AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 09:17   Link #81
Midonin
Last Engage

The Nico deletion force already got to it, but luckily I was able to watch it through once. Nagi, singing and dancing. It was fun to watch.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:15   Link #82
mouhitori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The Nico deletion force already got to it, but luckily I was able to watch it through once. Nagi, singing and dancing. It was fun to watch.
Agree about the fun part. I feel the main characters are likable, and the songs are good too.

For the OP, maybe she will try to become an idol in future story?

Short summary
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:26   Link #83
Woland
Latin Rascal

OP (youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDv7vRxmuDU
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:26   Link #84
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Was watching it... until it stopped at the bath scene... Damn it...

Leaving my full impressions until later, I'll just say that currently, I think this is excellent!
SAIKOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U!!!

And to top it, the animation is excellent!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 10:33   Link #85
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Uuu~ The OP's good
Now I wonder how long until a raw comes out
Old 2008-10-04, 11:02   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hahhaa, truly wonderful!! Out of all of the anime so far aired, this one proved to be the most entertaining x 2!!
It went beyond my expectations (already high)! 14/10, 14/10!!
Wa~~~~~~~~~~~i~~~~! <--high tension

Also, thankfully, the ED read the mood and was something actually related to the anime. Wonderful, song and visually (though it didn't really move).

Anyways, loved it, hyahah! Characters are lovable, comedy works, animation is excellent, tempo works, ED is great, OP is okay, the quality of the art doesn't break like Abyss's, voices fit.
No complaints!

Now! Now! Bring on Indexxxxxxxxxxxx!!

First, time to rewatch the episode...

Oh yeah... Tsugumi didn't get to appear on screen... Next time!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:03   Link #87
7Th
Mixtape

Excellent animation. Probably the most visually stunning show of the season.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 14:04   Link #88
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
serenade_beta pretty much shouts "LOVE"
from what i can see.

after watching the episode just now, i really really expected this to be good (as one of the fans of the manga). turns out it's better than what i expected. voices are excellent, i love how Jin & Nagi's voice turned out to be. Zange from what i've heard so far from their radio bangumi, sounds preety good too not sure about Tsugumi tho but i doubt it'll disappoint, i think every VA mix with their role pretty good. Quality blew me away, what we've seen on the PV trailers still the same the show has "budget" written all over

first episode was greatly enjoyable, definitely love the OP/ED.. both just lovable, imo. even though the op doesn't relate to the actual story itself. I guess with this the next volumes of the manga wil get translated too *crosses fingers*

Quote:
"even Gods goes to the toilet.."
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 15:22   Link #89
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

And we have a winner! Because of Yamamoto Yutaka, I expected this to be good, and it's even better than I hoped, at least through one episode. Yes, Yamakan is a genius.

And yes, Tomatsu Haruka is an excellent seiyuu: she has clearly watched Ichigo Mashimaro (echoes of Orikasa Fumiko, Chiba Saeko and Nabatame Hitomi) and Spice and Wolf (Koshimizu Ami's way of doing ancient speech). And she can sing. And maybe we have to give credit to sound director Kikuta Hiromi, too. She did shows like KgNE, Emma, and Daughter of Twenty-Faces, and if she had anything to do with some of the little vocal twists and turns in this show, she's brilliant.

Outstanding animation. A very good OP and ED. If this one keeps up this quality, it will be the Lucky Star or Suzumiya Haruhi of this season. Oh, wait, Yamakan was the creative force behind those shows, too. Naruhodo.

All this and Sawashiro Miyuki, too.

EDIT: I just took a look at 2channel, and this show seems to be taking off there. After the broadcast, there were 1000 posts within three hours.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-04 at 16:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 18:28   Link #90
suguru
京都 ikitai~

I loved the manga, so glad to hear this is getting good reviews--I was a little worried about A-1 Pictures doing this since I wasn't crazy about Birdy Decode, but sounds like my fears were unfounded. The OP is pretty entertaining too with Nagi as an idol--I'm thinking she'll go far in the moe tournaments next year at this rate
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:08   Link #91
Westlo
Lets be reality

Off to a good start, looking forward to the rest of the cast being introduced.. and yes the op is awesome.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:32   Link #92
darlliu

Everything about this anime, except the Raw for now, seems great. I'll definitely wait for a better raw and stick to it for the season.
Old 2008-10-04, 22:03   Link #93
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
If this one keeps up this quality, it will be the Lucky Star or Suzumiya Haruhi of this season.
So you're saying the irresistable force of hype is about to meet the immovable object of blind hatred?

The first episode was great fun though, nice animation and excellent voice acting. What little BGM we heard also worked well (love that saxophone...). As people who've read the manga had said, it seems we're in more for straight-out gags than the gentle humour of Kamichu!, but that's fine too (I have to say the very pretty opening sequence did remind me of said show).

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-04, 22:09   Link #94
kaosmos

sawashiro miyuki in it,count me in!

also.....nagi is cute!
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:51   Link #95
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
So you're saying the irresistible force of hype is about to meet the immovable object of blind hatred?
Lol. Let's hope those terms of the equation are omitted. I'm thinking of a high-quality comic moe anime that ensorcels otaku of various stripes into blind devotion and brings about the incessant ringing of cash registers. Something like that.
Spoiler for answer to Simon's question:
And suguru, I think that so far this is a good example of why the director is a better guide to what the anime will be like than the studio is. You can see some similarity with Birdy in the look of the drawing, but that's about it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-04 at 23:06.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 00:06   Link #96
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

*watches OP*
-blinks-
uwah, **gets**
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 01:02   Link #97
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

...... if only for the shinto connections -- this on my list. Obviously the meat of the story is in the relationship growth but I'm hoping its woven in like Kamichu!, Wagaya..., and other such shows.

Starting to look like a full season of small gems, maybe?

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-10-05 at 01:14.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 05:06   Link #98
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
First episode was pretty funny. There are different scenes in the anime than in the manga. The anime version is a bit more on the pervy side too, but in a good way :'D Can't wait to see more!
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:14   Link #99
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sub just got released by Ayako.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 07:20   Link #100
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

do i even dare grab it even know its under Aniplex works -.-
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote