Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 21:03   Link #281
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Head to the BETA homeworld ? Are they nuts ?
By that time, yes, yes they are. Without warp power, they were all going die anyway once the remaining reserves give out. Though, for plot purposes, Takeru found that the BETA origination point was only 1 year away under impulse power.

I think an Intrepid-class can put up quite a fight against the BETA hive fleets. Look what one did to the Borg.

Sarawa... Chikyuu yo. Sawara...

Uchuu... Senkan......

*shotshotshot*
Old 2012-09-28, 21:17   Link #282
John117xCortana

Why not help this humanity against the BETA ? They are facing extinction.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 21:23   Link #283
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Why not help this humanity against the BETA ? They are facing extinction.
Because they won't make it back to earth on impulse power, it'll run out halfway. The BETA homeworld has a hyperspace node linking the entire quadrant together, and is nearer. And the Defiant might even be able to hijack it to get back to Earth.

So, its a crazy scheme with a 98.47% chance of failure. But its the one shot they have to save Humanity, so might as well take the highway to hell.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:00   Link #284
John117xCortana

Even if they do reach Earth the Muv Luv verse humanity would be too busy fighting each other over who gets what piece of tech on the Defiant instead of working together.
Old 2012-09-29, 12:15   Link #285
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I really shouldn't be saying this after knowing you for close to five years, Kha, (holy shit, it's five years since I joined Outer Cadia? Where the hell did my youth go?!?!?!), but I have to confess I'd forgotten the depths of your madness.

You don't have to shoehorn in shoutouts in every thing.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:52   Link #286
John117xCortana

What are you talking about ?
Old 2012-09-29, 13:39   Link #287
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Kha (MeisterBabylon) trying to do insert stuff into other stuff without any regard for anything.

Or forgetting that he's thinking out loud.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:44   Link #288
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

hmmm I think a certain Alpha Numbers did some gate crashing to a certain alien home world

Spoiler for .....:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:57   Link #289
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Even if they do reach Earth the Muv Luv verse humanity would be too busy fighting each other over who gets what piece of tech on the Defiant instead of working together.
...ah, I forgot about that.

The Defiant blows up as it arrives back home once Ensign heroic sacrifices himself to transport all passengers off the ship. Or at least its ruined so bad he has to fly it into the sun in order for the ship to not wreck half the planet surface.

Problem solved.

(though, if you raised the love meter of one of the girls high enough, you'd wake up on a shore, wondering what happened, and she comes to find you as though it were all a dream.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I have to confess I'd forgotten the depths of your madness.
I've forgotten that sometimes myself.

Quote:
You don't have to shoehorn in shoutouts in every thing.
This isn't a shoutout, its an outright crossover. I'd be much much more contained if it were a shoutout.

And last I checked, these don't even vaguely count as serious plot bunnies, both Foreman, Foreman, and MuvLuv Defiant. Fandom isn't always serious business.
Old 2012-09-30, 04:46   Link #290
John117xCortana

How can Star Trek tech help improve TSFs ?
Old 2012-09-30, 04:47   Link #291
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
You are asking this question to someone who is just jumping the bandwagon and have NOT played the game; and therefore have NO idea of what the tech, the political landscape and how the mind of people who never truly have gotten over nationalism tick are really like.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 06:41   Link #292
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I would most definitely avoid this with a 10 parsec pole. Not just because as Shebs pointed out that I am very unfamiliar with TSF technology.

Very much more importantly, I am of the camp that feels that the TSFs should remain free of external influence. I was rather annoyed by attempts to 'power' them up with alternate universe technologies. Because to me, these are the analogues of real world fighters. Our fighters have no overtechnology, why should these guys? And there's something special in taking a clearly inferior weapon and making the opponent die for his country, or for general ass-kicking.

So no, there will NOT be any TSFs carrying warp cores, phasers, photon torpedoes and deflector shields. Hell, I'm specifically making sure the Defiant NEVER makes it to Earth, either by metauniversal circumstances, or plot railroading if I have to. Do remember, the Ensign is still a Starfleet officer, and while the Principle of Temporal Non-Interference can be waivered in the face of extinction, the transfer of advanced technologies can not be excused at this point in time.

The closest I would do it, is with a TSF analogue of the Delta Flyer. IE, its the MuvLuv version of the Delta Flyer shuttle that is seen in Voyager. It will have similar specs and features, but turned into a TSF because of the Terran scientist on board helping with the design. Ensign would pilot it himself, and it will take up all of Defiant's shuttle bay. This Delta Flyer will be destroyed in the final battle, and the wounded Defiant would limp through the hyperspace network while everything blows up around her. She will end in a massive warp core breech, a befitting send-off for such a brilliant ship.

You can say the scientist who survives the Ensign's heroics may attempt to build another Delta Flyer, but without replicators it would be impossible.

So please don't ask that question again. I'm already very unpopular in this thread and I would certainly wish to have some reprieve for once because I cannot play through ML just yet so I cannot be up to speed with anyone else as such I CANNOT plan or write an actual fic. I restrict myself to non-canon, or AU romps until then, as it always was my principle outside of herpderp theories.

I repeat again, for those who are blind:

I will not write a true-to-canon fic until I finish the goddamn game so stop fussing about it already!!!
Old 2012-09-30, 08:13   Link #293
John117xCortana

Never said anything about using ST tech in TSFs. More like how you can use ST tech to improve local techs. Like make the engines more efficient or make better composite materials.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:36   Link #294
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Kha, that bold red text loses a lot of your indignation when one recalls that your stuff isn't that true to canon even when you have access to the source.

Also, that bold red text gives the impression that you're yelling that until you finish the game, the only output you will produce is stuff that is false to canon. Which, if I may be brutally blunt and honest, is not only what most of your stuff already is, but it is stuff we don't want to see.

tl;dr, STFU until after you finish the games. I'm not moving further until I finish the trilogy, because I don't have a clear picture of the world.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 13:39   Link #295
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Not just because as Shebs pointed out that I am very unfamiliar with TSF technology.
I would suggest looking at the wiki and watching the anime. The wiki and show is pretty reliable barring a few things and can give out a place to start on how an TSF operates and it's abilities. There is a lot of miscellaneous info in the wiki like what material is used on a TSF, weapons and equipment like the jump packs and OS. It also has a bit of summarized info on how politics work in MLU/A.

I still recommend playing the game and the side-stories to get a feel of the setting and info on the political and cultural landscape of MuvLuv.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:03   Link #296
stardrago

Say, I have been thinking of this fanfic if someone is interested, it takes place when Takeru wakes up on October 22, 2001 after Alternative and when he gets outside not only he sees the broken TSF which I think is the F-4 Genkishin but as well as the AGE Builder from Gundam Age, after it was seemingly destroyed. He would use the wear parts that were used in the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Cosmic Drive/Universe Accel video game for Age-1 and Age-2 and for the material to make them well from like the parts of Beta like the arms of the Grappler class and the Fort-Classes legs.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 00:18   Link #297
Esg

Quote:
Kha, that bold red text loses a lot of your indignation when one recalls that your stuff isn't that true to canon even when you have access to the source.

Also, that bold red text gives the impression that you're yelling that until you finish the game, the only output you will produce is stuff that is false to canon. Which, if I may be brutally blunt and honest, is not only what most of your stuff already is, but it is stuff we don't want to see.

tl;dr, STFU until after you finish the games. I'm not moving further until I finish the trilogy, because I don't have a clear picture of the world.
Words of truth
Esg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:18   Link #298
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Good god you guys, can't I come here to relax and chitchat about something not so serious? Its a fic thread right? :/

Quote:
Never said anything about using ST tech in TSFs. More like how you can use ST tech to improve local techs. Like make the engines more efficient or make better composite materials.
Still, the bleedover runs the risk of ruining the flavor of the series... Sure, there's some benefits logically speaking, but I'll reserve judgement until I complete MLA and finish the game.

Quote:
And why would you assume that is the case? Have you been in the ISOC thread lately?

I approached different universes differently. Most of my work in Nanoha were written in a void, and in the thick of my youth, so there wasn't any canon to base on, anyway. Now with Vivid being published I have a hard canon source to refer to, and that is why you see nothing from me on that angle anymore. I'm busy getting my facts right.

This is my work ethic when I'm serious about something.

Quote:
Same thing goes both ways; case in point, Nyan is so tired of the militarization of the Nanoha OCT that he has begun down a path of crack that even I can't follow...

Let's not dig up the past. I'm serious about doing something properly with MuvLuverse and I also very much agree that most works for MuvLuv will have to be of the appropriate tone and accuracy. The anime, games, and everything in the hard disk is waiting for my consumption. Until then, all I have is a silhouette of a F-16FF TSF, a pilot and a rough notion that she's part of a PMC. Nothing to call home about, much less build a story about.

I am aware that Muvluverse isn't Dog Days, and I am making sure I don't turn it into one as such.

Quote:
STFU until after you finish the games. I'm not moving further until I finish the trilogy, because I don't have a clear picture of the world.
You and I both. It's just so hard to STFU. Why can't I blow off steam here once in a while? The red text had a bit of RL strain trickling into it as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
I would suggest looking at the wiki and watching the anime. The wiki and show is pretty reliable barring a few things and can give out a place to start on how an TSF operates and it's abilities. There is a lot of miscellaneous info in the wiki like what material is used on a TSF, weapons and equipment like the jump packs and OS. It also has a bit of summarized info on how politics work in MLU/A.

I still recommend playing the game and the side-stories to get a feel of the setting and info on the political and cultural landscape of MuvLuv.
Very much aware, will do it in December once my exams are over, when I can see what the hell I'm getting myself into...

Edit: You know what? Forget it.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-10-01 at 07:32.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:19   Link #299
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
Say, I have been thinking of this fanfic if someone is interested, it takes place when Takeru wakes up on October 22, 2001 after Alternative and when he gets outside not only he sees the broken TSF which I think is the F-4 Genkishin but as well as the AGE Builder from Gundam Age, after it was seemingly destroyed. He would use the wear parts that were used in the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Cosmic Drive/Universe Accel video game for Age-1 and Age-2 and for the material to make them well from like the parts of Beta like the arms of the Grappler class and the Fort-Classes legs.
Don't get me wrong, and please take this as my Personal opinion.
I think Takeru's tale is done. At least the part where he wakes up in the house with a broken TSF on the side...

You could say that's another alternative reality but... hey, it's an overused plot.

This is my personal opinion as i stated, and i'd love to read your fanfic and be proven wrong =)

By the way, one of the things that took my attention in this universe is the attention to detail, like, the theoretically possible explanations of how the technology in this universe works, so, as someone said above, mixing this stuff with gundam tech... kinda takes some of the magic from it. The Mechas here are heavy, give a sense of mass, etc.
Gundams just seem like floating ninja bots with enough power to turn entire cities into craters. That's really unfair to the cute BETAs... =P
Old 2012-10-01, 07:50   Link #300
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
By the way, one of the things that took my attention in this universe is the attention to detail, like, the theoretically possible explanations of how the technology in this universe works, so, as someone said above, mixing this stuff with gundam tech... kinda takes some of the magic from it. The Mechas here are heavy, give a sense of mass, etc.
Gundams just seem like floating ninja bots with enough power to turn entire cities into craters. That's really unfair to the cute BETAs... =P
This + 10 chibi Anans.

Tags
fanfiction, harem