AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-25, 14:49   Link #521
Umiko
Open fire!

I think I started sniffing around the time when Naoi started to cry.
From there on, it was unstoppable.

Right when Tenshi said she came to that world to thank Otonashi,
I was like OH SHIT I know where this is heading.

Best anime of the Spring season.
Old 2010-07-26, 21:31   Link #522
PiNoypi

Seriously, I was not expecting
Spoiler for Ep 13:

Cant wait for the 14 ep!
Old 2010-08-03, 13:22   Link #523
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

I don't know if this was already mentioned or not, but the whole idea of Kanade being in the "afterlife" before Otonashi since he was the one to give his heart to her might be possible from the last scene where he sees her and tries to rape her...(not really).

It's not likely cuz it's more explained as both of them finding each other after being reincarnated, BUT what if that was BEFORE they both died?
Just an idea....
Old 2010-08-05, 07:20   Link #524
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirbelwind8 View Post
I don't know if this was already mentioned or not, but the whole idea of Kanade being in the "afterlife" before Otonashi since he was the one to give his heart to her might be possible from the last scene where he sees her and tries to rape her...(not really).

It's not likely cuz it's more explained as both of them finding each other after being reincarnated, BUT what if that was BEFORE they both died?
Just an idea....
That's what I thought too, that maybe it could be a flashback.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-08-13, 22:49   Link #525
qwertyuiopz

i cant take this ep seriously lol...its really lame
Old 2010-09-09, 15:03   Link #526
greedyisgood
easy mode

Great anime as expected from Key
Old 2010-09-18, 05:36   Link #527
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightt View Post
A few Qs:

- So, wait, if Otonashi was drawn there to complete Kanade. Why weren't Yuri's siblings drawn there to complete her?
She wasn't incomplete due to her siblings. Her problem was sealing herself away from loving others due to guilt and the anger of the way her siblings were killed (and her failure to prevent it).

Quote:
- Why didn't Otonashi just get reincarnated the moment he died since he had no regrets? Do they stay somewhere for a while, and why? Since people with regrets (eventually without regrets) instantly get reincarnated, or that's what it appears to be like. I'm probably wrong tho. xD
He may have actually when you think about it.
One possibility
Otonashi dies
Kanade gets his stuff
Otonashi reborn as Motonashi (or whoever/whatever)
Kanade dies
Kanade enters SSS world
Motonashi lives for X years and dies
Otonashi (aka Motonashi) enters SSS world

Quote:
- Finally, why didn't Otonashi dissappear the moment Kanade did? Since his mission was accomplished, he should've dissappeared. (Stupid Q, I know.)
Eh he was sad. You need time to get through the sadness or else it becomes a regret and if Otonashi is crazy enough, he might try the programmers way and just wait around. Fortunately, as Maeda talked about in an interview (Megami magazine i think), Otonashi's not the type to sit around and mope but rather walk into the future with the hope they will meet again
Old 2010-09-18, 09:54   Link #528
Miroku2
Disabled By Request

hey guys i wanted to ask you something. i kno the episode 13 it's done. "the end" but i've been reading on the internet... about a special episode coming out on december. it would be the episode 14.

it is true?

also i heard that the second season was confirmed for spring of 2011. but like i said, i'm not very sure of this info. so if any of you can answer me these questions... i'll be glad.

Later xD!
Old 2010-09-18, 10:04   Link #529
GDB

There's an extra episode on the final dvd/blu-ray in December. Whether it's episode 14 or X.5 is unknown. There are rumors of another season/prequel, but nothing's been confirmed yet.
Old 2010-09-18, 13:17   Link #530
Miroku2
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's an extra episode on the final dvd/blu-ray in December. Whether it's episode 14 or X.5 is unknown. There are rumors of another season/prequel, but nothing's been confirmed yet.

do you think that in the extra episode, we'll see them in real life? lol
i really wish to see if yui and hinata found each other and be together <3!

Later xD!

Last edited by Miroku2; 2010-09-18 at 14:23.
Old 2010-09-19, 10:04   Link #531
trowapeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroku2 View Post

Later xD!
A fan art showing how Kanade might look like in real life

Old 2010-09-20, 19:56   Link #532
Piprocker
Vernadead~

Send a message via MSN to Piprocker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miroku2 View Post

Later xD!
i wanna kno that too!

i miss Yui!!!

Yui & Hinata forever xD!

Last edited by Piprocker; 2010-09-20 at 20:09.
Old 2010-09-29, 00:41   Link #533
Tasdern
Kairin fan club member

Wow a very good series, but way too short. This should have been 26 eps at least - 52 would have been better. Other Key series were gut wrenching in their depth so this one seemed rushed. I'm glad we didn't have endless silly fighting but I would have liked there to have been a better build up to the reason for Kanade's and Otonashi relationship. I sort of expected him to get some closure on that front but I didn't see the final resolution coming which was a bit of a let down.

I feel it was a very good series that could have been so much more powerful if they took more time to setup some slightly different explainations.

But I liked it. Sure was a tear jerker and the music & animation was outstanding.
Old 2010-10-07, 03:06   Link #534
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by trowapeter View Post
A fan art showing how Kanade might look like in real life

Wow that fan art is amazingly well done, I like it.

Anyways, just finished watching this anime, and read like a whole 9 pages of this thread before getting lazy.

Personally, for me, this anime was near-perfect. As stated previously though and IMO, the only real let down in this series was how short it was. I couldn't agree more about having more time dedicated to the other SSS members, their back stories, and how they've come to terms with and accepted their lives post-shadow battle. For me, an episode on each of them resolving their issues and aspirations then disappearing would have sufficed (i.e. Similar to the episode dedicated to Yui, but, with the other characters).

Alas, I must say, that besides the condensed series length and the handful of loose ends left here and there, it would have to be one of the best animes I've ever watched. Everything that happened just seemed to fit in quite well for me, Otonashi and Kanade's gradual affection development, the uniform humour injected at random moments by the various characters (Lol slow motion spinning rocket chair w/ song, being one of them. Oh and TK FTW! "Get chance and luck!"), the frequent violence/action and use of a multitude of weapons...including supernatural ones, the alluringly touching yet somewhat didactic-styled music performed throughout the series by GDM along with the ones implemented in the Opening/Ending.......there's more but I cbb listing them all. All in all the anime was very diverse for me, all I could think in my head at the end of this episode was "Maeda, now that's what I call finesse".

Oh right, and that moment when Kanade revealed that her life had been saved because someone had donated their heart to her, yet came into the 'Afterlife' because she undoubtedly wanted to thank that donater......wow. Everything clicked into place, I was speechless. Absolutely awesome way to tie all that up. The confession too, it did quite well in displaying how much of a connection had formed between them which made it all the more sad to see Kanade disappear. I certainly do hope though, that Otonashi continued helping others for awhile after her departure, instead of leaving immediately after her, completely going back on his own idea just because she had left. Thus, I believe that an episode dedicated to what he did after her departure in that world (possibly including helping others, passing on the responsibility/job of doing so to another capable person, and also reflecting on all that happened with the SSS and Tenshi by visiting the various places of the 'Afterlife', then finally departing happily) wouldn't be that bad either.

On a concluding note, this anime, so far, suprisingly, is the only one that has been able to truly make me laugh out loud, yet almost have me in tears. I would definitely love to see any sort of continuation or explanation episode(s) regarding this series. Haha, once again in IMO....it's certainly up there in my favorites along with DN, K-On! & DtB

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other stuff....but I'll end it at that.

9.7 - rounded to 10 ^^
Old 2010-10-12, 13:35   Link #535
Arisu-san

It was an awesome Anime!!!
at the end, I cried, so beautiful <33
Old 2010-10-16, 16:20   Link #536
Tsun Tsun Dere Dere
~Naoi Ayato Fangirl~

I rated the episode an 8, because, honestly I did expect more from it.
However, it was a satisfying ending. Naoi taking leave first, telling others not to "shed womanly tears", when he himself was crying, gave me a sort of bittersweet feeling.

One of the only major problems I had with the ending, was the sudden romance between Kanade and Otonashi. It just seemed too forced, as well as cliched.
Another problem I had with the ending was that Noda didn't get a backstory.

For me, the last episode's glory, lies within Naoi , Hinata and Yurippe. Which is ironic, giving the circumstances.

To put this simple: It's ending did not make me tear up, like I was told it would. However, it still earned it's way to being in my top 3 favorite animes. So, I'm not complaining. The ending was well done. It could have been better, but alot of endings could have.
Old 2010-10-21, 08:23   Link #537
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

maybe i m a bit slow?? but who cares?? So long its a great anime it wasnt to late aint it??So an extra episode to be released in Dec....with season two coming next year...sure...i used way to many tissue than I expected
Old 2010-10-21, 17:46   Link #538
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakanoAzusa View Post
maybe i m a bit slow?? but who cares?? So long its a great anime it wasnt to late aint it??So an extra episode to be released in Dec....with season two coming next year...sure...i used way to many tissue than I expected
Wait... A season 2 next year? Where was this announced o.o
Old 2010-10-30, 12:35   Link #539
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Otonashi actually wanted to stay in this world with Kanade after the others leave? Did this actually happen? If it did Otonashi is sured one messed up person.
Yes because he wanted to help others who would come to pass on and not stay in the world as it happened before.
Old 2010-10-30, 13:45   Link #540
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakanoAzusa View Post
And what makes you think there is a season two ? Sorry to break it to you, but there isn't going to be season two because the anime ended here. This was afterall, just an adaptation of the VN so there's nothing else to adapt. Besides, with the OVA announced it was also mentioned that it will include a bonus short with a epilogue ... and that will be the last you see of Angel Beats.