Lancastar trio.
That's why I said before that it seems Okada doesn't know what to do with Cheiri anymore.

In any case, I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds the way they're dealing with her strange. I remember how Yomi was cast aside in the last episodes of Blackrock Shooter and I can't help getting worried for Chieri.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-09 at 20:47.
Old 2012-07-09, 20:46   Link #2048
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Nagisa is suddenly going to perform something special.
I wonder what reason it's given to her?

Also kind of feel some pity for Takamina the 5th after this episode. It's clear her leg has a problem while she's climbing the stair - add that to the fact that she has the difficult decision to hand over her position to Kanata or not.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-09 at 20:57.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 20:56   Link #2049
Random Wanderer

Quote:
It's strange how Chieri has been cast aside in the past couple of episodes.
...I'm not seeing it. She's still getting a good amount of focus and attention. Roughly the same amount that she's always had. I'd say she had more focus this time than a good half her fellow trainees, including Orine, despite the fact that this is Orine's homecoming.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 21:05   Link #2050
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Nagisa is suddenly going to perform something special. I wonder what reason it's given to her?
She will be performing Nagisa no Cherry. Isn't that reason enough?

If not, how about because Okada decided to make her the star of the story? She seems like a pretty wimpy heroine to me. I'm not sure I'd want her covering my back with a mic-laser when the DES roll in. Can you imagine Nagisa engaged in the type of combat we saw in episode one? Maybe they can modify her hair ribbon so it has the same offensive capabilities TakaMina's had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
...I'm not seeing it. She's still getting a good amount of focus and attention. Roughly the same amount that she's always had. I'd say she had more focus this time than a good half her fellow trainees, including Orine, despite the fact that this is Orine's homecoming.
Other than the scene where she watches Yuuko perform in front of the mirror, and the one scene in the practice room where she demonstrates her leadership abilities, or lack thereof, Chieri did not have much of a role in this episode. Unless I missed something significant? Of late, she seems to spend most of her time moping about the kirara and feeling jealous of Nagisa. For a character that seemed to be one of the two principals for most of the show, Chieri has been relegated to more of a supporting role in the last two episodes.

Frankly I think this show has suffered from a surfeit of characters. Not only is it hard to keep them all straight, there's just not enough time in thirteen episodes to really give so many characters enough to do. I think the script would have been stronger if it had stayed focused on the four original girls and spent much less time on the rest of the understudies, the successions, and all that. If anything, the desire to incorporate the entire AKB universe into the show has been something of a detriment to story-telling. I suspect the producers were afraid of alienating the AKB48 fans who presumably all want their preferred idols to be represented in the anime.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-07-09 at 21:21.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:09   Link #2051
sa547
*Author

We haven't seen anything yet, especially how the hell Nagisa and the rest of the girls could handle a shitstorm of monumental proportions on her home turf.

BTW, my riff on Flagg's famous recruitment poster:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-09, 21:32   Link #2052
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
She will be performing Nagisa no Cherry. Isn't that reason enough?

If not, how about because Okada decided to make her the star of the story? She seems like a pretty wimpy heroine to me. I'm not sure I'd want her covering my back with a mic-laser when the DES roll in. Can you imagine Nagisa engaged in the type of combat we saw in episode one? Maybe they can modify her hair ribbon so it has the same offensive capabilities TakaMina's had.
I was thinking something like that the Kirara saw something special in her.
Something not present in the others. Just speculating.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:41   Link #2053
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I was thinking something like that the Kirara saw something special in her. Something not present in the others.
I wrote earlier about that when I asked why the kirara followed Chieri home after the Lancaster concert, when the scene earlier in that episode shows it reacting so strongly to Nagisa.

I still don't understand why the kirara didn't attach itself to Nagisa. I don't think we've seen the reason yet, if there is one, either.

One thing I noticed looking at that image is that the girls already have the heart hair shine, but not the hearts in their eyes. It's like they had AKB potential, but hadn't yet reached "fullness." Recall that the little girl on the impoverished planet suddenly develops the heart-in-eye marker after watching the concert.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:55   Link #2054
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Or.. giving that solo to Nagisa could be part of Tsubasa's plan - as one step closer to discovering what happened to the past centers.

I hope we get some form of closure on that mystery about center nova on the final 2 episodes.
If not, then there definitely needs to be a season 2.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:18   Link #2055
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Also kind of feel some pity for Takamina the 5th after this episode. It's clear her leg has a problem while she's climbing the stair - add that to the fact that she has the difficult decision to hand over her position to Kanata or not.
Her leg should be completely fine by now.

As for Kanata's promotion it has somewhat shifted in the background for now. Not that they ever really concluded the matter
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 22:29   Link #2056
Raiga
tl;dr

Oh, Tsubasa is totally plotting something. Whatever S4 had to say, she definitely played her part in setting up this concert.

2 more episodes... will they try to cram it all in or save it for an S2? Fingerscrossedfingerscrossed...
Old 2012-07-09, 22:31   Link #2057
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I still don't understand why the kirara didn't attach itself to Nagisa. I don't think we've seen the reason yet, if there is one, either.
I also want to know why it followed Chieri and not Nagisa. I hope there's a reason because it's really important IMO. The fact that it stayed with Chieri ended up influenced a lot of her character development so I think knowing the reason is key. Besides there are already too many random things in this story and enough is enough.

Quote:
One thing I noticed looking at that image is that the girls already have the heart hair shine, but not the hearts in their eyes.
They have the hearts in their eyes too actually.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:35   Link #2058
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Or.. giving that solo to Nagisa could be part of Tsubasa's plan - as one step closer to discovering what happened to the past centers.
Can you elaborate on this? Why would Nagisa be central to Tsubasa's plan, assuming she has one? Why not Chieri, or Kanata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They have the hearts in their eyes too actually.
Ah, so they do. I had to blow up the picture to see them.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:41   Link #2059
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Can you elaborate on this? Why would Nagisa be central to Tsubasa's plan, assuming she has one? Why not Chieri, or Kanata?
Tsubasa wants to awaken a new Center Nova to find out what happened to Acchan, and her clue was the picture of Chieri and Nagisa that Miichan took. I don't know why she chose Nagisa specifically and not Chieri though, or if it was S4 who did it. Either way, now Nagisa is indeed central to her plan.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-10 at 01:18.
Old 2012-07-09, 22:42   Link #2060
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Her leg should be completely fine by now.

As for Kanata's promotion it has somewhat shifted in the background for now. Not that they ever really concluded the matter
I rewatched the stair scene with Kanata and Takamina on episode 11 again.
Takamina's right leg still seems stiff. The way she climbed the stair is definitely not normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Oh, Tsubasa is totally plotting something. Whatever S4 had to say, she definitely played her part in setting up this concert.

2 more episodes... will they try to cram it all in or save it for an S2? Fingerscrossedfingerscrossed...
Yes, and maybe that's why she said something like "There's no debate" Nagisa would be the one to perform.

And I'm also wondering what that thing in the darkness really looked like. A giant size kirara?

Quote:
This is purely speculation and I'm not stating it as fact. I believe Tsubasa has a plan. Her goal is to find out where a missing person went, and that requires at least some degree of planning and effort (gathering clues and such).

As for why Nagisa is chosen I simply can't explain. The green Kirara does glow for Nagisa.. so that's one clue.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-09 at 23:39.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime