Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Bakemonogatari
Princess Lover!
Sora no Manimani?
Nyan Koi!
Kampfer
Sora no Otoshimono
Is bakemonogatari really a harem series? I think it is love-triangle at best but not a harem.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 09:10   Link #1602
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Is bakemonogatari really a harem series? I think it is love-triangle at best but not a harem.
Replace that with love collage then. A series that also features an awesome main lead.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 15:33   Link #1603
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Sure it is, the main guy is surrounded by a crew of hot girls that has(probably?) for him. Sounds like a harem to me... except he already picked one.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 16:16   Link #1604
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Sure it is, the main guy is surrounded by a crew of hot girls that has(probably?) for him. Sounds like a harem to me... except he already picked one.
Only two girls has it for him - others look at him as a friend, thats why I called it a love triangle.
Old 2009-11-23, 16:45   Link #1605
Johnny
Working the bags...

What about the snake girl, can't remember her name? Also didn't one of his sisters have it bad for him as well?

Back on track, I don't mind seeing Zen still struggle some. I'd be more ticked if he became like God's lost love child in one night...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:05   Link #1606
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
What about the snake girl, can't remember her name? Also didn't one of his sisters have it bad for him as well?
Nadeko the snake girl definately has a crush on Ararararararararagi-san.. and for his sister you'll be thinking of Karen.. lmao @ the toothbrush scene from Nise.. I'll love to see the reaction on the staff members of SHAFT when they get around to animating that. Wonder what the other sister things of him.. especially considering I know what she is.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:32   Link #1607
aahhsin

Well this chapter was amusing. I like Akune's style.

Forget all these elaborate plans and whatnot. Just smash your way through. There's more than one way to do things.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 01:06   Link #1608
Wrath88
Kissing...

Actuall,y after seeing Zen in this chapter, it kind of suits him. He's been pretty much Medaka's guard dog all the way, and thus can't really be expected to think that complicatedly.

Akune really wants to show off, counting the number of times he needed to hit to whack a way through. Normal poles should have broken by then... unless they didn't show him taking the next pole when the current one wore out.
Old 2009-11-25, 03:02   Link #1609
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was actually expecting Zenkichi to crush his way through and Akune to beat up the twins...but this works too
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 16:09   Link #1610
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i still think this mangaīs pretty decent, not top, but amazing art + obligatory jokes here and there

i think i read a few pages of nurarihyon or whatever itīs name is mago and it sucked compared to this ://
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 00:20   Link #1611
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Raws out, it looks pretty funny.

Spoiler for Medaka Box 29:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 04:38   Link #1612
Darknemo2000

Chapter 29 looks the same as ever

Spoiler for 29:
Old 2009-11-26, 05:02   Link #1613
Arturro

Some people couldn't understand, why I was complaining when Flask plan and abnormals were introduced. Introduction of abnormals makes Zenkichi, as well as rest of the student council, useless. Power level are too different. Proved again in last chapter.

On the other hand my reception of chapter 28 has changed. From the start of the manga, most of characters in show were saying and showing, that Zenkichi doesn't deserve to be with Medaka, or (softer version) being with Medaka is a bad thing for Zenkichi. It's a standard cliche, where readers should root for protagonist as he is slowly overcoming difficulties.
At first I was really pissed when Akune was introduced. I still was rooting for Zen x Medaka, so a love rival, a bishi bastard one, rubbed me the wrong way. But after chapter 28 my opinion has changed. Zenkichi doesn't deserve to be with Medaka. Akune, I'm rooting for you now. You're as useless as Zenkichi against abnormals, but you have something Zenkichi doesn't. Spine and testicles. It was, in a way, a good chapter.

It's almost impossible to keep useless character as a protagonist, unless author makes him/her a victim. Victim could be a good protagonist if readers feel compassion for him/her, but when readers thinks that protagonist deserves his fate it's a sign of bad writing.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 05:38   Link #1614
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

I hope this little journey of his was planned by the author to make him start growing little by little. Let's say making him weak/pathetic at the beginning and bringing him out as a lion at the end of the maze - just like a dungeon rpg.
Quoted my old post and look at what was included in this chapter:

Spoiler for chap 29:

Wow This is one hell of a coincidence
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 06:54   Link #1615
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Quoted my old post and look at what was included in this chapter:

Spoiler for chap 29:

Wow This is one hell of a coincidence
Yeah. Looks like everyone have their suitable class

Medaka - a knight/hero

Akune - a fighter/martial artist

Kika - wizard

Zen - kick-my-ass class. He looks like a trash bin, but he probably meant to be a defender or some other tanking unit, but the idea is the same - being beaten around while everyone else are busy fighting the enemy.
Old 2009-11-26, 08:06   Link #1616
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Some people couldn't understand, why I was complaining when Flask plan and abnormals were introduced. Introduction of abnormals makes Zenkichi, as well as rest of the student council, useless. Power level are too different. Proved again in last chapter.

On the other hand my reception of chapter 28 has changed. From the start of the manga, most of characters in show were saying and showing, that Zenkichi doesn't deserve to be with Medaka, or (softer version) being with Medaka is a bad thing for Zenkichi. It's a standard cliche, where readers should root for protagonist as he is slowly overcoming difficulties.
At first I was really pissed when Akune was introduced. I still was rooting for Zen x Medaka, so a love rival, a bishi bastard one, rubbed me the wrong way. But after chapter 28 my opinion has changed. Zenkichi doesn't deserve to be with Medaka. Akune, I'm rooting for you now. You're as useless as Zenkichi against abnormals, but you have something Zenkichi doesn't. Spine and testicles. It was, in a way, a good chapter.

It's almost impossible to keep useless character as a protagonist, unless author makes him/her a victim. Victim could be a good protagonist if readers feel compassion for him/her, but when readers thinks that protagonist deserves his fate it's a sign of bad writing.
I agree about the standard cliche of a weak guy overcoming obstacles to be strong. However, Zen has pretty much been shown as useless and pathetic most of the manga. He's had one panel of growth and that's it. If you want to keep the readers coming back, you have to give them some hope to look forward to. If you keep punching the main guy down over and over again, people will just eventually give up.

True, the defeat in 29 looks more like a comedy defeat than anything else, but still, that may make it even worse, as it shows they aren't even worth the time for a proper fight.
Old 2009-11-26, 09:37   Link #1617
Iggy_Pop

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
i still think this mangaīs pretty decent, not top, but amazing art + obligatory jokes here and there

i think i read a few pages of nurarihyon or whatever itīs name is mago and it sucked compared to this ://
Yeah right, thank god Jump doesn't care about what the fuck you said. Medaka sucks big time, Mago is acclaimed in Japan. Sure dumbass, read a few pages and compare it to a series which you read all the chapters, fair comparison isn't it?
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:26   Link #1618
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
Yeah right, thank god Jump doesn't care about what the fuck you said. Medaka sucks big time, Mago is acclaimed in Japan. Sure dumbass, read a few pages and compare it to a series which you read all the chapters, fair comparison isn't it?
Calling someone dumbass because of what he like/dislike only proves that you are a dumbass, not he.
I really despise people, whose ego is so big they think everyone should think like them, and like/dislike same things as they are. Unfortunately this thread is full of such people, both MB lovers and MB haters.

IMHO Medaka Box is an example how manga should not be written, but I've no problem with people liking this manga. It's great such people are here, because I have someone to discuss about Medaka Box. Sometimes they even are right, some elements of MB are interesting.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 10:46   Link #1619
Iggy_Pop

Okay, maybe I was being too harsh and emotional, I also have no problem with people liking this awful manga. I was just saying it's not fair comparing a few pages to many chapters, just keep reading, Mago gets better with each chapter.
Iggy_Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:02   Link #1620
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah. Looks like everyone have their suitable class

Medaka - a knight/hero

Akune - a fighter/martial artist

Kika - wizard

Zen - kick-my-ass class. He looks like a trash bin, but he probably meant to be a defender or some other tanking unit, but the idea is the same - being beaten around while everyone else are busy fighting the enemy.
I think Zen is more suitable to be that skullhead on the right. That has been his position in the very beginning
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council